Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,678 members, 7,801,955 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:53 AM

Does Police Issue Receipt For Money They Charge For Bail? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Does Police Issue Receipt For Money They Charge For Bail? (575 Views)

How To Report Any Nigerian Policeman Asking For Bail Money / Buhari Lied, Jonathan Generated The Funds Used For Bail Out.- NLNG MD Insists / Buhari, APC Should Thank Us For Bail-Out money - PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Police Issue Receipt For Money They Charge For Bail? by amtheone(m): 9:21pm On Dec 17, 2014
Nigeria government has many institutions/agencies which police force is one of them.

I would like to know how this money is been accounted for since no receipt. I mean the money they charge for bailing an individual being arrested for either committing offense or not.

Road Safety which is one of government agencies directs those they charge for commiting offense to pay their fine through bank which I believe to some extent can be accounted for. But with police, I dont think such practice is observed.

I just mentioned Road Safety, there are other government agencies that direct those that have financial transaction with them to carry out such through designated banks.

If police has ever issued you a receipt for the money they charged you for bailing yourself or someone, share it. If no, why is it so?
Re: Does Police Issue Receipt For Money They Charge For Bail? by mileyjay(m): 9:24pm On Dec 17, 2014
Even if they are required to issue receipt, they will not do that and nobody is held responsible for that. #dats9ja4U
Re: Does Police Issue Receipt For Money They Charge For Bail? by simplemach(m): 9:28pm On Dec 17, 2014
Their duty is not to collect even one dime. If u are to be charged anything in cash, then its supposed to be in the court. Any money paid in the police station is a stolen money.
Re: Does Police Issue Receipt For Money They Charge For Bail? by temitemi1(m): 9:29pm On Dec 17, 2014
Next time u visit them make sure u ask for ur reciept and see how it will be issued to you grin grin grin
Re: Does Police Issue Receipt For Money They Charge For Bail? by Nobody: 12:25am On Dec 18, 2014
Please know your right, bail is free. Even Road safety can't impose a fine of any amount on Nigerians, such declaration must come from a court with proper jurisdiction. I repeat, bail is free.
Re: Does Police Issue Receipt For Money They Charge For Bail? by Truckpusher(m): 12:46am On Dec 18, 2014
Bail is free
It is your right ,ask for it politely and not by speaking too much grammar.Most Nigerians are so much in a hurry that they are willing to pay just to get out from that hellhole.

I repeat, bail is free but you have to present your argument in such a manner that will convince them that you are aware of your rights.

(1) (Reply)

Anglican Church Opposes Catholic-catholic Ticket In Enugugovernorship Race: / "Very Soon, I Will Attack Emir Sanusi Of Kano", Says Boko Haram Leader, Shekau / Health Workers Vow To Continue Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.