Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,769 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:09 PM

Political Heavyweights Who Dumped Jonathan After Winning 2011 Election For Him - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Political Heavyweights Who Dumped Jonathan After Winning 2011 Election For Him (4169 Views)

Patience And Goodluck Jonathan After Church Service In Bayelsa (pic) / Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat / Dangote Visits Jonathan After Signing Refinery Loan Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Political Heavyweights Who Dumped Jonathan After Winning 2011 Election For Him by donphilopus: 2:28pm On Dec 17, 2014
Murtala Nyako

The erstwhile Governor of Adamawa State, Navy Admiral Murtala Nyako (Rtd) was one of the People who campaigned for Jonathan's Re-election in 2011. Today he has dumped him for another Party.

The Governor, in the course of campaigning for the President once denied Opposition Presidential Candidates (Buhari in particular) Campaign Venues. He frustrated Buhari's Campaign in Adamawa State, in 2011. The then CPC Candidate was also denied the use of the Presidential Lodge in the city of Yola. Today, the Governor has dumbed Jonathan.

The governor of Adamawa state, Murtala Nyanko, is doing much to frustrate presidential candidates campaigning in the state.

SaharaReporters learnt that the retired navy admiral Nyanko refused access to open space in the state capital to Gen. Muhamadu Buhari, the candidate of the Congress of Progressive Change.

The retired general, who has a mass following in the northern parts of Nigeria had to hold his rally in the outskirts of Yola.

Prior to Buhari's arrival, PDP thugs loyal to the governor had torn down most of his posters and billboards around the state capital.

For the greater part of the day, Gen. Buhari was also denied the use of the presidential lodge in the city of Yola.  As a former head of state, Buhari is entitled to the use of the lodge in any state of the federation. The Governor also rebuffed requests by Buhari to make a courtesy visit to his office.

http://saharareporters.com/2011/03/10/adamawa-gov-denies-campaign-venues-candidate-buhari

Adebayo Alao-Akala

The Former Governor of Oyo State was one of the people who made Jonathan's Victory in the SW during the 2011 Election Possible. He was present at most of Jonathan's Campaigns in the SW then, but today, he's no longer with them. He has since pitched tent with the Labour Party after he was denied his Party's Governorship Ticket in Oyo State.

Nigeria's President, Dr.Goodluck Jonathan continued his campaign ahead of the April 2011 general election and his point of campaign on Tuesday was the acient city of Ibadan,the political capital of South-west Nigeria.

The President who was in-company of former President, Olusegun Obasanjo and Gov.Alao Akala of Oyo state promised that the ruling party will ensure all the states in the South-west including Lagos is wrestled from the hands of "Rascals".

President Jonathan noted that as the commercial centre of Nigeria, Lagos is too important to be left in the hands of rascals and that the PDP will take control of the state come April.
"Lagos is a commercial centre and the ruling party must control the state. We will take over Ekiti, Osun and Ondo States. Before 2015, we will take over the South West. South West is too educated and civilized to be left in the hands of rascals".he said.

http://www.enownow.com/news/story.php?sno=8386

http://www.punchng.com/news/alao-akala-dumps-pdp-for-lp/
Re: Political Heavyweights Who Dumped Jonathan After Winning 2011 Election For Him by donphilopus: 2:28pm On Dec 17, 2014
Abubakar Bukola Saraki, Abdulfatah Ahmed, Bolaji Abdullahi and others

The former Governor of Kwara State, Bukola Saraki; his Successor, Abdulfatah Ahmed; and the ex-Minister of Sports, Bolaji Abdullahi; alongside Olusola Saraki made Jonathan's 2011 victory in Kwara State possible. Without these people, Jonathan wouldn't have emerged winner in Kwara State at the 2011 Presidential election. Today, they're no longer with him.

Abdullahi was sacked by the President due to the politicking in Kwara, the home state of Mr. Abdullahi. Mr. Abdullahi was first appointed Minister of Youth Development in 2011 and later asked to supervise the Sports Ministry. He was appointed substantive minister of sports in May 2012. He was nominated as minister by Ex-Kwara State governor, Bukola Saraki. Mr. Saraki who had initially shown interest in challenging Mr. Jonathan for the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, presidential ticket in 2011 was a major supporter of Mr. Jonathan during the 2011 elections. He, however, recently joined the opposition All Progressives Congress, APC, along with his supporters in Kwara including the state governor, Abdulfatah Ahmed; and has since been a critic of the Jonathan administration.

http://www.persecondnews.com/index.php/columnist/item/1638-former-sports-minister-bolaji-abdullahi-dumps-pdp-for-apc

Danjuma Goje

The former Governor of Gombe State, Senator Danjuma Goje alongside 10 other Senators recently dumped PDP for the APC. With the influence of Goje, Jonathan was able to poll 37.7% of the votes from Gombe State. I wonder how many % of the votes he (GEJ) would be able to poll Gombe without Political Heavyweights like Goje in Gombe.

www.thisdaylive.com/articles/finally-saraki-goje-abe-eight-senators-join-apc/170100/
Re: Political Heavyweights Who Dumped Jonathan After Winning 2011 Election For Him by donphilopus: 2:29pm On Dec 17, 2014
Rotimi Amaechi, Magnus Abe, Wilson Ake

These are the Political Heavyweights from Rivers who supported Jonathan's re-election in 2011, but no longer with him. Jonathan was able to poll 1.8m votes, representing 98.04% of the total vote casts in the State. Even if Jonathan would win Rivers State come 2015, would he be able to garner up to 98% of the total votes without Political Heavyweights like Amaechi?! Definitely NO.

Former President Olusegun Obasanjo

If not for the support of Obasanjo, Jonathan wouldn't have scaled through the party primaries, let alone winning General Election. Obasanjo single-handedly facilitated Jonathan's victory at the PDP Primaries. Obasanjo vigorously campaigned for GEJ in 2012, but today they're just like cat and rat. The open letter saga is still fresh in our mind. Can GEJ do without Obasanjo?!

Lest I forget, Obasanjo is still in the PDP, but Jonathan no longer enjoys the Support he used to enjoy from him in 2011.
Re: Political Heavyweights Who Dumped Jonathan After Winning 2011 Election For Him by donphilopus: 2:29pm On Dec 17, 2014
Wamakko, Tambuwal

Wamakko alongside 4 other Governors (G-5) had earlier dumped the PDP for APC. With his influence, GEJ was able to garner 34% of the total votes cast in Sokoto during the 2011 Presidential Elections. Presently, with the defection of Wamakko and Tambuwal, Sokoto is 85% opposition. Will GEJ be able to poll the required 25% votes from there?!

Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso

Almost all his supporters defected to the opposition with him. Even when GEJ couldn't win Kano in 2011, with people like kwankwaso who is believed to have cult-followership facilitated Jonathan's 16.5% Votes. Though we all know Buhari controls Kano.

Shekarau would have been a plus to PDP, but since his supporters didn't decamp to the PDP with him, then there's nothing to worry about. GEJ may be lucky to get up to 5% of the votes from Kano come next year.
Re: Political Heavyweights Who Dumped Jonathan After Winning 2011 Election For Him by donphilopus: 2:30pm On Dec 17, 2014
Other Heavyweights who dumped Jonathan are ex-Governor of Bayelsa State, Timipre Sylva; former PDP National Chairmen, Barnabas Gemade and Kawu Baraje; former VP, Atiku Abubakar; former Minister of State for Works, Engr Chris Ogiemwonyi; former Governors Segun Oni, Olagunsoye Oyinlola of Ekiti and Osun respectively; ex-Governor of Nasarawa, Abdulahi Adamu; Senator Ali Ndume and others.

PS: You can add to the list. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Political Heavyweights Who Dumped Jonathan After Winning 2011 Election For Him by 9jatriot(m): 2:38pm On Dec 17, 2014
In another news, over 80% of the 22.5million Nigerians who voted for him have also dumped him. These are the real heavy weight and the most important.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Political Heavyweights Who Dumped Jonathan After Winning 2011 Election For Him by Flets: 2:38pm On Dec 17, 2014
Lol...... who made them heavy weights? The heavy weights are the Nigerian people. And come Feb 2015, we shall be sending the 72 year old extremist to his cattle farm in katsina state.

9 Likes

Re: Political Heavyweights Who Dumped Jonathan After Winning 2011 Election For Him by masinga07(m): 2:40pm On Dec 17, 2014
Rubbish talk. Akala helped GEJ to win in 2011 but lost his own election right? with or without Akala, we will still vote for GEJ in 2015 in oyo state. u can keep dat in ur diary

5 Likes

Re: Political Heavyweights Who Dumped Jonathan After Winning 2011 Election For Him by kestolove95(m): 2:41pm On Dec 17, 2014
even tinubu nd fashola wia wit Gej in 2011 bt now hmmmmmn am sowie for gej if he can buy dix guyx again

3 Likes

Re: Political Heavyweights Who Dumped Jonathan After Winning 2011 Election For Him by donphilopus: 2:42pm On Dec 17, 2014
CC:

Berem, raumdeuter, Obiagelli, jomoh, egift, Sirshymex, caseless, clerverly arewafederation OrlandoOwoh Soroptimist keneking pendy79 Gbawe, kel4soft, neenar,egift, arewafederation, Egbagirl, Sweetlemon , barcanista, desola , demdem, kokoA whitecat007 ,keneking ,lakpalakpa, omenka, ShehuAba , omenka , Rawani, tribaleast, kolaaderin soroptimist, Mynd44, ngeneukwenu, nduchucks, lacasa, pendy79, Pendy179, Omerta ilugunboy, naptu2, aussie, OAM4J, gbawe2, joseph1013, Olayinka8793, diluminati, tundeajani, laykorn,medamillion brimmie
Re: Political Heavyweights Who Dumped Jonathan After Winning 2011 Election For Him by Nobody: 2:46pm On Dec 17, 2014
9jatriot:
In another news, over 80% of the 22.5million Nigerians who voted for him have also dumped him. These are the real heavy weight and the most important.
Gbam

7 Likes

Re: Political Heavyweights Who Dumped Jonathan After Winning 2011 Election For Him by Disclaimer: 2:51pm On Dec 17, 2014
You think they dumped him? Wait till 2015.

1 Like

Re: Political Heavyweights Who Dumped Jonathan After Winning 2011 Election For Him by donphilopus: 2:52pm On Dec 17, 2014
9jatriot:

Jonathan is on his own. Just waiting for February 14th to 'angrily' vote him out. He has overstayed his welcome!

3 Likes

Re: Political Heavyweights Who Dumped Jonathan After Winning 2011 Election For Him by donphilopus: 2:54pm On Dec 17, 2014
Disclaimer:
You think they dumped him? Wait till 2015.

Stop giving him a false hope!

1 Like

Re: Political Heavyweights Who Dumped Jonathan After Winning 2011 Election For Him by omowolewa: 3:16pm On Dec 17, 2014
That may not stop GEJ from winning, it may only give him a good run for his money.

1 Like

Re: Political Heavyweights Who Dumped Jonathan After Winning 2011 Election For Him by Caseless: 3:18pm On Dec 17, 2014
Nigerians who voted him out of mistake last time have left him too.
Re: Political Heavyweights Who Dumped Jonathan After Winning 2011 Election For Him by OrlandoOwoh(m): 3:22pm On Dec 17, 2014
I campaigned and voted for him in 2011, I've now dumped him for CHANGE.

3 Likes

Re: Political Heavyweights Who Dumped Jonathan After Winning 2011 Election For Him by donphilopus: 3:30pm On Dec 17, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:

I know so many people (not top politicians) who campaigned and voted him in 2011. But today, those people are no more with him. Come next year, my 2011 vote would be subtracted from Ribadu's vote and added to that of Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Political Heavyweights Who Dumped Jonathan After Winning 2011 Election For Him by OtunbaJega: 3:50pm On Dec 17, 2014
I didnt vote for him & will not
Re: Political Heavyweights Who Dumped Jonathan After Winning 2011 Election For Him by donphilopus: 4:02pm On Dec 17, 2014
Caseless:
Nigerians who voted him out of mistake last time have left him too.

So many Nigerians have deserted him. Many people mistakenly voted him in 2011, and have mistakenly left him now. He's now on his own.
Re: Political Heavyweights Who Dumped Jonathan After Winning 2011 Election For Him by laurel03(m): 4:03pm On Dec 17, 2014
GMB me and my family will vote 4 u

2 Likes

Re: Political Heavyweights Who Dumped Jonathan After Winning 2011 Election For Him by jumu: 4:26pm On Dec 17, 2014
few uneducated people will vote for gej in ss/se

1 Like

Re: Political Heavyweights Who Dumped Jonathan After Winning 2011 Election For Him by donphilopus: 4:38pm On Dec 17, 2014
jumu:
few uneducated people will vote for gej in ss/se

You're on point though. I was surprised when some guys were telling me that GEJ would win a free, fair and credible Presidential Election come 2015. I was trying to let them know how GEJ would lose, but they were not ready to learn. After I tried everything humanly possible to educate them, I showed them the 2011 Presidential Election Result, listed the names of people who dumped GEJ after the 2011 Elections and some other stuffs. One of the guys later agreed that it would be tough for GEJ "but anyhow, anyhow, he would win". cheesy
Re: Political Heavyweights Who Dumped Jonathan After Winning 2011 Election For Him by Nobody: 6:47pm On Dec 17, 2014
donphilopus:

You're on point though. I was surprised when some guys were telling me that GEJ would win a free, fair and credible Presidential Election come 2015. I was trying to let them know how GEJ would lose, but they were not ready to learn. After I tried everything humanly possible to educate them, I showed them the 2011 Presidential Election Result, listed the names of people who dumped GEJ after the 2011 Elections and some other stuffs. One of the guys later agreed that it would be tough for GEJ "but anyhow, anyhow, he would win". cheesy

if you once had a girlfriend and she made you a billionaire, and later started dating someone else, will you say she made you a billionaire and dumped you? or you became a billionaire and dumped her?.
Re: Political Heavyweights Who Dumped Jonathan After Winning 2011 Election For Him by Nobody: 7:28pm On Dec 17, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
Same way I have dump the then ACN=APC. Because of aregbe... Very useless and never listen to others ideas... He has already ruin the state acct and he is currently ruining the state party
Yet some think osun na APC ground

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Maryln Ogar Demoted, Recalled From Study Leave / Calling On The Intending BIAFRA'S And Associates To See This. / N400m Fraud: EFCC To Quiz New Ooni Of Ife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.