Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,284 members, 7,807,961 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:13 AM

Ever Wonder How Long You Can Go Without Sleep? - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ever Wonder How Long You Can Go Without Sleep? (9166 Views)

Is It Harmful To Stay Awake For 4 Days Without Sleep / PHOTO - This Simple Sitting Test Could Predict How Long You Will Live. / What's The Longest You've Gone Without Sleep? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ever Wonder How Long You Can Go Without Sleep? by gidistar: 2:18pm On Dec 19, 2014
lol
Re: Ever Wonder How Long You Can Go Without Sleep? by vizkiz: 2:19pm On Dec 19, 2014
i'v gone a whole day without sleep...had a concert @night and ended 6am...but i woke up 1pm grin

1 Like

Re: Ever Wonder How Long You Can Go Without Sleep? by braintext(m): 2:21pm On Dec 19, 2014
DoubleFaith:

LOL. Be serious
A week
Re: Ever Wonder How Long You Can Go Without Sleep? by adedayourt(m): 2:21pm On Dec 19, 2014
No, cus I usually sleep off even b4 I strt d wondering process
Re: Ever Wonder How Long You Can Go Without Sleep? by Whizzdom(m): 2:21pm On Dec 19, 2014
yes
Re: Ever Wonder How Long You Can Go Without Sleep? by jeff2222(m): 2:29pm On Dec 19, 2014
DoubleFaith:
They said sleep is essential to the body just like breath. And it has been experimented on rats, that between 11-32days of sleep deprivation, they die.
I am just wondering if one decides to just stay awake or rather is forced to stay awake i.e without sleep, what is going to happen? Will he/she surivive? How long will he/she going to last?
Doctors oya...
I think 2 days
Re: Ever Wonder How Long You Can Go Without Sleep? by Olusanya333(m): 2:32pm On Dec 19, 2014
It depends on the situation on ground. I can go on without sleep for as much as i can go without water.
Re: Ever Wonder How Long You Can Go Without Sleep? by DoubleFaith(m): 2:33pm On Dec 19, 2014
bushdoc9919:

This doctor says.....DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT.

In 1959....someone went for 200 hours without sleeping. Let's just say it didn't end well.

Sleep is needed for your brain to function well, helps keep the weight down, and helps you recharge for the business.

It is recommended .....8 Hours of sleep every 24 hours.

waow. That is like 8 days. Wondering what the 'not end well' could be...death, psychosis...
Re: Ever Wonder How Long You Can Go Without Sleep? by chuka5000(m): 2:45pm On Dec 19, 2014
yorex2011:
Actually.. Depriving someone of sleep is one of the worse torture possible.. There are machines that can do that by jolting the person whenever he tries to fall asleep... But i doubt if anyone can go more than 3 days without any form of sleep. The person fit mad

I have done 4 days without sleep.
I'm still sane
Re: Ever Wonder How Long You Can Go Without Sleep? by dapsonjegz(m): 2:51pm On Dec 19, 2014
no big deal na,i do stay awake 4 83hrz dependiin on my wrk
Re: Ever Wonder How Long You Can Go Without Sleep? by ekea2001: 2:56pm On Dec 19, 2014
if you can sleep and wake up when you want - be HAPPY and give GOD thanks even if you go on 101 or 001 , but pls thank God for sleep - Kng of Pop MJ 2009 begged to sleep and did everything possible, it makes you suicidal and I bet don't ever pray to experience it!! Many millionaires have this money and I know some but Insomnia na bastard!!
Re: Ever Wonder How Long You Can Go Without Sleep? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Dec 19, 2014
Two days...but d next day i will sleep for d whole day
Re: Ever Wonder How Long You Can Go Without Sleep? by iwriterng(m): 3:03pm On Dec 19, 2014
Did approximately 72hours this year.

Had to write two exams everyday, consecutively for three days. One in the morning, the other into the evening. The most stressful week of my life.

Modified: I know of a resident doctor that stayed awake for 4days. Residency is a bit.tch

2 Likes

Re: Ever Wonder How Long You Can Go Without Sleep? by Ifecomumito(m): 3:06pm On Dec 19, 2014
I have gone 5 days without sleep,but my fada is d longest I have seen(he's gone 3 weeks without dozzing)
Re: Ever Wonder How Long You Can Go Without Sleep? by DoubleFaith(m): 3:30pm On Dec 19, 2014
iwriterng:
Did approximately 72hours this year.

Had to write two exams everyday, consecutively for three days. One in the morning, the other into the evening. The most stressful week of my life.

Modified: I know of a resident doctor that stayed awake for 4days. Residency is a bit.tch

...just remembered my doctor friend, he went 3 days on a stretch in the theater without sleep. On his way home he had an accident while driving...'microsleep.' Thank God he survived
Re: Ever Wonder How Long You Can Go Without Sleep? by initialize(m): 3:38pm On Dec 19, 2014
3 days.... I'm not a sleeper
Re: Ever Wonder How Long You Can Go Without Sleep? by nekaa(f): 3:59pm On Dec 19, 2014
The longest I stayed was 2days.. during my final ND exams, all my papers were back to back. By the third day I could feel my sanity leaving me, I ached all over I couldn't do anything not to even mention reading.
Re: Ever Wonder How Long You Can Go Without Sleep? by fembross(m): 4:56pm On Dec 19, 2014
2days
Re: Ever Wonder How Long You Can Go Without Sleep? by Nobody: 5:27pm On Dec 19, 2014
The longest so far? 65 hours to be exact. I woke up 2 hours later.
Re: Ever Wonder How Long You Can Go Without Sleep? by Nobody: 5:35pm On Dec 19, 2014
I do 48 hours - no sleep on a regular basis. I know it is bad for my health and all but i gotta do what i gotta do when i gotta do it!
Re: Ever Wonder How Long You Can Go Without Sleep? by Nobody: 7:09pm On Dec 19, 2014
Ahhh not too long as am a terrible sleeper grin
Re: Ever Wonder How Long You Can Go Without Sleep? by coluwagbemiga(m): 7:36pm On Dec 19, 2014
The best any human being can go before dying is between 2-3days
Re: Ever Wonder How Long You Can Go Without Sleep? by Austyn44(m): 11:11pm On Dec 19, 2014
After 2 days, you start behaving like a rabbit. Sleeping with your eyes open grin
Re: Ever Wonder How Long You Can Go Without Sleep? by UjSizzle(f): 12:08am On Dec 20, 2014
I've gone 24hrs and it felt like my head was filled with air.
Re: Ever Wonder How Long You Can Go Without Sleep? by Mynd44: 12:17am On Dec 20, 2014
UjSizzle:
I've gone 24hrs and it felt like my head was filled with air.
Airhead syndrome...

No. 99 missy
Re: Ever Wonder How Long You Can Go Without Sleep? by otswag(m): 8:01am On Dec 20, 2014
Theres a very rare disease called fatal familial insomnia where d person has progressively worsening insomnia until eventually d ability to sleep Is totally lost.D person eventually dies from d mental exhaustion after being sleepless for months. The average duration of the disease Is about 7-36 months but d period of total loss of sleep lasts only about 3months

1 Like

Re: Ever Wonder How Long You Can Go Without Sleep? by Chuckd123(m): 2:30pm On Dec 21, 2014
DoubleFaith:

*Modified*
...one is forced to stay awake?

The CIA is accused of forcing suspected terrorists to stay awake for a period of time depriving them of sleep for a period of time unimaginable.. It has physiological and psychological effects..
Re: Ever Wonder How Long You Can Go Without Sleep? by sirkonline(m): 5:10pm On Apr 04, 2020
DoubleFaith:
They said sleep is essential to the body just like breath. And it has been experimented on rats, that between 11-32days of sleep deprivation, they die.
I am just wondering if one decides to just stay awake or rather is forced to stay awake i.e without sleep, what is going to happen? Will he/she surivive? How long will he/she going to last?
Doctors oya...

Toimi Soini in Hamina, Finland from February 5 to the 15th, 1964. Sleepless for 11.5days or 276 consecutive hrs.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Panadol Extra Launches Campaign For Tough People / Can An "AC" Blood Genotype Go With an "AS" Genotype? / I Have Not Seen My Period For Two Months Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.