Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,903 members, 7,802,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:50 AM

I Rejected My Nomination As Buhari's Running Mate - Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Rejected My Nomination As Buhari's Running Mate - Tinubu (535 Views)

Urhobo Youths Protest Kachikwu’s Nomination As Minister / I Rejected Jonathan’s Offer Of Interim VP – Tinubu / GEJ Rejected My Advice To Quiz Buhari - Azazi : Elombah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Rejected My Nomination As Buhari's Running Mate - Tinubu by Tville(m): 9:48pm On Dec 17, 2014
Former governor of Lagos and a national leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Bola Ahmed Tinubu on Wednesday said he rejected his nomination as the running mate to APC’s presidential candidate, Muhammadu Buhari, in order to maintain his position as a party leader.
Tinubu said in a statement that he had no ambition of seeking any elective office when he and others began the building the foundation of what became APC.
“My contribution to the party was never based on the expectation of a later political handout. Nigeria is in trouble and we are well past the moment for such narrow, selfish games.
“There came a time during the course of the events when our Presidential candidate, General Muhammadu Buhari offered the Vice Presidential slot to me. Being a normal human being, I was deeply moved and honoured that he would consider me for the position. Being a patriot, I had to weigh my potential candidacy in all of its dimensions.”
Tinubu pronouncements contrasted sharply with the belief held by many that he was jostling for the VP ticket of APC. He lent credence to this on Tuesday when he accused President Goodluck Jonathan of launching a ‘smear campaign’ against his person in order to block his emergence as the vice presidential of APC.

http://newmail-ng.com/new/rejected-nomination-buharis-running-mate-tinubu/
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/173469-rejected-nomination-apc-vice-presidential-candidate-tinubu.html
Re: I Rejected My Nomination As Buhari's Running Mate - Tinubu by Flets: 9:50pm On Dec 17, 2014
Buhari is a criminal. Amaechi is the bull in the china shop and will expose Tinubu shortly.
Re: I Rejected My Nomination As Buhari's Running Mate - Tinubu by thunderrider: 9:53pm On Dec 17, 2014
Before nko

wetin he for talk
Re: I Rejected My Nomination As Buhari's Running Mate - Tinubu by Dolarman(m): 9:56pm On Dec 17, 2014
Bola Ahmed Tinubu, alwayz a strategic politician....
Re: I Rejected My Nomination As Buhari's Running Mate - Tinubu by hushmail: 11:42pm On Dec 17, 2014
all dat na wash

we no say u no fit pass DSS vetting

d truth go soon appear

(1) (Reply)

PDP: Chief Egwuoyibo Okoye Reckless Political Impunity In Nnewi South 11 / 2015 Presidency: Will Ndi Igbo Vote For Chekwas Okorie Of UPP Party?- Ifeduba / Asari Dokubo Reveals That Jonathan Has Won 2015 Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.