Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,464 members, 7,801,162 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:42 AM

Adjusting To Life As A Widower - Family (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Adjusting To Life As A Widower (122691 Views)

Poll: How has this thread helped you to appreciate your spouse better and positively affect your relationship?

Very Positive: 90% (9 votes)
Good: 0% (0 votes)
Fair: 10% (1 vote)
Not Really: 0% (0 votes)
Not At All: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Man Bounces Back To Life After Three Days In Morgue (Photo) / Getting Married To A Widower / Adjusting To Parenthood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Joy4mi(f): 3:49pm On Oct 25, 2013
serubawon:
, ask God for wisdom and patience to help you figure out why you're going through these situations and what he wants you to learn from them. Trust me, you'll thank Him for these situations some time in the not too distant future. Stay strong my sister. smiley

Uncle Seru,
Ur statement above is wat made me break my promised silence.i already said by january 2014 i wil come here to giv my testimony.d same advice i was given by u earlier dis yr afta i posted wat i was goin thru.i askedGod to show me why i nd my husband were sufferin,i prayed he shld put us thru.he shld tell us wat he wanted frm us.
Uncle,i just hope my long story wont bore u o,cos God showed himself mightly to us.my husband has been running away frm the callin of God to be his servant(prophet) but we said we were nt ready.
Afta 4 yrs of hardship,we sold evrytin just to survive.i read people's xpriences and advise on dis thread nd decided dis yr was my family's yr of breakthrough.
We decided to submit totally to God's wil for our life. The first set of people my husband preachd nd prayd 4 were totally blessed and delivered. To show appreciation they sent a car to us frm US.
Within 3 mnths tins turnd around totally for us.some mnths back sm1 bought a plot of land so dat we can build a church.
As of now our house is nearin completion.
God restored back to us all we lost for d past 4 yrs.
I'm came back to share my testimony too.

2 Likes

Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Joy4mi(f): 3:59pm On Oct 25, 2013
Joy4mi: Started reading dis thread and i just want to say u av touched my life in so many ways.i am married but my husband and myself ar going thru tough times both financially nd emotionally.i was always depressed to d point of avin a high bp but dis yr i am determined to pray for myself nd my family until our miracle happens.i av learn alot frm all ur post,dose of analytical,tgirl and many more even winniegirl cos i feel like dat so many times. But i am nt givin up. I tryin to build my faith and do those things analytical advised winniegirl to do. So help me GOD. I hope to share my testimonies soon by God‘s grace.

Dis was d first time i shared wat i was goin thru wit u on this thread.
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Nobody: 9:26pm On Oct 25, 2013
Joy4mi:

Uncle Seru,
Ur statement above is wat made me break my promised silence.i already said by january 2014 i wil come here to giv my testimony.d same advice i was given by u earlier dis yr afta i posted wat i was goin thru.i askedGod to show me why i nd my husband were sufferin,i prayed he shld put us thru.he shld tell us wat he wanted frm us.
Uncle,i just hope my long story wont bore u o,cos God showed himself mightly to us.my husband has been running away frm the callin of God to be his servant(prophet) but we said we were nt ready.
Afta 4 yrs of hardship,we sold evrytin just to survive.i read people's xpriences and advise on dis thread nd decided dis yr was my family's yr of breakthrough.
We decided to submit totally to God's wil for our life. The first set of people my husband preachd nd prayd 4 were totally blessed and delivered. To show appreciation they sent a car to us frm US.
Within 3 mnths tins turnd around totally for us.some mnths back sm1 bought a plot of land so dat we can build a church.
As of now our house is nearin completion.
God restored back to us all we lost for d past 4 yrs.
I'm came back to share my testimony too.
This is a great testimony, so happy to hear this. I
This is to show that God is never too late and as long as we are ready to submit to His will and let Him take charge, He's always set to turn our stories around. indeed, "but the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits."

I pray that you shall experience His overflowing grace and blessing, not only will you continually be blessed, but you shall also be a blessing to people. More grace in the ministry ma'am.
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Nobody: 10:36pm On Oct 25, 2013
@joy4mi and @serubawon
interesting..food for thought.
Thanks
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by serubawon(m): 10:43pm On Oct 25, 2013
@Joy4mi

Wow! I'm so happy hearing this, I feel like break dancing. Truly inspiring and encouraging. It shows that the God we serve is always on point and never late. If there is a delay, it's always on our part and God has to patiently wait for us to sync with Him and His promises towards us. I sincerely pray that your breakthrough is permanent and as Salsera has pointed out, you will not just be blessed, but an immense blessing to others.
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by serubawon(m): 10:55pm On Oct 25, 2013
@Handsomegod.

You sound like you used to be immensely accident prone. However, with God, nothing shall be impossible. His purpose for your life is set in stone and the powers of darkness shall not prevail. Great testimonies only emanate from very painful travails and experiences. A lot of people want to give great testimonies, but don't understand that a price is attached to it. The price might be (and mostly is) painful. However, God is so merciful, He ensures that your delivery from pain is so wonderful, that you can't but give Him the glory and honor. He has the capacity to forever wipe away the tears of sorrow and pain, no matter the circumstances. We hear about the story of Job and the calamities that befell him. I'm sure none of us want to go through that. Look at the way God blessed Him in the end. The point I'm trying to make here is that the ultimate goal in our lives is for God's name to be glorified. That's why when we are in pain or sorrow, hand it over to God and ask Him for guidance, wisdom and patience. I didn't say it would be easy, but it is ultimately worth it.

My life shows how you can actually recover from a life changing experience and be happy again. My next story comes up shortly. smiley
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by serubawon(m): 11:00pm On Oct 25, 2013
salsera: @seru

Proverbs has a verse - 'Hope deferred makes the heart sick' . Let's just say I've had one hope too many deferred and its become overwhelming - doesn't make any sense.
So seeing this thread again..was just too much jare.

Abeg do quick make I tie gele ooh! grin

Sit down for a moment, think about what you're going through right now. Now do something that I do. Tell God this: "I don't like this situation and I'm getting burned out. However, I'm really looking forward to how you're going to turn this situation around and glorify your name". Why? Because that's His job. Glorifying His name in our lives. Just like joy4mi, I'm really looking forward to your testimony. Remain blessed.

P.S. Don't worry, gele time is around the corner grin
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Nobody: 9:57am On Oct 26, 2013
shockedshockedshocked
The name of this thread does not do justice to it's contents oo shocked cheesy!

I remember going through the 'Tell Us About Your Marriage' thread & I saw your post about your late wife. Your story was really touching & romantic.
www.nairaland.com/2598/tell-us-marriage/20#9240594

In your story you placed a link to this thread. I took one look at the title 'Life As A Widower' & I was put off immediately.
I envisioned this to be a place where people who lost their loved ones would share some sad stories & I didn't want to be a part of it(sadness). (I've lost my mom, so I can relate & I didn't want to bring back sad memories because she was the best ever) sad.

As GOD would have it, I was led to read this thread recently & I rediscovered never to ever judge a book by its cover grin!

There are so many great posts here!
@Everyone who contributed to this thread, GOD Bless You! *ehugs* & more *ehugs* for all of you!

Most importantly, @Serubawan, I love the way you let us know that your success & breakthrough is based on no one else other than Baba GOD!
Many run to HIM when there is trouble & once there is little peace they stray away from HIM again, forgetting that the beauty in serving my JESUS is when you don't want to ask anything of HIM but just want to savour in HIS Presence.
Although, I got to learn this the hard way but it's a lesson I'll never ever forget.

I am blessed by this thread, thank you so much!

Happy Married Life in Advance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by nbright: 7:52pm On Oct 26, 2013
Nice thread
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by serubawon(m): 10:33pm On Oct 26, 2013
theLORDreigns: shockedshockedshocked
The name of this thread does not do justice to it's contents oo shocked cheesy!

I remember going through the 'Tell Us About Your Marriage' thread & I saw your post about your late wife. Your story was really touching & romantic.
www.nairaland.com/2598/tell-us-marriage/20#9240594

In your story you placed a link to this thread. I took one look at the title 'Life As A Widower' & I was put off immediately.
I envisioned this to be a place where people who lost their loved ones would share some sad stories & I didn't want to be a part of it(sadness). (I've lost my mom, so I can relate & I didn't want to bring back sad memories because she was the best ever) sad.

As GOD would have it, I was led to read this thread recently & I rediscovered never to ever judge a book by its cover grin!

There are so many great posts here!
@Everyone who contributed to this thread, GOD Bless You! *ehugs* & more *ehugs* for all of you!

Most importantly, @Serubawan, I love the way you let us know that your success & breakthrough is based on no one else other than Baba GOD!
Many run to HIM when there is trouble & once there is little peace they stray away from HIM again, forgetting that the beauty in serving my JESUS is when you don't want to ask anything of HIM but just want to savour in HIS Presence.
Although, I got to learn this the hard way but it's a lesson I'll never ever forget.

I am blessed by this thread, thank you so much!

Happy Married Life in Advance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for all the compliments. I sincerely appreciate them. I'm glad you enjoyed the thread and I'm happy you found out that it's not a thread filled with unhappy widowers and widows or sad individuals with personal losses. It's supposed to be a thread of encouragement and it does have it's humorous moments also. Thanks for the compliments on my contribution on the other thread too. grin
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by nemesis(f): 12:45am On Nov 01, 2013
HBD serubobo. Na me 1st greet u 4 ur birthday so na blessin be dat o. 1st of Nov - Scorpio all d way!!!! Im wishin u a very happy nd enjoyment day. many happy returns ooooooooooooooo.
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by serubawon(m): 12:49am On Nov 01, 2013
Thanks nemesis. I didn't even know my birthday was known. So much for secrets.
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Tgirl4real(f): 1:00am On Nov 01, 2013
Happy birthday Sir. LLNP. cheesy
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Nobody: 8:13am On Nov 01, 2013
Happy birthday sir.... May you flourish like a Palm tree, grow like a cedar of Lebanon and flourish in the courts of our God..... Have fun
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by serubawon(m): 12:43pm On Nov 01, 2013
Thanks everyone !
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by serubawon(m): 1:00pm On Nov 01, 2013
Very much appreciated.
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Analytical(m): 1:05pm On Nov 01, 2013
So we share months too? Happy Birthday great pal! Sure life gets better by the year. Enjoy your year, full of God's glory and blessing.
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Joy4mi(f): 2:56pm On Nov 01, 2013
HBD Sir,i pray God will continue to bless and uphold u and ur family so u can continue to be d blessing u already are to d whole world.
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by serubawon(m): 3:02pm On Nov 01, 2013
Analytical: So we share months too? Happy Birthday great pal! Sure life gets better by the year. Enjoy your year, full of God's glory and blessing.

See, I knew we had a link. Thanks man grin
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by serubawon(m): 3:03pm On Nov 01, 2013
Joy4mi: HBD Sir,i pray God will continue to bless and uphold u and ur family so u can continue to be d blessing u already are to d whole world.

Eya, ori mi wu o. Thank you my sister.
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by serubawon(m): 3:04pm On Nov 01, 2013
Omo Daddy354: Happy birthday sir.... May you flourish like a Palm tree, grow like a cedar of Lebanon and flourish in the courts of our God..... Have fun

I definitely will. Thanks.
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by serubawon(m): 3:05pm On Nov 01, 2013
Tgirl4real: Happy birthday Sir. LLNP. cheesy

Thanks Tgirl. I hear you.
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by oluite(f): 5:14pm On Nov 11, 2013
Belated Happy Birthday Sir.Wishing you a happy introduction this month.
embarassedDon't want this thread to end
@ Joy4mi I love your testimony
@Handsomegod I hope you are not still accident prone. Most times it happens at childhood and as you get older,you outgrow it.Will wait for your full story smiley
@ all isn't it just amazing?This thread
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by serubawon(m): 7:18pm On Nov 11, 2013
oluite: Belated Happy Birthday Sir.Wishing you a happy introduction this month.
embarassedDon't want this thread to end
@ Joy4mi I love your testimony
@Handsomegod I hope you are not still accident prone. Most times it happens at childhood and as you get older,you outgrown it.Will wait for your full story smiley
@ all isn't it just amazing?This thread

Thanks oluite. How's life with you?
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by 4BBS(f): 8:54pm On Nov 11, 2013
Our God is awesome! this thread has really brought hope, just when i was about given up on nairaland. 5 solid years full of sweet memories, unmm, I await God of second chance. Thank you Mr Serubawon.
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by jumzzy448: 9:52pm On Nov 11, 2013
HBD sir. Wishing you long life and prosperity.
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by serubawon(m): 12:13am On Nov 12, 2013
4BBS: Our God is awesome! this thread has really brought hope, just when i was about given up on nairaland. 5 solid years full of sweet memories, unmm, I await God of second chance. Thank you Mr Serubawon.

Yes, He is truly awesome. Never late and always on time.
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by serubawon(m): 12:14am On Nov 12, 2013
jumzzy448: HBD sir. Wishing you long life and prosperity.

Thank you very much.
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by 4BBS(f): 7:05am On Nov 12, 2013
@serubawon 'Never late always on time' your thread has really got me thinking since yesterday. As a young widow with kids i thought i have been hoping for the impossible, but with ur thread, i am strongly convinced that with prayer and patience, all will be well.
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by serubawon(m): 9:08am On Nov 12, 2013
4BBS: @serubawon 'Never late always on time' your thread has really got me thinking since yesterday. As a young widow with kids i thought i have been hoping for the impossible, but with ur thread, i am strongly convinced that with prayer and patience, all will be well.

I'm sorry about your loss. Maybe one of these days, the Lord will give you the strength and grace to tell us your story. I know it's painful, but I've also learnt that by sharing, the pain becomes (not any less), but more bearable. I've been in your shoes where I sincerely believed that there was no hope. However, I'm a living testimony that with God, nothing shall be impossible. May God give you all you need to be a pillar of strength for your children. His mercies that endureth forever shall never depart from your household. It is well my sister.

1 Like

Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Kenfil(f): 9:16am On Nov 12, 2013
Wow, everything I read here just encouraged me, and made me cry at d same time. This is d period dat I feel so empty and it seems no one understand Hw I feel.. @ serubawon, prittigrr and everyone I couldn't mention...I pray we all get our heart desires. Amen

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (44) (Reply)

Man Shares Picture After First Sex With His Virgin Wife (Viewers Discretion) / 17-Year-Old Boy Buys A Car For His Mother In Lagos. See Reactions (Photo, Video) / Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.