Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:34 AM

INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship - Literature (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship (267933 Views)

A Christmas Miracle - New Romance Story About Christmas / Class Clash- A story about love and family background/status / The University Village - A Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by Queening(f): 6:55pm On Apr 29, 2015
Bluestarry:
no! I don't think so. Am sure it bola's ex and his dad that committed the crime, remember he vowed to destroy any obstacle hindering them from reaching to their political dreams, my opinion though.
bola's ex z ken
Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by Queening(f): 7:01pm On Apr 29, 2015
Bluestarry:
no! I don't think so. Am sure it bola's ex and his dad that committed the crime, remember he vowed to destroy any obstacle hindering them from reaching to their political dreams, my opinion though.
ken z bola's ex
Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by merasnipes(f): 9:00pm On Apr 29, 2015
Guy wetin we do u? Na crime 2 like ur story again? Abeg update na am begging u wit all ur fore fathers plsss.
Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by Nobody: 11:04pm On Apr 29, 2015
Bluestarry:
yea Ken is Bola's ex
Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by Maryofficial(f): 2:26pm On Apr 30, 2015
Feeling grt pity 4 both Ama nd Kelvin.....

Wondering who got shot b/w Bola and her dad
Pls wen re we getting the next update
Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by rotluv: 2:40pm On Apr 30, 2015
I guess bola got shot. And with dis chief will be grieved at d killers of frank. I guess dis occurence will help matters.
Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by Oyinprince(m): 4:55pm On Apr 30, 2015
Next update will be tonight

1 Like

Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by silverx(m): 5:51pm On Apr 30, 2015
We are patiently wating,but you have to be specific of the time.thanks anyway since you have finally decided give out chapter twenty seven.
Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by merasnipes(f): 8:37pm On Apr 30, 2015
Its 9t already pls more updates tnx.
Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by cheskabiney: 8:37pm On Apr 30, 2015
Hmmmmm this is interesting. Please what time will the update come
Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by teeman10: 8:59pm On Apr 30, 2015
Nice 1 watin 4 d next chapter
Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by labaski(f): 9:06pm On Apr 30, 2015
patiently waiting..
Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by Oyinprince(m): 10:29pm On Apr 30, 2015
CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN

The whole city woke up to the news of Chief Olatunbosun's death, it occupied every newspaper headline and TV breaking report. By the last night when it was first reported, it was unconfirmed because the media houses had only been hinted by a source who lived in the mansion but the news was confirmed that morning from several sources especially the police who testified that the Chief was shot by his daughter during an argument, he died instantly. The daughter who also shot herself did not die but was under intensive care in the hospital. The CID team was currently concluding their investigation based on the recorded conversation they found on Bola's phone.

Bode did not believe his eyes when he first red the breaking news on Nairaland's front page, an online forum for citizens of the country, he only believed after he heard the same on the TV and radio.

He wondered why Bola had to shoot the father, what went wrong? Their deal was only to make him admit to killing Frank and provide the recording for police investigations.

Just the last night, he had been thinking of calling Bola to stop the move after thinking deeply about the plan. He concluded that am ordinary phone recording would not be enough to implicate the Chief, it might even complicate the matter. But now that the conversation recorded had been found by the police in the Chief's house and it was already confirmed that it was a recorded conversation between the man and his daughter, the information recorded might just be useful.

He tucked his shirt properly and put on the suit jacket and headed straight for work, hoping to continue his private investigation when he resumes from work.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Dennis could not concentrate on his job, there were lots of untouched files and unread emails that he was supposed to attend to bi couldn't because he lacked the zeal to do anything that morning. He was even forced by his mother to come to work that morning.

Hr remembered how Helen sent him out angrily of her office the day before after he tried to argue the test result with them.

"Wow! So Amarachi actually used the knife on the deceased" Helen exclaimed, reacting to the announcement of the result made by Dele. "I can't believe I was actually feeling sympathy for criminals"

"You see, that's why it looks like I'm cold hearted sometimes" Uche joined, "with their pity faces when being interrogated, one would think they are innocent not knowing we are dealing with hardened criminals who have only mastered the art of feigning ignorance"

"You're right Uche, I blame myself for not following what you said, you said we already had enough evidence and we should proceed to court but I gave them a benefit of doubt"

"No, I don't think you should blame yourself, those criminals acted well, they could have convinced the judge that they were innocent with their brilliant lies and faces. The judge would have still sent us to go and make the test"

"You guys should shut up! " Dennis who had been quiet since the announcement, suddenly shouted. "I know Amarachi cannot kill anyone, I believe that guy Kelvin planted that knife in her room"

"Oh! What makes you say so mister?" Helen asked calmly using hand signals to make Uche who was reading to vent his anger on Dennis calm.

"You see, Kelvin drugged Amarachi to sleep with her and he made access to the house that day without anyone's knowledge, it is possible that he had returned to the house after the murder and kept the knife there"

"Oh God!" Uche was the first to reply, shaking his head slowly in contempt. "Do you realize how dull what you just said is? You say Kelvin planted the knife there even when Amarachi already admitted to be the one who dropped the knife there?"

"But..."

"It's okay Mr Dennis, it looks like you don't have any relevant information to give us, so I'll ask that you leave now" Helen said, looking straight at him. "What I will advise you do now is get a good lawyer and prepare well for the court trail"

"But..."

"Shhh... Mr" she said placing a finger on her lips to shut him up. "Just leave now, if you have anything to prove, do that in the court"

"I just..."

"Get out Mr " Helen cut in, this time more authoritatively.

He had no option than to leave the place, he drove home quietly in confusion. He believed that Amarachi would not lie to him and that she was saying the truth when she said she didn't use the knife to kill anyone, what he couldn't understand was how the knife was the same used in the murder.

After thinking more deeply, he had to agree with Uche that his suggestion was really foolish after Amarachi had attested to the fact that she kept the knife inside the room.

A loud bang on the table jolted Dennis back to reality, there was the Chairman standing at the other side of the table.

"Welcome sir" he greeted.

"What's wrong with you Dennis? I knocked on your door several times and you didn't answer"

"I'm sorry sir"

"What's the matter with you?"

"Nothing sir"

"Are you sure nothing is wrong with you?"

"Yes sir"

"Then why are you here?"

"Here?" Dennis looked puzzled by the question. He asked himself where else was he supposed to be.

"Yes, weren't you told that you were supposed to be in a meeting this morning?"

"Oh!" He opened his mouth in shock, suddenly remembering that he was reminded of the meeting by his secretary that morning as he walked into the office and had been sent several reminders afterwards.

Sweat oozed out and trickled down his face as he realized that he wasn't prepared for the meeting. He started scattering his table looking for unknown files and reports.

"Son" the Chairman called calmly as he watched him in awe. "Are you alright?"

"Yes sir" Dennis replied, still scattering the table in a fruitless search.

"But you're not prepared for this meeting"

"I am sir"

"No, you're not" the man said and sat down in the visitor's seat. He held Dennis hand, stopping him from scattering the table.
"Tell me son, what's the matter? I can see you're distressed" he said to Dennis like a father, which Dennis never had. "I could have sent someone else to come and get you but I decided to come here myself because I already noticed you had something troubling you from our previous meeting this week. Tell me, is it Amarachi"

"Yes" he replied sadly, tears almost dropping off his eyes.

"You're in love with her?"

"Yes, I am and I don't think I can live without her. But now she might be sentenced to prison for something she knows nothing about"

"So, what are you doing to help her out?"

"I'm trying my best sir, I've gotten a lawyer and I'm trying to help the police with their investigation but things aren't working out, the way it is now, she might be found guilty by the court"

"Alright boy, do everything you can do to help her if you really trust her. This is your opportunity to stand by her"

"Yes, I will"

"Good, so you can take a week off to rest and strategize. I will delegate someone to take care of the jobs we have"

"Huh?" Dennis replied, not believing what he heard

"Yes boy" , the chairman replied, patting him on the shoulder.

"But remember you have to start work effectively whenever you resume", the chairman concluded and left the office.

Dennis arranged everything on his table properly, he quickly shut down the system and packed some files into his bag. After making sure the place was neat, he picked his bag and walked outside the office.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"Good evening ma" Bode greeted Helen as he sat into the visitor's chair in her office.

"Good evening Mr Bode, how was your day?" She asked, offering an handshake to him.

"Fine ma, yours?"

"Fine too. Well, you can stop the ma. My name is Helen, call me Helen"

"Okay Helen" he smiled. "The news of Chief Olatunbosun's death was all over town this morning"

"Yeah, it's a pity. No one ever thought a mighty man would fall like that"

"That's true, the most astonishing thing is that he was shot by his daughter"

"No, it was accidental" Helen explained. "Based on our investigation and evidence of the phone recording made available, we discovered that the gun went off in a struggle for it between the father and daughter"

"Oh! So she didn't shoot him as the news reports?"

"No, she didn't. The gun went off in a struggle and when she discovered that her father had breathed his last, she decided to end her life too"

"But I heard she didn't die"

"Yes, but she's still very unconscious in the hospital"

"Okay" he said and thought for a moment before he continued again. "Please ma, ... Sorry Helen. Do we have enough information to serve as evidence that the Chief killed Frank?"

"No, Bode. I'm sorry, the phone recording only proves that the Chief is innocent" Helen replied sadly. "Rather we have proof that Amarachi and her accomplice carried out the murder and that accomplice is very likely to be your friend Kelvin except she tells us otherwise"

"What proof is that?"

"The knife found in Amarachi's room has been proven to be the one used for the murder"

"No, that can't be true"

"It is very true, we've not had time to interrogate Amarachi again because of this Chief's case but I'm sure she wouldn't be able to deny anymore and even if she does, one thing is sure. We're heading to the court very soon"

"But... " he was saying when Helen's phone rang.

"Please excuse me" she said as she checked the caller and answered the call. "Oh! Ok, we'll be there as soon as possible"

She ended the call and dialed another number. "Uche, she's conscious now. Let's meet at the Etyle City Hospital"

"Bola is awake?" Bode asked with his eyes widely opened.

"Yes and I'll have to go there now" She said, clearing her table.

"I'll follow you"

"No, I'm sorry. You can't"

"Please, you have to allow me" Bode pleaded.

"No, I'm sorry. This CID team is an efficient one, you have to leave us to do our investigation"

"I just need to see her and probably ask a few questions"

"I'm sorry, No. You would not be allowed to see her"

"Can't you do anything about it?"

"No please" she took her car keys and stood up from the seat. Her phone rang again.

"Yes doctor" she answered the call.

"Ehen... Okay... No problem" She replied and looked at Bode's face as if the caller had asked of him.

"Alright, lets go" she said to Bode

"Let's go to the hospital?"

"Yes, the doctor said Bola had demanded to see you"

...to be continued

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by Oyinprince(m): 10:30pm On Apr 30, 2015
Sorry it came late guys
Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by Nobody: 11:03pm On Apr 30, 2015
Oyinprince:
Sorry it came late guys

Thanks prince, it's worth the wait..
I hope bola is about to make a confession about her plot wt Sandra frm d onset.... its a good thing she didn't die yet!!!

2 Likes

Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by Nobody: 3:51pm On May 01, 2015
Thanks for making my day with the update oyin,God bless you and please keep it coming.
Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by Nobody: 3:56pm On May 01, 2015
Thanks for making my day with the update oyin,God bless you and please keep them coming.You are superb
Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by awesomebabe(f): 4:57pm On May 01, 2015
Short Of Words Have Been Reading As If My Whole Life Is Dependent On The Story. Filled With Suspence. Nice Story Thanks. OYIN
Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by Chivee(f): 7:44pm On May 01, 2015
Still pinned to my seat totally intrigued & frustrated.... Which kind twists and turms be this self... #fridgetting#
Oyin nawa 4 u oh.. Chaiii!!!!
Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by Nobody: 9:27pm On May 01, 2015
Oyinprince Have you tried Wikinut yet? Write about whatever you like and get paid royalties - http://www.wikinut.com/in/ujjgfg/
Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by sbyna: 9:28pm On May 01, 2015
No oooooooo I want more, I hv been glued to my phone all evening. I tot the story would end before I reach d last page. Please continue I can't wait......
Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by Nobody: 5:27pm On May 02, 2015
wow
Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by omobola200(f): 7:53pm On May 02, 2015
Wonderful story bro, keep up d good work. You are really the boss, with twist in this story, I can't just wait to know what happen next. Keep it coming. Pls when is the next update.
Thanks for giving us the opportunity to be a part taker in this story.
WELL DONE
Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by Nobody: 8:32pm On May 02, 2015
prettydiva89:
wow

Why do some gals use stupid monikers. Imagine pwetty diver. Come on.
Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by Preeteeshir(f): 8:44pm On May 02, 2015
Nice work bro, following lyk kilode
Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by Oyinprince(m): 9:14pm On May 02, 2015
ArrowAssassin:

Pretty "Diva" not "Diver"
Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by Oyinprince(m): 9:18pm On May 02, 2015
just typing now, updates will come late tonight or tomorrow
Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by Nobody: 9:30pm On May 02, 2015
ArrowAssassin:

And how does that disturbs your life and progress
ArrowAssassin:

ArrowAssassin:

Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by Nobody: 9:31pm On May 02, 2015
Oyinprince:
Pretty "Diva" not "Diver"
Thanks for correcting him
Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by GATED(f): 9:45pm On May 02, 2015
Great job Oyin! We're waiting impatiently

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (39) (Reply)

My Complicated Love Story / The Reluctant Bride / First Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.