Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,958 members, 7,806,771 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:18 PM

Nairaland: To Whom It May Concern. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairaland: To Whom It May Concern. (703 Views)

Should You Add Nairaland to Your Resume? / Nairaland To The Dogs! Who Made The Bigot A Moderator? / Moving Nairaland To The Next Level (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland: To Whom It May Concern. by haconjy(m): 10:25pm On Dec 16, 2014
I appreciate the works of Mr Seun and others that brought this site to Nigeria and to prove that the youths of this country has so many things to offer if only they can decide.
I have observed some negative things in this site that i think may be contributing negatively to the nairalandian. Nairaland is not use to be the way it use to be before due to these my observations:
Some topics that are on FP now are not worth while and i think the FP will depict what is inside the forum. I wonder while nairaland has change to entertainland or musicland cause i notice 70% of topics in the FP are base on entertainments and pictures of musicians. I did not say they are not good but to tell you the facts, its too much.
There are some topics that will surely contributes positively to the nigerian than all this useless topics. After going through some Un-FP topics last time, there are so many of it but none is in FP cause i thing some officers in charge loves entertainments than educating topics.
Last time i posted a thread seeking an advise but i discover that the topics remains there while some useless music and picture topics were on FP.
I think this will have second volume cause my battery and time but pls Mr Seun and his officers changes this procedure of FP requirements because its sending so many away from NAIRALAND.
Haconjy
Volume 2 Comes soon
Re: Nairaland: To Whom It May Concern. by holatin(m): 10:35pm On Dec 16, 2014
Volume 2 kee
Re: Nairaland: To Whom It May Concern. by echobee(f): 10:53pm On Dec 16, 2014
Haba! shocked shocked shocked. Volume 2 again?
Re: Nairaland: To Whom It May Concern. by haconjy(m): 11:02pm On Dec 16, 2014
Yes, volume 2. Am only saying this cause i know so many people have witness this too but they cant talk. We are not here to read alone but also to get some advise, work and enjoy ourselves but still one must not dominate the other, am only saying this so that Nairaland will be better not only go the Nigeria but also go the World. We need CHANGE
Re: Nairaland: To Whom It May Concern. by Celebrimbor(m): 11:18pm On Dec 16, 2014
I am personally tired of the "10 types of ....." Threads on FP
Re: Nairaland: To Whom It May Concern. by haconjy(m): 11:58pm On Dec 16, 2014
Celebrimbor:
I am personally tired of the "10 types of ....." Threads on FP
i love that, say or type it and let others see
Re: Nairaland: To Whom It May Concern. by haconjy(m): 12:00am On Dec 17, 2014
its for the progress of nairaland and Nigeria cause am tired seeing one or a lady getting all your fans to her side
Re: Nairaland: To Whom It May Concern. by haconjy(m): 12:02am On Dec 17, 2014
There are some things that needs to be Change in NAIRALAND.
Re: Nairaland: To Whom It May Concern. by haconjy(m): 12:13am On Dec 17, 2014
I will love to add this. Mr. Seun, you may thought the numbers of new member are increasing but when observed very well, you will know that its not cause the number should be increase in geometrical rate but mind you, is in arithemetical rate. Mr. Seun think and #bringbackNL
Bring back Nairaland

#bringbackNL
#bringbackNL
#bringbackNL
#bringbackNL
#bringbackNL
#bringbackNL
#bringbackNL
#bringbackNL
#bringbackNL
#bringbackNL
#bringbackNL
#bringbackNL
#bringbackNL

Pls do not see it as a RUDE but A CORRECTING METHOD
Re: Nairaland: To Whom It May Concern. by Nobody: 3:04am On Dec 17, 2014
OP, there are think-tanks you can use to analyze influx of people to a website.
I sadly do not know any and hope people who do list them but from what I remember another poster point out, statistics on this site got better since the quick updates thing started.
I personally am enjoying this new change and wish Seun well for it. We have and acknowledge our differences but I can beat my chest to say he's losing no regular visitor to other sites apart from maybe trolls who're hellbent on mischief to begin with followed by ever-money hungry people flocking to commercial blogs for christmas giveaways.

If the topics on frontpage do not interest you the solution is simple - click the "trending", "recent" or "new" tab and handpick topics you want to see.

And also:
"mail all enquiries and complaints to the mods and/or administrator".
Crossing my fingers your thread does not get locked but thats protocol cheesy.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland: To Whom It May Concern. by haconjy(m): 6:28am On Dec 17, 2014
charix:
OP, there are think-tanks you can use to analyze influx of people to a website.
I sadly do not know any and hope people who do list them but from what I remember another poster point out, statistics on this site got better since the quick updates thing started.
I personally am enjoying this new change and wish Seun well for it. We have and acknowldge our differences also I can beat my chest to say he's losing no regular visitor to any other site apart from maybe trolls who're hellbent on mischief to begin with followed by ever-money hungry people flocking to commercial blogs for christmas giveaways.

If the topics on frontpage do not interest you the solution is simple - click the "trending", "recent" or "new" tab and handpick topics you want to see.

And also:
"mail all enquiries and complaints to the mods and/or administrator".
Crossing my fingers your thread does not get locked but thats protocol cheesy.
i believe a marketer will not answer it the way you answered it, but well thank you but still i tell you, nairaland is here for us, nairalander not for not for his pocket, and to tell you the fact, there are still more to change or add. Volume 2 will depict that
Re: Nairaland: To Whom It May Concern. by Nobody: 6:48am On Dec 17, 2014
haconjy:

Why does everyone use the "marketers don't like change" excuse? Aren't their ads static and displayed only in the ads section
Don't forget, the more activity on the site the more marketers enjoy continuous exposure.
Re: Nairaland: To Whom It May Concern. by haconjy(m): 7:11am On Dec 17, 2014
charix:

Why does everyone use the "marketers don't like change" excuse? Aren't their ads static and displayed only in the ads section
Don't forget, the more activity on the site the more marketers enjoy continuous exposure.
i see

(1) (Reply)

Why We Celebrate? / Must Read:Great Quotes That Can Help Us Get Through Hard Times.in 2015 / Nairaland Is Now 1.3millions Members - Share Your Experience about NL here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.