Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,854 members, 7,802,738 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:22 PM

What's The Best Book You Read During The Year? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What's The Best Book You Read During The Year? (2344 Views)

Have You Read E.L. James "Grey"? Can You Share Link To Download? / The Best Book Of 2015 As Compile By El-rufai / Reading User's Manual; How Often Do You read it? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Best Book You Read During The Year? by godman01(m): 11:36pm On Dec 17, 2014
For the reading folks, what's the best book you read during 2014.
For me, It's Spirit, Soul and Body by Andrew Wommack and I Married You by Walter Trobisch.
Re: What's The Best Book You Read During The Year? by mizjules(f): 11:41pm On Dec 17, 2014
I've read lots of interesting novels tho, Hadassah, before I go to sleep by j s waston. More coming up.
Re: What's The Best Book You Read During The Year? by herald9: 11:50pm On Dec 17, 2014
Harry potter
A Man From Mars
Purple Hibiscus (5 times)
A Time To Kill (4 times)
Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea
The Three Musketeers
etc

others

The Fault In Our Stars
The Art Of War
etc
Re: What's The Best Book You Read During The Year? by godman01(m): 11:53pm On Dec 17, 2014
mizjules:
I've read lots of interesting novels tho, Hadassah, before I go to sleep by j s waston. More coming up.
I don't read novels. But do you really learn anything that helps in life from novels? Because I see it more like watching movies which doesn't really add anything to us. Just my opinion.
Re: What's The Best Book You Read During The Year? by godman01(m): 11:54pm On Dec 17, 2014
herald9:
Harry potter
A Man From Mars
A Time To Kill (4 times)
The Three Musketeers
etc

others

The Fault In Our Stars
The Art Of War
etc
Are these books or movies?
Re: What's The Best Book You Read During The Year? by herald9: 11:56pm On Dec 17, 2014
godman01:

Are these books or movies?

Lwkmd

that means you never start reading books.

all are books,my guy.
Re: What's The Best Book You Read During The Year? by mizjules(f): 11:57pm On Dec 17, 2014
godman01:

I don't read novels. But do you really learn anything that helps in life from novels? Because I see it more like watching movies which doesn't really add anything to us. Just my opinion.

Yes dear, it adds a lot to me, well depending on the type, I don't read romance novels. You should try n read Hadassah its a christain novel. I read inspirational books also. I'm versatile there's a lot of things/lessons one can pick about life in things u don't expect.
Re: What's The Best Book You Read During The Year? by herald9: 11:59pm On Dec 17, 2014
godman01:

purely entertainment... It has it's benefits tho
Re: What's The Best Book You Read During The Year? by mizjules(f): 11:59pm On Dec 17, 2014
herald9:
Harry potter
A Man From Mars
A Time To Kill (4 times)
The Three Musketeers
etc

others

The Fault In Our Stars
The Art Of War
etc
I've read purple hibiscus also, been long tho. The rest,I need to read
Re: What's The Best Book You Read During The Year? by herald9: 12:24am On Dec 18, 2014
mizjules:

I've read purple hibiscus also, been long tho. The rest,I need to read

Lolz... I can't just get over that book...I also read this her new work 'half of a yellow sun'

I was about starting 'Americana' when this other novel got my attention 'Jane Eyre ' by Charlotte Bronte.

I download my novels in ebooks tho...you might want to try it...it's free.
Re: What's The Best Book You Read During The Year? by mizjules(f): 12:28am On Dec 18, 2014
herald9:

Lolz... I can't just get over that book...I also read this her new work 'half of a yellow sun'

I was about starting 'Americana' when this other novel got my attention 'Jane Eyre ' by Charlotte Bronte.

I download my novels in ebooks tho...you might want to try it...it's free.
Dying to read that one, tried downloading epub reader but my phone doesn't support it
Re: What's The Best Book You Read During The Year? by herald9: 12:34am On Dec 18, 2014
mizjules:

Dying to read that one, tried downloading epub reader but my phone doesn't support it

search and download this application '10000+ free eBooks 'you can download your books within the apps...or aldiko reader...there's another one that came preinstalled in my phone.. it's called 'Reader' that's the best...it's like it's an HTC product.
Re: What's The Best Book You Read During The Year? by mizjules(f): 12:41am On Dec 18, 2014
herald9:

search and download this application '10000+ free eBooks 'you can download your books within the apps...or aldiko reader...there's another one that came preinstalled in my phone.. it's called 'Reader' that's the best...it's like it's an HTC product.
Thanks, I like guys that read smiley
Re: What's The Best Book You Read During The Year? by herald9: 7:20am On Dec 18, 2014
mizjules:

Thanks, I like guys that read smiley

I like ladies that reads toocheesy

1 Like

Re: What's The Best Book You Read During The Year? by Nobody: 7:38am On Dec 18, 2014
The concubine by Elechi Amadi. Was dusting my dad's cupboard and saw it. Its an old book but its very interesting.
Re: What's The Best Book You Read During The Year? by Nobody: 7:43am On Dec 18, 2014
My Life is A Weapon. Reuters
Just like missberypop5 I was dusting the shelf when I found it.
Ayamlaykorn
Re: What's The Best Book You Read During The Year? by godman01(m): 7:44am On Dec 18, 2014
mizjules:

Yes dear, it adds a lot to me, well depending on the type, I don't read romance novels. You should try n read Hadassah its a christain novel. I read inspirational books also. I'm versatile there's a lot of things/lessons one can pick about life in things u don't expect.
Hmmm...will like to read it, can I get the ebook?
Re: What's The Best Book You Read During The Year? by Nobody: 7:45am On Dec 18, 2014
herald9:
Harry potter
A Man From Mars
A Time To Kill (4 times)
The Three Musketeers
etc

others

The Fault In Our Stars
The Art Of War
etc
I'm reading Purple Hibiscus for a 4th time this year too. My kid brother is reading it a 6th time. Jennimma said she has read it 8 times.
Too addictive. Lol
Ayamlaykorn
Re: What's The Best Book You Read During The Year? by mizjules(f): 7:47am On Dec 18, 2014
godman01:

Hmmm...will like to read it, can I get the ebook?
I should think so
Re: What's The Best Book You Read During The Year? by Nobody: 7:51am On Dec 18, 2014
laykorn:

I'm reading Purple Hibiscus for a 4th time this year too. My kid brother is reading it a 6th time. Jennimma said she has read it 8 times.
Too addictive. Lol
Ayamlaykorn
grin i have read all of harry porter's series,a time to kill...infact almost all of Grisham's books...the three musketeers...and a load more. I have them

Am looking at my mini-library and falling in love with it again. Lolz

goodmorning laykorn.
Re: What's The Best Book You Read During The Year? by Nobody: 7:55am On Dec 18, 2014
Jennimma:

grin i have read all of harry porter's series,a time to kill...infact almost all of Grisham's books...the three musketeers...and a load more. I have them

Am looking at my mini-library and falling in love with it again. Lolz

goodmorning laykorn.
This year, I didn't read any Grisham's.
I'm trying to run from fiction. Lol
A Time To Kill was the main inspiration for my story.

The Runaway Jury was the most interesting Grisham's I read.

Good morning.
Ayamlaykorn
Re: What's The Best Book You Read During The Year? by Nobody: 7:58am On Dec 18, 2014
laykorn:

This year, I didn't read any Grisham's.
I'm trying to run from fiction. Lol
A Time To Kill was the main inspiration for my story.

The Runaway Jury was the most interesting Grisham's I read.

Good morning.
Ayamlaykorn
read The Testament and skipping christmas. You'd love them.
Re: What's The Best Book You Read During The Year? by Nobody: 8:00am On Dec 18, 2014
Jennimma:

read The Testament and skipping christmas. You'd love them.
Lemme stick them to my plan for next year.
Any non-fictions you found interesting this year?

Btw, I updated my story.
Ayamlaykorn
Re: What's The Best Book You Read During The Year? by Nobody: 8:04am On Dec 18, 2014
laykorn:

Lemme stick them to my plan for next year.
Any non-fictions you found interesting this year?

Btw, I updated my story.
Ayamlaykorn
ummm...non-fiction,i guess its ben carson's book. Am not into non-fiction sha.
Yea,i saw ur update. I'd read it when am less busy. ATM,replying mentions and browsing threads.
Re: What's The Best Book You Read During The Year? by herald9: 8:04am On Dec 18, 2014
laykorn:

Too addictive. Lol
Ayamlaykorn

Lolz
I even got two copies in case I misplace one. cheesy

I like half of a yellow sun too...wanted to start Americana... mehn got loads of them in my ebook... don't even know where to start.
Re: What's The Best Book You Read During The Year? by Nobody: 8:14am On Dec 18, 2014
Jennimma:

ummm...non-fiction,i guess its ben carson's book. Am not into non-fiction sha.
Yea,i saw ur update. I'd read it when am less busy. ATM,replying mentions and browsing threads.
Smh. I've read all of Carson's except for 'The Big Picture'
That's for next year.
Ayamlaykorn
Re: What's The Best Book You Read During The Year? by Nobody: 8:15am On Dec 18, 2014
herald9:

Lolz
I even got two copies in case I misplace one. cheesy

I like half of a yellow sun too...wanted to start Americana... mehn got loads of them in my ebook... don't even know where to start.
I like Half of The Yellow Sun too.
I tried reading that Americanah. I stopped at the first page. It was kind of boring to me.
Ayamlaykorn
Re: What's The Best Book You Read During The Year? by Nobody: 8:16am On Dec 18, 2014
laykorn:

Smh. I've read all of Carson's except for 'The Big Picture'
That's for next year.
Ayamlaykorn
cool...add Angels and Demons by Dan Brown to your next year list. grin
Re: What's The Best Book You Read During The Year? by herald9: 8:55am On Dec 18, 2014
laykorn:

I like Half of The Yellow Sun too.
I tried reading that Americanah. I stopped at the first page. It was kind of boring to me.
Ayamlaykorn

ooops... that's discouragingsad
Re: What's The Best Book You Read During The Year? by herald9: 8:56am On Dec 18, 2014
Jennimma:

cool...add Angels and Demons by Dan Brown to your next year list. grin

you guys wanna finish all the books in the world... I thought I was the only one on top of the gamesad

Do you run a library?
Re: What's The Best Book You Read During The Year? by Nobody: 9:00am On Dec 18, 2014
Bloodline by Sidney Sheldon (hope I spelt the name right).
Purple Hibiscus
The Marriage Test by Barbara (can't remember the full name).
Re: What's The Best Book You Read During The Year? by Nobody: 9:14am On Dec 18, 2014
herald9:

you guys wanna finish all the books in the world... I thought I was the only one on top of the gamesad

Do you run a library?
lolz@run a library. I wish i do. Hehehehe

(1) (2) (Reply)

Attitudes Common Among "AVERAGE" Fellows From These Tribes. / Can You Solve The Fruit Math Puzzle??? / Tier 2 Uk Visa Application

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.