Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,742 members, 7,802,264 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:44 AM

Why I Withdrew From Vice Presidential Race- Bola Tinubu - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Withdrew From Vice Presidential Race- Bola Tinubu (35920 Views)

Vice Presidential Debate Has Started. LIVE UPDATES / APC Withdrew From Presidential Debate To Save Buhari From Shame — Okupe / Tambuwal: I Withdrew From Presidential Race In The Larger Interest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Withdrew From Vice Presidential Race- Bola Tinubu by Kingspin(m): 8:27pm On Dec 17, 2014
donphilopus:
Nice one sir. Tinubu has once again shown to Nigerians that the interest of his party/Nigerians supersedes his personal interest!
Nawoh!
Re: Why I Withdrew From Vice Presidential Race- Bola Tinubu by Nobody: 8:29pm On Dec 17, 2014
I am privileged to have active member in inner circle of APC in osun state
I question him about politics how they run things
Believe it or not Tinubu after obj are the best politics calculatlating machine in our era even dem buahri only command crowd in North cuz of illiteracy plaguing them,
One thing is that Tinubu only agrees to the decision that favors him
Tinubu stepping down is a political calculation... Thinking because he was castigated Daz y.. Itz a big lie... Fhuck with tinubu and APC will crumble back to his feet like obj nearly turn pdp to
Tinubu is too mouthed like cr7 he can't be bench in an eclassico if fit
My uncle make it clear that SW gonna present the deputy itz a glaring fact since time immemorial of APC guess amaechi didn't look before he leap
Tinubu was never interested in both President nd Vp
His godfather role is the bomb for him nd wield power from his home
When he presented Osinbajo many against it then he throw himself into d VP race... When Muslim /muslim ticket is already a no go area with the agreement on ground Tinubu finally was to present d candidate to replace him
All the meeting u keep hearing is just because Osinbajo electoral value is being questioned mind u Tinubu don't install politicians, he install stooges
Osinbajo is already the VP since Sunday
All the meetings na to just try and make changes
Even many APC members believe Fashola /amechi, Fashola /oshiomole ticket is a the best way to move Nigeria forward at this time but politics is about numbers
After possible permutations it will give pdp straight Road to Rome

1 Like

Re: Why I Withdrew From Vice Presidential Race- Bola Tinubu by xklucvG: 8:37pm On Dec 17, 2014
We're looking forward to seeing SouthWestern-ers vote in en masse for APC!
Nice one but try speak like a Nigerian and don't be sectional Nigerians will vote in the right people this time around. Peace and 1 love brother.
Re: Why I Withdrew From Vice Presidential Race- Bola Tinubu by Larriekay: 8:41pm On Dec 17, 2014
APContherun:

Does Azazi saying PDP = Book haram means Jonathan caused the insurgency? You see why I said I shouldn't be responding to you? Don't you think you need to do a little research on what Azazi said to help yourself out? Check what he has along the Benin-Shagamu rd, check it along the Lagos-Ibadan rd, check it along the Enugu-Abakiliki, Vom-Manchok, Kano-Maiduguri, Sokoto-Tambuwal-Jega rds. You will see what he has done on our rail tracks which are moving people and goods once again. Check the airports you will see them. Go to our tertiary institutions you will see what he has done. If you don't see them come back and let me know.
The President has just launched a Youth Employment in Agriculture Programme to help he youth succeed in agriculture. See how yo can access the fund and make your life better, stop asking g for what he has done. While you asking for what he has done others are improving their lives through he various youth empowerment programmes designed by the FG such as YOUWIN and this one launched yesterday.
guy, wats d diff btw jona n pdp? What step did jona take abt Azazi assertion? If I may ask u, wat did jona mean by saying he knws d BH sponsor in his cabinet? Wat prove do guys have to say buhari is boko sponsor? Waiting for ur response
Re: Why I Withdrew From Vice Presidential Race- Bola Tinubu by Larriekay: 8:45pm On Dec 17, 2014
APContherun:

Does Azazi saying PDP = Book haram means Jonathan caused the insurgency? You see why I said I shouldn't be responding to you? Don't you think you need to do a little research on what Azazi said to help yourself out? Check what he has along the Benin-Shagamu rd, check it along the Lagos-Ibadan rd, check it along the Enugu-Abakiliki, Vom-Manchok, Kano-Maiduguri, Sokoto-Tambuwal-Jega rds. You will see what he has done on our rail tracks which are moving people and goods once again. Check the airports you will see them. Go to our tertiary institutions you will see what he has done. If you don't see them come back and let me know.
The President has just launched a Youth Employment in Agriculture Programme to help he youth succeed in agriculture. See how yo can access the fund and make your life better, stop asking g for what he has done. While you asking for what he has done others are improving their lives through he various youth empowerment programmes designed by the FG such as YOUWIN and this one launched yesterday.
obviously, u agree dt azazi said dt. Btw, wat do u mean "why I said I shld nt respond to u" pls defend wat Azazi n Henry okah said. I need points to convince me otherwise mr sage
Re: Why I Withdrew From Vice Presidential Race- Bola Tinubu by seunwen2(m): 9:06pm On Dec 17, 2014
Disclaimer:
This space is not for sale. Trespassers will be percecuted. undecided

u no get sense to say something meaningful??
Re: Why I Withdrew From Vice Presidential Race- Bola Tinubu by ayindejimmy(m): 9:20pm On Dec 17, 2014
LagosStar:

http://saharareporters.com/2014/12/17/why-i-withdrew-vice-presidential-race-bola-tinubu
I must confessed, I'm moved by this Tinubu speech. The V. P slot is a huge opportunity and turning down show a lot. For this, I urge Tinubu to continue on this path to redeem and revitalised whats left of his dented image.
Thank you Tinubu for giving us this indomitable force to unseat this present corrupt system of thing called pdp
Re: Why I Withdrew From Vice Presidential Race- Bola Tinubu by Nobody: 9:31pm On Dec 17, 2014
People shouting for change now will later regret. hmm by the time the real ideology is out. please mark my words.
Re: Why I Withdrew From Vice Presidential Race- Bola Tinubu by ajebuter(f): 9:34pm On Dec 17, 2014
U do well. After stealing several billions, now you are suddenly a patriot, o da be!

I just don't know why I detest this frog-eyed, alligator-skinned ugly man.

This one dey talk, chai.

Wish there is law in this country.
Re: Why I Withdrew From Vice Presidential Race- Bola Tinubu by Delafruita(m): 9:42pm On Dec 17, 2014
abbey621:

Then my friend you are part of the problem. There's only one thing worse than those who vote for the same party or person and expecting change, that is those who refused to vote. If you don't vote you don't matter, you cannot be an agent of change! I will implore you to reconsider, you might not like Buhari or his choice of a VP but keep in mind this election is much more than that. We have all seen what absolute power does, we all know it corrupts. While I have nothing personal against GEJ, I believe he is just a pawn in his political party. The power that PDP has over Nigerians is overwhelming, it's high time Nigerians taste something different, let's stop being pushovers and reason for once; APC is not perfect, Buhari is not the savior but at this point we must vote PDP out, a political party cannot be greater than the people, impossible!
the APC started well.however,I don't and can never support a situation where capability is sacrificed on the altar of ethnopolitical calculations.I agree that ebele is a failure and it was my hope that the APC will damn the consequences andd throw its doors open to competence,vision and a capacity to lead a country in the 21st century.I would have loved to see a fashola as candidate.or a pat utomi,rotimi amaechi,kwankwanso,adams oshiomole and a lot more capable folks.I would have loved a situation where any of those people was allowed to partake in a free and fair primary.if buhari then wins,so be it.but a situation where it is already concluded that the presidential candidate must be northern isn't healthy for our democracy.

If buhari isn't the savious like you say,why should I vote for him?its 2months to the elections and I haven't come across buhari's manifesto.I haven't come across his mission statement neither have I come across his concise plan for this country.its a big disapointment that a lot of folks were hoping he would pick an articulate and energetic individual as running mate.that shows that its already agreed buhari won't necessarily bring the change we desire but it is hoped that his vice will bring the desired energy to his government.I don't like that

1 Like

Re: Why I Withdrew From Vice Presidential Race- Bola Tinubu by myola(m): 9:45pm On Dec 17, 2014
APContherun:

instead of some of our youths to be looking into how they will benefit in most of these programs, they are there fighting Jonathan for buhari and tinubu wey no send them. as we are saying I know some people that benefited from sure-p and youwin. instead of some people to apply for same they will be using their time to defend politicians, I can understand those who dey chop campaign money, what about wey no dey chop shishi?

1 Like

Re: Why I Withdrew From Vice Presidential Race- Bola Tinubu by Militaryzone(m): 10:20pm On Dec 17, 2014
Quote! There are wolves in sheep clothing and
even jackals in wolf’s clothing. I have seen them but
not as residents in some STRANGE ZOO( Oga Jona) lolz. They populate
the halls of this diminished government and the party
from which this government was born.[b]Quote! There are wolves in sheep clothing and
from which this government was born.[/b]Quote! There are wolves in sheep clothing and
from which this government was born.

1 Like

Re: Why I Withdrew From Vice Presidential Race- Bola Tinubu by abbey621(m): 10:23pm On Dec 17, 2014
Delafruita:
the APC started well.however,I don't and can never support a situation where capability is sacrificed on the altar of ethnopolitical calculations.I agree that ebele is a failure and it was my hope that the APC will damn the consequences andd throw its doors open to competence,vision and a capacity to lead a country in the 21st century.I would have loved to see a fashola as candidate.or a pat utomi,rotimi amaechi,kwankwanso,adams oshiomole and a lot more capable folks.I would have loved a situation where any of those people was allowed to partake in a free and fair primary.if buhari then wins,so be it.but a situation where it is already concluded that the presidential candidate must be northern isn't healthy for our democracy.

If buhari isn't the savious like you say,why should I vote for him?its 2months to the elections and I haven't come across buhari's manifesto.I haven't come across his mission statement neither have I come across his concise plan for this country.its a big disappointment that a lot of folks were hoping he would pick an articulate and energetic individual as running mate.that shows that its already agreed buhari won't necessarily bring the change we desire but it is hoped that his vice will bring the desired energy to his government.I don't like that

Life isn't complicated, it is people that are complicated. At least we can agree on one point, PDP is useless and 4 more years of GEJ will amount to nothing. Based on this agreement, there's only one solution, vote for the opposition. You might not agree with all their principles but why don't we give change a chance, or do you prefer the same mediocrity?? PDP is a party that has gotten too big to help the masses, the opposition still has a lot to prove and would want to prove to the masses that they can be trusted. I understand you want the perfect candidate but Nigerian politics is way beyond that, change is systematic, it starts little by little, as much as I would want to vote for a youthful, vibrant candidate, Nigeria is still being run on a party system, it's either PDP or APC, do not be fooled!

1 Like

Re: Why I Withdrew From Vice Presidential Race- Bola Tinubu by ayinba1(f): 10:28pm On Dec 17, 2014
Evathyst:
Are U for real? Jesus!

For a Man who established a TV station(TV continental), a radio station(Radio continental and Adaba fm), Hotel(Oriental hotel), Estates. Ds are d few dt are known to an 'outsider' like me.

Now, help me calculate d number of staff on his payroll? Den u'll know he has personally contributed his own quota towards reducing unemployment in ds country. I'm not saying He's a saint, but if every other 'alleged' corrupt politician creates one or two establishments in ds country, imagine how unemployment would be drastically reduced.

Finally, can u please point out wat ur paymaster(GEJ) has done to alleviate poverty in ds country? Either as a president or as a concerned Nigerian? U TANoids are just too pathetic to be taken seriously embarassed

I shake my head 4 U!

In his village, forget about country for now.
Re: Why I Withdrew From Vice Presidential Race- Bola Tinubu by arresa: 10:30pm On Dec 17, 2014
We all have to sacrifice and do whatever to get rid of the cancer called PDP ravaging Nigeria and most importantly, send the crooked, corrupt, worthless and incompetent otuoko dullard back to the creeks or straight to JAIL....

All hands on deck...
Re: Why I Withdrew From Vice Presidential Race- Bola Tinubu by ayinba1(f): 10:35pm On Dec 17, 2014
Some lessons have not yet been learned. Some posters here are still crying about northern ticket versus south eastern ticket. Muslim/muslim versus christian/Christian vs muslim/christians versus Christian /christian ticket. Wahala dey o. In this current Era of GEJ, the north has fared the worst. They have the largest voting bloc. No way Jonathan could have become president (even with the rigging) without buy in front the north.
How many lives and counting? How many cities and counting?

Fine, some people are sabotaging Jonathan because he is not from the north. They were the same people sabotaging him when he was governor, abi?
Let us review his achievements as a governor, running away from debates, failure to declare his assets etc and tell me why you do not recognize incompetence when it is slapping you right, left and center.
Re: Why I Withdrew From Vice Presidential Race- Bola Tinubu by Evathyst(f): 10:50pm On Dec 17, 2014
ayinba1:

In his village, forget about country for now.
Help me ask am o! All ds SaTANic adherents dem self. They can tell a lie dt will make even d devil blush with embarrassment embarassed
Re: Why I Withdrew From Vice Presidential Race- Bola Tinubu by Delafruita(m): 11:16pm On Dec 17, 2014
abbey621:

Life isn't complicated, it is people that are complicated. At least we can agree on one point, PDP is useless and 4 more years of GEJ will amount to nothing. Based on this agreement, there's only one solution, vote for the opposition. You might not agree with all their principles but why don't we give change a chance, or do you prefer the same mediocrity?? PDP is a party that has gotten too big to help the masses, the opposition still has a lot to prove and would want to prove to the masses that they can be trusted. I understand you want the perfect candidate but Nigerian politics is way beyond that, change is systematic, it starts little by little, as much as I would want to vote for a youthful, vibrant candidate, Nigeria is still being run on a party system, it's either PDP or APC, do not be fooled!
ok.if you have a copy of buhari's manifesto with a clearcut action plan,am certain quite a lot of folks will want to have a glimpse.I am not bothered about buhari's age,I was on team sata during the last zambian election,mandela was over 70 when he became president,McCain was over 70 and Biden will make a run for the white house in 2016 at almost 80.my issue with buhari is that I haven't seen or heard what his plan is.
Re: Why I Withdrew From Vice Presidential Race- Bola Tinubu by Nobody: 11:18pm On Dec 17, 2014
aurenflani:

I supposed you are living in your village else you would have known that many people from diverse background including your village people have been offered jobs by Lagos state government from 1999 to date through many innovative jobs conceived by Tinubu.
Really? Do you mind mentioning those innovative jobs conceived by Tinubu and how many have benefitted from them. I don't need to live in city to know that around Tinubu's stupendous wealth abounds abject poverty which he hasn't done much to address.
Re: Why I Withdrew From Vice Presidential Race- Bola Tinubu by Nobody: 11:31pm On Dec 17, 2014
The politician is like an acrobat : he keeps his balance By saying the opposite of what he does.

||-Barres
Re: Why I Withdrew From Vice Presidential Race- Bola Tinubu by predentstats: 9:27am On Dec 18, 2014
why hailing Tinubu. He said he dropped his interest for the vp in the interest of he nation. But his 'boy' Osibanjo got it......why not one of the governors who have worked so hard to put the party into shape? Tinubu can not deceive me with this his old gimmicks.
Make una shine eyes....Tinubu is in control of that party. He endorsed Buhari and made sure he defeated the likes of Atiku and now his own is Buhari's running mate.
God help and save us from entering the new conglomerate business Tinubu I trying to establish to enslave us, Amen.

1 Like

Re: Why I Withdrew From Vice Presidential Race- Bola Tinubu by patpaul: 9:44am On Dec 18, 2014
Imagine the BUKOHARAM himself even toying with a muslim - muslim ticket in today's Nigeria! THAT IS TO SHOW THAT THIS MAN IS HEAD-STRONG. HE
DOES NOT REGARD THE SENSIBILITIES OF CHRISTIANS IN THIS COUNTRY. WAIT A MINUTE . IF CHRISTIANS ARE SO KILLED WHEN THIS BUKOHARAM IS NOT YET A PRESIDENT, WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF HE CLIMBS THE POSITION? GOD FORBIDS! HE CANNOT GET THERE. THE BLOOD OF INNOCENT CHRISTIANS CRYING FOR REVENGE WILL NEVER LET HIM GET THERE.
Re: Why I Withdrew From Vice Presidential Race- Bola Tinubu by medamillion(m): 11:27am On Dec 18, 2014
tete7000:

My brother religion is too sensitive to be ignored in political equation. Ask a northern Christian he/she will tell you. Year in, year out multiple Christians are killed in the north; Churches are burnt and Christians denied right to build their places of worship, they are denied political representation. When it is not sharia, it is Maitasine, B/haram, etc. In the light of these, you think it is improper that people ask that the party show that their interest are included in the scheme of things. I am not for Muslim-Muslim ticket and I can't be persuaded irrespective of how credible the candidates are. If we lay the precedence now, in future it might be capitalised on to take others for granted. Only a gullible Christian will fall for all this argument for Muslim-Muslim ticket. If I may ask, why can't it be Christian-Christian ticket ticket?

why do we claim to be in the 21st century and still reason like people of the olden days? Religion and good leadership are two different things, would you rather prefer a nation under the leadership of muslim/Christian where corruption, kidnapping,insecurity, epileptic power supply thrives to a Christian/Christian or Muslim/Muslim leadership where none of these happens? I care not about religion but true leadership.

If you are Christian and you need someone to run the affairs of your business, would you prefer to handover your business to an incompetent Christian instead of a competent one from another religion? Rain falls on anybody irrespective of religion, look beyond religion and see us finally have Nigeria of our dreams.
Re: Why I Withdrew From Vice Presidential Race- Bola Tinubu by tete7000(m): 11:47am On Dec 18, 2014
medamillion:

why do we claim to be in the 21st century and still reason like people of the olden days? Religion and good leadership are two different things, would you rather prefer a nation under the leadership of muslim/Christian where corruption, kidnapping,insecurity, epileptic power supply thrives to a Christian/Christian or Muslim/Muslim leadership where none of these happens? I care not about religion but true leadership.

If you are Christian and you need someone to run the affairs of your business, would you prefer to handover your business to an incompetent Christian instead of a competent one from another religion? Rain falls on anybody irrespective of religion, look beyond religion and see us finally have Nigeria of our dreams.

Whatever you feel, I still maintained my stand- Religion is a sensitive thing to be ignored in any political equation of a country. You can always get credible people from different religions to use when necessary. Ignoring religious affiliation has caused violence and war in many places and the earlier we realised that, the better. Why do you want to run an all Muslim/all Christian government because you feel the people in your government are the only credible ones around? Are you try to insinuate credible people can't be found in other religion or what? Everyone irrespective of religion, tribal, and gender leaning in a multi-clime like Nigeria must be made to have some sense of belonging. The country belongs to no group in particular and is too diverse to ignore anyone.
Re: Why I Withdrew From Vice Presidential Race- Bola Tinubu by medamillion(m): 12:19pm On Dec 18, 2014
tete7000:

Whatever you feel, I still maintained my stand- Religion is a sensitive thing to be ignored in any political equation of a country. You can always get credible people from different religions to use when necessary. Ignoring religious affiliation has caused violence and war in many places and the earlier we realised that, the better. Why do you want to run an all Muslim/all Christian government because you feel the people in your government are the only credible ones around? Are you try to insinuate credible people can't be found in other religion or what? Everyone irrespective of religion, tribal, and gender leaning in a multi-clime like Nigeria must be made to have some sense of belonging. The country belongs to no group in particular and is too diverse to ignore anyone.
Re: Why I Withdrew From Vice Presidential Race- Bola Tinubu by y2kplus: 2:02pm On Dec 18, 2014
Watching and listening to prof. Yemi Osinbajo in the video above, I am impressed. He is eloquent and clear in his speech. Clarity of purpose will be helpful. I hope he is able to work with GMB. Is this the wind of change? Prezie GJ will now step up. There are credible challengers in position now. God bless Nigeria.
Re: Why I Withdrew From Vice Presidential Race- Bola Tinubu by OLUJOSHINS(m): 8:53am On Dec 19, 2014
Disclaimer:
Story storyyyyy......you withdrew to take the driver's seat. Otey angry angry angryTIFNUBU managing the affairs of APC since childhood. grin grin

What is this one saying?
Re: Why I Withdrew From Vice Presidential Race- Bola Tinubu by OLUJOSHINS(m): 9:00am On Dec 19, 2014
temitemi1:
Tinubu jegudu jera... GEJ till 2019, no shaking!!!

After all the introduction to terrorism, massive economic downfall, failure to accomplish any of his agenda, insecurity at its peak. U still say gej till 2019. Pls why are U killing my mother land? Y don't U want to bring a better possibility to our nation? Y are U encouraging this evil government to ride on?

Pls stop being sentimental. HELP RESCUE NIGERIA.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

President Buhari Has Signed The Paris Agreement (photo) / Caption This Photo Of Bola Tinubu And Osinbajo / Disaster In Mgbemena Street Obosi After Yesterday's Rain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.