Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,242 members, 7,807,820 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:53 PM

Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) - Computers (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) (48589 Views)

Am Here To Help You Solve Your Systems Problems (hardware And Software) / Inquiry: Job Prospects For Computer Systems & Networks Major / How To Networking Three Computer Systems (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by epaulo: 4:24pm On Mar 01, 2015
Pls how do I upgrade my hp laptop from
windows 7 professional to windows 8 without
backing up my files( does dis upgrade have
effect on system)
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by gememerald(m): 10:06pm On Mar 01, 2015
epaulo:
Pls how do I upgrade my hp laptop from
windows 7 professional to windows 8 without
backing up my files( does dis upgrade have
effect on system)

You'll need a windows 8 bootable cd

1.Insert it in the cd drive and restart the system.
2. Boot the system from cd, try f2,f10 or f8 or f11
3.Follow the installation prompts
4. On getting to where you'll be asked to choose partition: just select the partition your windows 7 is currently installed and install the windows 8
5. Follow the installation prompts to end
6. The former windows files would be moved to a windows.old folder in your drive c, from there you can copy back your files to the newly installed windows 8

FEED ME BACK
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by good188(m): 2:50am On Mar 03, 2015
gememerald:

Your display panel is having fault probably the onboard graphics chipset or card.

Try connecting the system to a projector through vga or to an hd device through hdmi, if it displays in the same like the laptop then your onboard graphics card is bad.

You'll probably have to change your motherboard.
please how much is motherboard is going to cost me sir
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by gememerald(m): 5:29pm On Mar 04, 2015
good188:
please how much is motherboard is going to cost me sir

What's the model of your system.
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by good188(m): 5:33pm On Mar 04, 2015
gememerald:

What's the model of your system.
hp pavilion G series i3
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by gememerald(m): 5:35pm On Mar 04, 2015
good188:
hp pavilion G series i3

10k - 20k depends
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by medoyin(m): 10:34pm On Mar 04, 2015
How much can I get 500g hard drive for my dell laptop and any trusted seller on NL? ? Kindly recommend. Tnx
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by ommo(m): 4:51pm On Mar 05, 2015
My laptop displays "Net Command" after booting and it gives me option of (YES or NO ) to select. How do i stop it because it was not doing this until sometime last year.
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by Babysho(m): 8:21pm On Mar 05, 2015
gememerald:

Do you have a windows 8 bootable cd? That's what you should use, not vista cd

Drop your no. I'll add you and guide you on how to install os that came with it.

uhnnn....i dont av one...i already downgraded it to windows 7 ultimate...and i installed a 80gb hard disk 2 it(for the main time,will buy 320gb latr)...but my vram is showin jus 16mb instead of the 512mb...pls i need help tanx...
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by epaulo: 10:49pm On Mar 05, 2015
gememerald:

You'll need a windows 8 bootable cd

1.Insert it in the cd drive and restart the system.
2. Boot the system from cd, try f2,f10 or f8 or f11
3.Follow the installation prompts
4. On getting to where you'll be asked to choose partition: just select the partition your windows 7 is currently installed and install the windows 8
5. Follow the installation prompts to end
6. The former windows files would be moved to a windows.old folder in your drive c, from there you can copy back your files to the newly installed windows 8

FEED ME BACK
While upgrading from windows 7 to 8 I got stuck on checking compatibility
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by gememerald(m): 11:38pm On Mar 05, 2015
medoyin:
How much can I get 500g hard drive for my dell laptop and any trusted seller on NL? ? Kindly recommend. Tnx

I can help you get one. Contact me.
is it internal or external hdd?
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by gememerald(m): 11:42pm On Mar 05, 2015
ommo:
My laptop displays "Net Command" after booting and it gives me option of (YES or NO ) to select. How do i stop it because it was not doing this until sometime last year.

I don't understand, you mean the command window comes up? after logon?

if its so
1. Press "win key" + "r"
2. type "msconfig"
3. Press "enter"
4. Navigate to "startup" tab
5. Look for command window and uncheck it

GIVE ME FEEDBACK
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by gememerald(m): 11:45pm On Mar 05, 2015
Babysho:

uhnnn....i dont av one...i already downgraded it to windows 7 ultimate...and i installed a 80gb hard disk 2 it(for the main time,will buy 320gb latr)...but my vram is showin jus 16mb instead of the 512mb...pls i need help tanx...

That occured because of the downgrading you did.

Make sure what you downgraded to has the same processor architecture requirement as the one of the os that came with the laptop.

If its 64 bit os that came with the laptop, make sure is 64 bit os you always install and the same thing for 32bit os.
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by gememerald(m): 11:47pm On Mar 05, 2015
epaulo:
While upgrading from windows 7 to 8 I got stuck on checking compatibility

For how long??

Please try and wait patiently for it.

did you follow the steps i gave you?

When you got to the partition section what did you do?
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by gememerald(m): 2:24am On Mar 06, 2015
Hello people....Sorry I've not been attending to your problems promptly.

Please bear with me.

I've got a blog running, you can now contact me there for prompt service; www.enatech..com

#Fix_It_Yourself. #FIY
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by epaulo: 6:41am On Mar 06, 2015
gememerald:

For how long??

Please try and wait patiently for it.

did you follow the steps i gave you?

When you got to the partition section what did you do?
I could not get the boot cd so I am installing it directly from my system (someone copied the file to my system through flash drive)
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by ommo(m): 8:07am On Mar 06, 2015
gememerald:

I don't understand, you mean the command window comes up? after logon?

if its so
1. Press "win key" + "r"
2. type "msconfig"
3. Press "enter"
4. Navigate to "startup" tab
5. Look for command window and uncheck it

GIVE ME FEEDBACK

I tried the above and on getting to "startup" tab, the was no command window.

What i mean by my earlier post was that, anytime my PC boot to windows, the windows goes dim after sometime and displays this messege "Net command" whiles giving me the option to select YES or NO. On selection of yes, the windows becomes bright again and i can use my system.
It is like Microsoft windows is asking me permission to run "Net Command" on my computer. This wasn't the case before last year.

My of late also slows down and heat up easily.

Thanks for your responses
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by Babysho(m): 11:20am On Mar 06, 2015
gememerald:

That occured because of the downgrading you did.

Make sure what you downgraded to has the same processor architecture requirement as the one of the os that came with the laptop.

If its 64 bit os that came with the laptop, make sure is 64 bit os you always install and the same thing for 32bit os.

so what do i do now?
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by gememerald(m): 11:30pm On Mar 06, 2015
Babysho:

so what do i do now?

Just follow what i recommended

you'll probably have to reinstall the right windows architecture
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by gememerald(m): 11:32pm On Mar 06, 2015
epaulo:
I could not get the boot cd so I am installing it directly from my system (someone copied the file to my system through flash drive)

That's not the best.

find and download "windows usb tool"

use the tool to burn the windows 7 from your system into a flash drive

then use the flash drive as the bootable device.

FEED ME BACK
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by gememerald(m): 11:35pm On Mar 06, 2015
ommo:

I tried the above and on getting to "startup" tab, the was no command window.

What i mean by my earlier post was that, anytime my PC boot to windows, the windows goes dim after sometime and displays this messege "Net command" whiles giving me the option to select YES or NO. On selection of yes, the windows becomes bright again and i can use my system.
It is like Microsoft windows is asking me permission to run "Net Command" on my computer. This wasn't the case before last year.

My of late also slows down and heat up easily.

Thanks for your responses

Click on Start-Run, type: msconfig, then click on OK. When the System Configuration Tool loads, click on the "Startup" tab, then see if " c:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe" is listed there.. If so, UNCHECK the box next to it, click on "Apply", then restart the machine. Upon restart place a CHECK mark in the box to NOT run System Configuration Tool at startup..

Or you could simply open the registry editor and check for the listing at either the locations below. If so, delete the line indicating such:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

or

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

Hope this helps.

Grif
http://forums.cnet.com/7723-6122_102-524765/system32-cmd-exe-runs-on-startup/

Try the above!
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by Nobody: 10:57pm On Mar 07, 2015
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by SULBELL(m): 8:57am On Mar 08, 2015
Kudos OP, pls my system when turned on will show notification lights but the screen remains blank. I have try changing the ram but no changes.
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by jonath0012(m): 10:08am On Mar 08, 2015
please help! just changed the screen of my hp2000 yesterday after it got broken last week. just this morning i notice that the battery is not charging fully... it stops charging as soon as it reaches 97% or also, then it brings up 'plugged in, not charging'. i have tried another charger to ascertain the cause, but the same problem occurs. I have tried uninstalling the Microsoft ACPI and scan for hard wares changes, yet no change... Pls what do i do to rectify this prob?
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by gememerald(m): 5:26am On Mar 09, 2015
youngcee:
i have a dell latitude d630 laptop,which was first close with force by a friend of mine without shutting it down.
i try turning it on later,but it shows only system repairing for up to 4 hours,i try using safe mode to power on it
but it is still the same problem.then went to get another window disc
i try re installing a new os which is window 7 ultimate.it was successful,i install mozilla firefox it works very well,later decided to install
avast after re booting the system,but after installing the avast premier version i notice the 30 days trial is not showing
and it the services have not started i try starting them,but the service refuse to start,likewise the mozilla and internet explorer,then i decided to re boot my system
only for it to start showing that system repairing again.
i try installing window 7 professional,it was successful,but this time after successfully installing both mozilla and avast antivirus.when re booting the system
it shows will show the windows logo,then show blue screen of death,the error shows "Unmountable Boot Volume"
i try using safe mode to open it,but it keep showing the blue screen of death and restarting.
i install a new OS which is window 7 starter. i then try install mozilla,but it went keep on crashing,but internet explorer works perfectly ok
please what is the problem and the solution ?

Your motherboard might be failing

But before jumping into that conclusion
Test another ram
Test another hard disk
If possible test another processor

But its likely ram or hard disk issue.
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by gememerald(m): 5:28am On Mar 09, 2015
jonath0012:
please help! just changed the screen of my hp2000 yesterday after it got broken last week. just this morning i notice that the battery is not charging fully... it stops charging as soon as it reaches 97% or also, then it brings up 'plugged in, not charging'. i have tried another charger to ascertain the cause, but the same problem occurs. I have tried uninstalling the Microsoft ACPI and scan for hard wares changes, yet no change... Pls what do i do to rectify this prob?

Discharge it to 3 percent and recharge it,

FEED ME BACK
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by gememerald(m): 5:32am On Mar 09, 2015
SULBELL:
Kudos OP, pls my system when turned on will show notification lights but the screen remains blank. I have try changing the ram but no changes.

What is the make and model of the system?

Remove the processor and reapply the thermal paste on it spreading it over the processor top

Reset the bios (look for a small sized lithium ion battery, remove it for like 5 mins and then replace it)

Generally dust the system using a dry brush or blower

Are you sure the ram you tested it with is ok? If not try another ram and clean or dust the ram port.

FEED ME BACK
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by ewosk: 11:12pm On Mar 09, 2015
gememerald:

Your motherboard is probably failing.

While at that, try these steps
1. Test another RAM
2. Cleanup the internals of the system
3. Apply a new thermal paste to the contact between the heat sink and processor

Give me FEEDBACK.

Gave it to a technician:
And He did 1 above and d problem still persist, then did 2, but the issue now is that the system is heating up...auto shutdown twice while using it..

Gave d nigga d system n he said d system is ok cuz he use ms word without issues but i av to 'uninstall my pes n reinstall'' it that dat's d cause''' sounds crappy...how much is d thermal paste n will that stop d overheating because i cant use a system for word n wmp only...

BTW: How should i go about arresting the technician., cause my dxdiag shows 4096 of ram before i gave him..d last i checked wen i collected it twas showing 2048 of ram

thanks
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by GREATP1(m): 7:01am On Mar 10, 2015
My laptop TM 2 (tourchsmart 2) screen just go blank when I on it. Prior to that day, the tourch screen had been having issue of not responding to tourch. The screen still remain blank till now. Can you please suggest what to do and if eventually it is a screen problem, where can I get the screen and the idea of the price.

Thanks.
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by gememerald(m): 7:42pm On Mar 10, 2015
ewosk:

Gave it to a technician:
And He did 1 above and d problem still persist, then did 2, but the issue now is that the system is heating up...auto shutdown twice while using it..

Gave d nigga d system n he said d system is ok cuz he use ms word without issues but i av to 'uninstall my pes n reinstall'' it that dat's d cause''' sounds crappy...how much is d thermal paste n will that stop d overheating because i cant use a system for word n wmp only...

BTW: How should i go about arresting the technician., cause my dxdiag shows 4096 of ram before i gave him..d last i checked wen i collected it twas showing 2048 of ram

thanks

Did he change the os I mean did he install the os again or installed another one

If he did, make sure the one he installed is the same processor architecture (32bit or 64bit) that was there before.

FEED ME BACK
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by gememerald(m): 7:48pm On Mar 10, 2015
GREATP1:
My laptop TM 2 (tourchsmart 2) screen just go blank when I on it. Prior to that day, the tourch screen had been having issue of not responding to tourch. The screen still remain blank till now. Can you please suggest what to do and if eventually it is a screen problem, where can I get the screen and the idea of the price.

Thanks.

From your enquiry it is likely the touch flex and to change that I'll advise you visit ikeja and price it in shops (not from guys standing on the road) after getting a good deal head over to the building behind slot along medical road, there is a technician there. Negotiate with him to replace it.

But before doing the above try to open and clean up the system lcd assembly if you can, try another ram

Also pres "ctrl" + "alt" + "delete" repeatedly IMMEDIATELY after pressing the power button on the system.

1 Like

Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by SULBELL(m): 9:43am On Mar 11, 2015
gememerald:

What is the make and model of the system?

Remove the processor and reapply the thermal paste on it spreading it over the processor top

Reset the bios (look for a small sized lithium ion battery, remove it for like 5 mins and then replace it)

Generally dust the system using a dry brush or blower

Are you sure the ram you tested it with is ok? If not try another ram and clean or dust the ram port.

FEED ME BACK
thanks OP, its a HP 6735s. The ram i replaced it with was working perfectly, i had even tested its own ram on another system and it works fine. However, i think I will have to rip it open and do a general dusting though I'm not that comfortable fussing with the bios. Once i did d general cleaning and no improvement, then i may likely need the helping hand of an expert.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply)

Smart Watch That Couldn't Be Repaired In Toronto Gets Fixed In Computer Village / BEST MODEM In Nigeria:the Guides To "Which Modem Is The Best To Use In Nigeria?" / Is The ASUS Zenbook Pro Duo Laptop With 2 Screens Worth ₦1.4 Million?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.