Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,363 members, 7,808,265 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:34 AM

What Was Your First Grammar As A Teenager? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Was Your First Grammar As A Teenager? (606 Views)

Nairaland Residents' Grammar Diary... / 15 Grammar Mistakes You Probably Repeat Daily / Calling On Abeokuta Grammar School Old Boys Association(agsoba) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Was Your First Grammar As A Teenager? by micklplus(m): 6:52am On Dec 17, 2014
I have had this on my mind and I decided to share.

As a young boy/ girl, what was you first grammar and did you use it in the right context?

Being a pako boy when I was growing up. I was around sixteen years old. There was this pretty girl I was asking out and before I could say Jack! The word " FULFIL" popped out of my mouth and I felt reaaaaaaaaally good about it.

The koko be say, the girl was feeling my pako lyrics. LOL. That paid off anyway because, I had to intensify efforts on my grammar from that moment.

Another one, I used the word "REMEMBER" in the wrong context when I meant to use the word " REMIND". Funny enough, the girl corrected me politely and I emptied my brother's luncheon voucher on her at the then CHICKEN GEORGE fast food at palm avenue. LOL grin

My wife died laughing when I told her this. grin

NB: Mods can move it if this is not the right section to post this topic. Thanks

Lets have yours

Cc: Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: What Was Your First Grammar As A Teenager? by Nobody: 9:27am On Dec 17, 2014
"I wish I can" instead of " I wish I cld" funny enough I argued it ignorantly with a babe in public da year. I still feel sad when I remember sha

1 Like

Re: What Was Your First Grammar As A Teenager? by micklplus(m): 7:31pm On Dec 17, 2014
correctguy0900:
"I wish I can" instead of " I wish I cld" funny enough I argued it ignorantly with a babe in public da year. I still feel sad when I remember sha

I was lucky I didn't feel bad in my own case. She corrected my calmly and I knew instantly I blundered.

1 Like

Re: What Was Your First Grammar As A Teenager? by cellors: 5:06pm On Dec 18, 2014
In a way, this brings back memories
Re: What Was Your First Grammar As A Teenager? by micklplus(m): 8:38pm On Dec 19, 2014
[quote author=cellors post=28998005]In a way, this brings back memories[/quote

Sure, I also remember flabbergasted and overwhelmed. LOL

Extensively, I used those two words!

1 Like

Re: What Was Your First Grammar As A Teenager? by micklplus(m): 4:47pm On Jan 05, 2015
Na wah oo

(1) (Reply)

8 Types Of People You Meet In A Fighting Scene / Staining Potential Of Dye Extracted From Baphia Nitida (camwood) / Oracle HRMS Online Training | Free Live Demo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.