Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,314 members, 7,808,061 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:17 AM

Why Divorce !!!!!!! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Divorce !!!!!!! (1424 Views)

Is There A Singular Reason Why Divorce Is Now Commonplace Among African Couples? / What Would Make You Divorce Your Spouse? / What Can Make U Divorce Your Spouse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Divorce !!!!!!! by Nobody: 6:16pm On Dec 18, 2014
Some of our parents saw each other and live together for the first time AFTER the marriage, and they're still
together. But yet this Generation can court for10 yrs (probably sleep at each others place on several occasions) bt still divorce after 2yrs or few more.

Why is this so?
Could this be because sex was involved before the right time or what?

Please feel free to drop your comments and let's Learn Share And Grow
Re: Why Divorce !!!!!!! by Gflat: 6:24pm On Dec 18, 2014
this is because we have too many girls out there and few women a man can call wife...check out those peeps living happy, it because their wives are making the home a hapy place to be. But lotta "chicks" out there will only want "tall, handsome, rich, celebrity" guys.

They finally get their dream, 2years later, they get bored then next is divorce(shm for women of this generation)
Re: Why Divorce !!!!!!! by chimerase2: 6:31pm On Dec 18, 2014
Learn what? undecided

I luv eating ofe okoro no mata de duration so nothing dey here to learn tongue
Re: Why Divorce !!!!!!! by Nobody: 6:46pm On Dec 18, 2014
chimerase2:
Learn what? undecided

I luv eating ofe okoro no mata de duration so nothing dey here to learn tongue

its what you fink .... when u get there you will understand cos I fink u don't yet!!
Re: Why Divorce !!!!!!! by lilmax(m): 6:53pm On Dec 18, 2014
Wrong partner
Re: Why Divorce !!!!!!! by Nobody: 7:26pm On Dec 18, 2014
Inability to exercise patience.
Re: Why Divorce !!!!!!! by Nobody: 8:00pm On Dec 18, 2014
Its the environment. In olden days, our mothers were taught to weather the storm of any marriage and the fact that any woman that leaves her husband house for her parents house was as an outcast really helped. But these days, girls go over countless romance novels and films causing them to delve into marriage with the belief that the man will serve them breakfast in bed everyday, listen to every word they say and practically bend over backwards to please them. When this doesn't happen, they become disenchanted with the relationship and since modern society doesn't see anything wrong with divorce (thanks in no small part to the celebs that celebrate divorce like an achievement), another divorce case is recorded.
Re: Why Divorce !!!!!!! by Nobody: 8:36pm On Dec 18, 2014
lilmax:
Wrong partner
Wrong partner ?..... well to some extent but in d days of our fore fathers ..... Na parent they marry wife for dem pikin ....... so its more or less lik d guy is marrying a strangers cos the parent gav him a lady to marry but they still live happily..... wat do u say to dat?
Re: Why Divorce !!!!!!! by Nobody: 8:42pm On Dec 18, 2014
mizzkeji44:
Inability to exercise patience.

So ar u saying patience is d major cos of divorce ......... do u fink one can court for 5,7, or more years with out patience in d first place ...... even during just ordinary 2yrs court ship deer will b times wen u will get bored of it...., I don't want to beliv patience can b a prob to sumone dat was able to court for 3 or more years ... cos honestly there are times when u get bored along d way during ur courtship... so I fink its more than just patience
Re: Why Divorce !!!!!!! by lilmax(m): 8:44pm On Dec 18, 2014
demisig:

Wrong partner ?..... well to some extent but in d days of our fore fathers ..... Na parent they marry wife for dem pikin ....... so its more or less lik d guy is marrying a strangers cos the parent gav him a lady to marry but they still live happily..... wat do u say to dat?
nice point cool

I guess they know the right person
Re: Why Divorce !!!!!!! by Nobody: 8:47pm On Dec 18, 2014
Zedric:
Its the environment. In olden days, our mothers were taught to weather the storm of any marriage and the fact that any woman that leaves her husband house for her parents house was as an outcast really helped. But these days, girls go over countless romance novels and films causing them to delve into marriage with the belief that the man will serve them breakfast in bed everyday, listen to every word they say and practically bend over backwards to please them. When this doesn't happen, they become disenchanted with the relationship and since modern society doesn't see anything wrong with divorce (thanks in no small part to the celebs that celebrate divorce like an achievement), another divorce case is recorded.

Waooh ...I love the break down of ur point.... I av taken note of some key words der ........ but aside d evnronmental factors nd civilization ....... do u fink parents also hav faults here nd wat about the individuals themselves .....men nd women now
Re: Why Divorce !!!!!!! by Agybabe(f): 8:53pm On Dec 18, 2014
1. Variety (they say) is the spice of life. He is good in this but... (that 'but' hmmm)

2. Pretence...after marriage, the real person comes out and they can't put up with it and they start regretting.

3. Infertility...and the pressure from in-laws is damn annoying.

4. Infidelity...a cheating partner.

5. Uncaring partner, etc.

May God help us.
Re: Why Divorce !!!!!!! by Nobody: 8:55pm On Dec 18, 2014
Gflat:
this is because we have too many girls out there and few women a man can call wife...check out those peeps living happy, it because their wives are making the home a hapy place to be. But lotta "chicks" out there will only want "tall, handsome, rich, celebrity" guys.

They finally get their dream, 2years later, they get bored then next is divorce(shm for women of this generation)

So are u trying to say we shud ignore personal desires of how we want our spouse to look nd act or wat....... don't u fink it will b more dangerous wen a man marry's a lady dat does not suit his taste (body endowmnt-wise now)...... don't u fink dat is one of d major tinz dat lead to married men cheating(not that dey don't love their wife) bt dey cheat becos d lady is more good looking ...... Meanwhile they marry their wife cos she has good attitude nd cos dey no she'll be a good mother
Re: Why Divorce !!!!!!! by Nobody: 9:04pm On Dec 18, 2014
Agybabe:
1. Variety (they say) is the spice of life. He is good in this but... (that 'but' hmmm)

2. Pretence...after marriage, the real person comes out and they can't put up with it and they start regretting.

3. Infertility...and the pressure from in-laws is damn annoying.

4. Infidelity...a cheating partner.

5. Uncaring partner, etc.

May God help us.

Then what's the essence of courtship if BTW 2,3 or more years of courtship u can't find out this in d guy or d lady b4 taking marriage vows with him or her....... I tot courtship was meant to discover each other nd not just going on dates nd dinner ...... nd dis comes down to wat d question is ..... y is it dat even our grandma nd grandpa Wu didn't av dis much time for courtship life togeda happily ........ what is it dat worked for dem bt failed to work for us in dis generation ?
Re: Why Divorce !!!!!!! by Nobody: 9:10pm On Dec 18, 2014
lilmax:
nice point cool

I guess they know the right person

.Hmmmm..... u claim they no d right person Abi...... bt den can u allow ur parent marry for u (as in pick for u who to marry)? ..... nd doesn't dat min even if we love someone nd our parent b lik don't marry dat guy or lady den we shud brk d courtship ?
Re: Why Divorce !!!!!!! by Agybabe(f): 9:26pm On Dec 18, 2014
demisig:

Then what's the essence of courtship if BTW 2,3 or more years of courtship u can't find out this in d guy or d lady b4 taking marriage vows with him or her....... I tot courtship was meant to discover each other nd not just going on dates nd dinner ...... nd dis comes down to wat d question is ..... y is it dat even our grandma nd grandpa Wu didn't av dis much time for courtship life togeda happily ........ what is it dat worked for dem bt failed to work for us in dis generation ?
me ah dunno...na so life don spoil reach.

Ah dey suspect you o...you be victim?
Re: Why Divorce !!!!!!! by Nobody: 9:33pm On Dec 18, 2014
Agybabe:

wat are u suspecting me for ...... nd victim or wat oooo?
Re: Why Divorce !!!!!!! by Nobody: 9:41pm On Dec 18, 2014
demisig:

Waooh ...I love the break down of ur point.... I av taken note of some key words der ........ but aside d evnronmental factors nd civilization ....... do u fink parents also hav faults here nd wat about the individuals themselves .....men nd women now
. I really don't think so. Pple nowadays see themselves as adults once they get a job and feel they don't av to involve their parents. So basically, a divorce is carried out by partners
Re: Why Divorce !!!!!!! by Agybabe(f): 9:44pm On Dec 18, 2014
demisig:

wat are u suspecting me for ...... nd victim or wat oooo?
divorce...them don divorce you abi them wan divorce you? Abi na pesin wey you know?
Re: Why Divorce !!!!!!! by teewai3(m): 9:46pm On Dec 18, 2014
No requisite knowledge, orientation about the so called marriage
Re: Why Divorce !!!!!!! by Nobody: 9:47pm On Dec 18, 2014
Agybabe:

u supos u wel wel sef cos u b female
Re: Why Divorce !!!!!!! by Nobody: 9:58pm On Dec 18, 2014
teewai3:
No requisite knowledge, orientation about the so called marriage

hmmmm.... but can u explain ur points cos I won't totaly agree
Re: Why Divorce !!!!!!! by teewai3(m): 10:07pm On Dec 18, 2014
my points is : the cause of divorce in marriages are simply
-infidelity
-emotional disconnect
-traumatic incidence
-trust issues
-emotional affairs
-physical abuse
if you have proper knowledge on these, I'm very sure you wont have problem in your marriage

1 Like

Re: Why Divorce !!!!!!! by Nobody: 10:10pm On Dec 18, 2014
Zedric:
. I really don't think so. Pple nowadays see themselves as adults once they get a job and feel they don't av to involve their parents. So basically, a divorce is carried out by partners

But do u no dat parents now ar days encourages divorce sef even it was not lik dat during their own time most expecially from d female family ..... once d lady goes to her mum nd b lik he hits me or cheatd (which not something good from d man actually ) d next tin is always lik aw can he do dat Abeg u av to leave d man nd blah blah ....... come to fink of it even here on NL wen pipu bring up issues nd ask for advice ... majority if d response u get is for d lady to leave d man or vice-versa..... I fink parents now ar days ar trying to get civilizd to nd by so doin they don't raise their children d way dey wer raise... from my Gues I fink dats y 80% or more of d ladies out thier today ar not patient cos of dis lack of moral knowledge .... but y must dis b so?
Re: Why Divorce !!!!!!! by Nobody: 10:15pm On Dec 18, 2014
demisig:

But do u no dat parents now ar days encourages divorce sef even it was not lik dat during their own time most expecially from d female family ..... once d lady goes to her mum nd b lik he hits me or cheatd (which not something good from d man actually ) d next tin is always lik aw can he do dat Abeg u av to leave d man nd blah blah ....... come to fink of it even here on NL wen pipu bring up issues nd ask for advice ... majority if d response u get is for d lady to leave d man or vice-versa..... I fink parents now ar days ar trying to get civilizd to nd by so doin they don't raise their children d way dey wer raise... from my Gues I fink dats y 80% or more of d ladies out thier today ar not patient cos of dis lack of moral knowledge .... but y must dis b so?

I would love to give an unbiased answer but I'm afraid I can't, I can only tell u things I know. And with the little I know, the parents I know don't support it. I av seen a man chase his daughter out of his house at around 9pm when she tried to move in after a quarrel with her husband. So I guess parents don't support it, imo
Re: Why Divorce !!!!!!! by Nobody: 10:20pm On Dec 18, 2014
Agybabe:

divorce...them don divorce you abi them wan divorce you? Abi na pesin wey you know?

That's really funny of u ... no av not experienced nd I pray will Neva do ..... actually I av actually just bin into one crious rltnshp in my entire life...... cos pipu lik me tak time to study situations b4 falling in...... its just because divorce is lik nothing dis days ....nd NL foks even tho young seems to buy nd encourage the idea alot too

1 Like

Re: Why Divorce !!!!!!! by Nobody: 10:31pm On Dec 18, 2014
teewai3:
my points is : the cause of divorce in marriages are simply
-infidelity
-emotional disconnect
-traumatic incidence
-trust issues
-emotional affairs
-physical abuse
if you have proper knowledge on these, I'm very sure you wont have problem in your marriage

Hmmm its easier said than done but y shud dis b an issue in d first place after long years of courtship ....... if tinz lik dis can not b sorted out during courtship to create a mutual undastndin btw d hubby nd d wife then wat is courtship supos to be for in d first place ....... all d above listed factors ar something u shud av known abt each other during courtship nd shud av bin worked on....... or wat do u fink (remba we ar takin abt courtship nd marriage )...... I beliv d end result can only b bad if d process(wic is courtship) is faulty.... please we ar all sharing so enlighten us if u av an alternative opinion
Re: Why Divorce !!!!!!! by Nobody: 10:38pm On Dec 18, 2014
Zedric:

I would love to give an unbiased answer but I'm afraid I can't, I can only tell u things I know. And with the little I know, the parents I know don't support it. I av seen a man chase his daughter out of his house at around 9pm when she tried to move in after a quarrel with her husband. So I guess parents don't support it, imo

I really don't mean all parent support it ofcourse bt there ar some who do..... nd shud aw so celebrities b allowed to openly celebrate dis shameful act sef....... lik one of post on FP which shows lists of celebrities dat have dan more Dan one marriage ..... civilization it is indeed
Re: Why Divorce !!!!!!! by DrObum(m): 11:49pm On Dec 18, 2014
This generation is simply helping family lawyers get busy!

IMO, we're more humane than the older generations, we give our family lawyers a chance to make it! grin grin
Re: Why Divorce !!!!!!! by Nobody: 9:45am On Dec 19, 2014
DrObum:
This generation is simply helping family lawyers get busy!

IMO, we're more humane than the older generations, we give our family lawyers a chance to make it! grin grin

Woooah that's a simple truth from d biz angle of divorce ...... how is has profited some people nd made d other party be at a loosin end

(1) (Reply)

Pls Should I Marry Her..? / She Mistakenly Calls Him Her Ex Boyfriend's Name. What does it mean? / Just Look At This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.