Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,425 members, 7,800,938 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:09 AM

The Average Nigerian Man Is A Hypocrite - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Average Nigerian Man Is A Hypocrite (21780 Views)

Nigerian Man Married To 57 Women,150 Grandchildren (Photo) / A Nigerian Man Got Married To His Indian Girlfriend ( Pix Galleries) / What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Average Nigerian Man Is A Hypocrite by Nobody: 3:46pm On Dec 18, 2014
The Average Nigerian man of today expects his wife/girlfriend to not depend on him financially, she should be an independent woman, she should be like the women from the west who would pay the bills when they both go out on a date.

On the other hand, the average Nigerian man of today wants a humble, loyal and submissive woman a woman who MUST NOT behave like women from the west who would challenge his authority as head, argue with him and even give him a slap when the argument becomes intense, no, mba. In other words they want gender equality but do don't want gender equality.
Isn't this the greatest hypocrisy of all times?

68 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Average Nigerian Man Is A Hypocrite by Vivly(f): 4:54pm On Dec 18, 2014
No. I think they want a humble, loyal and submissive woman that is independent and does not depend on them financially.

79 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Average Nigerian Man Is A Hypocrite by Nobody: 9:41pm On Dec 18, 2014
When did you become an advocate for men? @ vivly
They should just know they can't have it all, no one woman can be all.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Average Nigerian Man Is A Hypocrite by AlexisM16: 9:51pm On Dec 18, 2014
Vivly:
No. I think they want a humble, loyal and submissive woman that is independent and does not depend on them financially.

Dislike.
Coming from a lady. C'mon. Are you trying to prove any point here?

13 Likes

Re: The Average Nigerian Man Is A Hypocrite by Vivly(f): 10:05pm On Dec 18, 2014
firstEVA:
When did you become an advocate for men? @ vivly
They should just know they can't have it all, no one woman can be all.
Not an advocate. Just an observer like you.
AlexisM16:

Dislike.
Coming from a lady. C'mon. Are you trying to prove any point here?
No. Trying to prove a line.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Average Nigerian Man Is A Hypocrite by Nobody: 7:56am On Dec 19, 2014
firstEVA:
The Average Nigerian man of today expects his wife/girlfriend to not depend on him financially, she should be an independent woman, she should be like the women from the west who would pay the bills when they both go out on a date.

On the other hand, the average Nigerian man of today wants a humble, loyal and submissive woman a woman who MUST NOT behave like women from the west who would challenge his authority as head, argue with him and even give him a slap when the argument becomes intense, no, mba. In other words they want gender equality but do don't want gender equality.

Wrong, the average Nigerian man does not want a woman that cannot slap him, he wants the one that won't scream murder if he knocks her teeth out in retaliation

62 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Average Nigerian Man Is A Hypocrite by Nobody: 8:22am On Dec 19, 2014
I wouldn't say hypocrites, I'd say confused. Our young people aren't taught what marriage means and the roles they should play in it.

5 Likes

Re: The Average Nigerian Man Is A Hypocrite by mhyra(f): 9:32am On Dec 19, 2014
Some men Don't know what they want until they're stuck with someone they can Not change.. just be the kinda woman you want to be.. if they Don't like it..?? they should try creating someone who'd fit in their fantasy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Average Nigerian Man Is A Hypocrite by soonest(f): 9:36am On Dec 19, 2014
firstEVA:

I have often pondered on this. I wouldn't say hypocrisy but more of confusion. They don't really know what they want.

2 Likes

Re: The Average Nigerian Man Is A Hypocrite by deeptesting(m): 9:40am On Dec 19, 2014
firstEVA:

What about the Men that pay the bills, assist in domestic work, yet have disrespectful & ungrateful wives... You women are the greatest hypocrites, stop generalizing issues.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Average Nigerian Man Is A Hypocrite by Nobody: 9:46am On Dec 19, 2014
njokusboy:

Wrong, the average Nigerian man does not want a woman that cannot slap him, he wants the one that won't scream murder if he knocks her teeth out in retaliation
grin you are high I swear

4 Likes

Re: The Average Nigerian Man Is A Hypocrite by lilmax(m): 9:54am On Dec 19, 2014
And that is the same reason why I will never depend on my wife's money.....the more guys let women take care of their responsibilities the more the women take them for granted

21 Likes

Re: The Average Nigerian Man Is A Hypocrite by engrtee(f): 2:45pm On Dec 19, 2014
Men are hypocrytes

women are pretenders

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Average Nigerian Man Is A Hypocrite by bennyrazz: 3:22pm On Dec 19, 2014
singing fela's Palava "when trouble sleep, yanga go wake am, wetin hin dey find, palava hin dey find, palava hin go get ti o, palava hin go get"

3 Likes

Re: The Average Nigerian Man Is A Hypocrite by Goldenboy007(m): 7:05pm On Dec 19, 2014
Vivly:

Thank you, best reply... and to the Op - the smart women are combining these traits and are getting the Nigerian men while you are waiting; trying to choose between being humble and Independent!

Come to US and meet Black African American men then you will thank God for Nigerian men!

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Average Nigerian Man Is A Hypocrite by donogaga(m): 8:16pm On Dec 19, 2014
firstEVA:

The average Nigerian girl has a wierd mindset. I have always held to a belief that any girl who expects financial assitance, commendation, praise, eulogy, or credit from her boyfriend might die a frustrated wretch. If he assit you financially, fine... If he doesn't, fine. Don't base your relationship solely on that.

Its wrong to see your boyfriend as an ATM.

Be that as it may, My only goal in life right now is to be happy. Genuinely, intensely and consistently happy, regardless of what that looks like to others. This should be everyone's goal in life.

8 Likes

Re: The Average Nigerian Man Is A Hypocrite by Nobody: 9:21pm On Dec 19, 2014
Goldenboy007:

Thank you, best reply... and to the Op - the smart women are combining these traits and are getting the Nigerian men while you are waiting; trying to choose between being humble and Independent!

Come to US and meet Black African American men then you will thank God for Nigerian men!
common stop acting like you know me, my post is about my observation on the Average Nigerian man, not all men, you'll be surprised that my man is nothing like the average Nigerian man undecided

18 Likes

Re: The Average Nigerian Man Is A Hypocrite by Nobody: 9:23pm On Dec 19, 2014
donogaga:

The average Nigerian girl has a wierd mindset. I have always held to a belief that any girl who expects financial assitance, commendation, praise, eulogy, or credit from her boyfriend might die a frustrated wretch. If he assit you financially, fine... If he doesn't, fine. Don't base your relationship solely on that.

Its wrong to see your boyfriend as an ATM.

Be that as it may, My only goal in life right now is to be happy. Genuinely, intensely and consistently happy, regardless of what that looks like to others. This should be everyone's goal in life.
and if your intense and consistent happiness causes some else's sadness and depression it doesn't matter right? Right!

4 Likes

Re: The Average Nigerian Man Is A Hypocrite by Goldenboy007(m): 10:07pm On Dec 19, 2014
firstEVA:
common stop acting like you know me, my post is about my observation on the Average Nigerian man, not all men, you'll be surprised that my man is nothing like the average Nigerian man undecided

With this your idiosyncrasy , just pray your boyfriend don't find out what he is missing ! Man na man, most men are wired same way! Be independent and humble!!!

5 Likes

Re: The Average Nigerian Man Is A Hypocrite by Nobody: 10:14pm On Dec 19, 2014
Goldenboy007:

With this your idiosyncrasy , just pray your boyfriend don't find out what he is missing ! Man na man, most men are wired same way! Be independent and humble!!!
listen to yourself

16 Likes

Re: The Average Nigerian Man Is A Hypocrite by EfemenaXY: 10:38pm On Dec 19, 2014
His / hers...like bathroom towels.

Boring argument(s). lipsrsealed

5 Likes

Re: The Average Nigerian Man Is A Hypocrite by jumbotron: 1:18am On Dec 20, 2014
deeptesting:

What about the Men that pay the bills, assist in domestic work, yet have disrespectful & ungrateful wives... You women are the greatest hypocrites, stop generalizing issues.

Most times, that man just did not look well.

3 Likes

Re: The Average Nigerian Man Is A Hypocrite by jumbotron: 1:21am On Dec 20, 2014
lilmax:
And that is the same reason why I will never depend on my wife's money.....the more guys let women take care of their responsibilities the more the women take them for granted

Nowadays men do the same though. Besides, it is too stressful for a grown man/woman to depend on another for his/her absolute upkeep. Unless that person is very financially well off, it will cause friction.
Re: The Average Nigerian Man Is A Hypocrite by Truckpusher(m): 3:58am On Dec 20, 2014
I had this vision of many Nigerian girls remaining single and frustrated. grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Average Nigerian Man Is A Hypocrite by jumbotron: 4:01am On Dec 20, 2014
Truckpusher:

You might really want to get busy bro grin...there are other important things to be having visions about.

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Average Nigerian Man Is A Hypocrite by Truckpusher(m): 4:05am On Dec 20, 2014
jumbotron:

You might really want to get busy bro grin...there are other important things to be having visions about.
This vision of mine shouldn't be treated as one of those vision of the dubious Nigerian Pastors.

They sound like this online while offline one not too smart fellow would be controlling them with nothing but just the diick and plenty of lies. grin

9 Likes

Re: The Average Nigerian Man Is A Hypocrite by cococandy(f): 4:46am On Dec 20, 2014
Truckpusher:
yes . I had that vision too.since many nigerian girls were single and frustrated in that vision, the men were all married to goats and horses .

30 Likes

Re: The Average Nigerian Man Is A Hypocrite by Truckpusher(m): 4:50am On Dec 20, 2014
cococandy:
yes . I had that vision too.since many nigerian girls were single and frustrated in that vision, the men were all married to goats and horses .
See them. grin

The men simply got foreign wives from neighboring African countries and the ones that couldn't get a foreign wife made all the single and frustrated girls his baby mamas with each of them competing for his love. tongue

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Average Nigerian Man Is A Hypocrite by cococandy(f): 5:05am On Dec 20, 2014
Truckpusher:
See them. grin

The men simply got foreign wives from neighboring African countries and the ones that couldn't get a foreign wife made all the single and frustrated girls his baby mamas with each of them competing for his love. tongue
ok. That was how your vision panned out? Ngwanu

13 Likes

Re: The Average Nigerian Man Is A Hypocrite by Truckpusher(m): 5:13am On Dec 20, 2014
cococandy:
ok. That was how your vision panned out? Ngwanu
I guess I won then? cheesy

10 Likes

Re: The Average Nigerian Man Is A Hypocrite by cococandy(f): 5:24am On Dec 20, 2014
Truckpusher:
I guess I won then? cheesy
what did you win?

9 Likes

Re: The Average Nigerian Man Is A Hypocrite by Truckpusher(m): 5:27am On Dec 20, 2014
cococandy:
what did you win?
You have this natural hatred for guys that talks like this,don't you?
You take life too serious........smh sad

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? / Couple Welcomes Quadruplets In Jos After 7 Years Of Marriage (Photos) / Lady Outs Her Estranged Mum After She Bragged Being A Proud Mother On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.