Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,521 members, 7,801,428 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:04 PM

About December25th In The Bible - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / About December25th In The Bible (6431 Views)

Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? / About December25th In The Bible. / What's Your Favourite Verse(s)/chapter(s) In The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: About December25th In The Bible by Nobody: 12:16pm On Dec 17, 2014
CAPTIVATOR:

Jesus christ whom we are discussin is a bible character !!! Is Seun osewa a Bible Character ??

We're are not talking about the character but rather his commandments and are you sure you even observe all he's commandments ?.

1 Like

Re: About December25th In The Bible by greatbaba(m): 12:36pm On Dec 17, 2014
Do u knw y everyone celebrates christmas? christmas marks the birth of our LORD JESUS CHRIST, that was wen salvation was brought to the world. And JESUS is the father of all christians pagans etc nd deep down in dier heart they know it i.e everyone knws dat Jesus is the lord nd dy celebrate his birth. Read john 1:1-5

1 Like

Re: About December25th In The Bible by CAPTIVATOR: 2:21pm On Dec 17, 2014
Elantracey:

We're are not talking about the character but rather his commandments and are you sure you even observe all he's commandments?

Yes, and that is d reason why am tryin my best to avoid a man made celebration that operates a Joint Venture with the Roman sun god

1 Like

Re: About December25th In The Bible by Nobody: 2:25pm On Dec 17, 2014
CAPTIVATOR:

Yes, and that is d reason why am tryin my best to avoid a man made celebration that operates a Joint Venture with the Roman sun god

Can't you explain that?
Re: About December25th In The Bible by Nobody: 2:39pm On Dec 17, 2014
CAPTIVATOR:

He did BUT NOT WHEN PAGAN CELEBRATION IS INVOLVE ! HE didnt attend King Herod's Birthday Party
We are not attending roman gods celebration. We are celebrating Jesus birthday.

someone was released from prison ! So what does Jeohachin prison release have to with Christ Man Made Date Set On December 25
Good that you know it.
What does roman pagan god celebration got to do with ours? undecided
Re: About December25th In The Bible by CAPTIVATOR: 3:42pm On Dec 17, 2014
FrancisTony:

We are not attending roman gods celebration. We are celebrating Jesus birthday.

Birthday?? ... He himself never celebrate his birthday !!!

There are numerous servant of God in the bible , NONE of them celebrate their birthdays!! ONLY PAGANS DID IT , KING HEROD AND PHARAOH !!! Its gettin interesting

Good that you know it.
What does roman pagan god celebration got to do with ours? undecided

Jeohachin and Jesus were not born the same day !!! But christmas and sun god were done the same day , no wonder kids throw bangers

1 Like

Re: About December25th In The Bible by dolphinheart(m): 6:01pm On Dec 17, 2014
FrancisTony:

-Jesus celebrated and ate with sinners.

-The way sinners celebrate their own shouldn't define mine. smiley

But it just did na!, u urself Said u choose that date to outshine pagans.!
Re: About December25th In The Bible by Nobody: 8:11pm On Dec 17, 2014
CAPTIVATOR:
Jeohachin and Jesus were not born the same day !!! But christmas and sun god were done the same day , no wonder kids throw bangers
Same way Jesus and Roman Pagan deity weren't born on the same day.
But Christmas and Joahachin celebration is done on the same day. undecided

By the way, Sol Invictus the pagan deity is a lifeless god and 25th december is his celebration not birthday.
Re: About December25th In The Bible by dolphinheart(m): 8:50pm On Dec 17, 2014
Conversation between Mr. A and Mr. On christmass celebration.
(Mr. A does not support the celebration while Mr. B does)

Mr. A: jesus was not born on Dec 25th na!.

Mr. B: I'm not disputing that with you,what I'm saying is that jesus our savior was born, the bible said so and we must celebrate the birth of our savior!

Mr. A: but the bible did not say or show us anywhere where jesus, his father,mother, followers , haters, apostles , disciples celebrated his birthday na!

Mr. B: that does not matter, the bible said not all what jesus did was recorded. Moreover there are other oral traditions that we can follow to do the celebration.

Mr. A: so if someone says jesus was married , what will you say?

Mr. B: the bible did not say jesus was married, so jesus did not marry.

Mr. A: *laughs*

Mr. B: why are you laughing, this is not a laughing matter.

Mr. A: I'm sorry, no vex. So what prove do you have to support this celebration ?

Mr b. : the proves are numerous, 1. Jesus was born and the angels celebrated his birth. 2. One isrealite king was exalted by the babylonian king in the bible on the 25th day of the 12th month in the bible and 3. The bible said we can make any day special.

Mr. A: I dnt see anything wrong about rejoicing and celebrating at the birth of a child, more expecially on the birth of our savior. But no mention was made of the angels coming back again to do the rejoicing, they did on the day he was born , and that was final. Moreover the scriptures did make mention of celebrating birthdays as pagan practice, why then do christians practice it too despite the bible telling us we should be wary of pagan customs. On your Jewish king being exalted date. Is that calender the same as we are using now? Cus I can remember Nissan 14 dnt always come up on the 14th . On choosing any date , why was Dec 25th choosing.

Mr. B: the 25th of Dec was choosing cus the pagans where using that date to outshine the Christian religion . So we chose that date to outshine them .

Mr. A: ok let's say you have a right to celebrate the birth of jesus, what about the ceremonies and customs associated with the celebration, like christmass tree, shiny materials around the tree, christmass present, christmass carol, mistletoe, father christmass, christmass star, etc, do they have origin associated with the scriptures?

Mr. B: God owns everything on earth, and his worshipers have the right to use anything to celebrate the birth of his son .
Re: About December25th In The Bible by Youngsage: 11:46pm On Dec 17, 2014
FrancisTony:
We are approaching december 25th, and a lot of debate(s) would be flying around on why christians shouldn't celebrate christmas because it isn't biblical and that date was/is being used to celebrate pagan deity.

The argument is mostly coming from; atheist- Using it make Christians see that they ain't obeying their scriptures, and would end up in hell fire- if their fairy tale biblical account were to be true.

Muslim- to show christians how they're contradicting their holy scriptures using self-appraisal- they know bible more than them(us).

Jehovah witness- to show that they are the best christians.....and some christian faith that don't share Catholic view about december 25th being the birth of our lord Jesus Christ.

But, they are all wrong. undecided
They would resort in asking us to provide a biblical proof to support it, making us to know it's a day for the worshiping the roman gods.

My question is; Does it mean that Satan or whatever god, specially owns that date and we shouldn't use it. We are to avoid any day/date, huh? Atleast, he(God/Jesus) made all things by himself and gave us command over it. I don't see why it should cause a fuss.

This verse would be of help when someone throws the question towards you.
I'm just using thir avenue to help some ignorant Christians who find it hard defending their faith. undecided

The above^^^, is a biblical proof of how December 25th was used to celebrate the victory of King jehoiachin after his release from the prison.

What does it symbolise?

Answer- 25th of December should be used to celebrate the birth of "king of the universe"- Yes! Jesus is our saviour.

Celebrate your Christmas and don't forget to devour all the fowls in your neighbourhood. cheesy

Hmmm! You might wanna read this:

https://www.nairaland.com/1565153/should-christians-celebrate-christmas ?

smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: About December25th In The Bible by Youngsage: 12:41am On Dec 18, 2014
herald9:

Do Christians base their beliefs in the Bible or on traditional reasoning?

This is why I keep saying Catholicism is a religion on it's own.
lol @ bolded.
Reminds me of somewhere i was some time ago, a young man was asked:
"are you a Christian, or a Muslim?" (for the purpose of filling in a form)
his reply: "Catholic."
Funny.

1 Like

Re: About December25th In The Bible by vooks: 3:28am On Dec 18, 2014
Use your head for once. If Christmas was one of those traditions never mentioned yet it was practiced, how comes there is no extrabiblical records of the same for over the first 300 years of Christianity? Which tradition was being followed in introducing Christmas?
FrancisTony:

2 Thess2:15 Paul advised us to keep believing in oral tradition.

I believe in Bible and Oral tradition.

Sola biblica is devilish doctrine introduced by Martin Luther.
Re: About December25th In The Bible by vooks: 3:34am On Dec 18, 2014
Mumu
The Jewish calendar does not follow our Roman calendar and the 12th month is not our December!
Besides, their years had 360 days while ours have 365-366 days. This means even if their months coincided with ours, they would gain 5 days EVERY year. In just 6 years and they would be 30 days or 1 month ahead

FrancisTony:

Debunk my OP biblical quote and stop ranting. undecided
Re: About December25th In The Bible by herald9: 7:40am On Dec 18, 2014
Youngsage:

lol @ bolded.
Reminds me of somewhere i was some time ago, a young man was asked:
"are you a Christian, or a Muslim?" (for the purpose of filling in a form)
his reply: "Catholic."
Funny.

you see?
Re: About December25th In The Bible by Nobody: 8:00am On Dec 18, 2014
vooks:

Use your head for once. If Christmas was one of those traditions never mentioned yet it was practiced, how comes there is no extrabiblical records of the same for over the first 300 years of Christianity? Which tradition was being followed in introducing Christmas?
What do you mean @bolded?
Re: About December25th In The Bible by Nobody: 8:04am On Dec 18, 2014
herald9:

you see?
That's a naive teenager.
Catholic mean univesal and christianity was given to us by pagans.

A Jehovah witness would answer the same.
By the way, we don't care if they call us Christian or not. It has pagan origin.
Re: About December25th In The Bible by Nobody: 8:07am On Dec 18, 2014
vooks:
Mumu
The Jewish calendar does not follow our Roman calendar and the 12th month is not our December!
Besides, their years had 360 days while ours have 365-366 days. This means even if their months coincided with ours, they would gain 5 days EVERY year. In just 6 years and they would be 30 days or 1 month ahead

Okay. If Jesus birthday was actually announced as Nov1, it would be held on Nov7?

Fantastic undecided
Re: About December25th In The Bible by herald9: 8:34am On Dec 18, 2014
FrancisTony:

That's a naive teenager.
Catholic mean univesal and christianity was given to us by pagans.

A Jehovah witness would answer the same.
By the way, we don't care if they call us Christian or not. It has pagan origin.

Christianity given to us by pa-what? shocked

Do you remember when the apostles assembled at Antioch.
Do you know that's when Christianity was formed.
Hmmm you need to get your facts right.You don't just throw in random opinion just to backup your claim.

It's Catholicism that's rather paganish in nature. All the burning of incense... worshipping of millions saints...bowing for carved images... adoring the cross which is supposed to be stowed away as it represents pains and suffering.

Catholicism is a dead religion…All it's practices are medieval and was supposed to die with the old testamentant.
As Jesus came with a new foresight towards Christianity instead of the old barbaric doctrines in the old testament.

so get your facts right.

Re: About December25th In The Bible by vooks: 9:09am On Dec 18, 2014
When first was this Christmas 'tradition' celebrated?
FrancisTony:

What do you mean @bolded?
Re: About December25th In The Bible by vooks: 9:10am On Dec 18, 2014
It was not announced cool
FrancisTony:

Okay. If Jesus birthday was actually announced as Nov1, it would be held on Nov7?

Fantastic undecided
Re: About December25th In The Bible by Nobody: 9:16am On Dec 18, 2014
herald9:

Christianity given to us by pa-what? shocked
Act11:26 26, 28

Apostles were called "Christians" by Antioch pagans and it was used in a deriogatory way.

Do you remember when the apostles assembled at Antioch.
Do you know that's when Christianity was formed.
Hmmm you need to get your facts right.You don't just throw in random opinion just to backup your claim.
They gathered in Antioch and never called themselves Christians.

Antioch pagans did or do you want to support it biblically? cheesy
Re: About December25th In The Bible by Nobody: 9:18am On Dec 18, 2014
vooks:
When first was this Christmas 'tradition' celebrated?
For roman god "Sol Invictus".

We celebrate our own for "Jesus Christ". smiley
Re: About December25th In The Bible by vooks: 9:24am On Dec 18, 2014
WHEN FIRST was Christmas celebrated?
FrancisTony:

Re: About December25th In The Bible by Nobody: 9:26am On Dec 18, 2014
vooks:
WHEN FIRST was Christmas celebrated?
Year I don't know.
Re: About December25th In The Bible by vooks: 9:31am On Dec 18, 2014
Do you think the apostles celebrated it?
FrancisTony:

Year I don't know.
Re: About December25th In The Bible by herald9: 9:35am On Dec 18, 2014
FrancisTony:

Act11:26 26, 28

Apostles were called "Christians" by Antioch pagans and it was used in a deriogatory way.

They gathered in Antioch and never called themselves Christians.

Antioch pagans did or do you want to support it biblically? cheesy

Lwkmd

An organization of people must have a common name to which they can be easily identified and distinguished from others.

No matter where the name came from...It doesn't affect their doctrines.

And CHRISTIAN simply means A FOLLOWER OF CHRIST. What's paganish about that name?

My dear...you don't have a say...
Re: About December25th In The Bible by Nobody: 9:40am On Dec 18, 2014
herald9:

Lwkmd

An organization of people must have a common name to which they can be easily identified and distinguished from others.

No matter where the name came from...It doesn't affect their doctrines.

And CHRISTIAN simply means A FOLLOWER OF CHRIST. What's paganish about that name?

My dear...you don't have a say...
My point is that apostles didn't give themselves the name.

Yes! An organization must have a common name and that's Catholic meaning Universal Church of Christ. wink
Re: About December25th In The Bible by Nobody: 9:42am On Dec 18, 2014
vooks:
Do you think the apostles celebrated it?
We should know what's right without being told.

Did Apostles use internet to spread their goodnews?

Why using it?
Re: About December25th In The Bible by herald9: 9:55am On Dec 18, 2014
FrancisTony:

My point is that apostles didn't give themselves the name.

Yes! An organization must have a common name and that's Catholic meaning Universal Church of Christ. wink

shea the name Catholic was written at the bottom of the ten commandments given to Moses
smiley
Re: About December25th In The Bible by vooks: 10:22am On Dec 18, 2014
They never celebrated Christmas and nobody did for another 300 years since pentecost.
So Christmas is not one of those traditions paul was writing about.
It means the Christians for the first three hundred years did not know what is 'right'
FrancisTony:

We should know what's right without being told.

Did Apostles use internet to spread their goodnews?

Why using it?
Re: About December25th In The Bible by dolphinheart(m): 12:16pm On Dec 18, 2014
FrancisTony:

Catholics..... Stealing pagan traditions since 15 B.C.E
Re: About December25th In The Bible by Ubenedictus(m): 2:59pm On Dec 18, 2014
vooks:
They never celebrated Christmas and nobody did for another 300 years since pentecost.
So Christmas is not one of those traditions paul was writing about.
It means the Christians for the first three hundred years did not know what is 'right'
who told you dat nonesense, hoppolytus record that christmas is celebrated years before 160 AD. So my dear go back and research.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Do People Fear Man Rather Than God? / Ananta Bijoy Das Hacked To Death For Criticizing Islam / New Year's 2020, & Of Course Has 20 Repeating Itself, but Why? Happy 2020 Y'all.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.