Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,925 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:33 AM

Why I Withdrew From Vice Presidential Race- Bola Tinubu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Withdrew From Vice Presidential Race- Bola Tinubu (35923 Views)

Vice Presidential Debate Has Started. LIVE UPDATES / APC Withdrew From Presidential Debate To Save Buhari From Shame — Okupe / Tambuwal: I Withdrew From Presidential Race In The Larger Interest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Withdrew From Vice Presidential Race- Bola Tinubu by doctokwus: 5:35pm On Dec 17, 2014
I never liked tinubu bc of his imperial like tendencies, but this speech is moving. Whether it comes from his heart or not is immaterial, d fact is that a strong stalwart in Nigerian politics has come out publicly to endorse candidates of his party.
Dis doesn't luk gud for d PDP bc in a part of d speech, asiwaju specifically stated openly dt it was d religious plot played by d PDP dt subtly denied him of d VP ticket. He wud thus use all his clout to try to ensure PDP is defeated.

4 Likes

Re: Why I Withdrew From Vice Presidential Race- Bola Tinubu by sanmibukunmi: 5:35pm On Dec 17, 2014
ideology:

Childish politics you say....but u forget Motivation has a lot to do with politics..check out d way Cameron gives speech in d house of commons..Gej has been in power for six years, he has not in any way tried to motivate his audience wen given a speech.....his carraige in Zero.

5 Likes

Re: Why I Withdrew From Vice Presidential Race- Bola Tinubu by moufan: 5:35pm On Dec 17, 2014
nice patriotic move from tinubu
Re: Why I Withdrew From Vice Presidential Race- Bola Tinubu by sanmibukunmi: 5:35pm On Dec 17, 2014
ideology:

Childish politics you say....but u forget Motivation has a lot to do with politics..check out d way Cameron gives speech in d house of commons..Gej has been in power for six years, he has not in any way tried to motivate his audience wen given a speech.....his carraige in Zero.now tell me how u will instill confidence back into ur ppl if u can't gear dm up with ur words or ur carriage??

1 Like

Re: Why I Withdrew From Vice Presidential Race- Bola Tinubu by Nobody: 5:37pm On Dec 17, 2014
espn:
dat question should be directed to jonathan who has all d resources in his disposal to reduce d level of poverty in Nigeria.. all he asked for was 1billion dollars to fight d insurgency he caused.mGod is watching.
I shouldn't be responding to you but posterity will hold it against me if I don't help cure your disease of ignorance. I don't know how old you are but I assume since you can log onto the internet you must be at least 10 years old. A ten years old kid knows Jonathan didn't cause any insurgency but is fighting it instead though be hasn't won yet but will. Insurgency in Nigeria has a fairly long history though it may appear it's a recent development. Let me not knock off your little brain with history so you would celebrate Christmas in one piece.
Secondly, Jonathan as a president has been doing his utmost to create jobs for the teemig youth of this country. His policies both in the agric, automotive, education sectors and even at the SMEs level has done much to reduce poverty. Now what has your state governor done to ensure your elder brothers and sisters get jobs?
Re: Why I Withdrew From Vice Presidential Race- Bola Tinubu by sanmibukunmi: 5:38pm On Dec 17, 2014
anonimi:

Based on words ONLY
Without checking if the words align with ACTIONS done in the past or recently? shocked

No wonder any Tom, Dic'k & Harry wey carry broom dey call imself "progressive" angry

For how long shall we remain MUGUS?
ℓ☺ℓ......Whether you like it or not words are very important in Politics...I have never been a fan of Tinubu but I have always admired his words...dt doesn't mean I vote for him...got it

2 Likes

Re: Why I Withdrew From Vice Presidential Race- Bola Tinubu by angelsing(m): 5:40pm On Dec 17, 2014
stal:
I have a very good respect for tinubu. This writeup is a masterpiece. My only reservation for him is his religious insensitivity in allowing Muslims taking major position in his party while marginalising other religions. This move alone make apc appear as people tag it. Imagine majority of top shot in Lagos state civil service are moslems. Why are the other religion marginalized. Anyway I wish him well in his next endeavor
Abeg carry ur religious bigotry to ur state jare....This is what the present administration has done to this country

5 Likes

Re: Why I Withdrew From Vice Presidential Race- Bola Tinubu by knightsTempler: 5:41pm On Dec 17, 2014
Whatever Tinubu!!! We all know why you stepped down for Osibanjo, you had majority of the APC governor and the inner caucus of the party against you and even your close pal such as Fashola and co were all against you presenting yourself for VP slot. So don't make it look as if you willingly gave the post of the VP to the Proff.

Whatever is the case, APC won't win come 2015. If Buhari like let him pick Jesus Christ as his running mate. It will all end in failure.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Withdrew From Vice Presidential Race- Bola Tinubu by agabusta: 5:42pm On Dec 17, 2014
stal:
I have a very good respect for tinubu. This writeup is a masterpiece. My only reservation for him is his religious insensitivity in allowing Muslims taking major position in his party while marginalising other religions. This move alone make apc appear as people tag it. Imagine majority of top shot in Lagos state civil service are moslems. Why are the other religion marginalized. Anyway I wish him well in his next endeavor

A large chunk of indigenous Lagos peeps are moslems. So also is the case in Oyo and Osun. And if you check, you'll see that their civil service will reflect this as well.

4 Likes

Re: Why I Withdrew From Vice Presidential Race- Bola Tinubu by Soleymania(m): 5:43pm On Dec 17, 2014
Change is all we want. Lets experience another team...........
Re: Why I Withdrew From Vice Presidential Race- Bola Tinubu by GboyegaD(m): 5:49pm On Dec 17, 2014
stal:

The question is how many Christians engage in real politics? He can only move those that show interest and not just anyone for the sake of religion.

1 Like

Re: Why I Withdrew From Vice Presidential Race- Bola Tinubu by Delafruita(m): 5:49pm On Dec 17, 2014
abbey621:

You have good intentions but you sound a little naive. How can you hope to stop PDP by voting for someone that can't possibly win? Why not support the opposition? At this point anything other than PDP is worth trying, unless we want to deceive ourselves, the election is between PDP and APC, one represents the same mediocre governance since 1999 and the other a slim hope for change.
I understand your point but voting is a personal thing.I like the APC but I don't believe in a buhari presidency.I don't think the APC should have limited its options to the north just as I don't think buhari is the best the APC has to offer.I can't vote buhari simply because I want ebele dislodged.I can't vote a candidate I don't believe in.I was hoping the APC will present a fashola as VP at the least.or even amechi or kwakwanso.i'd rather abstain from voting than voting a candidate who doesn't appear to have a clear cut agenda

1 Like

Re: Why I Withdrew From Vice Presidential Race- Bola Tinubu by anonimi: 5:54pm On Dec 17, 2014
sanmibukunmi:

ℓ☺ℓ......Whether you like it or not words are very important in Politics...I have never been a fan of Tinubu but I have always admired his words...dt doesn't mean I vote for him...got it

I quite agree with you that words and more importantly the talent for making fine speeches counts for a lot in the profile of a good POLITICIAN. That is one of the weak points of Jonathan.

However words ALONE should never be enough as we the ever VIGILANTE citizens need to verify if those words, no matter how finely strung together they may be, do make sense when taken into consideration with the ACTIONS of the speaker.

BTW, many thanks for your light-hearted response.
Greatly appreciated!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Withdrew From Vice Presidential Race- Bola Tinubu by MaziOmenuko: 5:55pm On Dec 17, 2014
The religion of the PDP is POVERTY

- Classic

5 Likes

Re: Why I Withdrew From Vice Presidential Race- Bola Tinubu by Larriekay: 5:55pm On Dec 17, 2014
APContherun:

I shouldn't be responding to you but posterity will hold it against me if I don't help cure your disease of ignorance. I don't know how old you are but I assume since you can log onto the internet you must be at least 10 years old. A ten years old kid knows Jonathan didn't cause any insurgency but is fighting it instead though be hasn't won yet but will. Insurgency in Nigeria has a fairly long history though it may appear it's a recent development. Let me not knock off your little brain with history so you would celebrate Christmas in one piece.
Secondly, Jonathan as a president has been doing his utmost to create jobs for the teemig youth of this country. His policies both in the agric, automotive, education sectors and even at the SMEs level has done much to reduce poverty. Now what has your state governor done to ensure your elder brothers and sisters get jobs?
stop b eing sentimental, gen Azazi said "Pdp =BH n BH=Pdd. He was killed shortly after dt. Henry mention Gej for oct 1 2010 abuja bombing too. Jona himself said he knw d BH in his govt. So are u telling me jona doesn't hav anytin to do wit BH? Pls do ur findings bro.
Re: Why I Withdrew From Vice Presidential Race- Bola Tinubu by espn(m): 5:55pm On Dec 17, 2014
APContherun:

and where is the result? Just tell me what he has done? U joke!
Re: Why I Withdrew From Vice Presidential Race- Bola Tinubu by Nobody: 5:56pm On Dec 17, 2014
akpanoka:
Tinubu sounds bittered. Read between d lines

Meanwhile, Amaechi and co should be careful, Tinubu will slide them when he has d chance. They're responsible for his crash

You are a sensible man my brother! Amaechi, Saraki and El rufai should watch their backs cos this is a declaration of war on them. The battle had just begun!

Are these the people that say they are not power-hungry?

Watch out for part II...

1 Like

Re: Why I Withdrew From Vice Presidential Race- Bola Tinubu by laimo(m): 5:58pm On Dec 17, 2014
Jagaban of the universe.

Political juggernaut per excellence.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Withdrew From Vice Presidential Race- Bola Tinubu by anonimi: 5:58pm On Dec 17, 2014
akpanoka:
Tinubu sounds bittered. Read between d lines

Meanwhile, Amaechi and co should be careful, Tinubu will slide them when he has d chance. They're responsible for his crash

You are a very observant reader.
Kudos!

1 Like

Re: Why I Withdrew From Vice Presidential Race- Bola Tinubu by obynoses(m): 5:59pm On Dec 17, 2014
Stories dt refuses to touch even sycophants. So bihari really gv slot to a Muslim? I cnt beliv dz. Ooh! U guys wanna turn dz country to a sharia state kwo? Okey.o thank God it Neva happened cos I wud hv voted PDP. But wait.oooo how come u r saying "APC might win" no longer "APC will or must win"? Hmmmm tinubu u r withdrawing ur interest in this game.o....Let's watch out how one eyed man will win?

3 Likes

Re: Why I Withdrew From Vice Presidential Race- Bola Tinubu by Atouke: 6:06pm On Dec 17, 2014
Now that Pa buhari has rejected the Asiwaju of youruba land as his VP, he should get ready to lose the SW votes. What an ingrate Pa Buhari has turned out to be for all the labour of tinubu in APC only for him to be disgraced by Pa Buhari.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Withdrew From Vice Presidential Race- Bola Tinubu by codedguy1(m): 6:06pm On Dec 17, 2014
knightsTempler:
Whatever Tinubu!!! We all know why you stepped down for Osibanjo, you had majority of the APC governor and the inner caucus of the party against you and even your close pal such as Fashola and co were all against you presenting yourself for VP slot. So don't make it look as if you willingly gave the post of the VP to the Proff.

Whatever is the case, APC won't win come 2015. If Buhari like let him pick Jesus Christ as his running mate. It will all end in failure.

My sentiments exactly!

Buhari no even send/consider the muslim/muslim controversial angle, he offered the position to Tinubu.

Tinubu himself knows/knew that if he accepted the VP slot APC will die faster than expected, because even if they disregarded the controversy the muslim/muslim ticket would bring, Fashola would still have been a better candidate than Tinubu.

Tinubu was a no no.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Withdrew From Vice Presidential Race- Bola Tinubu by Atouke: 6:07pm On Dec 17, 2014
Asiwaju toiled so hard to make APC a reality only to be rejected by Gen. Buhari as a VP candidate, what injustice.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why I Withdrew From Vice Presidential Race- Bola Tinubu by Pamcrest(f): 6:07pm On Dec 17, 2014
What's this epistle this Ojuyobo ole is yarning? Who needs a crackhead as VP......d SW funds never do him, he wan graduate his thievery to d national purse. APC is better off picking Osinbajo. But what's my business sef. APC, PDP are identical twins anyway....their ideology is stealing.
My humble submission

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Withdrew From Vice Presidential Race- Bola Tinubu by firstjoe(m): 6:07pm On Dec 17, 2014
story for the gods......that self*sh bast**d, mtcheeew

abegie...comot leg make I pass jhoor
Re: Why I Withdrew From Vice Presidential Race- Bola Tinubu by abbey621(m): 6:10pm On Dec 17, 2014
Delafruita:
I understand your point but voting is a personal thing.I like the APC but I don't believe in a buhari presidency.I don't think the APC should have limited its options to the north just as I don't think buhari is the best the APC has to offer.I can't vote buhari simply because I want ebele dislodged.I can't vote a candidate I don't believe in.I was hoping the APC will present a fashola as VP at the least.or even amechi or kwakwanso.i'd rather abstain from voting than voting a candidate who doesn't appear to have a clear cut agenda

Then my friend you are part of the problem. There's only one thing worse than those who vote for the same party or person and expecting change, that is those who refused to vote. If you don't vote you don't matter, you cannot be an agent of change! I will implore you to reconsider, you might not like Buhari or his choice of a VP but keep in mind this election is much more than that. We have all seen what absolute power does, we all know it corrupts. While I have nothing personal against GEJ, I believe he is just a pawn in his political party. The power that PDP has over Nigerians is overwhelming, it's high time Nigerians taste something different, let's stop being pushovers and reason for once; APC is not perfect, Buhari is not the savior but at this point we must vote PDP out, a political party cannot be greater than the people, impossible!

1 Like

Re: Why I Withdrew From Vice Presidential Race- Bola Tinubu by lakside000: 6:11pm On Dec 17, 2014
Disclaimer:
Story storyyyyy......you withdrew to take the driver's seat. Otey angry angry angryTIFNUBU managing the affairs of APC since childhood. grin grin
and he's managing it well
Re: Why I Withdrew From Vice Presidential Race- Bola Tinubu by Nobody: 6:11pm On Dec 17, 2014
Larriekay:
stop b eing sentimental, gen Azazi said "Pdp =BH n BH=Pdd. He was killed shortly after dt. Henry mention Gej for oct 1 2010 abuja bombing too. Jona himself said he knw d BH in his govt. So are u telling me jona doesn't hav anytin to do wit BH? Pls do ur findings bro.
Does Azazi saying PDP = Book haram means Jonathan caused the insurgency? You see why I said I shouldn't be responding to you? Don't you think you need to do a little research on what Azazi said to help yourself out?
espn:
and where is the result? Just tell me what he has done? U joke!
Check what he has along the Benin-Shagamu rd, check it along the Lagos-Ibadan rd, check it along the Enugu-Abakiliki, Vom-Manchok, Kano-Maiduguri, Sokoto-Tambuwal-Jega rds. You will see what he has done on our rail tracks which are moving people and goods once again. Check the airports you will see them. Go to our tertiary institutions you will see what he has done. If you don't see them come back and let me know.
The President has just launched a Youth Employment in Agriculture Programme to help he youth succeed in agriculture. See how yo can access the fund and make your life better, stop asking g for what he has done. While you asking for what he has done others are improving their lives through he various youth empowerment programmes designed by the FG such as YOUWIN and this one launched yesterday.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Withdrew From Vice Presidential Race- Bola Tinubu by Pamcrest(f): 6:21pm On Dec 17, 2014
Delafruita:

U da bomb! My sentiments exactly. I vote credible individuals, regardless of d party
My humble submission
Re: Why I Withdrew From Vice Presidential Race- Bola Tinubu by BossAyuk: 6:25pm On Dec 17, 2014
anonimi:

And in your TINY world the State House entertainment budget is for feeding just the president ALONE
How do you think the meals, receptions, cocktails etc for visitors are financed?

BTW, would you know the feeding budget of ANY of the 36 states and 774 LGAs that also share the national cake every month
So Mr. Colour Font is not intelligent afterall. I don't have time...I would have shown you proof that there's another budget for that.

You even know that if you're honest. The 1 billion naira is for the fisherman only smiley
Re: Why I Withdrew From Vice Presidential Race- Bola Tinubu by ideology(m): 6:26pm On Dec 17, 2014
sanmibukunmi:

Childish politics you say....but u forget Motivation has a lot to do with politics..check out d way Cameron gives speech in d house of commons..Gej has been in power for six years, he has not in any way tried to motivate his audience wen given a speech.....his carraige in Zero.now tell me how u will instill confidence back into ur ppl if u can't gear dm up with ur words or ur carriage??

I asked you a simple question, na you quote me, what does this thread has to do with Gej.

Your guys like joining issues, i won't be surprised if you have a disagreement with your wife you will call GEJ's name

All these sentiments don't fly where I come from …
We address issues as they are.

Who is Tinubu, is he a saint? can he swear he has not stolen government money before??
Re: Why I Withdrew From Vice Presidential Race- Bola Tinubu by highmood(m): 6:26pm On Dec 17, 2014
I don't think Mr. Tinubu is as thick skin as Mr. President because the FOI bill passed has made so many dick and Harry lash at the president. If it were to be GMB or OBJ heads may have roles.

Religion and Ethnicity plays a huge role in our electoral process today and Tinubu tactical refused it but forgetting that Ethnicity and tribalism clouded his choice else, he should have known that the southeast haven't had a president nor a vice for long. He should have known that the south south, though Goodluck is still in power still need to have a "good" taste of the seat of power. I see this to be a contest between the southeast/southsouth/north versus the southwest/north while religion deciding where more votes swings because even the Professor pastor himself may not stop people from loving the incumbent president

Tinubu said he seek a progressive democratic government....for each to contribute to rescue etc I wonder why he want people to contribute to rescue when APC wins. Had he forgotten he asked the APC members not to attend the national conference, a forum where they would contribute immensely and should how much the love this country. but unfortunately bitterness and hatred for the gentleman in power clouded thier thinking, One thing I know talk do not win election else Rochas, Labaran, Kwankwanso would win the primaries. Its both the rural and urban people votes that will count.
For APC, I only see desperate politicians trying to put a democratic makeup.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria Was Created - NY Times / Governor Diri On Nnamdi Kanu: Gumi Has Become Untouchable / Increase Workers Minimum Wage To N200,000 – TUC Tells FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.