Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,983 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:20 AM

Cement Price : Dangote Lied To Nigerians - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Cement Price : Dangote Lied To Nigerians (1029 Views)

ATM Fee: CBN Lied To Us / Cement Price Will Reduce Soon - FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Cement Price : Dangote Lied To Nigerians by femidejulius(m): 1:58pm On Dec 17, 2014
On today's Punch Newspaper, page 32 in the business and economy section is a bold headline:
BUYERS KICK AS DANGOTE CEMENT SELLS FOR N1,745
The news caught my attention as Dangote had previously announced to the world that a bag of their cement is to be sold for N1,000. This has also made some stunch supporters of the PDP led federal government to attribute this fake achievement to Mr. President's efforts at repositioning the country.

The news has 11 paragraphs but I will only select a few paragraphs.

1. Distributors and developers have accused the management of Dangote Cement Plc of silently increasing the price of its product to N1,745 per a 50kg bag instead of the N1,000 that it announced early last month.

6 . However, an angry distributor, who spoke with our correspondent on the condition of anonymity, said though the firm had previously announced the crash of the 32.5 cement grade to N1,000 per bag, and the higher 42.5 grade to N1,150 from N1,700 irrespective of grade, the distributors never got it at the announced prices.

8. The distributor said "When the company reduced the price to N1,000, they were very quick to go to the press and announce it even though they were not even selling at N1,000 to we the distributors. They were selling it at N1,150.But as of yesterday (Monday), they had increased it to N1,745 for the distributors.

*Why did Dangote fail to go back to the press?
*Did they even ever sold for the N1,000 they previously claimed?
*Dangote has lied to us? Did they not?
Re: Cement Price : Dangote Lied To Nigerians by 100Cents: 11:28am On Dec 19, 2014

(1) (Reply)

"SUREBET247 IS A Scam"click To See Reasons / I Can Help You Make 10-20 % On Your Capital Every Month. / Before You Post "How Can I Get Sales On FIVERR?" Try Reading This First.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.