Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,634 members, 7,801,828 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:03 AM

Meet Nigeria's First Female Helicopter Captain [pictured] - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Meet Nigeria's First Female Helicopter Captain [pictured] (30229 Views)

Man With One Hand That Breaks Firewood For A Living Pictured / Hauwa Mohammed: Muslim Vlogger & The Original Igbo Girl (pictured) / Meet Nigeria's First Ever Female Helicopter Captain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet Nigeria's First Female Helicopter Captain [pictured] by OLUJOSHINS(m): 11:03am On Dec 19, 2014
okiezman:
Congrats sister mum n dad is proud of you hope you will be back this December we love you grin

U go fear family member
Re: Meet Nigeria's First Female Helicopter Captain [pictured] by OLUJOSHINS(m): 11:05am On Dec 19, 2014
ochejagabriel:
Peoples: Pls say the truth and shame the devil

When last did u clean ur fan?

ok, to the topic: Congratulations to her, Beht...

Pinshure of her flying a helicopter or...

u know de rest!

Adonblivit
Re: Meet Nigeria's First Female Helicopter Captain [pictured] by okiezman(m): 3:30pm On Dec 19, 2014
OLUJOSHINS:

U go fear family member

* undecided
Re: Meet Nigeria's First Female Helicopter Captain [pictured] by vivaciousvivi(f): 4:41pm On Dec 19, 2014
JoeArmsD1:
hmm
You , you lead the way...........
I never said I wanted to meet her na. You did!
Re: Meet Nigeria's First Female Helicopter Captain [pictured] by 989900: 8:28pm On Dec 19, 2014
Even this has to go 'tribal'!

1 Like

Re: Meet Nigeria's First Female Helicopter Captain [pictured] by Olisa4all: 4:57pm On Dec 20, 2014
Frankolino:
You have proven beyond any reasonable doubt that you don't know anything
Olisa, u dey vex oo. Lol!

Lol...but its true

Re: Meet Nigeria's First Female Helicopter Captain [pictured] by Olisa4all: 5:02pm On Dec 20, 2014
Mrbigman1:
I know her, she have flown me to various offshore locations from brirstow base in Agip base ph and from naval base. Mind u, none of them (blacks) fly, dey re always two pilots, one white doing d navigation, and d black doing a paper work. She's simple tho, just cute to admire wen she waves. I pray she now pilots as said but wen dey re be allowed to do so,I do experience a Lotta vibrations on d air plane. God bless Nigeria.

You need to be flogged with barbed wire dipped in dry pepper

1 Like

Re: Meet Nigeria's First Female Helicopter Captain [pictured] by klins4213(m): 8:33pm On Dec 20, 2014
I guess I will do all...
Re: Meet Nigeria's First Female Helicopter Captain [pictured] by Frankolino(m): 7:46am On Dec 22, 2014
Olisa4all:

You need to be flogged with barbed wire dipped in dry pepper

Chai, I don't want to even imagine that scenario! Barbed wire and Dry pepper?? LMFAO

2 Likes

Re: Meet Nigeria's First Female Helicopter Captain [pictured] by Olisa4all: 5:05pm On Dec 23, 2014
Frankolino:

Chai, I don't want to even imagine that scenario! Barbed wire and Dry pepper?? LMFAO

lol, Oga mi, I hail o
Re: Meet Nigeria's First Female Helicopter Captain [pictured] by Drone007: 11:08pm On Feb 14, 2015
Olisa4all:

1st Female "HELICOPTER" CAPTAIN!!!!!!!!!! GEEEEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apparently, you've not flown on an airplane before. Otherwise, you would’ve heard something like, ‘This is your Captain (place name) speaking’ over the tannoy systems on scheduled flights (normally followed by a delay announcement). So a pilot being called a captain is no big deal.
But to further enlighten you..
What is the difference between a pilot and a Captain?
A pilot is a job description, and does not imply any qualification or rank.
Professional pilots have completed either a Commercial Pilot’s Licence (CPL) or a Air Transport Pilot’s Licence (ATPL). This differentiates them from amateur pilots who have a Private Pilot’s Licence (PPL).
An aircraft must always have a nominated pilot who is in overall charge of the aircraft, this pilot is the Captain. See?
A newly qualified airline or private jet pilot is allocated the rank of “First Officer” then later “Senior First Officer” before they take a “Command Course” after which they can become a Captain.
Got that?
Re: Meet Nigeria's First Female Helicopter Captain [pictured] by Drone007: 11:15pm On Feb 14, 2015
sugah:
@drone007 what does Chinyere Kalu fly? I hope you know there is a difference between aeroplanes(airplanes) and helicopters?

Chinyere Kalu flies aeroplanes; and, she's been flying aeroplanes for over 35 years now!
See: http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/i-feel-good-flying-for-35-years-says-captain-kalu/162050/
Re: Meet Nigeria's First Female Helicopter Captain [pictured] by sugah: 11:42pm On Feb 22, 2015
Drone007:

Chinyere Kalu flies aeroplanes; and, she's been flying aeroplanes for over 35 years now!
See: http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/i-feel-good-flying-for-35-years-says-captain-kalu/162050/

Ok....so if you know she flies airplanes (and im assuming that you have spent your time online wisely by asking our dear friend Google about the aircraft types), why are you contesting AB is the first female nigerian helicopter captain?
From your post above i can confidently conclude you need someone to sit with you and explain the intricacies of aviation

1 Like

Re: Meet Nigeria's First Female Helicopter Captain [pictured] by sugah: 11:48pm On Feb 22, 2015
Mrbigman1:
I know her, she have flown me to various offshore locations from brirstow base in Agip base ph and from naval base. Mind u, none of them (blacks) fly, dey re always two pilots, one white doing d navigation, and d black doing a paper work. She's simple tho, just cute to admire wen she waves. I pray she now pilots as said but wen dey re be allowed to do so,I do experience a Lotta vibrations on d air plane. God bless Nigeria.

Uhmmmm so when there are two 'black' people in the cockpit during a flight, who flies the aircraft? Your village witches?

2 Likes

Re: Meet Nigeria's First Female Helicopter Captain [pictured] by Mrbigman1(m): 11:55pm On Feb 22, 2015
sugah:

Uhmmmm so when there are two 'black' people in the cockpit during a flight, who flies the aircraft? Your village witches?

Lmao, no, na ur own village.
Am just talking from experience dear, u barely see blacks dia, it's a British firm and u barely see black, wen dey re dia, dey re always doing paperwork.
Ok, I really wish her well.
I am talking from experience and not hear say
Re: Meet Nigeria's First Female Helicopter Captain [pictured] by Olisa4all: 7:42am On Feb 23, 2015
Mrbigman1:

Am just talking from experience dear, u barely see blacks dia, it's a British firm and u barely see black, wen dey re dia, dey re always doing paperwork.

Sir, its pretty much obvious you're talking from hear say, not experience.

P.S "we" are speaking authoritatively.
Re: Meet Nigeria's First Female Helicopter Captain [pictured] by Olisa4all: 7:44am On Feb 23, 2015
sugah:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Meet Nigeria's First Female Helicopter Captain [pictured] by Mrbigman1(m): 8:26am On Feb 23, 2015
Olisa4all:

Sir, its pretty much obvious you're talking from hear say, not experience.

P.S "we" are speaking authoritatively.

Oga, what do u wanna hear?

Shes's the world greatest abi what?

Ok yes she is, na even only blacks dey fly our chopper.

Guess u re happy naw?
Re: Meet Nigeria's First Female Helicopter Captain [pictured] by sugah: 11:26am On Feb 23, 2015
Mrbigman1:

Its an American company and although the ratio of foreigners to locals isnt at par, there is an increase in local pilots in the company and in Nigeria.

Im guessing your experience was 1 flight and thats enough to make conclusions and some albeit ignorant observations.... Check google and you'll know that helicopters Vibrate.
No she isn't the greatest, she is the FIRST FEMALE in the HELICOPTER industry in Nigeria to achieve this feat. Is that too hard to understand?

P.s. On a 2crew flight, 1 person flies while the other does radios and paperwork....irrespective of the colour of their skin or gender
Re: Meet Nigeria's First Female Helicopter Captain [pictured] by Mrbigman1(m): 11:34am On Feb 23, 2015
sugah:

Its an American company and although the ratio of foreigners to locals isnt at par, there is an increase in local pilots in the company and in Nigeria.

Im guessing your experience was 1 flight and thats enough to make conclusions and some albeit ignorant observations.... Check google and you'll know that helicopters Vibrate.
No she isn't the greatest, she is the FIRST FEMALE in the HELICOPTER industry in Nigeria to achieve this feat. Is that too hard to understand?

P.s. On a 2crew flight, 1 person flies while the other does radios and paperwork....irrespective of the colour of their skin or gender

Oga/madam,
Am black and not a racist, if u feel I write those to down grade my people den u got me wrong.

Am a regular traveler.
The Bristow helipad I use often and I travel from all part of the country to various locations.
Am a service hand and I travel from eket, agip base in ph or naval base or lagos.

I see some few black or Nigerians dia but I still maintain that I wish her well.

But they need to build dia confidence, it's actually auto pilot always and I ve seen some cheerful guys giving them a chance to do the work while dey exchange paper. I watch dem and am even glade Nigerians re given a chance to par take.

Am not a racist
Please take note.
Re: Meet Nigeria's First Female Helicopter Captain [pictured] by sugah: 12:15pm On Feb 23, 2015
Mrbigman1:

Oga/madam,
Am black and not a racist, if u feel I write those to down grade my people den u got me wrong.

Am a regular traveler.
The Bristow helipad I use often and I travel from all part of the country to various locations.
Am a service hand and I travel from eket, agip base in ph or naval base or lagos.

I see some few black or Nigerians dia but I still maintain that I wish her well.

But they need to build dia confidence, it's actually auto pilot always and I ve seen some cheerful guys giving them a chance to do the work while dey exchange paper. I watch dem and am even glade Nigerians re given a chance to par take.

Am not a racist
Please take note.

So you've gone from doing only paperwork to autopilot only? Please be consistent with your self deceit.

You claim you are not racist (i beg to differ) but you do have a 'blackman mentality '. You think you have no self worth...what a 'whiteman' can do, a blackman cant possibly do it..
You say they should build their confidence..... Why do you think they don't have confidence? Cos they fly with autopilot? All pilots fly autopilot for long flights, it reduces the workload. If you are not busy praying during your next flight, you'd observe takeoffs and landings are flown by the pilot.

P.s. 95% of the Nigerians you see have university degrees, the reverse is the case for the foreigners.

1 Like

Re: Meet Nigeria's First Female Helicopter Captain [pictured] by Olisa4all: 4:46am On Sep 15, 2015
sugah:

So you've gone from doing only paperwork to autopilot only? Please be consistent with your self deceit.

You claim you are not racist (i beg to differ) but you do have a 'blackman mentality '. You think you have no self worth...what a 'whiteman' can do, a blackman cant possibly do it..
You say they should build their confidence..... Why do you think they don't have confidence? Cos they fly with autopilot? All pilots fly autopilot for long flights, it reduces the workload. If you are not busy praying during your next flight, you'd observe takeoffs and landings are flown by the pilot.

P.s. 95% of the Nigerians you see have university degrees, the reverse is the case for the foreigners.

All True
Re: Meet Nigeria's First Female Helicopter Captain [pictured] by Lathunjimi(m): 5:37pm On Feb 08, 2016
CAN YOU FLY A KITE ??

I give up grin[/quote]
Re: Meet Nigeria's First Female Helicopter Captain [pictured] by Olisa4all: 11:59am On Oct 12, 2016
Drone007:

Apparently, you've not flown on an airplane before. Otherwise, you would’ve heard something like, ‘This is your Captain (place name) speaking’ over the tannoy systems on scheduled flights (normally followed by a delay announcement). So a pilot being called a captain is no big deal.
But to further enlighten you..
What is the difference between a pilot and a Captain?
A pilot is a job description, and does not imply any qualification or rank.
Professional pilots have completed either a Commercial Pilot’s Licence (CPL) or a Air Transport Pilot’s Licence (ATPL). This differentiates them from amateur pilots who have a Private Pilot’s Licence (PPL).
An aircraft must always have a nominated pilot who is in overall charge of the aircraft, this pilot is the Captain. See?
A newly qualified airline or private jet pilot is allocated the rank of “First Officer” then later “Senior First Officer” before they take a “Command Course” after which they can become a Captain.
Got that?

lol,Just seeing this,this is funny to me tho

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NNPC Set To Sack 1,100 Staff / Security Guard With Master's Degree Gets N250K After Encounter With Man In Lagos / List Of Careers Associated With Creativity (Creative Careers)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.