Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,521 members, 7,808,902 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:03 PM

Nairaland Barristers In The House Help Me Out! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nairaland Barristers In The House Help Me Out! (931 Views)

In Need Of House Help / Financial Expert In The House, Help Me Review Finance Aspect Of My Business Plan / Pls House Help Me Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Barristers In The House Help Me Out! by adonbilivit: 11:43am On Dec 17, 2014
i contracted this guy to drill a borehole for me sometime in July. he charged me an amount and i paid almost 70% of it upfront. he drilled the hole, coupled it and tested but water did not flow. i told him to come get it done but he said i have to pay additional charges which i refused. so i kept pestering him to come finish the job for the past five months. now he told me I should lend him the money he is going to use to drill a new borehole for me, he is to pay me back in February. now my problem is how to draft the agreement so that it can be legally binding. must a lawyer draft it for me?
Re: Nairaland Barristers In The House Help Me Out! by adonbilivit: 11:49am On Dec 17, 2014
seun please help me move this to the front page. i dont want to loose my money
Re: Nairaland Barristers In The House Help Me Out! by GenyEbere(f): 12:04pm On Dec 17, 2014
contact a lawyer to draft it
Re: Nairaland Barristers In The House Help Me Out! by adonbilivit: 12:07pm On Dec 17, 2014
GenyEbere:
contact a lawyer to draft it
cant i draft it myself?
Re: Nairaland Barristers In The House Help Me Out! by GenyEbere(f): 1:18pm On Dec 17, 2014
it needs a legal back up(signature) while he will provide surety
Re: Nairaland Barristers In The House Help Me Out! by Infomizer(m): 1:19pm On Dec 17, 2014
Oga get a lawyer? If you know you can draft it yourself, why are you here then?

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Barristers In The House Help Me Out! by adonbilivit: 5:22pm On Dec 17, 2014
Infomizer:
Oga get a lawyer? If you know you can draft it yourself, why are you here then?
i can draft. i reached out to a lawyer he asked me to pay 10,000 naira. i have drafted it myself and it is still binding
Re: Nairaland Barristers In The House Help Me Out! by Nobody: 5:28pm On Dec 17, 2014
Barr. Naijaboiy come help dx man o grin
Re: Nairaland Barristers In The House Help Me Out! by stagger: 5:31pm On Dec 17, 2014
pictures of the borehole or....
Re: Nairaland Barristers In The House Help Me Out! by Goddys(m): 5:51pm On Dec 17, 2014

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Barristers In The House Help Me Out! by cacmatters(m): 6:16pm On Dec 17, 2014
Goddys:
Sir,For the agreement to have a legal backing,you need an attestation from a solicitor of the supreme court.Who told you that you can give an agreement a legal backing when it is not drafted or attested by a solicitor of supreme court which every barrister is one.Ignorance is no excuse before you cry had I known.You are lucky a lawyer charged you 10k for that. I charge 30k for that
Later when the op is doped, nobody will show him the way to lawyer's office. So op can't spare 10,000 naira in order to have rest of mind?

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Barristers In The House Help Me Out! by adonbilivit: 8:07pm On Dec 17, 2014
Goddys:
Sir,For the agreement to have a legal backing,you need an attestation from a solicitor of the supreme court.Who told you that you can give an agreement a legal backing when it is not drafted or attested by a solicitor of supreme court which every barrister is one.Ignorance is no excuse before you cry had I known.You are lucky a lawyer charged you 10k for that.I charge 30k for that
so you mean the agreement cant be enforced coz i drafted it myself? lol! i know the vital stuffs needed in a void contract/agreement; consideration, object, etc. 30k for just drafting something that wont take up to 15mins? Dangote must be your client
Re: Nairaland Barristers In The House Help Me Out! by adonbilivit: 8:10pm On Dec 17, 2014
cacmatters:

Later when the op is doped, nobody will show him the way to lawyer's office. So op can't spare 10,000 naira in order to have rest of mind?
i guess you are a barrister too. lol. well i already consulted a barrister friend of mine and he said i am good to go. if the defaults i can then employ the service of a lawyer. plus i did my personal research.
Re: Nairaland Barristers In The House Help Me Out! by sunnshyn(f): 8:16am On Dec 18, 2014
adonbilivit:
i guess you are a barrister too. lol. well i already consulted a barrister friend of mine and he said i am good to go. if the defaults i can then employ the service of a lawyer. plus i did my personal research.

So why this thread?

(1) (Reply)

Bank Verification Number / Epic Response To Pepsi "Long Throat" And Indomie "Hungry Man" Advert / I Need A Recharge Card Pin Agent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.