Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,582 members, 7,809,111 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:33 PM

Family Self Defense: Focus On Women Group (case Study Nigeria) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Family Self Defense: Focus On Women Group (case Study Nigeria) (2722 Views)

What Is Your Take On Women That Grow Bears / Husbands Will Be Scarce By 2023- Women Group / Quality Nigerian Husbands Will Be Scarce By 2023 - Women Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Family Self Defense: Focus On Women Group (case Study Nigeria) by Nobody: 3:15pm On Dec 18, 2014
Lets face it, Nigeria is fast becoming a hell hole and all sorts of violence is going on and there is little or no help to curb these acts.

I read somewhere how militants attacked a family and the father (head of the house) flee, leaving the wife and kids to be kidnapped. Probably killed as we speak.

This lead for an idea for women to start taking actions of their lives, try and protect themselves and their loved ones.

No matter how fit or strong you are, the best way to increase your self-protection skills is to focus on targeting key points of the body. After that, improving your fitness level can increase the force you deliver to the targets.

Exercising can help you attain the force to help you in time of need,but in the case you havent gotten used to exercising, i will start with the basic thing a woman can use for the time need.

Pictures will be displayed to illustrate the exercise.
This is Christmas and election season, and i want every member of Nairaland to be safe and no excuse. A lot of kidnapping, rituals, going on here and there and majority of the victims are women.

Pls also share with loved ones. smiley

Lets start!
Re: Family Self Defense: Focus On Women Group (case Study Nigeria) by Nobody: 3:23pm On Dec 18, 2014
Pepper spray!

Pepper spray irritates the eyes to cause tears, pain, and temporary blindness. Its used in policing, riot control, crowd control, and personal self-defense, including defense against dogs and bears. Its inflammatory effects cause the eyes to close, taking away vision. This permits people using pepper spray for self-defense an opportunity to escape.

Now since it might be difficult to get one in Nigeria, we have to design ours (simple) with the following ingredients.

Yellow cameroon pepper (nice aroma and deadly)
Water
Spray bottle

Preparation.

Grind pepper until smooth
get a used spray bottle. You might want to find that from kitchen cleaning liquid. Use a spoon, put some quantity in it and add some water. shake vigorously. clean the bottle very well with soap and water. then seal off the cover with a tape to avoid leaks.
put in your bag filled with make up then off you go smiley.
Re: Family Self Defense: Focus On Women Group (case Study Nigeria) by pickabeau1: 3:28pm On Dec 18, 2014
It will be helpful if you put illustrations also

How will the pepper water solution become like a spray
Re: Family Self Defense: Focus On Women Group (case Study Nigeria) by herald9: 3:37pm On Dec 18, 2014
missberrypop5
missmossy
ghostlady -appear

this is for youcheesy
Re: Family Self Defense: Focus On Women Group (case Study Nigeria) by Nobody: 3:40pm On Dec 18, 2014
pickabeau1:
It will be helpful if you put illustrations also

How will the pepper water solution become like a spray

ok.

this is a pic of spray bottle.

you can get most of these in supermarkets with cleaning liquid in them.
the nozzles are ok, effective on a good distance, well targeted.

i use something similar in mixture for my hair, so i know it works
Re: Family Self Defense: Focus On Women Group (case Study Nigeria) by Nobody: 3:42pm On Dec 18, 2014
Re: Family Self Defense: Focus On Women Group (case Study Nigeria) by pickabeau1: 3:46pm On Dec 18, 2014
Chillisauce:

ok.

this is a pic of spray bottle.
[img]ttp://www.scaredycatrescue.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/spray-bottle.jpg[/img]

you can get most of these in supermarkets with cleaning liquid in them.
the nozzles are ok, effective on a good distance, well targeted.

i use something similar in mixture for my hair, so i know it works

Better

1 Like

Re: Family Self Defense: Focus On Women Group (case Study Nigeria) by Nobody: 3:57pm On Dec 18, 2014
grin This woman don come again.
Re: Family Self Defense: Focus On Women Group (case Study Nigeria) by Nobody: 4:06pm On Dec 18, 2014
Continued,

If you happen to find yourself late in the park, what will you do especially when we know the situations of some our parks.

If possible stay in the vehicle if you think its safer. If not,
Leave the park all changed up like a gangster male (not female, these people no send you if you e craze woman o). We know the parks are full of wandering sick individuals who can harm you as little as 100bucks.

Go ahead and scatter that hair, redress like a deranged being so they might see you as another new crazy fellow in the area. I don’t care how you do it but make sure in such journey you have some back up clothes and shoes. You never tell how you will save yourself from harm.
I heard a story once when a guy came in from lagos to portharcourt for an interview, his bus arrived midnight and left him at this eleme junction park. Where you have dangerous fellow who can shoot you if you don’t drop your bag. Anyway, the fellow removed his t shirt, sagged his panties and these dangerous bad boys were even hailing him thinking he was a new cray cray. That action alone saved him from a lot that could have happened to him.

That leads to thinking outside the box!
Re: Family Self Defense: Focus On Women Group (case Study Nigeria) by Nobody: 4:09pm On Dec 18, 2014
byvan:
grin This woman don come again.

mr byvan, where did you keep our beeevan? cheesy
Re: Family Self Defense: Focus On Women Group (case Study Nigeria) by Nobody: 4:12pm On Dec 18, 2014
Chillisauce:

mr byvan, where did you keep our beeevan? cheesy

Lol, i still dey find my password.

1 Like

Re: Family Self Defense: Focus On Women Group (case Study Nigeria) by Nobody: 5:42pm On Dec 18, 2014
herald9:
missberrypop5
missmossy
ghostlady -appear

this is for youcheesy
lol I already have one dear.....I ll probably try the op's own too...
Thanks for the tag wink

1 Like

Re: Family Self Defense: Focus On Women Group (case Study Nigeria) by SAMBARRY: 6:03pm On Dec 18, 2014
Chilli sauce another self defense gadgets is insecticide especially raid or baygon wink

just spray it directly into the eyes of the attacker
the effect of it om the eye pupils is deadly or better still called sweet revenge tongue grin

baygon is worse. Spray it directly on the eyes or into the nostrils and see how that person will choke if sprayed well into the nostrils cool
Re: Family Self Defense: Focus On Women Group (case Study Nigeria) by cococandy(f): 6:33pm On Dec 18, 2014
On point gan.
Re: Family Self Defense: Focus On Women Group (case Study Nigeria) by Nobody: 7:05pm On Dec 18, 2014
I love this thread. smiley

Self defence for women 101.

1 Like

Re: Family Self Defense: Focus On Women Group (case Study Nigeria) by Nobody: 7:06pm On Dec 18, 2014
SAMBARRY:
Chilli sauce another self defense gadgets is insecticide especially raid or baygon wink

just spray it directly into the eyes of the attacker
the effect of it om the eye pupils is deadly or better still called sweet revenge tongue grin

baygon is worse. Spray it directly on the eyes or into the nostrils and see how that person will choke if sprayed well into the nostrils cool

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Family Self Defense: Focus On Women Group (case Study Nigeria) by Nobody: 7:17pm On Dec 18, 2014
herald9:
missberrypop5
missmossy
ghostlady -appear

this is for youcheesy
am already preparing one now. cheesy thanks dear for da tag. #following.

1 Like

Re: Family Self Defense: Focus On Women Group (case Study Nigeria) by ifyalways(f): 7:25pm On Dec 18, 2014
Pepper spray in fancy cans, stun gun etc are all sold in Nigeria, Lagos at least.
Staying indoors, don't step out until it's 6am, once it's 6pm, stay indoors. Create your own fun.
Maintaining a low profile. No unnecessary posing on or off the Internet.
Being kind, nice and courteous to everyone ( driver, nanny, security guy, cashier, front desk)
Be smart and street wise. Blend in any environment.

^ ^. My lagos survival tips. Nice thread.

2 Likes

Re: Family Self Defense: Focus On Women Group (case Study Nigeria) by Nobody: 7:42pm On Dec 18, 2014
One basic self defense tactics when you have no strength at all. It's screaming.

In Nigeria, when you are being attacked and you scream...' arm robbers, kidnappers, etc'. People will quickly lock up themselves , no one wants to die.

One thing that works really when especially when robbers attack your house. about breaking in. Shout

'Fire'...!fire o!!! Keep screaming fire and the whole neighborhood will run out. Some even naked. No robbers would want to continue the attack cheesy.

And pls don't abuse it. Use it when you are really in danger.

I dey come make I clean pikin sh1t
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Family Self Defense: Focus On Women Group (case Study Nigeria) by Missmossy(f): 8:01pm On Dec 18, 2014
Present grin herald9 am here!
Re: Family Self Defense: Focus On Women Group (case Study Nigeria) by SAMBARRY: 8:22pm On Dec 18, 2014
Sophyrocks:

grin grin grin
werepe is another effective and dangerous self defense mechanism. Just pour some at the attacker . It's as light as dusting powder and it's very cheap. Just 10naira worth is okay. If e like make e carry ak 47? Cutlass and other weapons
na him go fling am imsef
e go scratch body till e tear im skin and even when he's visibly bleeding he's still scratching his body. The more he scratches the more he bleeds. Just pour small on the body. If e no scratch im body reach im flesh make i grow dheek

cheesy
Re: Family Self Defense: Focus On Women Group (case Study Nigeria) by LordReed(m): 4:12am On Dec 19, 2014
Chillisauce teaching how to make pepper spray...priceless grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Family Self Defense: Focus On Women Group (case Study Nigeria) by Nobody: 9:28am On Dec 19, 2014
LordReed:
Chillisauce teaching how to make pepper spray...priceless grin grin grin

berra call your loved ones to come learn something of value here wink

Did you see sambarry's technique?
these are just the basics, sit and watch until we enter the karate aspect cool

1 Like

Re: Family Self Defense: Focus On Women Group (case Study Nigeria) by Rich4god(m): 11:09am On Dec 19, 2014
Am loving this thread... Very informative... lol @Fire shouting...
Re: Family Self Defense: Focus On Women Group (case Study Nigeria) by LordReed(m): 12:25pm On Dec 19, 2014
Chillisauce:

berra call your loved ones to come learn something of value here wink

Did you see sambarry's technique?
these are just the basics, sit and watch until we enter the karate aspect cool

O boy na the karate I want sef!
Re: Family Self Defense: Focus On Women Group (case Study Nigeria) by crackhaus: 1:35pm On Dec 19, 2014
Chillisauce, video of you fighting karate or...
Re: Family Self Defense: Focus On Women Group (case Study Nigeria) by Nobody: 1:16pm On Dec 20, 2014
LordReed:

O boy na the karate I want sef!

crackhaus:
Chillisauce, video of you fighting karate or...

class dismiss. We resume after the holiday. smiley

Get your boxing gear ready!
Re: Family Self Defense: Focus On Women Group (case Study Nigeria) by Nobody: 1:21pm On Dec 20, 2014
Nice thread Chilli! Thanks! smiley

1 Like

Re: Family Self Defense: Focus On Women Group (case Study Nigeria) by Nobody: 2:33pm On Dec 20, 2014
Nice thread chilli.
Compliments kiss

1 Like

Re: Family Self Defense: Focus On Women Group (case Study Nigeria) by Nobody: 3:40pm On Dec 20, 2014
moca:
Nice thread chilli.
Compliments kiss

thanks babe, same to you!

How is the natural hair movement going? Mine is packing one now, and im loving it cool

hope you havent given up.
Re: Family Self Defense: Focus On Women Group (case Study Nigeria) by Nobody: 3:51pm On Dec 20, 2014
Chillisauce:

thanks babe, same to you!

How is the natural hair movement going? Mine is packing one now, and im loving it cool

hope you havent given up.

cheesy
Still far from packing mine but its really beautiful.just loose short twisting I did with it yesterday.
Somebody said I now look like a south african mixed blood(whatever that means) cheesy

I just can't wait for it to be like two yrs.
U know I started with no single hair on my head at all.
Hubby's own is still longer(2yrs plus) and grows faster.
His DG don tire for d guy case cheesy
Re: Family Self Defense: Focus On Women Group (case Study Nigeria) by Nobody: 3:58pm On Dec 20, 2014
When a Robber Asks For Your Wallet On the Street

Guess some of us know this one.
If you encounter someone who is asking you to hand over your wallet or purse DO NOT hand over your bags or purse to him, toss them away from you. Chances are that he is keener to have your wallet/purse than you. He might chase your wallet and you can escape from the situation or kick him off. Run like mad in the opposite direction.

Safe yourself first. Because the robber is likely to collect your bag from you and still harm you.

Dont go practicing your karate with someone with a gun.

(1) (2) (Reply)

7 Easy Ways To Keep Your Vagina Healthy And Young / Missing Wura Is Dead, Family Found Her Body In Canal / Pls,my Friend Needs Your Advice!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.