Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,161 members, 7,780,142 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:11 AM

5 Ways Nigerian Universities Defraud Students - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 5 Ways Nigerian Universities Defraud Students (22121 Views)

6 ways Nigerian Lecturers,frustrate their student. / ::: Funny Ways Nigerian Students Cheat During An Examination::: ( Pics) / Salary Scale Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Ways Nigerian Universities Defraud Students by herald9: 9:12am On Dec 19, 2014
Apreel:
acceptance fee in abia state uni is 45k..depending on the course sef. Some is 50k

Well...I don't expect anything state Uni to be cheap.

Re: 5 Ways Nigerian Universities Defraud Students by herald9: 9:13am On Dec 19, 2014
vonn:
This Herald9 shaa...

Really wanted mentions and got it/still getting it.

grin

imagine logging in to see 21 mentionsgrin
Re: 5 Ways Nigerian Universities Defraud Students by Nobody: 9:15am On Dec 19, 2014
herald9:

50k for everything abisad
just for the acceptance my brother

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways Nigerian Universities Defraud Students by herald9: 9:17am On Dec 19, 2014
Elan83:
Esut Enugu is 30k, d most useless univrsty on d planet earth.

Bros abeg o...you don't need to condemn your university this much...grin

At least you're still gaining from them...

It can't be the worstgrin
Re: 5 Ways Nigerian Universities Defraud Students by supaphlymee(m): 9:18am On Dec 19, 2014
Obrizzy:
lols u guys havent seen anytin 40k fr acceptance fee ,97k skool fees at OOU and thats just fr computer science ,inagine what med students will pay
AAU na learner to ur school o
Re: 5 Ways Nigerian Universities Defraud Students by OsoDupe(f): 9:18am On Dec 19, 2014
Dont mind them, thieves, there is this scratch card I was given when I paid one of such money, I kept it, some years later I decided to see the usefulness of it, d site written on it does not even exist not to talk of using the scratch card.
Re: 5 Ways Nigerian Universities Defraud Students by Ghyft(f): 9:24am On Dec 19, 2014
Rapmoney:
October, 2014 made it 8 years I successfully graduated from the university. I still vividly remember some of those unnecessary fees, dues and levies we had to pay in order to obtain that 'overrated paper' called certificate wink The truth is that most of these fees paid by university undergraduates are highly defrauding. I don't know if some of them still exist or if more have been added to the ones I have always known of. Here we go:

1. Accreditation fee: What the heck does this mean? Instead of sincerely apologizing to me for collecting money from me as tuition fee, when the university or department I have been admitted to lacks legality, how dare you turn around and ask me to fund the accreditation exercise? Nigerian universities would not use money collected as accreditation fees from students to purchase facilities that would aid academic and scholastic pursuits. The monies end up in private pockets. Prof. Ezekwe should rot in hell grin
no idea about this.

2. Acceptance fee: Accepting or rejecting admission should be done simply through written letter or any other form that can act as a formal notification. Collecting 5k to 10k (don't know if that's the current fee) as acceptance fee is fraudulent! I often wonder why students pay to accept an admission offer
just so you know,Uniben acceptance fee is 45K...yeah..that bad

3. Students' Affairs dues: Another fraudulent fee! What does this department do? Students' affairs units in our universities are not relevant to the socio-economic issues students face on daily basis on campus. All through my days in the Ivory Tower, I was a fervent payer of Students' Affairs dues yet I fought all my problems myself what ever form they came. So what does our money do as dues? A student who couldn't pay medical bills was allowed to suffer, yet a fervent payer like myself.

4. Post UME forms and Scratch Cards: Why sell forms or cards when you know the capacity of the school will not be able to accommodate the teeming youths seeking for admission? This is fraudulent. Nigerian universities lower their cut-off marks just to attract desperate candidates. They need people to purchase cards and forms when in essence, these people won't even see or touch the school's matric gown for that academic session. Jambites, next time a friend tells you that Migwor University or University of Vrendo accepts 150 as cut-off mark, you might just be one of the steps on the ladder for that university to make serious money!

5. In all, selling of handouts, unnecessary and low-standard books to students, useless old rusted machines in faculties of Engineering, old and outdated computers in Computer Science dept. are all fraud! That's why we have been producing elect/elect Engineers that cannot connect lamp-holder, talk less of manufacturing wrist-watch cheesy

Pls, feel free to add yours.
Re: 5 Ways Nigerian Universities Defraud Students by lookingfly: 9:26am On Dec 19, 2014
herald9:
When it comes to extorting money from students... Uniuyo is second to nonecheesy

Imagine...the acceptance fee for UNICAL is 10k...
UNIUYO is 15k.

Most universities release their second admission list free of charge... but in UNIUYO you've to pay from 1k to 2k according to how late you were.

After you've scaled through this hurdle and finally go for screening... much more surprises awaits you.

This is why I always fantasize becoming a lecturer or working in the university.

These people are unknown business gurus.
that one na small,unijos acceptance fee is 30k

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways Nigerian Universities Defraud Students by Ghyft(f): 9:27am On Dec 19, 2014
lookingfly:
that one na small,unijos acceptance fee is 30k
Uniben-45K
Re: 5 Ways Nigerian Universities Defraud Students by Rapmoney(m): 9:28am On Dec 19, 2014
Ghyft:
no idea about this.

just so you know,Uniben acceptance fee is 45K...yeah..that bad

Sister, how ur side? How's life?
Re: 5 Ways Nigerian Universities Defraud Students by Damsman10(m): 9:29am On Dec 19, 2014
"2. Acceptance fee: Accepting or rejecting admission should be done simply through written letter or any other form that can act as a formal notification. Collecting 5k to 10k (don't know if that's the current fee) as acceptance fee is fraudulent! I often wonder why students pay to accept an admission offer"

some schools even ask for abt 60K

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways Nigerian Universities Defraud Students by herald9: 9:29am On Dec 19, 2014
OsoDupe:
Dont mind them, thieves, there is this scratch card I was given when I paid one of such money, I kept it, some years later I decided to see the usefulness of it, d site written on it does not even exist not to talk of using the scratch card.

Which school is this? shocked
Re: 5 Ways Nigerian Universities Defraud Students by Igbins12(f): 9:32am On Dec 19, 2014
herald9:
When it comes to extorting money from students... Uniuyo is second to nonecheesy

UNIUYO is 15k.

Most universities release their second admission list free of charge... but in UNIUYO you've to pay from 1k to 2k according to how late you were.

After you've scaled through this hurdle and finally go for screening... much more surprises awaits you.

This is why I always fantasize becoming a lecturer or working in the university.

Just 15k Uniben's acceptance fee is 45k.
Re: 5 Ways Nigerian Universities Defraud Students by mystmoze(m): 9:34am On Dec 19, 2014
Rapmoney:
October, 2014 made it 8 years I successfully graduated from the university. I still vividly remember some of those unnecessary fees, dues and levies we had to pay in order to obtain that 'overrated paper' called certificate wink The truth is that most of these fees paid by university undergraduates are highly defrauding. I don't know if some of them still exist or if more have been added to the ones I have always known of. Here we go:

1. Accreditation fee: What the heck does this mean? Instead of sincerely apologizing to me for collecting money from me as tuition fee, when the university or department I have been admitted to lacks legality, how dare you turn around and ask me to fund the accreditation exercise? Nigerian universities would not use money collected as accreditation fees from students to purchase facilities that would aid academic and scholastic pursuits. The monies end up in private pockets. Prof. Ezekwe should rot in hell grin

2. Acceptance fee: Accepting or rejecting admission should be done simply through written letter or any other form that can act as a formal notification. Collecting 5k to 10k (don't know if that's the current fee) as acceptance fee is fraudulent! I often wonder why students pay to accept an admission offer

3. Students' Affairs dues: Another fraudulent fee! What does this department do? Students' affairs units in our universities are not relevant to the socio-economic issues students face on daily basis on campus. All through my days in the Ivory Tower, I was a fervent payer of Students' Affairs dues yet I fought all my problems myself what ever form they came. So what does our money do as dues? A student who couldn't pay medical bills was allowed to suffer, yet a fervent payer like myself.

4. Post UME forms and Scratch Cards: Why sell forms or cards when you know the capacity of the school will not be able to accommodate the teeming youths seeking for admission? This is fraudulent. Nigerian universities lower their cut-off marks just to attract desperate candidates. They need people to purchase cards and forms when in essence, these people won't even see or touch the school's matric gown for that academic session. Jambites, next time a friend tells you that Migwor University or University of Vrendo accepts 150 as cut-off mark, you might just be one of the steps on the ladder for that university to make serious money!

5. In all, selling of handouts, unnecessary and low-standard books to students, useless old rusted machines in faculties of Engineering, old and outdated computers in Computer Science dept. are all fraud! That's why we have been producing elect/elect Engineers that cannot connect lamp-holder, talk less of manufacturing wrist-watch cheesy

Pls, feel free to add yours.
i just enta de system at bsu and my account is already crying fowlcry
Re: 5 Ways Nigerian Universities Defraud Students by mystmoze(m): 9:37am On Dec 19, 2014
Rapmoney:

If u pay 45k as acceptance fee, school fee come be how much?
fear kash me o

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways Nigerian Universities Defraud Students by Igbins12(f): 9:37am On Dec 19, 2014
Jennimma:

12k for non-indigenes,10k for indigenes

Its actualy 46k for first year students.
Re: 5 Ways Nigerian Universities Defraud Students by herald9: 9:38am On Dec 19, 2014
Igbins12:

Just 15k Uniben's acceptance fee is 45k.

And the school fees is 10k and 12k...add all up is 55k and 57k for everything...

Meanwhile Uniuyo acceptance and school fees is up to 65k 100lvl....other hidden charges non-inclusive.
Re: 5 Ways Nigerian Universities Defraud Students by Ghyft(f): 9:39am On Dec 19, 2014
Rapmoney:

Sister, how ur side? How's life?
life is good..how are you?
Re: 5 Ways Nigerian Universities Defraud Students by Kidstell: 9:39am On Dec 19, 2014
For Matric gown, i paid 2500 yet when i went to collect the gown, i was told they ran out of gowns, they offered me the cap which i rejected because if u lost it you will pay 10,000 fine.
Convocation gown, i paid 4,000. The school knew quite well that batch c corpers were to leave for camp on the 4th of nov. Yet that was the date they chose for convocation... Who lose... Students of course

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways Nigerian Universities Defraud Students by Nobody: 9:46am On Dec 19, 2014
Jennimma:

12k for non-indigenes,10k for indigenes

Which Uniben b DAT are u sure u are a student indigenes ko farmer ni.. msheeeew
Re: 5 Ways Nigerian Universities Defraud Students by Igbins12(f): 9:53am On Dec 19, 2014
herald9:

And the school fees is 10k and 12k...add all up is 55k and 57k for everything...

Meanwhile Uniuyo acceptance and school fees is up to 65k 100lvl....other hidden charges non-inclusive.

You think, that 12k is for 2nd year students and above. 1st years pay 45k acceptance fee, 46k school fee altogether 91k. Thats what i paid and it's minus all the money you pay for files, receipts, dept and faculty dues..... etc etc
Re: 5 Ways Nigerian Universities Defraud Students by vonn(f): 9:55am On Dec 19, 2014
herald9:

Re: 5 Ways Nigerian Universities Defraud Students by vonn(f): 9:56am On Dec 19, 2014
herald9:

Well, I'll kip mentioning u till u learn.

I know u read my previous comments..... You're just being.....
Stop comparing Uniuyo with Uniben.
45000(acceptance) + 49500(sch fees)= 94500(100lvl)....'other hidden charges non-inclusive'

This is for Sciences.
Igbin12 jx told u bout arts.

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways Nigerian Universities Defraud Students by iswallker(m): 9:58am On Dec 19, 2014
Acceptance fee here in funaab is 45k...op should update his info..
Re: 5 Ways Nigerian Universities Defraud Students by peterpaulis(m): 10:04am On Dec 19, 2014
EddyNumerouno:
I still dont think i can understand acceptance fees in the next 20 years

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways Nigerian Universities Defraud Students by Lovexme(m): 10:23am On Dec 19, 2014
The one that irks me the most is the Acceptance fee. I mean, why should I pay to accept an admission I knowingly applied for? That's robbery by trickery (in their own case, foolishness) lipsrsealed

Uniben increase theirs every year. My bro paid close to 50k for it angry
Re: 5 Ways Nigerian Universities Defraud Students by Teeboi4real(m): 12:49pm On Dec 19, 2014
What of NHIS fee and clinick fee are they not thesame? Studnt hand book etc all these are rubish
Re: 5 Ways Nigerian Universities Defraud Students by Strongfaze(m): 12:59pm On Dec 19, 2014
The worst is that so called ACCEPTANCE FEE! Honestly, the whole fibres of my being rejected it the very day i heard it. How will someone pay to show that he/she has accepted the admission? I'm not surprised because Late Fela had said it all-when government want to eat money, they use big english. That fee has to be scrapped! #i did not pay that during my own time#

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways Nigerian Universities Defraud Students by seyirock(m): 1:07pm On Dec 19, 2014
FUTA

change of course=#10,000

acceptance fee=#45,000

school fee=#83,900 + one tablet.

Can u imagine?.
Re: 5 Ways Nigerian Universities Defraud Students by naijaboiy: 1:16pm On Dec 19, 2014
herald9:

UNIUYO is 15k.

Hahaha...UNIUYO na big learners for where UNIBEN dey.

Acceptance fee is 65k for medical students and 45k for other students.

This does not include school fee which is 12k for indigenes and 14k for non-indigenes.
Re: 5 Ways Nigerian Universities Defraud Students by chuksey1(m): 1:40pm On Dec 19, 2014
vonn:

My dear, what level are you in or have you graduated?

Cos right nw, sch fees for Arts(except 100lvl) is 12k.
Sch fees for sci(except 100l) is 14k.

Oh I see. Graduated in 2011 buh my broda in law pays 10k

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why The Discrimination Between Hnd Holders And Bsc Holders / Sudan Conflict: 1,262 Nigerian Students Demand Evacuation, 330 Residents Killed / Nairaland Interschool Debate Semi Finals: Winner:: Unilorin:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.