Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,581 members, 7,809,110 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:26 PM

Must Read!!! How I Overcame The Major Type Of Depression - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Must Read!!! How I Overcame The Major Type Of Depression (384 Views)

7 Type Of People You Will Notice When You Board A Church Bus To Service / The type of wedding ceremony most acceptable by GOD. / WOMEN, The Major Problem Of Churches In Terms Of Dressing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Must Read!!! How I Overcame The Major Type Of Depression by acmesuccess: 6:53pm On Dec 16, 2014
Good evening everyone, I hope your day has been fine?
I am posting this story in order to help many others who are currently in my position. The real purpose is to help those who are currently depressed to know the best way, without spending much on medicals, to overcome major depression.
Please read along as I post the first part.
Thank you.

::::::::;:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

It reallyly didn’t come so well for me back then, as I wake up every day asking myself why I woke at all. Wouldn’t it be so nice if I just slept off and didn’t wake up and everything causing this depression wouldn’t have a choice but to whisk away without I doing nothing about it? But hell, I kept waking up each day doing nothing but thinking about this huge debt I found myself in.

And of course, taking my own life comes as thought as often as I allowed it. And I couldn’t just find myself a better means of suicide. At the point of death, I’m sure I would regret hanging myself and wish the rope just break. Same goes for drowning, taking poison and maybe running into a moving truck. What if I just lost my limbs or go slow and didn’t die! Gosh, that will be going straight into the fire after thinking the frying pan is too hot..lol.

But yet, in this complete state of cowardice that has enveloped my whole being, I realized it’s almost 4 months now since depression has taken over, and I didn’t stop living. It means I have taken my time to eat and stay alive. Why? Am I not willing to die? Why eat again? I could just stop eating since nothing matters anymore. But, that’s not me. I don’t joke with my stomach! But yet, my health is gradually failing and drugs stop working. You don’t need doctors’ headphones (stethoscope) to listen to my heartbeat. And I got so lean that doctors don’t need an x-ray to count my ribs. I got a compulsory six packs because my ribs clearly count, and my head becomes big that my neck complains of the weight. Yet, I eat, but food doesn’t work for me anymore. It has also conspired to work against me just like everything else in my world. My good clothes received a compulsory holiday and my foods smell like nothing but prison food. I will go to jail for sure. I kept reminding myself. This time, my world wasn’t crashing; it was a witness against my living!

I wasted every second as they come. I started forgetting things and this got me angrier. The little things I could have been doing started suffering due to negligence, lack of proper attention, and inability to think straight. I became obsessed with nothing but my state and an easy route out of it. My reasoning was beclouded with this obsession that I didn’t realize there will never be any easy route out of this. My reasons focused on how to escape, and not how to solve this problem. In fact, I stopped believing I could solve this issue and started wishing for miracles. So, every day of my life was wishful thoughts and absolute nothing! I was badly hit by this major type of depression than I ever imagined.

All my life, I thought I was psychologically strong, but I was shown the other side of the coin. Business going down faster than a Ferrari, hope getting fade like the steam, cash avoiding me like I’m a plague, and my relationship wanna quit itself. Everything around me screams for attention; they all needed money. Money that wasn’t even available. Thoughts of suicide are now justified. It became a sweet option. In fact, my spirit agrees with me that that is the only option out of all these.

But somehow, I overcame this. I came out strong. How? I will gladly reveal how easy I achieved this as this write up continues.
The next part will briefly explain how to identify depression.

You can read the rest at www.acmesuccess007.. Or wait till I post the second part later this week.
Than you

(1) (Reply)

Music: Kingdom Come ~ 8bars Crew / "Sacrifice All Hatred, Slay It Upon The Altar Of Devotion, Devotion To Others." / Why Is Red Associated With Christmas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.