Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,390 members, 7,808,378 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:11 AM

Ebola-Free: Nigerian Catholic Church Restores Handshakes During Mass. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ebola-Free: Nigerian Catholic Church Restores Handshakes During Mass. (7369 Views)

Catholic Church Collapses In Enugu, Five Dead / Discussion / Be Wary Of Nigerian Catholic Spiritian Priest: Katuka! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebola-Free: Nigerian Catholic Church Restores Handshakes During Mass. by adeyemi97(m): 4:53pm On Dec 17, 2014
Thank God for that
Re: Ebola-Free: Nigerian Catholic Church Restores Handshakes During Mass. by iluvweed(m): 4:53pm On Dec 17, 2014
Lok
Re: Ebola-Free: Nigerian Catholic Church Restores Handshakes During Mass. by itstpia8: 4:54pm On Dec 17, 2014
Fresia01:
for my church eh i dey like that handshake xpecially if one fine bobo dey beside me

Are you sitting in the middle of bobos?
Re: Ebola-Free: Nigerian Catholic Church Restores Handshakes During Mass. by maylisa(f): 4:54pm On Dec 17, 2014
PAGAN9JA:
[size=18pt]THE CATHOLIC CHURCH IS A MONEY MAKING ORGANIZATION MEANT TO LOOT THE MASSES AND PILFER THE POOR.

NIGERIA MUST CONSTRUCT MORE SHRINES FOR THE WORSHIP OF GODS, not dead jewish men who CLAIM to be a god.[/size]

The Gods bless Nigeria. cool
may God forgive you.

2 Likes

Re: Ebola-Free: Nigerian Catholic Church Restores Handshakes During Mass. by haibe(m): 4:55pm On Dec 17, 2014
MuguliciousMUGU:

chai omalicha nwa, if Ebola see your beauty it would run away from the world, your beauty alone can heal the blind and the sick... Chai
chai how sure are u it's her pic, don't be deceived by everything u see online
Re: Ebola-Free: Nigerian Catholic Church Restores Handshakes During Mass. by itstpia8: 4:56pm On Dec 17, 2014
Hand sanitizer though.

@ topic.
Re: Ebola-Free: Nigerian Catholic Church Restores Handshakes During Mass. by Joshkid(m): 4:57pm On Dec 17, 2014
hehehe..Wu wan die?
Re: Ebola-Free: Nigerian Catholic Church Restores Handshakes During Mass. by daparadox(m): 4:59pm On Dec 17, 2014
I don't believe u understand d rubbish ur say...The Catholic church is not a money making organisation... If any cash is gotten in d church, it belongs to the God, Nd d priest us it to build Nd maintain his house(God's House)... Unlike Churches like God's Grace where d church is passed from Father to son like inheritance
PAGAN9JA:
[size=18pt]THE CATHOLIC CHURCH IS A MONEY MAKING ORGANIZATION MEANT TO LOOT THE MASSES AND PILFER THE POOR.

NIGERIA MUST CONSTRUCT MORE SHRINES FOR THE WORSHIP OF GODS, not dead jewish men who CLAIM to be a god.[/size]

Re: Ebola-Free: Nigerian Catholic Church Restores Handshakes During Mass. by marksooyinmiebi(m): 4:59pm On Dec 17, 2014
Thank God
Re: Ebola-Free: Nigerian Catholic Church Restores Handshakes During Mass. by jennybright(f): 5:05pm On Dec 17, 2014
Stay away from it. Sometimes we brought course upon ourselves by then we start accusing our ancestors in the village . be carefull dear.

PAGAN9JA:

1 Like

Re: Ebola-Free: Nigerian Catholic Church Restores Handshakes During Mass. by adem100: 5:10pm On Dec 17, 2014
Hmmm,w8 let me ask my mum
Re: Ebola-Free: Nigerian Catholic Church Restores Handshakes During Mass. by Janeify(f): 5:21pm On Dec 17, 2014
Francon:
Last sunday, as we were about to "offer each other a sign of peace" (handshake), d man beside me brought out his hand to shake and I was like * pls don't mind d priests. And he forcefully open my hand and shook it.

Thank God for saving us.

Mine was somehow funny.

There's this girl that sat beside me on sunday,during mass she kept removing mucus from her nose.she kept inserting her fingers into her nose,when it was time for the handshake;i didn't bother to shake her.i just turned by my left and started exchanging handshakes while she's the person closest to me.

What i did wasn't right but i couldn't help it

1 Like

Re: Ebola-Free: Nigerian Catholic Church Restores Handshakes During Mass. by Nobody: 5:35pm On Dec 17, 2014
Visit www.kinsbiz. for ur biz news
Re: Ebola-Free: Nigerian Catholic Church Restores Handshakes During Mass. by Pamcrest(f): 5:50pm On Dec 17, 2014
Ok oh. But d sanitizers placed at d entrance of my church will continue and everyone must use it before entering d church. Hand borne diseases still abound, it's not only for Ebola. Sometime ago as d Priest was saying Let us offer each other d sign of peace, the guy next to me coughed right into his palms. I refused to shake him oh....abeg grin
My humble submission
Re: Ebola-Free: Nigerian Catholic Church Restores Handshakes During Mass. by Ubenedictus(m): 6:13pm On Dec 17, 2014
romzyxy:
They should stop d hand shake. Using speech would b okay. Like peace b unto u without shakin.

the bible actually says "KISS of peace", like the one priests use... The nigerian bishops had to tinggle it a little and say "sign of peace" becos that was thought to satisfy the pastoral needs of the people and it prevent some funny guys from taking advantage of ladies....now u are saying u dont even want d handshake...

Guy u funny oh...
Re: Ebola-Free: Nigerian Catholic Church Restores Handshakes During Mass. by JoeCutie(m): 6:26pm On Dec 17, 2014
I don't shake, I hug.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ebola-Free: Nigerian Catholic Church Restores Handshakes During Mass. by Nobody: 6:33pm On Dec 17, 2014
Peace of the Lord be with you...and with your spirit for bringing this to the front page.
Offers a sign of peace to all Change Agents on Nairaland...
Ebola sef...
Re: Ebola-Free: Nigerian Catholic Church Restores Handshakes During Mass. by itstpia8: 6:36pm On Dec 17, 2014
Ubenedictus:

the bible actually says "KISS of peace", like the one priests use... The nigerian bishops had to tinggle it a little and say "sign of peace" becos that was thought to satisfy the pastoral needs of the people and it prevent some funny guys from taking advantage of ladies....now u are saying u dont even want d handshake...

Guy u funny oh...

kiss of peace will not work.

unless you are looking for belle of peace.
Re: Ebola-Free: Nigerian Catholic Church Restores Handshakes During Mass. by orobosa26(m): 6:58pm On Dec 17, 2014
wow..thank God without d hand shake representing since of peace....it makes d holy mass look awkward
Re: Ebola-Free: Nigerian Catholic Church Restores Handshakes During Mass. by Nobody: 7:12pm On Dec 17, 2014
So gud to hear... Shaking hands all d way
Re: Ebola-Free: Nigerian Catholic Church Restores Handshakes During Mass. by eduxerxes: 7:18pm On Dec 17, 2014
This Topic is a Misnormer!!! Catholic church in Nigeria NEVER stopped handshake during Mass. Only Lagos and some few other Dioceses decided to suspend it. Seun, what is Nairaland turning into? The topic should be ammended ASAP.
Re: Ebola-Free: Nigerian Catholic Church Restores Handshakes During Mass. by DAVE5(m): 7:36pm On Dec 17, 2014
dis is long overdue, mass felt like people were actually quarreling
Re: Ebola-Free: Nigerian Catholic Church Restores Handshakes During Mass. by phlamesG: 10:11pm On Dec 17, 2014
thank God o grin grin
Re: Ebola-Free: Nigerian Catholic Church Restores Handshakes During Mass. by peren: 10:00am On Dec 18, 2014
This circular never reach portharcourt oh! We still do not offer the hand of peace.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Chose Hell Fire / Where And How Best Should One Celebrate Easter? / Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.