Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,557 members, 7,809,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:22 PM

Confusion Regarding Copyright Articles/posts - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Confusion Regarding Copyright Articles/posts (658 Views)

Need Help Regarding USA Adsense Account - Contact me / Drop Any Question Regarding Adsense Approval. I Will Try And Help. / Digital Media Copyright Infringement - A Case Study Of Linda Ikeji (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Confusion Regarding Copyright Articles/posts by namo(m): 10:50pm On Dec 18, 2014
Hey guys, please i'm kinda lost here. if i cite articles or posts from sites and i quote the source below the post, is it still copyright infringement even though i didnt collect express permission from the owner that i want to use it on my site? Because i just applied for google adsense and i was wondering if that could hold me down? undecided undecided undecided. thanks y'all.

1 Like

Re: Confusion Regarding Copyright Articles/posts by olofofo9ja: 1:03am On Dec 19, 2014
namo:
Hey guys, please i'm kinda lost here. if i cite articles or posts from sites and i quote the source below the post, is it still copyright infringement even though i didnt collect express permission from the owner that i want to use it on my site? Because i just applied for google adsense and i was wondering if that could hold me down? undecided undecided undecided. thanks y'all.

Nah It won't affect you,so far you give credit to the source.
Re: Confusion Regarding Copyright Articles/posts by namo(m): 1:06am On Dec 19, 2014
olofofo9ja:

ohh thanks bro. now my mind has come down. so i can now fully start operation copy copy? Nl is my first victim. operation suck nairalands stories
Re: Confusion Regarding Copyright Articles/posts by webincomeplus(m): 1:29am On Dec 19, 2014
namo:

ohh thanks bro. now my mind has come down. so i can now fully start operation copy copy? Nl is my first victim. operation suck nairalands stories
www.kizzlearena.com
Don't let your mind come down yet. It's all down to what percentage of your content is copied. If it's a significant percentage, you won't get adsense even after 100 applications.

The last time I checked, blogging isn't by force.
Re: Confusion Regarding Copyright Articles/posts by namo(m): 1:54am On Dec 19, 2014
webincomeplus:

Don't let your mind come down yet. It's all down to what percentage of your content is copied. If it's a significant percentage, you won't get adsense even after 100 applications.

The last time I checked, blogging isn't by force.
lol. ok sir. *looking at the many posts copied* shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Confusion Regarding Copyright Articles/posts by spikesC(m): 4:14am On Dec 19, 2014
olofofo9ja:

Yes it will affect him. You don't just copy and cite. You have to get express permission from the owner. The owner will then give you terms, which would definitely include asking you to cite the source.

Before you copy any content, read the owner's copyright infringement policy.

After all that has been said, I wonder the kind of blogging you're getting into where you can't produce original content rather than copying people's sweat.
But then, am not surprised
Re: Confusion Regarding Copyright Articles/posts by Nobody: 8:30am On Dec 19, 2014
namo:

www.kizzlearena.com

Chai! I swear u will abandon your blog in the next 3months.

So you want to feed people with what they've already read or seen in other forum?

Copy, edit then publish!
Re: Confusion Regarding Copyright Articles/posts by namo(m): 7:29pm On Dec 19, 2014
post=29014498:

Chai! I swear u will abandon your blog in the next 3months.

So you want to feed people with what they've already read or seen in other forum?

Copy, edit then publish!
ok sir. thanks

(1) (Reply)

How To Build A Successful Blog (A Comprehensive Guide) / How To Get 1000000 Free Traffic To Your Website / Develop My Web

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.