Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,353 members, 7,780,946 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:07 AM

How To Decently Tell A Guy You Are In Love With Him - Nairalander Needs Advice. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Decently Tell A Guy You Are In Love With Him - Nairalander Needs Advice. (31679 Views)

A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. / Man Needs Advice After Falling In Love With A Prostitute (Snapshot) / How Do You Tell a Guy You Don't Like Him? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Decently Tell A Guy You Are In Love With Him - Nairalander Needs Advice. by Nobody: 1:29pm On Dec 18, 2014
I thought the above topic was proffering solution,on how to go about it.

1 Like

Re: How To Decently Tell A Guy You Are In Love With Him - Nairalander Needs Advice. by Raymondfayowole(m): 1:29pm On Dec 18, 2014
K
Re: How To Decently Tell A Guy You Are In Love With Him - Nairalander Needs Advice. by moscobabs(m): 1:29pm On Dec 18, 2014
lure him to sex

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How To Decently Tell A Guy You Are In Love With Him - Nairalander Needs Advice. by arvinsloane(m): 1:31pm On Dec 18, 2014
chimerase2:
Be expecting ma advice tomorrow ok undecided
Hope the advice is not urgent? lipsrsealed undecided
Characters on nairaland.

1 Like

Re: How To Decently Tell A Guy You Are In Love With Him - Nairalander Needs Advice. by kennosklint(m): 1:32pm On Dec 18, 2014
As young as u ar...hmm nawaoh
Re: How To Decently Tell A Guy You Are In Love With Him - Nairalander Needs Advice. by odijeks(m): 1:32pm On Dec 18, 2014
Just tell em, duh

1 Like

Re: How To Decently Tell A Guy You Are In Love With Him - Nairalander Needs Advice. by Dannylux: 1:35pm On Dec 18, 2014
Ask him what is He still waiting for?
Re: How To Decently Tell A Guy You Are In Love With Him - Nairalander Needs Advice. by ipleddge: 1:35pm On Dec 18, 2014
Tell him jokingly that he is in love with you,check his reaction.if it's a good one,ask him why he has been waiting for so long(Joke with it)

My 2cent

3 Likes

Re: How To Decently Tell A Guy You Are In Love With Him - Nairalander Needs Advice. by freezyprinzy(m): 1:35pm On Dec 18, 2014
sweetheart have u showed him all d so called green light.....if yes and d guy Neva get ild advice don't tell him if no start showing d light already#1kobo advice
Re: How To Decently Tell A Guy You Are In Love With Him - Nairalander Needs Advice. by eemalex(m): 1:35pm On Dec 18, 2014
jenniferjon:
I'm in love with a guy, we ve been friends for a while now but we beginning to get intimate and my feelings r rapidly developing for him, I really want to share how I feel with him but am scared that this mite freak him out n he may just run away or this cud get awkward between us but I bliv telling som1 how u feel either u a guy or a girl is d right thing to do..
I rily do need to know if I sud tell him how I feel or just keep my feelings till he tells me if he has feelings for me ..I bliv som guys find it awkward wen gurls tell dem how dey feel bou dem... wat will u advice I do pls?
I acknowledged you coming to post this on nairaland, I also felt same but you didn't give me a hint to go on, Am so sorry to disappoint you know, but am now in France with my new found love, hope you find someone better than me and make a quick move. Bye

4 Likes

Re: How To Decently Tell A Guy You Are In Love With Him - Nairalander Needs Advice. by alakaloko(m): 1:35pm On Dec 18, 2014
Decently tell him.. Do all you can to avoid any amoral sexual acttivity with him until u are engaged.. Make it an healthy relationship
Re: How To Decently Tell A Guy You Are In Love With Him - Nairalander Needs Advice. by freecocoa(f): 1:36pm On Dec 18, 2014
Tell him, you don't have to do it the way a guy would if that's what you are scared of, just say something like "Why does my heart beat faster whenever I see you or hear your voice" or " I don't understand what's happening to me o but why do you now seem to always be on my mind" if he's not a mumu, he'll get the message and if he feels the same way, the rest will be history, I've done it before and don't regret it.

Worse case scenario, he'll say he doesn't feel the same way, the world won't come to an end, you will feel bad if he does but you'll be fine.

5 Likes

Re: How To Decently Tell A Guy You Are In Love With Him - Nairalander Needs Advice. by Nobody: 1:37pm On Dec 18, 2014
jenniferjon:
I'm in love with a guy, we ve been friends for a while now but we beginning to get intimate and my feelings r rapidly developing for him, I really want to share how I feel with him but am scared that this mite freak him out n he may just run away or this cud get awkward between us but I bliv telling som1 how u feel either u a guy or a girl is d right thing to do..
I rily do need to know if I sud tell him how I feel or just keep my feelings till he tells me if he has feelings for me ..I bliv som guys find it awkward wen gurls tell dem how dey feel bou dem... wat will u advice I do pls?

Sweetie I'm going to share my experience with you like I did in a previous thread
preshuzpearl:
Well, I have actually been friendzoned. Last week precisely.

Thing is I've liked him for a really long time (100level or so) like 8 years ago but I never had the courage to tell him so we were just friends.
Last week I decided I was going to 'woman' up and just say it. The worst I'll get is a 'No' and maybe some humiliation but I'd have freed my mind. So here's how our conversation went:

[13:31, 07/12/2014] me: Hi.

[13:37, 07/12/2014] him: Hi, how are you ?

[13:38, 07/12/2014] me: Am good
I have something to say to you.

[13:39, 07/12/2014] him: No qualms.

[13:40, 07/12/2014] me: I cant send it here. Give me your email address I'll attach it as a note to u.

[I attach a note describing all my mumble-jumble squashy smushy feelings and send to his email]

After a while.

[15:14, 07/12/2014] him: Your note is so sweet.

[15:14, 07/12/2014] me: Thanks.

[15:14, 07/12/2014] him: And I like you too
How on earth would you say I would hate you for sending that note.

[22:23, 07/12/2014] me: U understood what I wrote.

[22:24, 07/12/2014] him: Yeah I read what I could. Come on skype. If not we can talk here.

[22:25, 07/12/2014] me: Skype might be a little difficult.

[22:25, 07/12/2014] him: Okay no qualms.

[22:25, 07/12/2014 me: I dont know what to say really. I never wanted to say anything. ..cos u know, African mentality and all.
But I thought I shld go ahead anyway.

[22:28, 07/12/2014] him: I really don't think it's bad for you to say what's on your mind.
Especially for someone like me cause I understand how you feel.
Now back to it.
Like I said before I like you too. But the thing is that the extent may differ.
You're amazing as a person and as a friend.
Somehow I can get to sense when someone likes me.
And it's not a big deal.
I too have such feelings.
But sometimes this world is more than feelings.
Seriously.

[22:32, 07/12/2014] me: You r right.

[22:32, 07/12/2014] him: At some point while growing up there was a girl I felt same way for.
And I was simply too fascinated a about her.
But time passed.
She left.
Do I still feel same way for her today? Nooo.
But fact is that I can only get with one person.
That's the truth. I was attracted to you at some point, ***** at some point and even ***** at some point and really, I've not felt like taking it into a relationship level or something.
(***** are names of my close friends)

[22:40, 07/12/2014] me: hmmm I've been in and out of feelings a long tym with loads of people..yes.
Usually it doesn't take long. And I never think highly of it.
I just surprise for your own. Lol

[22:41, 07/12/2014] him: Ha ha ha ha.
[22:43, 07/12/2014] him: Maybe why it came back was because we later touched base.

[22:43, 07/12/2014] me: Oohh. Yeah maybe that's why.

[22:45, 07/12/2014] him: I've respected you as a friend.
And still respect you even up till now.
But I can't say anything about a relationship.
Cause it hadn't come to mind.
And that's sensitive.

[22:46, 07/12/2014] me: No its not. I wasn't thinking relationship.

[22:46, 07/12/2014] him: I really really don't want to break anybody's heart whatsoever.

[22:56, 07/12/2014] me: nah. It's just to free my mind. Finish.
[22:57, 07/12/2014] him: Cool.

Trust me it's not the end of the world. I felt the same way you are feeling before voicing out. I was scared. But now? I'm happy I did it.

I've stopped contact with him amicably. I've let it off my mind...and It feels good.
We r still friends though

5 Likes

Re: How To Decently Tell A Guy You Are In Love With Him - Nairalander Needs Advice. by ToyozzieTohBad(f): 1:37pm On Dec 18, 2014
LIKE if you think some guys here wish they are the one she is talking about grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: How To Decently Tell A Guy You Are In Love With Him - Nairalander Needs Advice. by adewasco2k(m): 1:39pm On Dec 18, 2014
I'm a guy and I will tell you:

DONT TRY IT

He will either freak out and things get awkward that you will regret telling him or he will play along and treat you like trash.

I was in this situation just few days ago.
Re: How To Decently Tell A Guy You Are In Love With Him - Nairalander Needs Advice. by lilmax(m): 1:40pm On Dec 18, 2014
No be only "Decently " grin
Re: How To Decently Tell A Guy You Are In Love With Him - Nairalander Needs Advice. by holatin(m): 1:40pm On Dec 18, 2014
Move close to him and sing fall in love by dbanj

2 Likes

Re: How To Decently Tell A Guy You Are In Love With Him - Nairalander Needs Advice. by Nobody: 1:41pm On Dec 18, 2014
Hmm

.SWEAT TOO MUCH?then we need to talk.
Sweat free team
Re: How To Decently Tell A Guy You Are In Love With Him - Nairalander Needs Advice. by Dolypson04(m): 1:41pm On Dec 18, 2014
jenniferjon:
Seriously a friend told me similar thing like urs just last night. Unlike u,she took a bolder step by asking d guy if he wud like them to go deeper by dating. She told me the guy only said "maybe". I still cnt figure out what that maybe means tho
Re: How To Decently Tell A Guy You Are In Love With Him - Nairalander Needs Advice. by Adaeze003(f): 1:44pm On Dec 18, 2014
FWB situations often tricky... it can be that he loves you or on the contrary sees u as just a sex object... either way, you have to let him know how you feel and I suggest in clear terms to avoid assumptions.

If he loves you, fine... if not, at least you can move on...

1 Like

Re: How To Decently Tell A Guy You Are In Love With Him - Nairalander Needs Advice. by Mathematical(f): 1:44pm On Dec 18, 2014
Just spill it sweetheart,he might as well have something for you. If he's yours he will understand how emotion run seizely like a damaged tap .and if he get turn off and shy away.. reconstruct
Re: How To Decently Tell A Guy You Are In Love With Him - Nairalander Needs Advice. by nairaman66(m): 1:45pm On Dec 18, 2014
Lisaflex:
Abort mission!!! Never ever do dt, cos u'll regret it...A lot of dudes wld go on n on abt hw dey wouldn't mind if a girl does dt buh wen d situation arises,its a diff ball game....On d oda hand, if he happens 2 be among d few(1%) dt do not mind,u myt start 2 2nd guess d r/ship(relate everyfn he does wrong or evry ish u guys hv 2 d fact dt u made d 1st mv) n dts not healthy

Entire grammatical syntax error! System failure... Please restart! cheesy

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Decently Tell A Guy You Are In Love With Him - Nairalander Needs Advice. by freecocoa(f): 1:46pm On Dec 18, 2014
jenniferjon:
The funniest thing is that i don't even know wat we r doing any more..maybe its a rlntnshp or its benefit but intimacy is just involved...I just wanna find out how he feels so I can move on n stop hoping jor
Ah, I didn't see this before advising you, if intimacy is already involved, what do you need to tell him again? If you both have been going at it and he hasn't said anything about what kind of relationship it is, then my dear, it's just about the $ex and moment for him, atleast till he falls if he falls.
Re: How To Decently Tell A Guy You Are In Love With Him - Nairalander Needs Advice. by Adaeze003(f): 1:46pm On Dec 18, 2014
Dolypson04:

Seriously a friend told me similar thing like urs just last night. Unlike u,she took a bolder step by asking d guy if he wud like them to go deeper by dating. She told me the guy only said "maybe". I still cnt figure out what that maybe means tho

It means he don't like her! Just tell your friend to back out b4 it becomes a "had I known" situation. Thank...

1 Like

Re: How To Decently Tell A Guy You Are In Love With Him - Nairalander Needs Advice. by virginboy1(m): 1:49pm On Dec 18, 2014
jenniferjon:
It is a random guy that have less respect for women or no feelings for you,that will take it awkward.
Well,there was a day a lady i used to chat with on fb took up d courage and ditched out to me how I make her feels,how i give her butterfly on her tommy bla bla bla.Initially i thought she wanted to play games with me,but after friendzoning her and doing my little research,I found out her feelings were genuine.
Now i can't go a day without thinking about her.
Just tell the guy your mind,but be carefull he is not a player or misogynist,if not ehnnnnn......na yawa ooo
Re: How To Decently Tell A Guy You Are In Love With Him - Nairalander Needs Advice. by nceedaga(m): 1:49pm On Dec 18, 2014
just simply tell him hw u feel, if it doesnt work out surely u'll get over him. stop mkin life complicated.

1 Like

Re: How To Decently Tell A Guy You Are In Love With Him - Nairalander Needs Advice. by KMB: 1:49pm On Dec 18, 2014
Action speak louder than words....
Re: How To Decently Tell A Guy You Are In Love With Him - Nairalander Needs Advice. by Dicksonnadi: 1:51pm On Dec 18, 2014
My gf was d one who started d relationship and now we r still love birds-its bin up to 6yrs

5 Likes

Re: How To Decently Tell A Guy You Are In Love With Him - Nairalander Needs Advice. by kdjo: 1:51pm On Dec 18, 2014
there is one disturbing me now
Re: How To Decently Tell A Guy You Are In Love With Him - Nairalander Needs Advice. by Sylvarresta(m): 1:54pm On Dec 18, 2014
thrizzle:

Most guys freak out but if he feels the same way he won't, I think you should keep it to your self sha cause when us guys know a girl is really into us we either lose interest or take her for granted
Exactly, it has happened to me b4, I like the girl but when she told me she's in love with me I started hating which later resulted in me not picking her calls again
Re: How To Decently Tell A Guy You Are In Love With Him - Nairalander Needs Advice. by Amadaz(m): 1:57pm On Dec 18, 2014
Don't say it, show it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Landlord’s 16year Old Girl Is A Sex Monster / My Girlfriend Told Me She’s A Water Spirit (mami Water) / Your Marital Status?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.