Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,180 members, 7,807,576 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:31 PM

Young People Bring Glory To Nigeria But Old People Cause Problems - Jonathan - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Young People Bring Glory To Nigeria But Old People Cause Problems - Jonathan (22564 Views)

'I Am Capable & Strong To Do What Young People Do' - Gov Oshiomole / “The Elites Are Nigeria’s Problems” Jonathan Cries Out / Top 5 Problems Jonathan Will Face After Subsidy Matter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Young People Bring Glory To Nigeria But Old People Cause Problems - Jonathan by donnaira(m): 1:20pm On Dec 17, 2014
majekdom2:
Better still resign and handover to a teenager.
did i here you say teenager ?
Re: Young People Bring Glory To Nigeria But Old People Cause Problems - Jonathan by Frankiss44(m): 1:25pm On Dec 17, 2014
size38:
Hehehehehehe GEJ thinks he is young? He belongs to those aging people that have been causing us problem in this country. If actually GEJ is young as he wants us to believe, that means he is a complete failure for disappointing the young people of this country.

dont be silly.... the man said "us" .... he even included himself so stop quoting him out of context.
Re: Young People Bring Glory To Nigeria But Old People Cause Problems - Jonathan by kccarew(f): 1:26pm On Dec 17, 2014
He knows the Truth, they all do. For the first time in forever, he said it in public that he believes in we youth. Now so mr. President, this is what we youths are asking from you... Sweep out the old, starting from your advicer and put young chap there one whose thinking is out of this world, outside the box and see the result u get.
etunoman76:

http://www.punchng.com/news/old-people-cause-of-nigerias-troubles-jonathan/

1 Like

Re: Young People Bring Glory To Nigeria But Old People Cause Problems - Jonathan by wirinet(m): 1:27pm On Dec 17, 2014
manutdadex:
listen to ur self, if he belives Nigerian youth are only good for sport and entertainment y wud he inaugurate an agricultural policy for d youth? Dis man has abt 3-4 policies to help d youth and yet bulk of those youths are on NL complainin wen una mate dey make am! Mtcheew

Re-read the speech and tell us how D-banj relate to the agricultural policy for the youth.

I am sure you are a juvenile, you talk like one. Una mate dey make am, how? When our education sector is in shambles? What the youth need most is quality education.
Re: Young People Bring Glory To Nigeria But Old People Cause Problems - Jonathan by Youem: 1:35pm On Dec 17, 2014
He is making reference to himself for not been able to tackle the challenges facing the country.......let him handover to APC !
Re: Young People Bring Glory To Nigeria But Old People Cause Problems - Jonathan by LajaLaba: 1:35pm On Dec 17, 2014
U are right mr President but the way u talked eeh cry
Re: Young People Bring Glory To Nigeria But Old People Cause Problems - Jonathan by manutdadex(m): 1:36pm On Dec 17, 2014
wirinet:

Re-read the speech and tell us how D-banj relate to the agricultural policy for the youth.

I am sure you are a juvenile, you talk like one. Una mate dey make am, how? When our education sector is in shambles? What the youth need most is quality education.
if u cant disect d simple analogy in dat speech den am goin to encourage u to stop mentioning me pls...if u are old and u stil think this way, den i want to remain a kid foreva! Dude stop blamin d government for ur woes d sooner u take dis advice d beta for u
Re: Young People Bring Glory To Nigeria But Old People Cause Problems - Jonathan by MecTessy(m): 1:36pm On Dec 17, 2014
ULSHERLAN:
And some people will still come out to say GEJ till 2019........ I pity y'all if such happens

GEJ Till 2019

1 Like

Re: Young People Bring Glory To Nigeria But Old People Cause Problems - Jonathan by mickmillz(m): 1:38pm On Dec 17, 2014
If na just meee...
Re: Young People Bring Glory To Nigeria But Old People Cause Problems - Jonathan by sunny63(m): 1:44pm On Dec 17, 2014
GEJ d saviour of dis generation,GEJ is on a divine mission #missionsavenigeria#.BOSS I respect u.GEJ is my mentor.4 team GEJ ping 299CDB77

1 Like

Re: Young People Bring Glory To Nigeria But Old People Cause Problems - Jonathan by tonte(m): 1:45pm On Dec 17, 2014
did he say anything that is a lie there??

Caseless:
This man de talk at times like say him just wake up frm sleep.

2 Likes

Re: Young People Bring Glory To Nigeria But Old People Cause Problems - Jonathan by tonte(m): 1:49pm On Dec 17, 2014
where did he 'blame' anything on any body there...he just stated an obvious fact...old people abuse back and forth...eg doyin okupe elrufai obasanjo etc

laBarca:
First they blamed APC
They later blamed Tinubu
They Blamed Amaechi
They Blamed Muhammadu Buhari
They blamed all past Heads and Presidents
They blamed opposition.
Now they are blaming Elderly People...
Tomorrow they will blame the Children and unborn

2 Likes

Re: Young People Bring Glory To Nigeria But Old People Cause Problems - Jonathan by 49cents(m): 1:52pm On Dec 17, 2014
etunoman76:

http://www.punchng.com/news/old-people-cause-of-nigerias-troubles-jonathan/

GEJ nailed it in the head

I support to say NO to old people running tings in this country

1 Like

Re: Young People Bring Glory To Nigeria But Old People Cause Problems - Jonathan by tonte(m): 1:52pm On Dec 17, 2014
“So, we believe that the future of this country is in the hands of young people. The young Nigerians will surely take us to where we want to be.

“One day, you will take us to the moon. I believe in the young, creative and talented people. Surely, we will create enabling environment for you because you stand for the future of this country and you will make this country great.”

can you explain what you understood by the above statements?

searchcorp:
So in GEJ's mind the ony achievements the young should give their nation is in sports, movie and music. He said absolutely nothing about science, economics, information technology, new age journalism, witty inventions in technology, entrepreneurial spirit and drive and others.

Im ashamed of my president.

1 Like

Re: Young People Bring Glory To Nigeria But Old People Cause Problems - Jonathan by Nobody: 1:52pm On Dec 17, 2014
GEJ should keep quiet and stop showing how clueless he is. Weren't they all youths before they became greedy old politicians?

The youths have learned the ropes. Put a 20-year-old in Aso rock and he will show you how 'smart' the Nigerian youths are.

The problem is not with the older generation, we are inherently corrupt!
Re: Young People Bring Glory To Nigeria But Old People Cause Problems - Jonathan by kipesco(m): 2:01pm On Dec 17, 2014
Caseless:

Can't you read the points before you start to abuse? He sees what u don't c n instead of reason u r talking rubbish.
The man said the young bring glory but the old bring sorrows n u can c with the examples he gives.
What will Buhari bring or Obasanjo who disobeyed court orders.
Think next time before u comment .

2 Likes

Re: Young People Bring Glory To Nigeria But Old People Cause Problems - Jonathan by tohero(m): 2:08pm On Dec 17, 2014
...But see politics that old people like us are
involved in, we continue to quarrel and abuse
ourselves everyday and create problems for
innocent Nigerians .

Imagine, He knew he is a problem for Nigerians and yet he is campaigning for another FOUR YEARS to create problems for Innocent Nigerians
Re: Young People Bring Glory To Nigeria But Old People Cause Problems - Jonathan by rabola1(f): 2:11pm On Dec 17, 2014
So GEJ knows he has nofin and he still wants 2 go 4 anoda 4years after 6years of nofin 2 show. Hmm, irony of lyf
Re: Young People Bring Glory To Nigeria But Old People Cause Problems - Jonathan by lawrsmith(m): 2:15pm On Dec 17, 2014
koboko69:

Jonathan as forgotten that in the next 5-10years he will be as old as the people he is insulting now. I wonder when he will stop blaming people for his failures. This time it is old people.
did he exempt himself from the statement? no,he said "most of us adult" learn how to ready and comprehend.
Re: Young People Bring Glory To Nigeria But Old People Cause Problems - Jonathan by Nobody: 2:17pm On Dec 17, 2014
Jonathan abaseje

Onisokuso
Re: Young People Bring Glory To Nigeria But Old People Cause Problems - Jonathan by Amanwulu1(m): 2:24pm On Dec 17, 2014
Iroh88:
Just imagine a president talking!!! Tufiakwa!! So much for "issues based politics".

I feel so ashamed.
I join u to shout tufiakwa!! but dis time over ur reasoning. So bc he is d president everytin he does is politics even wen it's meant to ginger d youths to do more. Tufiakwa! Cos u've failed to separate political frm motivational talk

1 Like

Re: Young People Bring Glory To Nigeria But Old People Cause Problems - Jonathan by steve308(m): 2:25pm On Dec 17, 2014
he is right....... because Nigeria youths have contributed a lot to the development of this country, and he needs to be appreciated for recognizing the the youths
Re: Young People Bring Glory To Nigeria But Old People Cause Problems - Jonathan by Amanwulu1(m): 2:26pm On Dec 17, 2014
mrofficial:

How old is Jonathan?
57, closer to us dan d other men he mentioned who are much older dan my father.
Re: Young People Bring Glory To Nigeria But Old People Cause Problems - Jonathan by Nobody: 2:27pm On Dec 17, 2014
temitemi1:
Buhari n Obasanjo are very good example of such elders. GEJ till 2019!!!
I think he his right, they are nothing but disgrace, wife and husband dem

Re: Young People Bring Glory To Nigeria But Old People Cause Problems - Jonathan by saintopus(m): 2:28pm On Dec 17, 2014
koboko69:

Jonathan as forgotten that in the next 5-10years he will be as old as the people he is insulting now. I wonder when he will stop blaming people for his failures. This time it is old people.

I did not see any insult in the article
Re: Young People Bring Glory To Nigeria But Old People Cause Problems - Jonathan by Olaolufred(m): 2:31pm On Dec 17, 2014
tonte:
where did he 'blame' anything on any body there...he just stated an obvious fact...old people abuse back and forth...eg doyin okupe elrufai obasanjo, GOODDUCK etc

Re: Young People Bring Glory To Nigeria But Old People Cause Problems - Jonathan by minister2015: 2:31pm On Dec 17, 2014
mama pis go giv dis man im drug na
Re: Young People Bring Glory To Nigeria But Old People Cause Problems - Jonathan by Elan83(m): 2:39pm On Dec 17, 2014
Ppl lyk OBJ, Wole soyinka, Buhari, Tony Aneni, dozens of hausa old mallams, gud 4 notin animals
Re: Young People Bring Glory To Nigeria But Old People Cause Problems - Jonathan by EchuaA: 2:45pm On Dec 17, 2014
If Mr President believes in his statement, how many youths are in his govt? Is he raising disaffection between d young and d old? He shouldn't forget dat someday he will get old.
Re: Young People Bring Glory To Nigeria But Old People Cause Problems - Jonathan by D9ty7(m): 2:49pm On Dec 17, 2014
mrofficial:

How old is Jonathan?
Let me assist that guy. Jona is 57
Re: Young People Bring Glory To Nigeria But Old People Cause Problems - Jonathan by Dee60: 2:51pm On Dec 17, 2014
Caseless:

Abi o. What has age got to o with it? Speech seems a bit unpresidential!
Re: Young People Bring Glory To Nigeria But Old People Cause Problems - Jonathan by D9ty7(m): 2:54pm On Dec 17, 2014
Is anything wrong with the speech? No, I don't think so.
He is praising the youths for their contribution towards the development of the country. And when he said the 'old' he didn't exempt himself. He agreed that he is one of the people creating problems for this country as well as other old people that I know but won't mention.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Obasanjo Being Welcomed To Yola In 1978 By Lamido Of Adamawa (Throwback Photo ) / Governor Ben Ayade's Billboards Destroyed Ahead Of 2019 Election (Photos) / Politicians Who Made Headlines In 2020 - The Nation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.