Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,797 members, 7,806,203 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:02 PM

Nigerians Are Underutilizing Their Tablets - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Nigerians Are Underutilizing Their Tablets (17445 Views)

Nigerian Company Launch Nigerian Laptops And Tablets / Nigerians Are Being Cheated By Isps - Look At My Internet Speed Here In Malaysia / Only 14 Nigerians Are CCIE Certified (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Are Underutilizing Their Tablets by kennypoka2(m): 3:47pm On Dec 18, 2014
Very true....
Nigerians has being known to fancy big things without fully utilizing the stuff..
Re: Nigerians Are Underutilizing Their Tablets by mistabiola: 3:48pm On Dec 18, 2014
Yes and No cheesy grin
Re: Nigerians Are Underutilizing Their Tablets by ShakurM(m): 3:48pm On Dec 18, 2014
maylisa:
I love to play candy crush with my tab,cus that what I use it most for.
Weldone undecided
Re: Nigerians Are Underutilizing Their Tablets by Nobody: 3:48pm On Dec 18, 2014
God bless you
Mrval20:
This article would've been much better if you listed those things Nigerians could do with their tablets.
Not everyone is tech savvy like you na

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are Underutilizing Their Tablets by mosho2good: 3:48pm On Dec 18, 2014
all i no is dat tablets is a drug

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Underutilizing Their Tablets by jamace(m): 3:49pm On Dec 18, 2014
Kimoni:
Is there any device we don't underutilize as nigerians? For most of us, we only want to be seen carrying expensive gadgets around even if we don't know how to operate them. It's purely a status thing for us biko. Naija I hail thee!
You are right.
Check that most of those with the most expensive wristwatches arrive late for functions more than others. grin grin Na our way.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Underutilizing Their Tablets by shortgun(m): 3:51pm On Dec 18, 2014
I dey use my own play fifa 14, wot else should I use it for?
Re: Nigerians Are Underutilizing Their Tablets by kachnov(m): 3:54pm On Dec 18, 2014
Tablets in my opinion can't entirely replace the PC no doubt,this one time,I drafted a document with an app on my tab.,moved it to my PC,the layout was awful AF.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Underutilizing Their Tablets by Nobody: 3:54pm On Dec 18, 2014
oyb:
in the end a tablet is 90% an entertainment / media device. forget all the hype.

you could also use it as an extension to apps like evernote and todoist, and for minor editing of office documents.

but a tablet can never replace a laptop as far as work is concerned

blathering about how the tablet is 1billion times more powerful than the slide rules of the 50s and 60s will not change this

True, I think tablets are devices that just help you read emails, keep up with news, download documents while on the go.

It's hardly an excellent work tool. Some applications have tried to improve the functionality of tablets of recent, but it can never replace a laptop in the real sense.

How ever tablets were actually targeted at the less tech inclined folks, who would still like to keep abreast with information, and petty computing. It's value as a computing powerhouse will probably be more efficient as cloud computing gains more grounds, there and then can the tablet achieve it's full potential. Powerful - lightweight - battery life - entertainment - applications - computing.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Underutilizing Their Tablets by Olusanya333(m): 3:58pm On Dec 18, 2014
A
Re: Nigerians Are Underutilizing Their Tablets by lightheart(m): 3:58pm On Dec 18, 2014
maylisa:
I love to play candy crush with my tab,cus that what I use it most for.

After you go come send me candy crush invite...
make I kaasshh you first.
Re: Nigerians Are Underutilizing Their Tablets by GodMode: 4:00pm On Dec 18, 2014
oyb:
in the end a tablet is 90% an entertainment / media device. forget all the hype.

you could also use it as an extension to apps like evernote and todoist, and for minor editing of office documents.

blathering about how the tablet is 1billion times more powerful than the slide rules of the 50s and 60s will not change this

^^^ evidence of under-utilisation.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are Underutilizing Their Tablets by Aitee1: 4:05pm On Dec 18, 2014
WIZGUY69:
I agree with you op
as for me, i don't underutilize any smart phone.
they are some apps in my tablet that one won't believe can be in it .
Nigerian ladies just buy some expenses gadget without knowing the use.
cheesy

Chaiii...wetin we do una sef angry sad angry

Everything ladies but I have male friends with expensive gadgets that they can't operate undecided
Re: Nigerians Are Underutilizing Their Tablets by anselm791(m): 4:05pm On Dec 18, 2014
GodMode:

^^^ evidence of under-utilisation.

Tell us how to over utilize it na
Re: Nigerians Are Underutilizing Their Tablets by Spydamannn(m): 4:08pm On Dec 18, 2014
Expensive gadget is a thing of status in Nigeria...I have this friend,she's smart,uses an expensive phones,she only uses the phone to take pictures,make calls and that's that...I know many others like that...some no dey download sef
Re: Nigerians Are Underutilizing Their Tablets by GodMode: 4:08pm On Dec 18, 2014
anselm791:

Tell us how to over utilize it na

By over utilising it na
Re: Nigerians Are Underutilizing Their Tablets by martineverest(m): 4:15pm On Dec 18, 2014
@op.....its not only in nigeria,it happens in europe and america.....most ppl re returning to their laptops,simply becos tablets and smartphones re not productive but entertainment and consumer products.this is one of the reasons why ipad sales is falling year after year.most ppl will rather go for smartphones (phablet) dan tablet that performs similar functions....these reasons prompt microsoft to release surface pro 3 laplets(a tablet with laptop specs and runs full windows os) and its really selling fast.apple is also rumoured to launch ipad pro( with mac os rather than ios).....the future of smart devices belongs to windows and mac os rather than ios,android and window phone oses.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Are Underutilizing Their Tablets by WIZGUY69(m): 4:16pm On Dec 18, 2014
Aitee1:

Chaiii...wetin we do una sef angry sad angry

Everything ladies but I have male friends with expensive gadgets that they can't operate undecided
grin cheesy
Those your male friends are village niggur.
an average male makes use of a gadget than his female counterpart.
thank you.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are Underutilizing Their Tablets by PerfumeRepublik: 4:17pm On Dec 18, 2014
oyb:

kachnov:
Tablets in my opinion can't entirely replace the PC no doubt,this one time,I drafted a document with an app on my tab.,moved it to my PC,the layout was awful AF.

The Microsoft Surface will make u dump your laptop, I believe the steep price makes the adoption hard.
Re: Nigerians Are Underutilizing Their Tablets by eROCK247(m): 4:19pm On Dec 18, 2014
OK. What are ur readers supposed to learn from this writeup? Sell them?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are Underutilizing Their Tablets by mayorall(m): 4:24pm On Dec 18, 2014
Great android tablets here with photos and accessories like keyboard , stylus pen , OTG cable, ETC

www.nairaland.com/1804156/brand-new-ainol-bw1-ii
Re: Nigerians Are Underutilizing Their Tablets by mydeporch(f): 4:31pm On Dec 18, 2014
You are so right.Some people just want to show off say me too dey use expensive tin. God will deliver us o. Naija for Life.

Kimoni:
Is there any device we don't underutilize as nigerians? For most of us, we only want to be seen carrying expensive gadgets around even if we don't know how to operate them. It's purely a status thing for us biko. Naija I hail thee!
Re: Nigerians Are Underutilizing Their Tablets by martineverest(m): 4:31pm On Dec 18, 2014
U re the real tech savvy,not d op dat doesnt understand computing.......the future of smart devices is in windows and mac os..i just pity android and blackberry..........microsoft have completly convince ppl to get surface pro 3 and apple is about to launch ipad pro laplet like surface pro 3.as for the price,microsoft is planing to launch surface mini and surface phones.....windows 10 ll surely sweep android out
PerfumeRepublik:

The Microsoft Surface will make u dump your laptop, I believe the steep price makes the adoption hard.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are Underutilizing Their Tablets by frisby: 4:32pm On Dec 18, 2014
I'd recommend people just get a 5incher n a lightweight laptop.
I fail to see the essence of. Traditional tablets, especially in a country where internet is more expensive that gasoline.

Sometimes it's pretty hard to take people seriously who own 5inchers and still just lug around an 8-10" tablet WITHOUT internet because they think it's fashionable.

Aa tablet maay be ideal for those who do not fancy carrying about a 5" phone as a primary device but still want to enjoy ebooks,webpages and multimedia content on a comfortable screen.
Such people may be seen using a q5-note10 combo.
Re: Nigerians Are Underutilizing Their Tablets by Nobody: 4:36pm On Dec 18, 2014
PerfumeRepublik:

you really think a tiny keyboard and small screen can takeover from a laptop?

maybe if you're an exec - but if you have to serious work, that surface pro is not it.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are Underutilizing Their Tablets by rhames(m): 4:43pm On Dec 18, 2014
nenergy:
Tablets are the latest fad in the smart devices market in Nigeria. Nigerians are abandoning their 3.5 inch – 5.0inch devices for tablets. The tablet is meant to close the gap between mobile phones and computers.

Sadly Nigerians owned tablets are not closing any gap, if not widen it sef. How do i mean? Nigerians are Underutilizing their tablets. I am not beefing, but observation suggests that Nigerians use their tablets only for the following:

1. Taking pictures at functions (very embarrassing).
2. Playing Candy crush
3. And watching movies.

Aside from Pastors, lecturers and ICT professionals, most tablet users are just carrying their tablets (device that has 100,000,000 times the power of the computer that was used to land man on the moon) without unlocking its full potentials.
I lie?

other things they do with their tablets are:

4. Facebooking
5.Twittering( In a negative way most times though)
6. Taking Selfies
7. Listening to Music
Re: Nigerians Are Underutilizing Their Tablets by PerfumeRepublik: 4:45pm On Dec 18, 2014
oyb:

maybe if you're an exec - but if you have to serious work, that surface pro is not it.

Well u have a point ....
Re: Nigerians Are Underutilizing Their Tablets by Nobody: 4:47pm On Dec 18, 2014
Microsoft Surface Pro 3. #Revolutionary cool

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are Underutilizing Their Tablets by martineverest(m): 4:49pm On Dec 18, 2014
Its has take over laptops in most part of america,pple are already convinced,most airlines and companies like cocoacola,bmw have replaced their laptops with it......besides,the next version promises to be larger(up to 14 inches)
oyb:

Re: Nigerians Are Underutilizing Their Tablets by Nobody: 4:50pm On Dec 18, 2014
Yes many people are under utilizing it...when felicity used a tablet to track someone down.some people only use it to receive,play game etc.....and the rate at which mb is consumed that one is another problem
Re: Nigerians Are Underutilizing Their Tablets by killercute16(m): 4:50pm On Dec 18, 2014
Mrval20:
This article would've been much better if you listed those things Nigerians could do with their tablets.
Not everyone is tech savvy like you na
Tank you jare.
Re: Nigerians Are Underutilizing Their Tablets by Aronu(m): 4:51pm On Dec 18, 2014
kennethchidi:
Which of the tablets pls; paracetamol tablets or chloroquin?
kennethchidi:
kennethchidi:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is It Okay To Read Your Wife's E-Mails? / Google To Phase Out Passwords, Roll Out Fingerprint, Face Scan, Others / Fix Hdcp Compliant Display Error When Watching Netflix Video In Safari On Mac

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.