Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,864 members, 7,806,457 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:49 PM

Is There A Spiritual Punishment For Wasting Cooked Food? - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Is There A Spiritual Punishment For Wasting Cooked Food? (15918 Views)

See What A Lady Cooked For Her Man ! / Picture Of Jollof Rice Been Cooked By A Nairalander / Rice Is The Common Food Cooked For Christmas- Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is There A Spiritual Punishment For Wasting Cooked Food? by hollaytan: 11:54pm On Dec 23, 2014
Islamically it is not good, morally it is bad, why waste foods when there are so many starving?
Re: Is There A Spiritual Punishment For Wasting Cooked Food? by imisi2014: 12:00am On Dec 24, 2014
one should do things in moderation

Re: Is There A Spiritual Punishment For Wasting Cooked Food? by AriDsexy(f): 12:03am On Dec 24, 2014
vizkiz:

no, i will keep it the fridge then warm it the next time i am hungry instead of wasting...

Ok then,let me just leave it at that.
Re: Is There A Spiritual Punishment For Wasting Cooked Food? by 185mikel(m): 12:06am On Dec 24, 2014
OlamiB:
I spent the last two weeks in my aunty's place and she and her family beliefs that there is a punishment from God to whoever waste cooked food. I dnt know how true this is because I have a frnd that also doesn't waste food simply because God will punish her.

Sometimes food just doesn't waste intentionally, you cnt force yourself to eat excess food you have to leave it as left over.

What is your say about this?
not that it is sin but it is not good to waste food.

after Jesus had fed the five thousand, the Bible say they gathered the fragment into the basket.

John 6:12-13
12 When they were filled, he said unto his disciples, Gather up the fragments that remain, that nothing be lost.
13 Therefore they gathered them together, and filled twelve baskets with the fragments of the five barley loaves, which remained over and above unto them that had eaten.
Re: Is There A Spiritual Punishment For Wasting Cooked Food? by franklampard082(m): 2:21am On Dec 24, 2014
This is something you get with females. For example, my girlfriend will complain if I don't finish the last two spoons of rice on my plate but she Will waste a whole plate of food when we are out on a date.
Re: Is There A Spiritual Punishment For Wasting Cooked Food? by amanikondo: 4:33am On Dec 24, 2014
Do you believe in karma?

Why waste food when you can use that same food to bring smiles to the face of your neighbors.
If you live with the poor folks, you can do that. What of the people that their neighbors are well fed and haves?
I waste food and there is no karma because I have no poor neighbor to give food to.
Re: Is There A Spiritual Punishment For Wasting Cooked Food? by PrinceNwokeji: 6:03am On Dec 24, 2014
Question for the gods
Re: Is There A Spiritual Punishment For Wasting Cooked Food? by Nobody: 6:36am On Dec 24, 2014
shadrach77:

what's wrong with them? The onus is on you to prove them wrong tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Exodus u quote is a Test from God to see if Isreal will fear him nd John is a figurative expression of Jesus gathering the lost sheep and not letting any one of the get loss as He leads them on to the Kingdom. Waiting 4 d scriptural backup
Re: Is There A Spiritual Punishment For Wasting Cooked Food? by Nobody: 9:17am On Dec 24, 2014
OlamiB:
I spent the last two weeks in my aunty's place and she and her family beliefs that there is a punishment from God to whoever waste cooked food. I dnt know how true this is because I have a frnd that also doesn't waste food simply because God will punish her.

Sometimes food just doesn't waste intentionally, you cnt force yourself to eat excess food you have to leave it as left over.

What is your say about this?

Well, if you put in mind that the food you are eating is a loving provision from God, then it shouldn't be too hard to understand.

When God provided the Manna for the Israelites, he asked them to take ONLY what they were to eat for the day.

When Jesus fed the multitude, the Bible says his disciples gathered the remnants together so that nothing was wasted.

Habitually wasting food is just a simple sign that you do not appreciate the loving provision that God has given you. There are a million people out there who do not have food to eat. Think about this the next time you eat and take ONLY as much as you know you will finish.
Re: Is There A Spiritual Punishment For Wasting Cooked Food? by marketresearch: 5:10pm On Jan 14, 2015
for Nigerians looking for Nigerian foods/ingredients in the US, you can get your ingredients here - http://www.nigerianfoods.com/
Re: Is There A Spiritual Punishment For Wasting Cooked Food? by IBreakRules: 4:40pm On Mar 31, 2018
only those that don't have pets like dogs waste food.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Desserts / My Experience After Eating In A Fast Food::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: / Unusual Birthday Cakes (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.