Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,149 members, 7,807,493 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:11 PM

Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) - Computers (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) (48582 Views)

Am Here To Help You Solve Your Systems Problems (hardware And Software) / Inquiry: Job Prospects For Computer Systems & Networks Major / How To Networking Three Computer Systems (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by Greatihex(m): 6:58pm On Jan 27, 2015
gememerald:

Get a windows 7 cd, and boot from cd, when you get to the stage of selecting partition just select the partition don't delete any partition and continue with the remaining processes.
it does nt have a dvd rom.
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by gememerald(m): 7:34pm On Jan 27, 2015
Olamide1997:
My Dell latitude E6410 with 4gb ram,intel core i5 but with 70gb harddisk just crashed immediately and refused to power on since then. Before it went off,it had always been lagging for the duration of 9months which I used it. When I check other dell latitude,they had 500gb hard disk. I don't knw if my Dad had changed it or not coz he was already using it b4 I was given. Since then, it has not powered on or bring any sign of life. Pls,what is wrong with it? How much will the repair cost? How much will 500gb or 750gb hard disk cost me, 2gb vram video card(or a very great graphics card for very power games and graphics design), 6gb ram upgrade and a battery replacement(Cos the ba3 aint good any longer)

Instead of doing these upgrades just change the hdd to 500gb and sell off the system and buy another with the specs you want.
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by Vicorolex1(m): 9:00am On Jan 28, 2015
gememerald:

get a universal driver cd it may work.
thankd . will do dat
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by gememerald(m): 11:17am On Jan 28, 2015
Greatihex:
it does nt have a dvd rom.

Search online there is a way of writing windows 7 os to flash drive

So the flash drive is what you use as the bootable device to upgrade the system.
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by zionism43696: 3:47pm On Jan 28, 2015
my system is HP probook, i am trying to backup my file in E-drive but is working. before I normally back my files there bt not until I borrow some1 my system it stop backing up there.if I click on back up file,it will display back up & restore in control panel, if I click it, nothing will b happening unlike b4 wen I click it, it will ask me to select drive 2 back it up. pls some Hlp mi on this.tank u
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by gememerald(m): 4:10pm On Jan 28, 2015
zionism43696:
my system is HP probook, i am trying to backup my file in E-drive but is working. before I normally back my files there bt not until I borrow some1 my system it stop backing up there.if I click on back up file,it will display back up & restore in control panel, if I click it, nothing will b happening unlike b4 wen I click it, it will ask me to select drive 2 back it up. pls some Hlp mi on this.tank u

Check to make sure the system recognizes the ext hdd

Have you tried restarting the system?
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by zionism43696: 8:17pm On Jan 28, 2015
gememerald:

Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by zionism43696: 8:18pm On Jan 28, 2015
gememerald:

I have done that but still nt backing up
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by zionism43696: 8:48pm On Jan 28, 2015
gememerald:

Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by zionism43696: 9:32pm On Jan 29, 2015
zionism43696:
i have done it bt still is nt backing up
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by gememerald(m): 11:05pm On Jan 29, 2015
zionism43696:
i have done it bt still is nt backing up

Does the system even recognize the ext hdd at all?
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by zionism43696: 9:18am On Jan 30, 2015
gememerald:

Does the system even recognize the ext hdd at all?
yes of course
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jan 30, 2015
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by Eness(m): 8:25pm On Feb 01, 2015
computer engineers in d house
pls my laptop stop displacing dis afternoon, anytime I on it d screen just go blank
pls wat's d problem?
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by emblexxx(m): 4:36am On Feb 02, 2015
O. P
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by siralos135: 12:32pm On Feb 02, 2015
My laptop has refused to start up.I recently changed the disk when it told me it was going to crash due to hard disk.After about two weeks,It stopped starting up.
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by arives(m): 3:27pm On Feb 03, 2015
is dis thread still active?
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by Dayo4real12: 6:43pm On Feb 04, 2015
Pls I Need Good Antivirus,pls Help Mhe Upload D Software With Crack Code.Pls
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by roselynbas(f): 1:09am On Feb 05, 2015
siralos135:
My laptop has refused to start up.I recently changed the disk when it told me it was going to crash due to hard disk.After about two weeks,It stopped starting up.

does it come on at all? if yes, extend the screen to a monitor by plugging a VGA cable to the VGA port and the monitor to confirm that it is not your screen.

If it does not come on, check if the RAM is properly inserted and start the system again, if an AMD system, please heat the VGA card, probably last for 2 to 6 months before packing up.please, this is the worse case scenerio!
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by gememerald(m): 10:07am On Feb 05, 2015
zionism43696:

Try using another ext hdd on it and give me feedback.
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by gememerald(m): 10:15am On Feb 05, 2015
youngmoneypi:
pls help.....while i was installing windows 7 on my acer aspire 5733z-4505 it got to d ending point and d system went off and it boot and show me an error occured it won't start to windows anymore

check your HDD connection and also check to make sure the CD is OK.

Retry the installation process again.
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by gememerald(m): 11:11am On Feb 05, 2015
Eness:
computer engineers in d house
pls my laptop stop displacing dis afternoon, anytime I on it d screen just go blank
pls wat's d problem?

1. it could be accumulation of dust in the internals, try dusting the internals of the system after taking the system apart.
2. it could be ram, test another ram with it
3. it could be processor, you'll have to change it
4. it could be screen...I hope its not
5. it could be VGA onboard this you'll have to change motherboard
6. just try all these processes sequentially
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by roselynbas(f): 5:09pm On Feb 06, 2015
Bet2020:
Hello Engineer, I have a HpG60 laptop that z working well, but d issue I have with it z that it get hot easily making it to stop charging d battery even, when it is plugged on power. How can I resolve d issue?

Is it an AMD processor, precisely AMD Sempron?

if yes, you may have to bridge the FAN to continue working non stop in order to reduce the temperature of the processor. The heat sinc is obviously not cooling the processor via the fan because the fan is not working enough.

kindly get in contact with a technician that can perform the bridge on the mother board. My suggestion really!
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by Dekatron(m): 9:49pm On Feb 14, 2015
Hello,i have a TOSHIBA TECRA M9 NOTEBOOK(old hun,?). I want to fix the screen(my bro stepped on it). Bear it in mind that i am a student. How much can i do it(have 7k budget). Its urgent. Thanks

Cc: gememerald,roselynbas
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by gememerald(m): 11:30pm On Feb 14, 2015
Dekatron:
Hello,i have a TOSHIBA TECRA M9 NOTEBOOK(old hun,?). I want to fix the screen(my bro stepped on it). Bear it in mind that i am a student. How much can i do it(have 7k budget). Its urgent. Thanks

Cc: gememerald,roselynbas

You can contact me for that
But you'll have to increase your budget.
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by Dekatron(m): 7:25am On Feb 15, 2015
gememerald:

You can contact me for that
But you'll have to increase your budget.
give me your whatsapp ID
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by gememerald(m): 1:23pm On Feb 15, 2015
Dekatron:
give me your whatsapp ID

Sorry give me yours.
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by Dekatron(m): 1:47pm On Feb 15, 2015
gememerald:

Sorry give me yours.
09038586282. . . Will be waiting. Thanks
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by gememerald(m): 3:23pm On Feb 15, 2015
Dekatron:
09038586282. . . Will be waiting. Thanks

I've got it you can remove it.
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by bemagnify: 9:53pm On Feb 17, 2015
i tried to connect external monitor via vga with my hp 655 bt its not workin pls help me
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by gememerald(m): 6:33am On Feb 18, 2015
bemagnify:
i tried to connect external monitor via vga with my hp 655 bt its not workin pls help me

What is the problem its giving specifically
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by bemagnify: 10:03am On Feb 18, 2015
gememerald:

What is the problem its giving specifically
the external monitor remain blank.....no signal

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Smart Watch That Couldn't Be Repaired In Toronto Gets Fixed In Computer Village / BEST MODEM In Nigeria:the Guides To "Which Modem Is The Best To Use In Nigeria?" / Is The ASUS Zenbook Pro Duo Laptop With 2 Screens Worth ₦1.4 Million?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.