Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,517 members, 7,808,888 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:38 PM

Opinion: PDP Grasping At Straws - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion: PDP Grasping At Straws (1031 Views)

Opinion: PDP Should Have Fielded David Mark Instead of GEJ / Opinion: PDP Want Deaf, Dumb And Blind Nigerians / Grasping At Straws (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion: PDP Grasping At Straws by safarigirl(f): 4:01pm On Dec 18, 2014
First off, I want to make a disclaimer that I'm not a member of the political e-thugs, nor am I well versed in the intricacies of Nigerian politics. I'm just an independent observer, pointing out the obvious.

With the recent choice of General Buhari as APC's Presidential candidate, PDP's press releases are getting pathetic by the days. Most of their accusations are petty, unfounded and ludicrous. They have made utterances expected of Primary school kids and it's shameful that people's fathers and grandfathers have been transformed to village jesters because of politics. I will address their foolishness in numbered points.

1) PDP accused Tinubu of God-fatherism: Now this is hilarious coming from the party that heralded God-fatherism in Nigeria and is STILL practicing it. Pray tell, how did a sickly Yar'Adua come into power? Who elevated GEJ from a mute Deputy Governor to VP? Who championed GEJ's elevation to the status of President when Turai was being bull-headed? PDP must think that we'll forget OBJ's immense contributions to GEJ's current position simply because they're beefing.
What about Nyesom Wike of Rivers? Is it not PEJ, one of the Co-Presidents that got him an easy ride to his Governorship candidacy? Did he do it alone? Even Seriake of Bayelsa, how did he dethrone Timipre Sylva? Isn't it because of his impeccable assss-kissing?
So please PDP, you can take that point up to Olumo rock and offer it to Ogun cuz it holds no water.

2) PDP said Buhari has no mind of his own, Tinubu is controlling him: This coming from a party whose candidate allowed his wife to run amock and terrorise the political stability of an entire state. A party whose candidate has refused to sign the PIB because another Co-President may be affected in the Petroleum industry. PDP is the LAST party that should accuse people of mindlessness because their candidate is a tested, trusted and certified ZOMBIE.

3) PDP has questioned the choice of Osibanjo as VP: Now, I'm no genius, but I doubt anyone presenting the mute architect for VP is in any position to question Osibanjo or any other candidate's selection, there are r3t@rds that would've made better VPs than what PDP is parading. If they had any sense, they should've dumped that waste of space for Lamido of Jigawa, anyway that ship has sailed.
I personally would vote any party that doesn't have Namadi as VP. Nuff said.

As an independent observer, it's apparent to me that of both parties, APC has presented a more formidable team for the elections going by pedigree, their choices are also more strategic. I do wish PDP luck, but sentimental choices may be their pitfall in 2015.
If mago-mago is not involved, I really don't see how PDP can win this. Their Otuoke drunka....Jonah grin and Nnama-di are no match for Buhari and Osibanjo. I will miss the many caricatures of GEJ, PEJ, and Nnama-di, so I hope we get a few of Buhari cheesy.

PS: Abeg make una no kill me, I just dey observe wink

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Opinion: PDP Grasping At Straws by seanet02: 4:19pm On Dec 18, 2014
You are right.

6 Likes

Re: Opinion: PDP Grasping At Straws by chemali: 4:23pm On Dec 18, 2014
Spot on. Yours is my post of the day!

6 Likes

Re: Opinion: PDP Grasping At Straws by SeverusSnape(m): 4:23pm On Dec 18, 2014
Okay, we've heard....THANKS for your observations.

even though it was biased

1 Like

Re: Opinion: PDP Grasping At Straws by omenka(m): 4:51pm On Dec 18, 2014
Not even straws, they're grasping at cobwebs. Here is the list of the cobwebs I can remember.

1) They called the General's age to question as though there is any part of the constitution that places an upper age limit on presidential aspirants.

2) They complained about the paper litter left behind at the stadium just after the APC presidential primary!!!shocked

3) They criticised APC for taking up to four days to come up with a running mate for Buhari!!! shocked

4) They asked why the Vice presidential candidate is a pastor just like Bakare, and what Buhari has got with pastors!!!!

5) The queried the Prof's early graduation from school!! shocked

6) They questioned the age of the prof due to the amount of grey hair he's got on his head!!cry

7) Now they complain about the appearance of the professor as compared to Sambo!!!

PDP shows all the symptoms of a desperate, classless, dying, and drowning twerp.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion: PDP Grasping At Straws by Nobody: 4:57pm On Dec 18, 2014
omenka:
Not even straws, they're grasping at cobwebs. Here is the list of the cobwebs I can remember.

1) They called the General's age to question as though there is any part of the constitution that places an upper age limit on presidential aspirants.

2) They complained about the paper litter left behind at the stadium just after the APC presidential primary!!!

3) They criticised APC for taking up to four days to come up with a running mate for Buhari!!!

4) They asked why the Vice presidential is a pastor just like Bakare, and what Buhari has got with pastors!!!!

6) They questioned the age of the prof due to the amount of grey hair he's got on his head!!!

7) Now they complain about the appearance of the professor as compared to Sambo!!!

PDP shows all the symptoms of a desperate, classless, dying, and drowning twerp.

All are issue based campaign according to olisah metuh. cheesy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion: PDP Grasping At Straws by omenka(m): 5:30pm On Dec 18, 2014
django1:

Abi oo!! cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Opinion: PDP Grasping At Straws by Nobody: 6:59pm On Dec 18, 2014
django1:

Rofl

1 Like

Re: Opinion: PDP Grasping At Straws by laimo(m): 7:08pm On Dec 18, 2014
Pdp's drowning arrogantly.2015 will be fun.
Thank God for Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: PDP Grasping At Straws by seunmsg(m): 7:39pm On Dec 18, 2014
Shame on PDP. They can grasp at anything nearby at the moment, it won't last long at all. 2015 will be there year of waterloo, they will receive the kind of shellacking that has never been seen by a ruling party before.

4 Likes

Re: Opinion: PDP Grasping At Straws by Day169: 8:37pm On Dec 18, 2014
omenka:

2) They complained about the paper litter left behind at the stadium just after the APC presidential primary!!!shocked
3) They criticised APC for taking up to four days to come up with a running mate for Buhari!!! shocked

4) They asked why the Vice presidential candidate is a pastor just like Bakare, and what Buhari has got with pastors!!!!

6) They questioned the age of the prof due to the amount of grey hair he's got on his head!!cry

..Petty! Just petty.
PS @django ..u wicked small sha.
Re: Opinion: PDP Grasping At Straws by EdCure: 9:01pm On Dec 18, 2014
PDP is dead, to be cremated on Feb14 and buried on May29.

Go home, GEJ. You're drunk!

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan's Second Daugther Set To Marry Next Month (PHOTOS) / Season Greeting From President Jonathan(photo) / President Jonathan New Year Message To The Nation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.