Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,864 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:58 AM

Nigerian Dishes With Low Cholostrol - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigerian Dishes With Low Cholostrol (6758 Views)

What Are Foods With Low Cholesterol. / Please help a friend with Low Sperm Count / New Business You Can Do From Home With Low Capital That Won't Affect Your Health (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Dishes With Low Cholostrol by princekevo(m): 7:12pm On Dec 07, 2008
I believe we got some doctors in the house. Please I left Nigeria some years back, only travelled back home dec. 2005 and tht same year 2005 i was diagonised of High blood Pressure(HBP).Since i came back here i have been trying my best to put my blood pressure under control.As such my doctor recommended some diet that would help to keep my blood pressure under control, which i always try to follow.He also warned me to avoid eating some things that might help increase my blood pressure.
Now am thinking of spending sometime in Nigeria for the Xmas. So please can some one get me informed on the kind of Nigerian Diet i should follow on within my stay in Nigeria? Knowing that most of Nigeiran Dishes contains high cholostrol and this will send my Blood pressure high.
When i was in Nigeria i was used to eating everything eatable not minding the effect, but now am scared coz of the situation of my health.
Re: Nigerian Dishes With Low Cholostrol by naijaking1: 8:48pm On Dec 07, 2008
Cholesterol ladden food will not directly elevate your blood pressure, however it may increase your risk for heart attack by clogging up your blood vessels.

I make this distinction for you as a way of educating you on what may or may not directly increase your blood pressure. High blood pressure also increases your risk for heart attack, another factor is diabetes.

Nigerian food with low cholesterol: fruits and vegetables
Nigerian food with high sodium, that will cause high blood pressure(even under laboratory condition):  Excess table salt, Maggi cubes, Chinese foods and sauce.
High cholestrol: Palm oil, excess fatty foods

Good luck
Re: Nigerian Dishes With Low Cholostrol by KarmaMod(f): 8:54pm On Dec 07, 2008
Gonna have to avoid alot of Naija foods since they basically FRY everything to DEATH.

Avoid stuff made with palm oil. Personally, I hate the stuff. It's gross

If you cook, take olive oil with you to use instead. Eat more boiled stuff as opposed to fried

Enjoy more fruits. Cut back on the salt

etc
Re: Nigerian Dishes With Low Cholostrol by princekevo(m): 9:49am On Dec 08, 2008
Thanks to all for ur advice. Really appreciatet that.
Re: Nigerian Dishes With Low Cholostrol by baby123: 1:59pm On Dec 11, 2008
Dont forget , stay away from suya ,instead of meat take pomo and dry fish .
Re: Nigerian Dishes With Low Cholostrol by princekevo(m): 2:04pm On Dec 11, 2008
Lol, i must confess that meat has been one of the things i couldnt stop eating after being warned several times by my doctor.but not much anyways like b4, still struggling to quit entirely.
Re: Nigerian Dishes With Low Cholostrol by iice(f): 11:58am On Dec 13, 2008
KarmaMod:

going to have to avoid alot of Naija foods since they basically FRY everything to DEATH.

Avoid stuff made with palm oil. Personally, I hate the stuff. It's gross

If you cook, take olive oil with you to use instead. Eat more boiled stuff as opposed to fried

Enjoy more fruits. Cut back on the salt

etc

rofl grin grin
True
Re: Nigerian Dishes With Low Cholostrol by aieromon(m): 8:33pm On Dec 16, 2008
go for vegetables without the egusi or ogbono thing.

go for seafood and fresh fish.

stay on wheat bread

avoid fried foods at all cost and if it cant be avoided,use cotton seed oil

of course,avoid alcohol cos we use it to down our problems.

have a merry xmas
Re: Nigerian Dishes With Low Cholostrol by xcoded1996: 8:52am On Dec 14, 2022
As there are no symptoms of high cholesterol, people may have it without being aware.

this guide will help you to keep your health in check. https://www.nccmed.com/10-amazing-nigerian-foods-with-low-cholesterol-for-healthy-life/

(1) (Reply)

Gain Weight / COVID-19 Update For November 20 2020 In Nigeria / COVID-19 Update For March 23 2021 In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.