Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,008 members, 7,803,353 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:08 PM

Fuel Scarcity: TOTAL Oil Is Holding Nigerians To Ransom - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Scarcity: TOTAL Oil Is Holding Nigerians To Ransom (15751 Views)

Appointment: ‘APC Is Holding Buhari Hostage’ - Newtelegraphonline / Could It Be That APC Is Holding Nigerians At Ransom ??? (see) / We Are Holding Nigerians As Our Slaves - Asari Dokubo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Scarcity: TOTAL Oil Is Holding Nigerians To Ransom by Anion(m): 11:02am On Dec 17, 2014
[quote author=lexyclasy post=28954819]It is so sadden that people are commenting in this manner. first and foremost ponder on the meaning of security.again did some of you even knows the role and responsibilities of DSS...and their job description?...stop crucifying the department......if i were the president i will wrote to TOTAL headquarters to pull that so called Elizabeth (p)froust off this country for breach of union terms they initially agreed and causing security unrest in the nation....it is only in naija that this nonsense is happening ....firing people any how ,reviewing contracts won by contractors years back and threaten them to call-in other contractor who are on the line should in case they reject the revised bid.what a shame and NAPIMS are here getting their kick back from TOTAL strong woman.....TOTAL can not hold us to ransom....there are laid down conditions for union to thrive and they knew it....she want to prove she is better than her predecessor by sacking Nigerians and bringing in french and cheap labours from India,Thailand. Indonesia etc.she knows that if the union leader is off from PH base she will be able to manipulate workers and sack them at will and will also stop the yearly reviews every January that woman is a crook....the french have nothing to offer naija.....only to milk us dry.....she must reinstate that man else she will locate air France as her alternative route [/quote]
So on point.
Re: Fuel Scarcity: TOTAL Oil Is Holding Nigerians To Ransom by Cannonleo(m): 11:11am On Dec 17, 2014
laBarca:
I believe Labour matters should concern the Organisation and Labour Union. If TOTAL decide to fire her after following due process, she remains fired. If she isn't satisfied then she should go to the National Industrial Court and not manipulating PENGASSAN. But what is the business of DSS in all these?
Re: Fuel Scarcity: TOTAL Oil Is Holding Nigerians To Ransom by Cannonleo(m): 11:11am On Dec 17, 2014
laBarca:
I believe Labour matters should concern the Organisation and Labour Union. If TOTAL decide to fire her after following due process, she remains fired. If she isn't satisfied then she should go to the National Industrial Court and not manipulating PENGASSAN. But what is the business of DSS in all these?

I do have my reservations on why the dss should be the ones handling or commenting on this issue..however from my little knowledge of the dss workings.this matter will only concern them if the ogbonnaya in question or pengason petitioned the dss for the arrest of mrs elizabeth proust possibly for breach of contract or unlawful termination of appointment..threating a strike action which will be viewed as a national issue..knowing the tendency og nigerians bypassing constituted authority..they may have petitioned the nnpc,petroleum and labour ministries but didnt get the response or action they hoped for.hence believing that as abig CABAL they are they can just obtain the required result by force.they went this way.but hey this is nigeria..some cleanup needs to be done especially in labour unions that are beginning 2 abuse the strike weapon as a tool for personal gain.anyway anything can happen and pls the dss is no way synonymous with the CIA
.They are in the same league in terms of comparison in functions with the FBI.
NIA equals the CIA in function
Re: Fuel Scarcity: TOTAL Oil Is Holding Nigerians To Ransom by Esilo(m): 11:12am On Dec 17, 2014
laBarca:
This is very laughable, what concerns the DSS with fuel scarcity, PENGASSAN strike or TOTAL internal matters? For God sake the DSS is supposed to act as intel for other Agencies(Police and Military) to burst crimes and protect Nigerians. When did they become NLC, PPPRA, NNPC or Ministry of Labour to comment on who is holding Nigeria oil and gas workers to ransome and who is not? These people don't just know the difference between State's Intelligence Agency and Dispute and Resolution Center.
before blabbing, note that nupeng has the highest order of union which entitles even a tanker driver to cause strike in nigeria.I belive ogar knows what she is saying
Re: Fuel Scarcity: TOTAL Oil Is Holding Nigerians To Ransom by JuanDeDios: 11:16am On Dec 17, 2014
MadCow1:
That's why I love Elizabeth proust.. She will never re-employ that chalatan.

Pengassan leadership has lost its mind. They can strike for 100 years if they like. They are holding the nation to ransome because of that cretin. Sadly, Mrs Proust does not negotiate with terrorists. She has a right to fire any worker that contravenes company rules and policy. Let Pengassan keep embarrassing themselves. We all know this is all in a bid to frustrate jonathan.

I guess they will also blame Total for the PIB that has not been passed cos that was one of their demands.
But wetin the Ogbonna guy do? What company policies did he contravene?
Re: Fuel Scarcity: TOTAL Oil Is Holding Nigerians To Ransom by Wisdytech(m): 11:18am On Dec 17, 2014
DSS please read this: Wise men don't harm people, but rather they protect- Wisdytech
Re: Fuel Scarcity: TOTAL Oil Is Holding Nigerians To Ransom by angelsing(m): 11:26am On Dec 17, 2014
MadCow1:

I am not peddling and conspiracy..

Try and follow the demands of Pengassan and you will realise that the part the concerns Total has to do only with the sacking of that woman. And I know the full story behind that womans sack and it is well justified and no amount of lies will make Total change its position. Total has even released a press statement to this effect..

The rest of Pengassan demands are why I think they are targeting the president. Read the reasons for the strike and do the maths yourself.
As much as I agree with ur point but what u fail to point out was Pengasan and co has always held the country to ransom over any aggrieve issue..tow their truck they will go on strike, arrest their staff they will go on strike. Its just their way since I can remember, so I doubt if this is about Jonathan
Re: Fuel Scarcity: TOTAL Oil Is Holding Nigerians To Ransom by thaoriginator: 11:42am On Dec 17, 2014
laBarca:
This is very laughable, what concerns the DSS with fuel scarcity, PENGASSAN strike or TOTAL internal matters? For God sake the DSS is supposed to act as intel for other Agencies(Police and Military) to burst crimes and protect Nigerians. When did they become NLC, PPPRA, NNPC or Ministry of Labour to comment on who is holding Nigeria oil and gas workers to ransome and who is not? These people don't just know the difference between State's Intelligence Agency and Dispute and Resolution Center.
Bro, I'm wondering that shittooo! As in, WTF!
Re: Fuel Scarcity: TOTAL Oil Is Holding Nigerians To Ransom by osomegbe(m): 11:45am On Dec 17, 2014
lexyclasy:
It is so sadden that people are commenting in this manner. first and foremost ponder on the meaning of security.again did some of you even knows the role and responsibilities of DSS...and their job description?...stop crucifying the department......if i were the president i will wrote to TOTAL headquarters to pull that so called Elizabeth (p)froust off this country for breach of union terms they initially agreed and causing security unrest in the nation....it is only in naija that this nonsense is happening ....firing people any how ,reviewing contracts won by contractors years back and threaten them to call-in other contractor who are on the line should in case they reject the revised bid.what a shame and NAPIMS are here getting their kick back from TOTAL strong woman.....TOTAL can not hold us to ransom....there are laid down conditions for union to thrive and they knew it....she want to prove she is better than her predecessor by sacking Nigerians and bringing in french and cheap labours from India,Thailand. Indonesia etc.she knows that if the union leader is off from PH base she will be able to manipulate workers and sack them at will and will also stop the yearly reviews every January that woman is a crook....the french have nothing to offer naija.....only to milk us dry.....she must reinstate that man else she will locate air France as her alternative route
on the contract issue, if you charge me based on the price of oil for a project, and the price of oil drops, should I still pay same amount? That is where review come in. They are partners in the industries, if Total goes under today, there will be no contract for them to do with Total. If there is a drop in revenue, surely, it must cut across all contractors and partners even staffs.
Ogar did not say Elizabeth Proust was present in the meeting. She was summoned, but did she come to the meeting or did she send a representative who said I will pass your resolution to the company.
Get the fact.
Re: Fuel Scarcity: TOTAL Oil Is Holding Nigerians To Ransom by modath(f): 1:04pm On Dec 17, 2014
JuanDeDios:

But wetin the Ogbonna guy do? What company policies did he contravene?

She's female, she was transferred from PH to lagos and she refused to accept the transfer, mind you, there was no demotion and it was company wide but she has "power".
Re: Fuel Scarcity: TOTAL Oil Is Holding Nigerians To Ransom by MadCow1: 1:31pm On Dec 17, 2014
angelsing:
As much as I agree with ur point but what u fail to point out was Pengasan and co has always held the country to ransom over any aggrieve issue..tow their truck they will go on strike, arrest their staff they will go on strike. Its just their way since I can remember, so I doubt if this is about Jonathan

The part of Pengassan's demand involving the sacked woman and Total has nothing to do with Jonathan. That one is purely a matter of Pengassan trying to forcibly make Total re-hire a recalcitrant ex-employee. And just so you know, Total's branch of pengassan is not in support of her nor this strike.

But every other part of their demand reeks of sheer political sabotage. Why is it now that Pengassan decides to strike for the passing of the PIB?

Like I said earlier, Google the demands made by pengassan and honestly tell me that it isn't political.
Re: Fuel Scarcity: TOTAL Oil Is Holding Nigerians To Ransom by rusher14: 1:39pm On Dec 17, 2014
laBarca:
She better put her acts in order, because she will be redeployed to another unit once Buhari takes over government so as to give way for competent people to handle the job
Did I hear you say nscdc? angry
Re: Fuel Scarcity: TOTAL Oil Is Holding Nigerians To Ransom by Nobody: 1:44pm On Dec 17, 2014
rusher14:

Did I hear you say nscdc? angry
That is if she isn't redeployed to kirikiri
Re: Fuel Scarcity: TOTAL Oil Is Holding Nigerians To Ransom by MadCow1: 1:47pm On Dec 17, 2014
lexyclasy:
It is so sadden that people are commenting in this manner. first and foremost ponder on the meaning of security.again did some of you even knows the role and responsibilities of DSS...and their job description?...stop crucifying the department......if i were the president i will wrote to TOTAL headquarters to pull that so called Elizabeth (p)froust off this country for breach of union terms they initially agreed and causing security unrest in the nation....it is only in naija that this nonsense is happening ....firing people any how ,reviewing contracts won by contractors years back and threaten them to call-in other contractor who are on the line should in case they reject the revised bid.what a shame and NAPIMS are here getting their kick back from TOTAL strong woman.....TOTAL can not hold us to ransom....there are laid down conditions for union to thrive and they knew it....she want to prove she is better than her predecessor by sacking Nigerians and bringing in french and cheap labours from India,Thailand. Indonesia etc.she knows that if the union leader is off from PH base she will be able to manipulate workers and sack them at will and will also stop the yearly reviews every January that woman is a crook....the french have nothing to offer naija.....only to milk us dry.....she must reinstate that man else she will locate air France as her alternative route

You should shut up about stuff you are clueless about.

A staff was transferred from one location to another and paid her transfer allowances in full. She takes the money (in excess of 7 million), disappears from work without official leave nor permission nor notice for over 5weeks, then shows up without a proper explanation saying she is not moving. He heirachy was not even aware of her movement or whereabouts. She then tries to use the union to forcefully execute her transfer to her prefffered location which fails.. She gets fired for that and you are here spewing trash about things you have zero clue about.

I am not speaking hearsay, I knew about her sack way before she even got her letter. Pengassan is a union that is meant to protect the welfare of workers not encourage them to act with impunity. Many people tried to reason with this woman, but she thought that being a pengassan executive made her above the law. You should know she fhucked up when the local arm of pengassan was not interested in her matter.

Mrs Proust is a by the book woman that has started cleaning up the foolishness inside total. She is tough on corruption and has blocked so many loopholes that many people have been using to chop millions from the company.

The DSS are over-stepping their boundaries. Issues of dispute are not theirs to arbitrate.

That woman is never coming back.. I trust Proust not to succumb. If she could tame indonesia, Nigeria na small matter.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Scarcity: TOTAL Oil Is Holding Nigerians To Ransom by angelsing(m): 2:01pm On Dec 17, 2014
MadCow1:

The part of Pengassan's demand involving the sacked woman and Total has nothing to do with Jonathan. That one is purely a matter of Pengassan trying to forcibly make Total re-hire a recalcitrant ex-employee. And just so you know, Total's branch of pengassan is not in support of her nor this strike.

But every other part of their demand reeks of sheer political sabotage. Why is it now that Pengassan decides to strike for the passing of the PIB?

Like I said earlier, Google the demands made by pengassan and honestly tell me that it isn't political.
why look at politically?...You can't reason like that, they know at the end of the year the demand for fuel will be high therefore looking for an avenue to persuade the government to do their Wish...I Just don't like everything to be about frustrating him or the opposition using it as political tool..seriously, I hate how those Pengassan people take the whole country for a ride most time
Re: Fuel Scarcity: TOTAL Oil Is Holding Nigerians To Ransom by ugees(m): 3:00pm On Dec 17, 2014
MadCow1:

Pengassan leadership has lost its mind. They can strike for 100 years if they like. They are holding the nation to ransome because of that cretin. Sadly, Mrs Proust does not negotiate with terrorists. She has a right to fire any worker that contravenes company rules and policy. Let Pengassan keep embarrassing themselves. We all know this is all in a bid to frustrate jonathan.

I guess they will also blame Total for the PIB that has not been passed cos that was one of their demands.

Fellow do you know this 'charlatan' personally or what she does for/in the union? are you employed in the oil and gas industry?if you don't then you should shut the hell up.... Stop exposing your ignorance....and stupidity sef...
Re: Fuel Scarcity: TOTAL Oil Is Holding Nigerians To Ransom by Reptyle(m): 3:00pm On Dec 17, 2014
Errr...the DSS now handles labour negotiations too? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Fuel Scarcity: TOTAL Oil Is Holding Nigerians To Ransom by MadCow1: 7:17pm On Dec 17, 2014
ugees:

Fellow do you know this 'charlatan' personally or what she does for/in the union? are you employed in the oil and gas industry?if you don't then you should shut the hell up.... Stop exposing your ignorance....and stupidity sef...

Lol..

There is no point bantering a closed issue. You would do well to know whom yoou are addressing first of all. I have told you I know about her case very well. An outsider wouldn't know that much.

And I am far from being ignorant about her role in pengassan.

She is fired and rightly so and there ain't shiit Pengassan can do about it. I already told you her local chapter isn't interested in her sack as they know she had it coming.
Re: Fuel Scarcity: TOTAL Oil Is Holding Nigerians To Ransom by emmatok(m): 7:32pm On Dec 17, 2014
bubadaniel13:
maybe you need to cross check the roles of the dss again, the last time I checked they are in charge of the internal security matters which included labour matters, it may interest to know tht they have playing a lot roles in averting industrial disharmony in acedemic institutions, companes etc.

The DSS is wrong here, Total decide to transfer their employees to another base with N9 Million as benefit, but the employee refuse to go on transfer and started fighting the employer using her UNION members.
The Union is now using it as blackmail tool against Total and Nigerian

How the DSS became a mediator between employee and employer is beyond me.
I thought we have industrial courts.
Re: Fuel Scarcity: TOTAL Oil Is Holding Nigerians To Ransom by gbodimowo(m): 12:09am On Dec 18, 2014
MadCow1:

Please give us more details
Re: Fuel Scarcity: TOTAL Oil Is Holding Nigerians To Ransom by Hilaskee(m): 1:45am On Dec 18, 2014
Can you imagine what this foreigners take Nigerians as. Can this happen in a foreign country where a company will frustrate an employee because he is a member of a Union that exists everywhere in the world? Because she was elected in the PH Zone so they transferred her to Lagos so her election victory will be ineffective. We need to teach all this foreign managers how to behave when they go to other countries where they make billions of dollars. They should re-instate her since she didn't commit a crime worthy of a sack rather than play unproductive and unprofessional politics with Nigerians.
Re: Fuel Scarcity: TOTAL Oil Is Holding Nigerians To Ransom by ceaser: 6:24am On Dec 18, 2014
Ymodulus:
Since when did it become the responsibility of the DSS to address the public on case like this.

Gone are the glorious days of the SSS

since GEJ became president.
Re: Fuel Scarcity: TOTAL Oil Is Holding Nigerians To Ransom by Ahmed4002(m): 2:45pm On Dec 21, 2014
Ahmed4002:

I don't have much inform about Elizabeth proust. but on the day of introduction. she looks serious

cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Train Attacks: Buhari Approves Railway Surveillance Contract / Prepare To Receive, Distribute 6,100MW Of Electricity In 6 Months, FG To Discos / Nasarawa Governorship Primaries: Maku Gives PDP One Week Ultimatum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.