Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,376 members, 7,781,055 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:08 AM

The Undoing Of Igbos In Nigerian Politics - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Undoing Of Igbos In Nigerian Politics (1630 Views)

Suspension Of Parradang NIS Boss A Coverup For Buhari/apc Undoing / Nigerians Blast Oba Akiolu Over Threat To Igbos In Lagos - See Tweets / Presdent Jonathan: His Undoing With OBJ And GMB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Undoing Of Igbos In Nigerian Politics by Nobody: 9:34pm On Dec 16, 2014
The Yoruba's have gotten more out of Nigeria that our SE brothers ! They play smart politics , choose when to ally with the center and when to oppose it smartly NOT based of prejudice and bigotry! This way , they gain while some other folks hold on to a frankly delusional dislike for another group and consistently outdo themselves! If you want to sink with GEJ an incompetent man because you want to use him to "deny" the North power, by all means do so, but remember that you also push power further away from yourself because YOU NEED ALLIANCES (even if it is with your perceived enemies) to ever get to power! When I look West or North, I don't see the SE forming any alliances , hence I can confidently conclude that they have miscalculated again! Would you guys go and hang yourselves in 2019 when PDP rotates power to the North and your much hated Hausa-fulani muslim northerner becomes president ? Would you then run to the SW and say let's oppose them? Tinubu is a brilliant politician , he probably distrusts the North more than you do, but he understand that ALLIANCES rather than bigotry is the route to power in a country with major ethnic groups and power blocks! Give or take power will certainly reach the SW AGAIN before the SE , bc APC or PDP understands that they need this block! Okorocha understands this, and I am sure many pragmatic Igbos felt proud of him when he mounted the podium at the APC convention to add an Igbo voice to what has become A NATIONAL CRY FOR CHANGE! you cannot as a result of unfounded bigotry hold the whole nation back! It is not a good reason to do so! Reminds me of the biblical "fake mother " who asked Solomon that the baby which was not hers be divided! ! This is what you guys did in 2011 and are doing now ! You will sacrifice Nigeria on the platter of bigotry and hatred if even it destroys you? How can you hate another , more than you love yourself ? I say rethink your motivations, I would respect whoever you choose to support as long as it is bc of his competence or lack of it , but to hate a pleural entity "Hausa-fulani muslim north? Is silly and won't get you anywhere!

-CramJones

2 Likes

Re: The Undoing Of Igbos In Nigerian Politics by Adelaide2: 10:29pm On Dec 16, 2014
But Okorocha and Ngige and millions of other Igbos in Imo and Anambra and Lagos are in APC. Why are you choosing and picking on Igbos? Is it a crime to be in both PDP and APC? Are northerners and SWners not in both APC and PDP? Who are the Igbos in PDP relating with? Are they not northerners and other Nigerians, including SWners? What other kind of alliance do you want them to seek?

You are the big bad bigot here.

7 Likes

Re: The Undoing Of Igbos In Nigerian Politics by Ikengawo: 10:33pm On Dec 16, 2014

[img]http://4.bp..com/-DeItLN1Zz48/VH9_XbTuewI/AAAAAAAAWH4/CGUIbtIYZFc/s1600/Photos%2BOf%2BThe%2BFirst%2BMade-In-Nigeria%2BCars-Sahara-Gossip-Blog-1.jpg[/img]
Re: The Undoing Of Igbos In Nigerian Politics by Ikengawo: 10:34pm On Dec 16, 2014
Re: The Undoing Of Igbos In Nigerian Politics by Ikengawo: 10:36pm On Dec 16, 2014
Re: The Undoing Of Igbos In Nigerian Politics by Ikengawo: 10:38pm On Dec 16, 2014
Re: The Undoing Of Igbos In Nigerian Politics by Nobody: 10:39pm On Dec 16, 2014
cramjones:
The Yoruba's have gotten more out of Nigeria that our SE brothers ! They play smart politics , choose when to ally with the center and when to oppose it smartly NOT based of prejudice and bigotry! This way , they gain while some other folks hold on to a frankly delusional dislike for another group and consistently outdo themselves! If you want to sink with GEJ an incompetent man because you want to use him to "deny" the North power, by all means do so, but remember that you also push power further away from yourself because YOU NEED ALLIANCES (even if it is with your perceived enemies) to ever get to power! When I look West or North, I don't see the SE forming any alliances , hence I can confidently conclude that they have miscalculated again! Would you guys go and hang yourselves in 2019 when PDP rotates power to the North and your much hated Hausa-fulani muslim northerner becomes president ? Would you then run to the SW and say let's oppose them? Tinubu is a brilliant politician , he probably distrusts the North more than you do, but he understand that ALLIANCES rather than bigotry is the route to power in a country with major ethnic groups and power blocks! Give or take power will certainly reach the SW AGAIN before the SE , bc APC or PDP understands that they need this block! Okorocha understands this, and I am sure many pragmatic Igbos felt proud of him when he mounted the podium at the APC convention to add an Igbo voice to what has become A NATIONAL CRY FOR CHANGE! you cannot as a result of unfounded bigotry hold the whole nation back! It is not a good reason to do so! Reminds me of the biblical "fake mother " who asked Solomon that the baby which was not hers be divided! ! This is what you guys did in 2011 and are doing now ! You will sacrifice Nigeria on the platter of bigotry and hatred if even it destroys you? How can you hate another , more than you love yourself ? I say rethink your motivations, I would respect whoever you choose to support as long as it is bc of his competence or lack of it , but to hate a pleural entity "Hausa-fulani muslim north? Is silly and won't get you anywhere!

-CramJones

The way Afonja thought he was smart

The plan of Nigeria internal colonialists (Hausa Fulani Yoruba )

See their plan below

Hausa-Fulani presidency = 2015-2023

Yoruba presidency = 2023-2031

GEJ till 2019

5 Likes

Re: The Undoing Of Igbos In Nigerian Politics by Unemadu: 11:21pm On Dec 16, 2014
Please stop trying to armtwist igbos into voting against their will.

We have voted almost every tribe that contested including hausa fulani and yoruba

If they decide to vote a ijaw man this time whats the big deal?

If south east vote is irrelevant becos of low population then whats the fuss?

The sun will surely rise!

5 Likes

Re: The Undoing Of Igbos In Nigerian Politics by Nobody: 12:23am On Dec 17, 2014
I like this old troll cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: The Undoing Of Igbos In Nigerian Politics by Nobody: 12:40am On Dec 17, 2014
Here we go again sad the old man is at it again.

Continue deceiving yourself.,the igbos has taken control of the economy and you're here fighting over figure heads (national cake). Isn't that what Nigerian politics is all about?

We don't have politicians in Nigeria,we have thieves,tribalists,racists,embezzlers,crooks, e.t.c..

You want the Igbos to be part of that madness?...
I reject that!

Moreover we have Igbo progressive,so I don't know what you're driving at..

2 Likes

Re: The Undoing Of Igbos In Nigerian Politics by Ojiofor: 12:51am On Dec 17, 2014
In yoruba land there are 4 apc states and 2 two pdp states and in SouthEast there are 3 pdp states,1 apga and 1 apc state.so mr jones what are you talking about or is it until every igbo man change his name to adamu to please the North?
Abeg make una free us cos we have seen it all since 1960.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Undoing Of Igbos In Nigerian Politics by oduastates: 2:24am On Dec 17, 2014
Cram Jones.
People are free to vote the way they like.?it is their freaking right
But at the same time, people are also free to determine the privileges they afford others on their territory.
We are getting there gradually.
Jonathan until he completely wrecks the country abi.
We could as well have left abacha in power.
However, we, the citizens of odua state are definitely not going to drown with Nigeria.
Our territories are clearly marked.on one side we have our brothers in Benin Republic, on the other we have our cousins in Benin Kingdom.with the sea facing us in the front and touching our itshekiri brothers' territory .
No doubt something is got to give.
I hope everyone one knows the road to his father's house.
If this is anybody's choice and he is developing your your Nigeria like you say ,You can go and enjoy your Jonathan in your Nigeria . Land I meant.
No be by force.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Undoing Of Igbos In Nigerian Politics by aresa: 2:43am On Dec 17, 2014
Even a day old baby sabi the political and point of no return shalanga they are and even if I might add, they know too, but in their world, bitterness, enmity, tribalism and pointless and misguided acts of revenge supersede common sense and sanity.

To make matters worse, they don't have any sensible adult or leader credible and thoughtful enough to lead and rescue them from the wilderness..

2 Likes

Re: The Undoing Of Igbos In Nigerian Politics by Nobody: 3:14am On Dec 17, 2014
Falling crude oil price has already undone the lazy northerners and crafty yorubas.s

1 Like

Re: The Undoing Of Igbos In Nigerian Politics by Sibrah: 4:19am On Dec 17, 2014
CramJones will be hit by imported comments from . . . Very soon.
Re: The Undoing Of Igbos In Nigerian Politics by Osakah24(m): 5:38am On Dec 17, 2014
Except you are just showing how much you yourself hate igbos then your post is senseless. Igbos will only vote who they know and have seen,when yaradua was campaigning he visited most south east states and they voted him,please how many south east state have gmb campaigned in or are they going to vote him because of tv adverts alone? The political structure of nigerian politics have almost every tribe in the major parties but that alone dont win you votes,the general needs to work on his campaign formula because you cant be nigerias president if you dont get @ least 25 % of the votes from every geo-zone,So if they like let them win north and west they still need 25 % from SS & SE, else the election wont stand,check our constitution for guidance.

1 Like

Re: The Undoing Of Igbos In Nigerian Politics by Omotaday(m): 11:19pm On Dec 17, 2014
Nobleval:
Here we go again sad the old man is at it again.

Continue deceiving yourself.,the igbos has taken control of the economy and you're here fighting over figure heads (national cake). Isn't that what Nigerian politics is all about?

We don't have politicians in Nigeria,we have thieves,tribalists,racists,embezzlers,crooks, e.t.c..

You want the Igbos to be part of that madness?...
I reject that!

Moreover we have Igbo progressive,so I don't know what you're driving at..
Which economy have you taken control? lol.. list the top 10 richest people and entrepreneur in Nigeria, you will never find an Igbo man let alone woman in top 10, rather the Hausa and the yoruba. And the last time GEJ came to Osun, do you know what he said? he said Lagos and Ogun alone control 55% of Nigeria economy. If we are talking of real business in Nigeria,we are not talking of selling okada and bicycle spare parts. pls dont say that again, jor o

(1) (Reply)

Sack Jega Now, Gani Adams Tells Jonathan / Shoki Master, Lil Kesh Buy Him Self New Ride (photos) / The Election Is Being Massively Rigged In Orlu. Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.