Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,794 members, 7,802,529 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:57 PM

Ladies Take Their Health More Seriously Than Guys. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ladies Take Their Health More Seriously Than Guys. (2408 Views)

I'm Seriously Considering Cheating On My Husband / Wife Needed - Anyone Around The Corner - Seriously Searching / Energy Drinks Being Marketed To Teens Are Harming Their Health (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ladies Take Their Health More Seriously Than Guys. by Nobody: 5:37am On Dec 18, 2014
Its just a personal observation that ladies takes their health more seriously than guys, any little symptoms they take very seriously even the slightest headache but guys are not like that at all. A lady cannot be shy to tell her peers she's feeling sick, they will whine and complain about any slight pain sometimes I think they are just seeking unnecessary attention but I think its just their nature. But we the guys, always looking as if all is well when clearly its not. Lol, I witnessed a car accident yesterday a man a woman were invoved. They were both in the same car and the woman was shouting as if she would die any minute but the man was saying he's alright even though he was bleeding profusely. A guy will hardly complain that he's sick, because he doesn't want to be seen as a wimp or weakling but ladies will discuss their health issues in details you will wonder if they are in a board meeting. I don't know if its because they are the weaker s.ex or because they are always afraid or too fragile that make them panic everytime a health issue comes up. Or is it that guys are too careless with their health, they don't care or that macho-instinct always make us to proud to worry about these stuffs, I don't know .
Re: Ladies Take Their Health More Seriously Than Guys. by Tallesty1(m): 5:58am On Dec 18, 2014
You sef... Who will take care of the situation if both of them are shouting. As a man, you gotta be in control or atleast give her the impression that things are cool even when you ain't too sure............ Being a man revolves around that.

Don't Talk, Think!!!!!!
Re: Ladies Take Their Health More Seriously Than Guys. by Nobody: 6:08am On Dec 18, 2014
Tallesty1:
You sef... Who will take care of the situation if both of them are shouting. As a man, you gotta be in control or atleast give her the impression that things are cool even when you ain't too sure............ Being a man revolves around that.

Don't Talk, Think!!!!!!
I'm not limiting this to just married couples, guys are like that even myself. And who says guys cannot be in control and still complain a little about their health instead of forming die hard all d time

1 Like

Re: Ladies Take Their Health More Seriously Than Guys. by Nobody: 6:46am On Dec 18, 2014
I want to take this from a more critical point of view our attitude to health care generally as Nigerians.
1. During pregnancy women have to undergo tests to ensure all will be fine with the baby. It is in some of these instances we then discover that the family has HIV infections not because the women want to do these tests but because the hospital demands them.
Apart from mandatory antenatal tests, both sexes have almost the same attitude to health issues; CARELESSNESS.

2. Attitude towards stis: a woman will notice discharge in her vagin-a and instead of going to a doctor she will go and ask her friends who will prescribe some drugs they heard that someone with the same symptoms took. The lady goes to the road side chemist without testing to know whats actually wrong buys these drugs and swallows within some days.symptoms clear but mostly infection remains, she then goes back silently to have Se-x with the same person who gave her the stis and gets reinfection, now due to abuse of the drugs from the first time the infection has developed resistance. She still goes back to her friends and they recommend more drugs she takes and same circle. Now, she decides its a normal reoccurring infection and finds a way around it not knowing this may be damaging her organs and blocking her tubes.

The right thing to do when you have an infection is go to the hospital and say the TRUTH. Please dont insult the doctors intelligence by claiming it's a toilet disease the doctor will order tests and know the difference. It is important that your sexua-l partner is also tested and treated and both of you counselled in safe sex so you both wont have future complications.
For men its the same thing, same attitude and results in destroying their spe- rm banks making their sper-m unhealthy and in future difficult to impregnant their spouses.

3. Aches and pains; it is important to note that headache is not a sickness itself but a sign from your body that something is not working well. Both genders ignore these signs. This is why relief drug manufacturers always write " if symptoms persists after 2 days consult your doctor " but with us instead of consulting our doctors we take stronger medication supress symptoms, fire prayers and imagine ignorance is bliss.
It could be one of several things, could be sign of a new infection which if managed early wouldn't be a problem, it could be blood pressure or blood sugar levels, the point is it pays to know before its too late. We present when we are at the last stage or second to the last stage of the illness then blame villagers, Doctors or enemies when we were the enemies to ourselves. Most of the people who present with kidney, liver failures ignored early signs when their condition would have been better managed and come only when organs have failed and survival chances are low.

3. Cancers: with brea- st cancer we are advised to check once a month for any lumps. Not all lumps are cancerous some can be taken off by a 20 minute surgery but we will panic go to church and pray and pray till it turns into a huge mass. Cervical cancer is one of the easiest cancer to treat if detected early but instead of going to the hospital when symptoms show we take antibiotics till its fully blown at stage 4 thats when you see women coming in.

4. Tests: we need to develop a habit of testing regularly. If you are healthy then keep living healthy life styles. If you need to loose weight or improve your diet you will be so advised.

Men and women none of us should wait till its too late and men keeping quiet wont make the sickness go away
Seek help

6 Likes

Re: Ladies Take Their Health More Seriously Than Guys. by Nobody: 7:35am On Dec 18, 2014
So on point.
Re: Ladies Take Their Health More Seriously Than Guys. by Evina(f): 7:52am On Dec 18, 2014
Okay, let me attempt to understand you. So you are insinuating that ladies take their health more seriously because they panic easily and men don't because they are calm about the situation? What an analysis. undecided

Personally, I can't stand it when ladies are hysterical over little issues. I prefer to be quiet, think it through and act. Being in a panic state clouds sensible judgement.

3 Likes

Re: Ladies Take Their Health More Seriously Than Guys. by Tallesty1(m): 8:12am On Dec 18, 2014
lofty900:
I'm not limiting this to just married couples, guys are like that even myself. And who says guys cannot be in control and still complain a little about their health instead of forming die hard all d time
Who tell you say nah die hard 'em dey form?

Person who is injured or sick should seek medical help instead of making unnecessary noise.
Re: Ladies Take Their Health More Seriously Than Guys. by Nobody: 8:16am On Dec 18, 2014
aisha2:
I want to take this from a morw critical point of view our attitude to health care generally as Nigerians.
1. During pregnancy women have to undergo tests to ensure all will be fine with the baby. It is in some of these instances we then discover that the family has HIV infections not because the women want to do these tests but because the hospital demands them.
Apart from mandatory antenatal tests, both sexes have almost the same attitude to health issues; CARELESSNESS.

2. Attitude towards stis: a woman will notice discharge in her vagin-a and instead of going to a doctor she will go and ask her friends who will prescribe some drugs they heard that someone with the same symptoms took. The lady goes to the road side chemist without testing to know whats actually wrong buys these drugs and swallows within some days.symptoms clear but mostly infection remains, she then goes back silently to have Se-x with the same person who gave her the stis and gets reinfection, now due to abuse of the drugs from the first time the infection has developed resistance. She still goes back to her friends and they recommend more drugs she takes and same circle. Now, she decides its a normal reoccurring infection and finds a way around it not knowing this may be damaging her organs and blocking her tubes.

The right thing to do when you have an infection is go to the hospital and say the TRUTH. Please dont insult the doctors intelligence by claiming it's a toilet disease the doctor will order tests and know the difference. It is important that your sexua-l partner is also tested and treated and both of you counselled in safe sex so you both wont have future complications.
For men its the same thing, same attitude and results in destroying their spe- rm banks making their sper-m unhealthy and in future difficult to impregnant their spouses.

3. Aches and pains; it is important to note that headache is not a sickness itself but a sign from your body that something is not working well. Both genders ignore these signs. This is why relief drug manufacturers always write " if symptoms persists after 2 days consult your doctor " but with us instead of consulting our doctors we take stronger medication supress symptoms, fire prayers and imagine ignorance is bliss.
It could be one of several things, could be sign of a new infection which if managed early wouldn't be a problem, it could be blood pressure or blood sugar levels, the point is it pays to know before its too late. We present when we are at the last stage or second to the last stage of the illness then blame villagers, Doctors or enemies when we were the enemies to ourselves. Most of the people who present with kidney, liver failures ignored early signs when their condition would have been better managed and come only when organs have failed and survival chances are low.

3. Cancers: with brea- st cancer we are advised to check once a month for any lumps. Not all lumps are cancerous some can be taken off by a 20 minute surgery but we will panic go to church and pray and pray till it turns into a huge mass. Cervical cancer is one of the easiest cancer to treat if detected early but instead of going to the hospital when symptoms show we take antibiotics till its fully blown at stage 4 thats when you see women coming in.

4. Tests: we need to develop a habit of testing regularly. If you are healthy then keep living healthy life styles. If you need to loose weight or improve your diet you will be so advised.

Men and women none of us should wait till its too late and men keeping quiet wont make the sickness go away
Seek help
on point. This is really an eye opener but @ least u agree with me that ladies run 2 dia friends 4 advise, guys don't ! Especially when it concerns health issues.
Re: Ladies Take Their Health More Seriously Than Guys. by Nobody: 8:20am On Dec 18, 2014
Tallesty1:
Who tell you say nah die hard 'em dey form?
lol ! Tell me wetin Dem dey form na
Re: Ladies Take Their Health More Seriously Than Guys. by Nobody: 8:22am On Dec 18, 2014
You are right. it's actually research-proven.
the chief reason being that, men think less of visiting hospitals due to 'other pressing concerns'.
Most times the body adjust all it's system to re-attain stability but what is not noticeable is that the micro damages tend to accumulate overtime leading to injurious consequences.
MAN TAKE CARE OF YOUR HEALTH!
Re: Ladies Take Their Health More Seriously Than Guys. by Nobody: 8:41am On Dec 18, 2014
OsHYBRID:
the chief reason being that, men think less of visiting hospitals due to 'other pressing concerns'.
Most times the body adjust all it's system to re-attain stability but what is not noticeable is that the micro damages tend to accumulate overtime leading to injurious consequences.
gbam
Re: Ladies Take Their Health More Seriously Than Guys. by Nobody: 8:58am On Dec 18, 2014
Which is probably why more women live longer

1 Like

Re: Ladies Take Their Health More Seriously Than Guys. by Nobody: 9:41am On Dec 18, 2014
Mondisweets:
do they ?
Re: Ladies Take Their Health More Seriously Than Guys. by coogar: 9:50am On Dec 18, 2014
Mondisweets:

men are risk takers.....
the kinda activities a boy child would engage himself in is way more dangerous than the girl child. if i tell you some of my near death experiences when i was a teen, you would do testimony for me in church on sunday. cheesy

i have cheated death several times - i am not supposed to be here.
Re: Ladies Take Their Health More Seriously Than Guys. by Nobody: 10:01am On Dec 18, 2014
coogar:

men are risk takers.....
the kinda activities a boy child would engage himself in is way more dangerous than the girl child. if i tell you some of my near death experiences when i was a teen, you would do testimony for me in church on sunday. cheesy

baddest guy, don't let death cheat u next time o. I no fit cry
Re: Ladies Take Their Health More Seriously Than Guys. by Nobody: 10:01am On Dec 18, 2014
OsHYBRID:
You are very right, it's a fact! We ran a focus group on the issue a few weeks ago and generally men down-prioritise a trip to the doctor over other issues like work, errands, mates, and a belief that their health problems aren't "serious enough" and will heal itself. One man told me he hadn't seen a doctor in 40years shocked (I didn't want to assault his health flow but I encouraged a check up at least). The problem with health and men is one of preventing premature deaths. My uncle died of bowel cancer after seeing blood in his poo beforehand but delayed a visit to the doctor.

To the wives and girlfriends who may be reading this; you are an important factor in your man's health, fact! Even they will admit this. So, if he shares concerns or you observe anything untoward, you do have the power of persuasion at your disposal. Talk to him, encourage him, get him to a doctor, perhaps even go with him kiss
Re: Ladies Take Their Health More Seriously Than Guys. by coogar: 10:03am On Dec 18, 2014
Flytefalls:

You are very right, it's a fact! We ran a focus group on the issue a few weeks ago and generally men down-prioritise a trip to the doctor over other issues like work, errands, mates, and a belief that their health problems aren't "serious enough" and will heal itself. One man told me he hadn't seen a doctor in 40years shocked (I didn't want to assault his health flow but I encouraged a check up at least). The problem with health and men is one of preventing premature deaths. My uncle died of bowel cancer after seeing blood in his poo beforehand but delayed a visit to the doctor.

To the wives and girlfriends who may be reading this; you are an important factor in your man's health, fact! Even they will admit this. So, if he shares concerns or you observe anything untoward, you do have the power of persuasion at your disposal. Talk to him, encourage him, get him to a doctor, perhaps even go with him kiss

it's the male ego....
men don't want to be seen as a weakling so they bottle it up.
Re: Ladies Take Their Health More Seriously Than Guys. by Nobody: 10:04am On Dec 18, 2014
coogar:

men are risk takers.....

Women too are risk takers i doubt men would be willing to go through the pain and complications that come with child birth, yet you will find a woman doing it 4,5 times despite the risks and she will still outlive her husband cheesy
Re: Ladies Take Their Health More Seriously Than Guys. by Nobody: 10:04am On Dec 18, 2014
coogar:

men are risk takers.....

This risk taking cry. Hypertension factor for females.
Re: Ladies Take Their Health More Seriously Than Guys. by Nobody: 10:06am On Dec 18, 2014
lofty900:
do they ?
They usually do
Re: Ladies Take Their Health More Seriously Than Guys. by coogar: 10:08am On Dec 18, 2014
Mondisweets:
Women too are risk takers i doubt men would be willing to go through the pain and complications that come with child birth, yet you will find a woman doing it 4,5 times despite the risks and she will still outlive her husband cheesy

giving birth is a natural process....
there's no big deal in it - a recent research even proved women exaggerate the pains to look like heroes.

when i say risk taking, i mean doing things like mountain climbing, surfing, skydiving & in my own case...... car-racing with friends in the dead of the night(no headlights) - just a handheld torch. grin
Re: Ladies Take Their Health More Seriously Than Guys. by Nobody: 10:13am On Dec 18, 2014
coogar:

it's the male ego....
men don't want to be seen as a weakling so they bottle it up.
Yep. There is a new male-oriented project initiated to address dislike of being observed when engaging with health care (at a pre-diagnosis level). The uptake is increasing, which is good to know (I work closely with one of the project managers). They are trying.
Re: Ladies Take Their Health More Seriously Than Guys. by Nobody: 10:19am On Dec 18, 2014
coogar:

there's no big deal in it - a recent research even proved women exaggerate the pains to look like heroes.
child birth pain is probably as intense as having 5 bones breaking at the same time. How does one exaggerate the pain? undecided i bet you will squeal like a little girl at the sight of a syringe but you are talking anyhow when it comes to women tongue

when i say risk taking, i mean doing things like mountain climbing, surfing, skydiving & in my own case...... car-racing with friends in the dead of the night(no headlights) - just a handheld torch. grin
there are a lot of women who do that, but there are usually white. Anything unnecessary is usually white.

Let a African black men die from a shark bite because he went Scuba diving and see if elderly family members will not call him a very big fool at his funeral grin
Re: Ladies Take Their Health More Seriously Than Guys. by lilmax(m): 10:56am On Dec 18, 2014
Almost true
Re: Ladies Take Their Health More Seriously Than Guys. by BuddhaPalm(m): 11:02am On Dec 18, 2014
coogar:

men are risk takers.....

It depends bro...

Under certain circumstances, the sheer recklessness and brazen daredevilry displayed by certain women, will shock even a very mad man, with a death wish.

Let's consider prostitutes and runs-girls for example. Mehn, these girls get MIND die!

Physically, the average male is several times more powerful than a woman. Yet, these girls have zero hesitation in following, say, 4 strange men, they don't know from Adam, to wherever

...In the dead of the night!

Is it the fucktheworldedness of shamelessly standing on the road, in sexy-wear, and hawking their wares. I don't know many men who are desensitized to such high levels of social-pressure.

Jedi-level shid I tell you.

Some dudes even get high-blood-pressure from just waiting for a cab.

Or is it the perpetual willingness to take-on even Mike Tyson himself, if he renegades on his earlier 'agreement' grin.

And finally, what is even more reckless than commercializing your woman-parts - with all the fancy diseases out there.

1 Like

Re: Ladies Take Their Health More Seriously Than Guys. by coogar: 11:11am On Dec 18, 2014
BuddhaPalm:

It depends bro...

Under certain circumstances, the sheer recklessness and brazen daredevilry displayed by certain women, will shock even a very mad man, with a death wish.

Let's consider prostitutes and runs-girls for example. Mehn, these girls get MIND die!

Physically, the average male is several times more powerful than a woman. Yet, these girls have zero hesitation in following, say, 4 strange men, they don't know from Adam, to wherever

...In the dead of the night!

Is it the fucktheworldedness of shamelessly standing on the road, in sexy-wear, and hawking their wares. I don't know many men who are desensitized to such high levels of social-pressure.

Jedi-level shid I tell you.

Some dudes even get high-blood-pressure from just waiting for a cab.

Or is it the perpetual willingness to take-on even Mike Tyson himself, if he renegades on his earlier 'agreement' grin.

And finally, what is even more reckless than commercializing your woman-parts - with all the fancy diseases out there.

the motivation is money....
when money is involved, do we even need to start analysing. the urge to survive outweighs any risk. how are runs girl different from armed robbers taking on a bullion van - knowing they might die if something goes wrong.

we are talking about risks you take that you won't even get paid for them.

Mondisweets:
child birth pain is probably as intense as having 5 bones breaking at the same time. How does one exaggerate the pain? undecided i bet you will squeal like a little girl at the sight of a syringe but you are talking anyhow when it comes to women tongue

women are only the mammals that need hospital to give birth. that should tell you something about the exaggeration i am talking about.

there are a lot of women who do that, but there are usually white. Anything unnecessary is usually white.

not as much as the males....
there's a reason the cost of insuring the male teenage driver is almost twice as much as his female counterpart in all parts of the world. men take too many risks in one lifetime not to have untimely deaths.

Let a African black men die from a shark bite because he went Scuba diving and see if elderly family members will not call him a very big fool at his funeral grin

they will curse him cos of their village orientation. death is death. people have died eating, drinking water or slipping in the bathroom. when death comes, there's no need shipping the blame to the deceased.
Re: Ladies Take Their Health More Seriously Than Guys. by zibah1: 11:20am On Dec 18, 2014
coogar:

You have obviously not been through labour so do not say what you do not know. That it is a natural process does not make it any less painful or any less a risk. It is God that sees women through.
As for your examples of risk taking, as Mondisweets said, women do it too - just usually whites or at least westerners. To people in Nigeria, it would appear unnecessary. It is done just for the feeling of exhilaration or sense of adventure tho a few may be pros at such. To each his own i guess.
Re: Ladies Take Their Health More Seriously Than Guys. by Pavore9: 11:20am On Dec 18, 2014
We should encourage each other to take our health more seriously because death does not discriminate.
Re: Ladies Take Their Health More Seriously Than Guys. by Nobody: 11:35am On Dec 18, 2014
coogar:

women are only the mammals that need hospital to give birth. that should tell you something about the exaggeration i am talking about.

You would rather have your children given birth to under one iroko tree or cave?

not as much as the males....
there's a reason the cost of insuring the male teenage driver is almost twice as much as his female counterpart in all parts of the world. men take too many risks in one lifetime not to have untimely deaths.
lets sugarcoat plain old stupi.dity and call it risk-taking grin okay continue

they will curse him cos of their village orientation. death is death. people have died eating, drinking water or slipping in the bathroom. when death comes, there's no need shipping the blame to the deceased.
Village mentality or not, stupi.dity is still stupi.dity. There is nothing glamorous about it! Only a foolish person would go chasing his/her own death, its an entirely different thing when it happens unexpectedly.
Re: Ladies Take Their Health More Seriously Than Guys. by Nobody: 11:37am On Dec 18, 2014
zibah1:

You have obviously not been through labour so do not say what you do not know. That it is a natural process does not make it any less painful or any less a risk. It is God that sees women through.
As for your examples of risk taking, as Mondisweets said, women do it too - just usually whites or at least westerners. To people in Nigeria, it would appear unnecessary. It is done just for the feeling of exhilaration or sense of adventure tho a few may be pros at such. To each his own i guess.
Don't mind him he probably cannot handle an injection, but he is here talking anyhow cheesy
Re: Ladies Take Their Health More Seriously Than Guys. by coogar: 11:54am On Dec 18, 2014
Mondisweets:

You would rather have your children given birth to under one iroko tree or cave?

our ancestors gave birth in such circumstances & you could argue they were stronger than the fragile folks we have around today.

lets sugarcoat plain old stupi.dity and call it risk-taking grin okay continue

that's why it's called risk.
the reward is great & if it fails, it makes one look like a complete idïot. why do you think people that go such lengths to take risks people like us would seem stüpid get national awards for bravery?

Village mentality or not, stupi.dity is still stupi.dity. There is nothing glamorous about it! Only a foolish person would go chasing his/her own death, its an entirely different thing when it happens unexpectedly.

risk takers are heroes when they succeed - stüpid when they fail. you cannot be extremely successful in this life and not take great risks.

imagine zuckerberg & bill gates' dropping out of school because of their dreams. how would they have looked of the dreams didn't happen for them? exactly - we would say they were stüpid for dropping out & not bagging a degree before pursuing their wet dreams.
Re: Ladies Take Their Health More Seriously Than Guys. by Nobody: 12:05pm On Dec 18, 2014
coogar:

our ancestors gave birth in such circumstances & you could argue they were stronger than the fragile folks we have around today.
i didn't ask about your ancestors i asked about you.

that's why it's called risk.
the reward is great & if it fails, it makes one look like a complete idïot. why do you think people that go such lengths to take risks people like us would seem stüpid get national awards for bravery?
there is a difference between taking a risk for a worth cause, and making a foolish decision because of ones inability to control an adrenaline rush.

risk takers are heroes when they succeed - stüpid when they fail. you cannot be extremely successful in this life and not take great risks.

martin luther king ---> hero
A surfer who dies after a shark attack ---> silly goat

imagine zuckerberg & bill gates' dropping out of school because of their dreams. how would they have looked of the dreams didn't happen for them? exactly - we would say they were stüpid for dropping out & not bagging a degree before pursuing their wet dreams.
they didnt drop out of school to become armed robbers, they did it to fulfil their dreams legally.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Sizzlers Challenge!(with Pics) / Am So Confused,urgent Advice Needed / Taking Financial Help From One And Getting Married To Another.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.