Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,743 members, 7,802,271 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:48 AM

Dangote Increases Capacity Of New Refinery Adding Another $2bn - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote Increases Capacity Of New Refinery Adding Another $2bn (11646 Views)

China Lends Dangote $2bn: Is Yuan The New "Dollar" for Nigeria? / Confusion At Ports As FG Increases Import Tariff / Dangote Refinery To Start Production In 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Increases Capacity Of New Refinery Adding Another $2bn by KLand(m): 11:59am On Dec 17, 2014
feji333:
Dangote for president 2015

Impossible!
Re: Dangote Increases Capacity Of New Refinery Adding Another $2bn by ypzilanti: 11:59am On Dec 17, 2014
Dangote for President? He wont run...but if he ever did...who can win him in Nigeria?
Re: Dangote Increases Capacity Of New Refinery Adding Another $2bn by Adminisher: 12:00pm On Dec 17, 2014
Makes sense. With oil price down the only hope is inshore refinning and vale addition.
Re: Dangote Increases Capacity Of New Refinery Adding Another $2bn by Nobody: 12:01pm On Dec 17, 2014
Nice one! My great mentor whome I've never met.
Re: Dangote Increases Capacity Of New Refinery Adding Another $2bn by Boss13: 12:08pm On Dec 17, 2014
Papertrail11:
no offense but this kind of asset should not be owned by a person in a country for me this should strictly be a govetnment owned assest my worry is in the area of abuse exploitation and maybe economic sabotage.

Nigeria dosent have a fuctioning refinery yet dang wanna build his in 3years .Otonjo iwella what hav e you been doing with out subsidy money couldnt you guys have saved part of it to build something like dat of dangote you dont have sense mrs otondo iwella you are incompent you havent helped better the lives of ordinary Nigerians. no wondet they gave a medical doctor (dentist) world bank job over you fooooool.

You have a point. But I think he is dong this first, for national interest and then the huge profit to be made. When this man starts enjoying his sweat people will turn out to claim that he is a monopolist. Dangote has shown that in 3 years a refinery can be built and not just a refinery, a petrochemical factory can also be built.

Now the big question is, what held Jonathan and his 4 co-presidents from building just one refinery after 6 years in power or what held them from ensuring that the existing ones are up to 100% production capacity.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Increases Capacity Of New Refinery Adding Another $2bn by ducii: 12:17pm On Dec 17, 2014
Boss13:

You have a point. But I think he is dong this first, for national interest and then the huge profit to be made. When this man starts enjoying his sweat people will turn out to claim that he is a monopolist. Dangote has shown that in 3 years a refinery can be built and not just a refinery, a petrochemical factory can also be built.

Now the big question is, what held Jonathan and his 4 co-presidents from building just one refinery after 6 years in power or what held them from ensuring that the existing ones are up to 100% production capacity.

Take oil subsidy off, and you will see refineries everywhere in Nigeria. That is the truth.
Dangote has said that the Fuel from his refinery will mainly be for export, Since petrol is more expensive abroad than it is in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Increases Capacity Of New Refinery Adding Another $2bn by signz: 12:18pm On Dec 17, 2014
Papertrail11:
no offense but this kind of asset should not be owned by a person in a country for me this should strictly be a govetnment owned assest my worry is in the area of abuse exploitation and maybe economic sabotage.

Nigeria dosent have a fuctioning refinery yet dang wanna build his in 3years .Otonjo iwella what hav e you been doing with out subsidy money couldnt you guys have saved part of it to build something like dat of dangote you dont have sense mrs otondo iwella you are incompent you havent helped better the lives of ordinary Nigerians. no wondet they gave a medical doctor (dentist) world bank job over you fooooool.

Government can't do business, especially a government headed by Nigerians.

To avoid any Dangote monopoly in the refining industry, the government should remove subsidy and deregulate the downstream sector of the Petroleum industry. Now I guess tie NASS should come in and pass PIB into law. This will make other business men to enter the oil refining business and competition will force the prices down.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Increases Capacity Of New Refinery Adding Another $2bn by ducii: 12:23pm On Dec 17, 2014
signz:

To avoid any Dangote monopoly in the refining industry, the government should remove subsidy and deregulate the downstream sector of the Petroleum industry. Now I guess tie NASS should come in and pass PIB into law. This will make other business men to enter the oil refining business and competition will force the prices down.

Thank you very much, you are a true son of your father. I have tried to explain this simple concept but people don't seem to get it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote Increases Capacity Of New Refinery Adding Another $2bn by mbadinujiu(m): 12:23pm On Dec 17, 2014
famtech:

Are you from space? wetin you wan do? to go find work? Abeg relax the modules will come in to be fixed together.But you can migrate to Ogun state to spread ur tentacles,desperado!!!

Why wasting your words. just give me the location and o will tell what i'm up to
Re: Dangote Increases Capacity Of New Refinery Adding Another $2bn by ducii: 12:30pm On Dec 17, 2014
mbadinujiu:

Why wasting your words. just give me the location and o will tell what i'm up to

The refinery is going to be built at the Lekki Free Trade Zone in Lagos State, and I hear construction work has already started.
Re: Dangote Increases Capacity Of New Refinery Adding Another $2bn by famtech: 12:44pm On Dec 17, 2014
[quote author=signz post=28959103]

Re: Dangote Increases Capacity Of New Refinery Adding Another $2bn by famtech: 12:46pm On Dec 17, 2014
[quote author=famtech post=28959852][/quote]
This is what GEJ govt wants to do after the election,cos mere mentioning of deregulation now will result in nation wide strike.once GEJ is back in power after the election ,we shuld brace up for deregulation with it own good and bad experience.Then other business men including foreigners coming to front our thief thief politicians will be involve in the business.We will feel the multiplier effect of it later.------My thinking

1 Like

Re: Dangote Increases Capacity Of New Refinery Adding Another $2bn by sagaciousblog: 1:21pm On Dec 17, 2014
cramjones:
[size=20pt]EVEN 0.00000000000001 of Dangote is much better than 1000s of the CLUELESS one in power! Well done Aliko!!!

-CramJones[/size]
stale! Are we supposed to laugh at this?
Re: Dangote Increases Capacity Of New Refinery Adding Another $2bn by 100Cents: 1:40pm On Dec 17, 2014
One wonders why the federal government has not privatised the nation's oil refineries which are running below capacity..

NNPC, stealing Nigeria's money since the days of IBB..
Re: Dangote Increases Capacity Of New Refinery Adding Another $2bn by bobbylegend(m): 1:43pm On Dec 17, 2014
Papertrail11 po[color=#550000:
[/color]st=28958374]no offense but this kind of asset should not be owned by a person in a country for me this should strictly be a govetnment owned assest my worry is in the area of abuse exploitation and maybe economic sabotage.

[quote][/quote]

Pls, who is this?
Re: Dangote Increases Capacity Of New Refinery Adding Another $2bn by Sweetlemon(f): 2:27pm On Dec 17, 2014
Papertrail11:

My dear!
Re: Dangote Increases Capacity Of New Refinery Adding Another $2bn by Rhozabeth(m): 2:31pm On Dec 17, 2014
I hope this man is raising people that think like him within his empire that will take over from him when he is no more because if not all these things he is building will crash faster than he has built them! Anyway more grease to his elbow, he is one unassuming businessman that is worth studying and emulating in this part of the world.
Re: Dangote Increases Capacity Of New Refinery Adding Another $2bn by Rhozabeth(m): 2:41pm On Dec 17, 2014
Papertrail11:

After reading your comment, I was forced to check out your profile because no right thinking Nigerian should think the problem of Nigeria can be solved by Okonjo iweala! The refineries owned by the state what happened to them over the years? Answer this and let your brain start clicking from there!
Re: Dangote Increases Capacity Of New Refinery Adding Another $2bn by Papertrail11(m): 3:01pm On Dec 17, 2014
Rhozabeth:

After reading your comment, I was forced to check out your profile because no right thinking Nigerian should think the problem of Nigeria can be solved by Okonjo iweala! The refineries owned by the state what happened to them over the years? Answer this and let your brain start clicking from there!

King of mumulazzzi kingdom

wasnt it okonjo dat did the subsidy plan which was suppose to save Nigeria money on fuel imports why couldnt that money been pumped into d refinery project seems u didnt get mh point alaye....Its cost about 9billion usd to build one Nigeria cant say they dont have such money in their coffets.Afterall otonko ibrella promised us subsidy will pay off in the long run.

I guess yur parents work for jonathan so yur quick to attack anyone anyhow

Bufffon like yu pdp ass liker
Re: Dangote Increases Capacity Of New Refinery Adding Another $2bn by Papertrail11(m): 3:03pm On Dec 17, 2014
bobbylegend:

Pls, who is this?

who be you? ?
Re: Dangote Increases Capacity Of New Refinery Adding Another $2bn by sphinx54: 3:14pm On Dec 17, 2014
Kano state is the best state in the world and Dangote is from there. Kano...producing hardworking and intelligent homo sapiens since 5000000 BC. cool tongue
Re: Dangote Increases Capacity Of New Refinery Adding Another $2bn by aydoth(m): 3:46pm On Dec 17, 2014
Dangote is not being sincere
This are empty promises geared towards 2015 election
Where is the refinery?
Infact what happened to the price of cement taking a quantum jump from N1000 (he declared weeks ago) to N2000.
As a major financier of PDP campaigns, he's just protecting his interests
Nigerians should not rely on false hopes from PDP and her cronies.
Re: Dangote Increases Capacity Of New Refinery Adding Another $2bn by Gliding(m): 3:46pm On Dec 17, 2014
Why is it taking the FG decades to perform turn around maintenance on our existing refineries? Afterall, If an individual can build a refinery of this capacity successfully then the FG should do a lot more
Re: Dangote Increases Capacity Of New Refinery Adding Another $2bn by onoja12: 3:50pm On Dec 17, 2014
Now this is the Dangote i know and respect,not them white trying to trick you into marketing GMO in Africa
Re: Dangote Increases Capacity Of New Refinery Adding Another $2bn by AroOkigbo(m): 3:52pm On Dec 17, 2014
otokx:
Where is the proposed refinery going to be located?
Lagos- Lekki Free Trade Zone
Re: Dangote Increases Capacity Of New Refinery Adding Another $2bn by sonofjah55: 4:04pm On Dec 17, 2014
pls sombody tell me where is the refinary located?
Re: Dangote Increases Capacity Of New Refinery Adding Another $2bn by ducii: 4:18pm On Dec 17, 2014
sonofjah55:
pls sombody tell me where is the refinary located?

It is located in Lagos State ( Lekki Free Trade Zone)
Re: Dangote Increases Capacity Of New Refinery Adding Another $2bn by wtfCode: 4:26pm On Dec 17, 2014
God is ur strenght dangote.
Re: Dangote Increases Capacity Of New Refinery Adding Another $2bn by Nobody: 5:15pm On Dec 17, 2014
Rhozabeth:

And I can guess what you found. Nothing much 'abi'?
Re: Dangote Increases Capacity Of New Refinery Adding Another $2bn by Nobody: 5:53pm On Dec 17, 2014
Earn up to $1000 by investin jst $18 or 4k. Visit www.kinsbiz. for mor info
Re: Dangote Increases Capacity Of New Refinery Adding Another $2bn by waldigit: 6:06pm On Dec 17, 2014
ducii:

http://businessdayonline.com/2014/12/dangote-adds-another-2bn-into-proposed-refinery/#.VJFBT9LF8wJ
A feat 170 million pple under the leadership of some pple could not achieve for 16 yrs is being attained by a single man in a record's time.
The miracle that will save some govt. Pple from hell will be more difficult than that of camel passing through needle eye!
grin
ducii:

http://businessdayonline.com/2014/12/dangote-adds-another-2bn-into-proposed-refinery/#.VJFBT9LF8wJ
A feat 170 million pple under the leadership of some pple could not achieve for 16 yrs is being attained by a single man in a record's time.
The miracle that will save some govt. Pple from hell will be more difficult than that of camel passing through needle eye!
Re: Dangote Increases Capacity Of New Refinery Adding Another $2bn by rhames(m): 7:32pm On Dec 17, 2014
Papertrail11:

Why do you think that this kind of project should not be owned by an individual? This is a capitalist country and there is no holds barred as to what you own provided you dont break the law.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG Renews Chevron’s Licence For Another 20 Years / TUTORIAL: How To Get New Google Adsense In 3 Weeks With Free Blog / Top 6 Websites To Make Extra Money Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.