Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,357 members, 7,800,719 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:01 AM

Military Has Decimated Boko Haram - Air Force Boss - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Military Has Decimated Boko Haram - Air Force Boss (18505 Views)

We Are Really Handicapped In Attacking Boko Haram- Air Vice Marshal R.A. Ojuawo / Pitiable Country! Wanted Pension Task Force Boss, Maina Emerges From Hiding…emba / Rasheed Maina (Pension Task Force Boss) Diverted N21 Billion To His Accounts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Military Has Decimated Boko Haram - Air Force Boss by ducii: 11:49am On Dec 17, 2014
Contrary to claims that the Boko Haram sect is winning the war in the North-east despite efforts to dislodge it, the Nigerian Air Force (NAF) said the military had decimated the terrorist group.

The Chief of Air Staff (CAS), Air Marshal Adesola Amosun, said this at the weekend at the graduation ceremony of course 2/2014 of the Nigerian Armed Forces Resettlement Centre (NAFRC), Oshodi, organised by the Commandant, Air Vice Marshal Monday Morgan.

Amosun said in an interview with THISDAY that the soldiers in the North-east region had been able to do considerable damage to the operations of the Boko Haram insurgents in the area.

He said the combined efforts of the personnel of NAF alongside other arms of the armed forces had been successful in incapacitating the insurgents.

Amosun further said the military was able to do this by weakening the capabilities of the insurgents and destroying their supply lines.

He also said the NAF had been able to provide strategic and tactical airlift for the army to enable them combat insurgency within the North-eastern part of the country.

CAS said: “Unlike the situation in Mali where the forces fighting insurgents in that area were unable to get strategic airlift, we have been able to support the operations of the military through the airlifting of troops and ability to drop supplies where needed.

“Despite the pressure from the civil populace for the quick resolution of the crisis, the officers and men of the armed forces are not relenting in their effort to flush out the insurgents within the region.”

Earlier, the Minister of Defence, General Aliyu Gusau (rtd), had urged the retirees to always uphold the highest standards of conduct, character, integrity and teamwork as they would be held accountable for these standards even while in retirement.

Gusau, who was represented by the Permanent Secretary in the ministry, Aliyu Numan, said: “As the nation is in the critical stage of battling insurgents in the North-eastern part of the country, a lot is still required from the retiring members of the armed forces.

“Especially wherever they find themselves in the aspect of collaboration with other serving members of the armed forces and other security agencies of our fatherland to completely eradicate this threat of insurgency in our society.”

He also commended the leadership of NAFRC for the vision and commitment to transform the centre into a more robust and rewarding institution through the Public-Private Partnership (PPP) scheme.

Gusau said efforts were on to ensure that the NAFRC bill which will transform the centre to a centre of excellence in handling the retirement of personnel would be passed before the end of the administration.

Also, NAFRC’s Commandant, Air Vice Marshal Morgan, said the PPP scheme would allow the centre the opportunity to tap from the private sector’s management skills, technical expertise and efficiency system for the overall benefit of the centre.

In line with this, he said the governing board of the institution had already approved the scheme in principle, adding that efforts to commence full implementation of the scheme within the shortest possible time are on-going.

The commandant explained that part of the cutting edge innovation being considered at the NAFRC was to link training to entrepreneurship and business development.

He said: “We want to go further not only in providing entrepreneurship training to retiring service personnel, but to fill the gap that has been missing.

“We want to provide seed money and start-up capital to all our successful trainees to start their own micro, small and medium enterprises.

“We are working out the modalities to accomplish this with our technical partners who have access to both local and international funders.”
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/military-has-decimated-boko-haram-air-force-boss-insists/196874/

1 Like

Re: Military Has Decimated Boko Haram - Air Force Boss by siraj1402(m): 12:20pm On Dec 17, 2014
Same story since.

Meanwhile,

Less do I know its a crime to express your mind.After protested for some of posts that are favoured over my post,I can't post anything for the past 4 day.I was thjnking that it was a general error until I decided to go through my second account then I descovered some things are wrong.Nairaland is not my father's property, but injustice is an injustices no matter to whom or how small.

Re: Military Has Decimated Boko Haram - Air Force Boss by paulshakur: 12:21pm On Dec 17, 2014
These is a false news o. I am tempted to say story for the Gods... Boko Haram is within the cabinet of both APC and PDP thus, until the sponsors are flushed out, I still fear More carnage will occur.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Military Has Decimated Boko Haram - Air Force Boss by Nobody: 12:21pm On Dec 17, 2014
hhhj
Re: Military Has Decimated Boko Haram - Air Force Boss by seangy4konji: 12:21pm On Dec 17, 2014
Lies from pit of hell.
Re: Military Has Decimated Boko Haram - Air Force Boss by mmaichel: 12:21pm On Dec 17, 2014
to God be the glory

3 Likes

Re: Military Has Decimated Boko Haram - Air Force Boss by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:22pm On Dec 17, 2014
good to know

Best blog ever !!! www.kingebuka.com

King Ebuka's Blog !!!!
Re: Military Has Decimated Boko Haram - Air Force Boss by Bonapart(m): 12:22pm On Dec 17, 2014
Go on soldiers the Lord is your strength. no man fights his country and win boko case won't be different
Re: Military Has Decimated Boko Haram - Air Force Boss by Osyxcel(m): 12:22pm On Dec 17, 2014
Yawns.... lie lie everywhere

I salute our gallant soldiers, and to the moles within the NA, I pray they get fished out pretty soon.
Re: Military Has Decimated Boko Haram - Air Force Boss by Abellivinus(m): 12:23pm On Dec 17, 2014
Good if it is true.
Re: Military Has Decimated Boko Haram - Air Force Boss by ZACHIE: 12:23pm On Dec 17, 2014
Great.
Now enter Sambisa and collect our girls home
Can't be difficult anymore.

2 Likes

Re: Military Has Decimated Boko Haram - Air Force Boss by Nobody: 12:23pm On Dec 17, 2014
Incredible. Lies upon lies. Did he read the first hand account of that soldier that wrote a letter directly to the president detailing how the Nigerian army is seriously under equipped and suffering from very low morale plus the endemic corruption in the system. How many helicopters have we lost to boko haram. This man doesn't know what he is saying.
Re: Military Has Decimated Boko Haram - Air Force Boss by roymary: 12:23pm On Dec 17, 2014
paulshakur:
These is a false news o. I am tempted to say story for the Gods... Boko Haram is within the cabinet of both APC and PDP thus, until the sponsors are flushed out, I still fear More carnage will occur.

"This"

"gods"
Re: Military Has Decimated Boko Haram - Air Force Boss by ayo4dworld(m): 12:23pm On Dec 17, 2014
Thank God.... I hope the good news continue like this
Re: Military Has Decimated Boko Haram - Air Force Boss by ochejagabriel: 12:24pm On Dec 17, 2014
Thank you Jonathan.

5 Likes

Re: Military Has Decimated Boko Haram - Air Force Boss by SenatorTobijah(m): 12:24pm On Dec 17, 2014
Bla blah blah this boko haram are so many that they can't be defeat up till now?
Re: Military Has Decimated Boko Haram - Air Force Boss by Trailblazer1(m): 12:24pm On Dec 17, 2014
APC be like *no way o, Jonathan must not defeat bokoharam now. They should keep bombing and killing in mass until after the election next year, and when the Peoples General takes over, bokoharam can then be defeated. GEJ must remain clueless till then*

Therfore this news must be fake and we refuse to believe it.

Let all the progressives on this forum reject this news as fake.

Signed:
Lai Mohammed
(liar in chief)

7 Likes

Re: Military Has Decimated Boko Haram - Air Force Boss by hebex12(m): 12:25pm On Dec 17, 2014
ok
Re: Military Has Decimated Boko Haram - Air Force Boss by chitop(m): 12:26pm On Dec 17, 2014
Thank you galant soldiers for fight against BH but you need to do more than decimate but stamping them out of the country,more grease to your elbow.

1 Like

Re: Military Has Decimated Boko Haram - Air Force Boss by Atigba: 12:27pm On Dec 17, 2014
The Niger delta militants block the east west road now

No vehicle movement and they are collecting 500 naira from each vehicle if you want to pass

How did I find myself in this lawless country

1 Like

Re: Military Has Decimated Boko Haram - Air Force Boss by NosaForNSF(m): 12:27pm On Dec 17, 2014
Story 4 d gods...

Re: Military Has Decimated Boko Haram - Air Force Boss by CuppyCakie: 12:28pm On Dec 17, 2014
ok
Re: Military Has Decimated Boko Haram - Air Force Boss by Esilo(m): 12:36pm On Dec 17, 2014
Sometimes we need to ask ourselves questions,I became uncomfortable about the existence of chibok girls cus if its real,how do dey move from one community,state to the other.is it by sea?by road or by air?if so what type of bus can carry 250girls at once?how many helicpters or how many boats?plz let's stop beating about the bush and face reality,APC! Note that boko haram cannot stop GEJ from winning the 2015 election.

3 Likes

Re: Military Has Decimated Boko Haram - Air Force Boss by hushmail: 12:36pm On Dec 17, 2014
siraj1402:
Same story since.

Meanwhile,

Less do I know its a crime to express your mind.After protested for some of posts that are favoured over my post,I can't post anything for the past 4 day.I was thjnking that it was a general error until I decided to go through my second account then I descovered some things are wrong.Nairaland is not my father's property, but injustice is an injustices no matter to whom or how small.

d same treatment was meted out to me. What biz do i have wt d anti spam bot? It banned me from d political section, and thats my only reason for being in NL
Re: Military Has Decimated Boko Haram - Air Force Boss by siraj1402(m): 12:39pm On Dec 17, 2014
hushmail:

d same treatment was meted out to me. What biz do i have wt d anti spam bot? It banned me from d political section, and thats my only reason for being in NL
Let them do what they like,its not my father's property but truth must be told.

1 Like

Re: Military Has Decimated Boko Haram - Air Force Boss by otswag(m): 12:43pm On Dec 17, 2014
Hmmm! Decimated indeed. Nigérians don wise pass dis deceptive and creative use of english language. We go soon hear say BH don raid anoda village again n killed hundreds of ppu. Mtchew

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Trade War, Price Slump Threaten Nigeria, Others / I Don't Like Buhari's Culture Of Silence - Acf's Spokesman, Sani Says / Now It Is Time For Us To Negotiate With Nnamdi Kanu – Fani-kayode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.