Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,036 members, 7,807,110 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:42 AM

CHINKO RANGE The New Land Wind X7 Is China's Range Rover Evoque Knockoff. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / CHINKO RANGE The New Land Wind X7 Is China's Range Rover Evoque Knockoff. (3875 Views)

Check Out The Chinese Version Of Range Rover, So Cute! (Photos) / Land Wind X7 Set To Upstage The Almighty Land Rover / Range-Rover Evoque Involved In Accident In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

CHINKO RANGE The New Land Wind X7 Is China's Range Rover Evoque Knockoff. by ayo2dey: 11:19am On Dec 17, 2014
We don’t know if you noticed it, but Landwind's, or rather Land Wind's [sic], new X7 looks like the Range Rover Evoque – a lot, actually.

And it couldn’t come at a worse time for Land Rover as the British firm just started production of the Evoque in China with its local partner Chery Automobile Company.

We're not just talking about some vague similarities between the two SUVs, but a visually very close copy – go ahead, call it a clone, no one will blame you…

Landwind is hosting the world premiere of the X7 at this week's 2014 Guangzhou Auto Show, but we've yet to hear any comments from Land Rover.

The X7 shares its platform with Landwind's X5 SUV with power coming from a Mitsubishi-sourced 2.0-liter turbocharged gasoline engine producing 204PS (201hp) and 250Nm (184 lb-ft) of peak torque paired to either a 6-speed manual or an 8-speed automatic, according to Chinese media.

Images via PCauto

Source: http://www.carscoops.com/2014/11/new-land-wind-x7-is-chinas-range-rover.html

Re: CHINKO RANGE The New Land Wind X7 Is China's Range Rover Evoque Knockoff. by Readonee35L(m): 11:23am On Dec 17, 2014
It Looks Nice Tho
But its A very bad idea
Chinese People been cloning stuffs since 1906
Phone Clones
Electronic clones
Car Clones
Human clones are coming soon

1 Like

Re: CHINKO RANGE The New Land Wind X7 Is China's Range Rover Evoque Knockoff. by ayo2dey: 11:25am On Dec 17, 2014
lol
Re: CHINKO RANGE The New Land Wind X7 Is China's Range Rover Evoque Knockoff. by Nobody: 12:45pm On Dec 17, 2014
Readonee35L:
It Looks Nice Tho
But its A very bad idea
Chinese People been cloning stuffs since 1906
Phone Clones
Electronic clones
Car Clones
Human clones are coming soon

Don't be surprise, it might even be more durable and reliable than the real mccoy. Soon Naija guys be flocking to Land Wind's factory to urge them to import into Naija, delete their badge and install the proper range rover evoque's badge.

6 Likes

Re: CHINKO RANGE The New Land Wind X7 Is China's Range Rover Evoque Knockoff. by ayo2dey: 1:13pm On Dec 17, 2014
it's just 3.5 million naira

1 Like

Re: CHINKO RANGE The New Land Wind X7 Is China's Range Rover Evoque Knockoff. by Readonee35L(m): 3:07pm On Dec 17, 2014
lomomike:

Don't be surprise, it might even be more durable and reliable than the real mccoy. Soon Naija guys be flocking to Land Wind's factory to urge them to import into Naija, delete their badge and install the proper range rover evoque's badge.

Lol
It will be cheaper to maintain and fuel economy will be nice since its an I4

Some importers might bring it Into the country Comot dt rubbish land wind , and put Range rover Evoque
And Some nice Wheels
Gbam!!!
It will make sales in Nigeria sha
We love cheap things

1 Like

Re: CHINKO RANGE The New Land Wind X7 Is China's Range Rover Evoque Knockoff. by Nobody: 3:14pm On Dec 17, 2014
Readonee35L:

Lol
It will be cheaper to maintain and fuel economy will be nice since its an I4

Some importers might bring it Into the country Comot dt rubbish land wind , and put Range rover Evoque
And Some nice Wheels
Gbam!!!
It will make sales in Nigeria sha
We love cheap things

As in eh, I'm telling you, people in Naija will get scammed big time if this gets to become an export commodity. What needs to be done is simple; delete every trace of chinese writings, 'land wind' and their badge, install an HD sat nav screen, scribe/etch Evoque everywhere- headrest, seatback, bonnet lip, boot lip etc and sell it off at 19million, walai people will rush for the awoof wey go run their belle! cheesy

3 Likes

Re: CHINKO RANGE The New Land Wind X7 Is China's Range Rover Evoque Knockoff. by Readonee35L(m): 3:39pm On Dec 17, 2014
lomomike:

As in eh, I'm telling you, people in Naija will get scammed big time if this gets to become an export commodity. What needs to be done is simple; delete every trace of chinese writings, 'land wind' and their badge, install an HD sat nav screen, scribe/etch Evoque everywhere- headrest, seatback, bonnet lip, boot lip etc and sell it off at 19million, walai people will rush for the awoof wey go run their belle! cheesy

Lol, laugh one kill me for here
. We nigerians wey like awoof

Them go tooo scam people
We want to buy An Evoque for 5million

The turbo charged engine might perform well tho adding a modified exhaust system should bring good sound
But no matter the modification done
Bread and butter can never taste lik pizza

A Car guy will surely know a replica
Re: CHINKO RANGE The New Land Wind X7 Is China's Range Rover Evoque Knockoff. by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:18pm On Dec 17, 2014
lomomike:

Don't be surprise, it might even be more durable and reliable than the real mccoy. Soon Naija guys be flocking to Land Wind's factory to urge them to import into Naija,
delete their badge and install the proper range rover evoque's badge.

You read my mind.
ayo2dey:
it's just 3.5 million naira

Mike the pice near tokumor rx330 o! tongue grin

1 Like

Re: CHINKO RANGE The New Land Wind X7 Is China's Range Rover Evoque Knockoff. by Nobody: 5:29pm On Dec 17, 2014
GAZZUZZ:

You read my mind.

Mike the pice near tokumor rx330 o! tongue grin

Gazzuzz, oya wetin you dey wait for? Sharp sharp bizness don start be that o grin
Re: CHINKO RANGE The New Land Wind X7 Is China's Range Rover Evoque Knockoff. by Readonee35L(m): 5:48pm On Dec 17, 2014
Hahaha
Naso oh
Una one turn Importer abi... If una they find buyer , I they available @ least 15pieces per month
Re: CHINKO RANGE The New Land Wind X7 Is China's Range Rover Evoque Knockoff. by tomi4biz(m): 4:06pm On Jun 02, 2016
Where and how can one buy this Land wind X7 ?

Your prompt response will be appreciated.
Call me on 08141504742

(1) (Reply)

Any Experience With 2003-2007 Nissan Murano / Kia Motors: The New Kia Soul 2010 Model! / ..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.