Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,728 members, 7,805,986 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:44 AM

Fraudsters Are Using Airtel NG To Scam Airtel Users - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Fraudsters Are Using Airtel NG To Scam Airtel Users (1693 Views)

Airtel Users Get 400mb For Free / Using Airtel Blackberry Subscription On A Smartphone / Airtel Ng Officially Launches New Blackberry Plans. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fraudsters Are Using Airtel NG To Scam Airtel Users by Alfred234(m): 3:01pm On Dec 17, 2014
I got this message this morning and i thought it came from Airtel because d sender was Airtel NG but after reading it i noticed it was a scam. My fellow Nairalanders pls beware of this scam!!!

1 Like

Re: Fraudsters Are Using Airtel NG To Scam Airtel Users by just2endowed: 6:17pm On Dec 17, 2014
this is serious, front page things.
Re: Fraudsters Are Using Airtel NG To Scam Airtel Users by moneymaker24(m): 1:37am On Dec 18, 2014
Chai! Naija i dey hail o. Dem dey find xmas money by all means possible.
Re: Fraudsters Are Using Airtel NG To Scam Airtel Users by menesheh(m): 2:00am On Dec 18, 2014
Alfred234:
I got this message this morning and i thought it came from Airtel because d sender was Airtel NG but after reading it i noticed it was a scam. My fellow Nairalanders pls beware of this scam!!!

Explain more how they scammed you

This pics didn't represent anything
Re: Fraudsters Are Using Airtel NG To Scam Airtel Users by Alfred234(m): 9:04am On Dec 18, 2014
menesheh:

Explain more how they scammed you

This pics didn't represent anything

Network providers don't send you messages to call them when you win something they will b the one to call you and besides i called customer care to confirm the message and it turned out to be false. The only thing that suprised me was how the scammers was able to use Airtel NG to send the message.
Re: Fraudsters Are Using Airtel NG To Scam Airtel Users by vodacom: 10:58am On Dec 18, 2014
Alfred234:

Network providers don't send you messages to call them when you win something they will b the one to call you and besides i called customer care to confirm the message and it turned out to be false. The only thing that suprised me was how the scammers was able to use Airtel NG to send the message.
They use Airtel NG because of they own bulk sms sites and they put it in place of display name. Haven't you wonder why some sms you receive contain names instead of phone number.

(1) (Reply)

Can MTN BB Subscription Work On My Infinix Hot Note? / GLO Gives 800% Bonus And Free Data To New Subscribers / Help: Zte Lte Usb Modem Model Mf831

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.