Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,552 members, 7,809,021 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:10 PM

Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) - Computers (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) (48610 Views)

Am Here To Help You Solve Your Systems Problems (hardware And Software) / Inquiry: Job Prospects For Computer Systems & Networks Major / How To Networking Three Computer Systems (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by gememerald(m): 6:53pm On Apr 08, 2015
epaulo:
I am getting a little bit worried about my
laptop. It is taking a very long time to shut
down(the screen offs but the power light nd fan are still on). I didn't install anything new and the
longest i've waited for the laptop to shut
down is 30 minutes before I long press the power button for 6sec.

Type "msconfig" after clicking start button and press enter.

Go to startup tab and disable programs you don't need to automatically startup.

Also go to "services" tab and uncheck those services you don't want running automatically except you initiate them.
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by gememerald(m): 6:55pm On Apr 08, 2015
44:
@ op, pls l tried opening a word document from a flash, and it turned all my files and folders showing word format, pls wat kinda virus z dat n hw cn l remove it?

Scan with a very good antivirus.

To remove it manually you'll need some knowledge of Linux operating system
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by gememerald(m): 6:58pm On Apr 08, 2015
xtremeidea:
Pease help...am out of ideas.

My Macbook pro mid 2010 hard disk went bad.
I removed my wd external disk and put it into my macbook.
I put in the restore/install dvd but it got stuck at apple logo, i created a bootable maverick usb pen drive to boot from usb but it gets stuck at the "prohibited sign". i have been on this for weeks! please help me! what do i do?

How do i successfully install a new mavericks on a new drive? Someone please help!

Thanks!

Follow the steps here:
http://www.macpaw.com/how-to/clean-install-os-x-mavericks-on-my-mac
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by gememerald(m): 7:01pm On Apr 08, 2015
GoodBoi1:
Pls I need help. I recently bought a battery for a dell vostro 1500. After using for a while it begins to run only on AC power, battery indicator flashes red(four times) then blue(once). The bios indicates the battery is normal and also windows 7 displays "plugged in, charging" when the adaptor is plugged. If unplugged the laptop switches off immediately. Pls has any one encountered and solved this problem?

The battery can't hold charge.

Change the battery
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by gememerald(m): 7:02pm On Apr 08, 2015
skimarvel:
Hello....liquid(water) spilled on my hp 250 screen...then water appeared on almost all parts of the screen I tried drying it in the sun...then switch ing it on it started blinking..pls what do I do.was

Leave it for sometime and let it dry for like 24hours then try it again, let me have feedback
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by gememerald(m): 7:05pm On Apr 08, 2015
Nazacent:
Help! Help! It's a hp pavillion Dv6. The screen shows a set of stripes, vertically and a green blur background and I had to press the on button twice before it butts, but other things functions well. Please what do I do?

Have you tried connecting to an external monitor or screen and see if it still behaves the same way? Try that and let me have your feedback
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by gememerald(m): 7:07pm On Apr 08, 2015
Nazacent:
One more thing. Since when I started using this #1500 charger for my Laptop I noticed my battery never last long anymore.

So what is the laptop problem now?
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by gememerald(m): 7:09pm On Apr 08, 2015
tekel:
please i bought a hp laptop from jumia but i was surprised 2 see my so called new laptop 2 b secured with a password. av been making complains 4 over 2weeks now but no positive response.. please i need somebody 2 help me on how 2 format it so i can start managing it since it has been lying stagnant in its carton 4 so long. my whastapp.. 07064717101

Ok, I got your number.
Check your whatsapp messages
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by Nobody: 7:42pm On Apr 08, 2015
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by Nazacent: 3:15pm On Apr 09, 2015
gememerald:

So what is the laptop problem now?
My laptop has turned to desktop. The battery is now useless
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by skimarvel: 11:36pm On Apr 09, 2015
gememerald:

Leave it for sometime and let it dry for like 24hours then try it again, let me have feedback
no results still as same
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by epaulo: 2:22pm On Apr 10, 2015
gememerald:

Type "msconfig" after clicking start button and press enter.

Go to startup tab and disable programs you don't need to automatically startup.

Also go to "services" tab and uncheck those services you don't want running automatically except you initiate them.
thanks alot sir it worked but sir how can install synaptic trackpad driver to my system (i just update to windows 8 from wins 7)
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by Nazacent: 3:05pm On Apr 10, 2015
gememerald:

Have you tried connecting to an external monitor or screen and see if it still behaves the same way? Try that and let me have your feedback
yeah same thing appears!
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by ganex: 3:21pm On Apr 11, 2015
Please recommend the best window manager for me.
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by Deprime007: 6:03am On Apr 12, 2015
Nice one
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by Nobody: 2:05pm On Apr 12, 2015
Help Pls, i tried charging my
laptop (dell inspiron n5040)
last nite i noticed d green lite
on d adaptor goes off
immediately i plug it to d
laptop, what cld be wrong pls? i even removed ba3 and plugged d charger, d same problem stil persist

1 Like

Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by seedbaba(m): 2:26pm On Apr 12, 2015
I bought this Acer laptop may last year and it was brand new. last week I was watching a film on it and it just went off even when there is still charge in it. I took it to an engineer as it doesn't switch on after that , the engineer said its panel problem and it can't be rectify anymore sad please is there anybody who can help me, I'm in Abuja.
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by graciella(f): 5:16pm On Apr 12, 2015
I had a hp laptop which I lef for nysc camp and came back to house after one year. Then I plugged the system it was charging but the power button didn't power. Is it normal?
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by Princezoi(m): 8:25pm On Apr 12, 2015
Pls, my Dell precision M2300 just showed me a blank black screen, and the fan is not working again. Anybody who can help?
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by gememerald(m): 5:05pm On Apr 20, 2015
toogreat:

Why is it dangerous to tamper with the batteries?

Explosion and poisoning. Its just not right!
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by gememerald(m): 5:06pm On Apr 20, 2015
epaulo:
thanks alot sir it worked but sir how can install synaptic trackpad driver to my system (i just update to windows 8 from wins 7)

Download touchpad driver from your laptop's brand official website
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by gememerald(m): 5:08pm On Apr 20, 2015
Nazacent:
yeah same thing appears!

Check the display cable from board to the screen remove and clean the port

Also, try cmos resetting the board. There is a small battery "lithium ion" on the board remove it for 5 minutes and put it back.

Give me feedback
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by gememerald(m): 5:10pm On Apr 20, 2015
ganex:
Please recommend the best window manager for me.

Windows manager? What do you mean

Anyway the best utility software for me is "revo uninstaller" it has some other tools inside
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by gememerald(m): 5:12pm On Apr 20, 2015
bjhaid:
Help Pls, i tried charging my
laptop (dell inspiron n5040)
last nite i noticed d green lite
on d adaptor goes off
immediately i plug it to d
laptop, what cld be wrong pls? i even removed ba3 and plugged d charger, d same problem stil persist

If you can open the system, do it and clean the power jack ports with its connecting legs to the board.

FEEDBACK!!
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by gememerald(m): 5:16pm On Apr 20, 2015
graciella:
I had a hp laptop which I lef for nysc camp and came back to house after one year. Then I plugged the system it was charging but the power button didn't power. Is it normal?

First when you are travelling or going somewhere and you're leaving the laptop behind, its best to remove the batter and keep it seperate.

It could be different things, maybe the power connector is disconnected or dirt is stucked in between the power connector.

Try and dust the motherboard with soft paint brush. Then couple back the system and see if it works.

FEEDBACK!!!
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by phabuloz(m): 8:17pm On Apr 20, 2015
Bro I'm using sony viao I can't install apps like games in my laptop they say that it's video controller that's the vault I tried to install it but it didn't install what should I do?
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by gememerald(m): 9:27pm On Apr 20, 2015
phabuloz:
Bro I'm using sony viao I can't install apps like games in my laptop they say that it's video controller that's the vault I tried to install it but it didn't install what should I do?

What's your ram size?
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by phabuloz(m): 10:21pm On Apr 20, 2015
gememerald:

What's your ram size?
4gig
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by Nazacent: 8:40pm On Apr 21, 2015
gememerald:

Check the display cable from board to the screen remove and clean the port

Also, try cmos resetting the board. There is a small battery "lithium ion" on the board remove it for 5 minutes and put it back.

Give me feedback
it ws d cable (flex) dat shifted its workin fyn nw. Tanx for ur help
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by rawe45: 11:09pm On Apr 21, 2015
Hello, what are the prices for a 320gb had for dell and 500gb hdd for dell laptop also. Save a bro from getting extorted.
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by jboixxx: 6:18pm On Apr 25, 2015
Hello gememerald, my sister's HP620 refuses to charge! Once its plugged, it indicates that "Plugged in, not charging" and when I got a new charged battery from another HP620 installed, it gives a prompt of "consider replacing battery"!!! Changed adapters but still no change. When the system is OFF and disconnected from the power adapter, the jack indicator keeps flashing in orange. Kindly advice.
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by gememerald(m): 4:06am On Apr 27, 2015
phabuloz:
4gig
Dedicated vram?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply)

Smart Watch That Couldn't Be Repaired In Toronto Gets Fixed In Computer Village / BEST MODEM In Nigeria:the Guides To "Which Modem Is The Best To Use In Nigeria?" / Is The ASUS Zenbook Pro Duo Laptop With 2 Screens Worth ₦1.4 Million?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.