Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,657 members, 7,801,911 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:20 AM

I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, Says Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, Says Jonathan (22818 Views)

Buhari And I Argue Over Issues, Says Adesina / PDP Queries Buhari ‘indifference’ To Burning National Issues / Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, Says Jonathan by sunkuns003(m): 10:51pm On Dec 18, 2014
President Goodluck Jonathan on Thursday said for every issue he had to take a decision on, multiple suggestions that were most times contradictory, were made available to him.

He said it was therefore important for Nigerians to continue to pray to God to give him wisdom to take the right decisions that would not bring suffering to the people.

Jonathan spoke at the 2014 Christmas Carol organised by the Aso Villa Chapel at the old Banquet Hall of the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

While saying that nobody placed oneself in a position of authority without the consent of God, he expressed the belief that God, who chose him, would see him through.

The President said, “We pray that God should give those of us who are in charge the grace to do things with the fear of God. If we begin to do what is right in our own little way, this nation will survive.

“God knows why we are here. Nobody will place himself in any position without God. So God that gives all of us the opportunity will see us through.

“For me your servant today, I will continue to request for your prayers that God should give me the wisdom to do what is right in His sight.

“Because it is quite challenging for a leader. For every subject that you want to take a decision, you will have multiple suggestions, some contradictory, some to the left, some to the right, some to the centre. But you must take a decision.

“It is only God that can guide you to take the rightful decision that will not bring suffering to your people.

“We will try our best and we will continue to do our best. We promise that any opportunity given to us, we will use it to serve mankind.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/i-get-contradictory-advice-on-national-issues-says-jonathan/

4 Likes

Re: I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, Says Jonathan by Henix(m): 11:02pm On Dec 18, 2014
Is dat not the president of the most popular black nation talking? We seriously need a change, but am yet to see a better option

41 Likes

Re: I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 11:16pm On Dec 18, 2014
Henix:
Is dat not the president of the most corrupt black nation talking?
tongue

4 Likes

Re: I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, Says Jonathan by coolhamid(m): 11:19pm On Dec 18, 2014
Why won't you get contradictory advice when you are surrounded by less intelligent dudes.

Fellow Nigerians, its high time we vote "stealing is not corruption" out of office. Other nations are developing while we are retrogressing as a nation. The likes of Okonjo Iweala keeps telling us we are growing in paper while an average Nigerian doesn't feel the effect of the growth on his or her life. Do you all want us to continue on this same path??

Vote GMB/OSIBANJO

NB:I don't belong to any political party, I just want Nigeria to try another political party and see if we would get it right.

152 Likes 12 Shares

Re: I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, Says Jonathan by coolhamid(m): 11:20pm On Dec 18, 2014
Why won't you get contradictory advice when you are surrounded by less intelligent dudes.

36 Likes

Re: I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, Says Jonathan by nationwide1(m): 11:25pm On Dec 18, 2014
Only a sincere and honest man can speak like this. May God who gave Solomon the wisdom to rule also give our president the needed wisdom to govern Nigeria.

75 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, Says Jonathan by doctokwus: 11:28pm On Dec 18, 2014
Pls 4gv me, but I fear if after 6yrs,dis man even understands d office he occupies. World leaders,b it Obama, Merkel, Tony Blair, Putin and d Chinese president also get contradictory advices.Dey den take d decision dey feel suits their country best.Its an asset to av such,not a burden as gej in his non presidential speech sees it.

116 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, Says Jonathan by Hadone(m): 12:10am On Dec 19, 2014
WHEN NIGERIANS CALL U A CLUELESS I THOUGHT THEY WERE JUST MOCKING U UNTILL U PROVE IT UR SELF IN UR OWN WORDS & ACTION. I WONDER HOW 2015 ELECTIONS WILL GONNA BE. THE MORE GEJ & CO MAKE EFFORT TO CLEAN THEM SELVES THEN THEIR EFFORT RATHER ENDS UP DIRTING THEM SEROUSLY. IMAGING RUBEN ABATI WAS TELLING NIGERIANS HOW BUHARI DEPORTED OVER 700,000 ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS (BLOCKING OUR JOB OPPORTUNITIES) BACK TO THEIR COUNTRIES, HOW HE JAILED CORRUPT LEADERS (WHO STOLE OUR MONEY), HOW HE ATTEMPTED TO DEPLOY UMARU DIKKO (A SUSPECT ON CORRUPTION CHARGES) FROM ENGLAND BACK TO NIGERIA TO FACE AUTHORITY. ALL THIS TO HIS CLUELESSNESS, WAS SET TO TANISH BUHARI'S IMAGE. CAN YOU IMAGING? SOMEONE HERE ON NL WAS ASKING WHY HE EVEN DONT KNOW SUCH WORTHY QUALITIES IN BUHARI UNTIL NOW THEY'RE REVEALING THEM. BUT FINALLY GEJ IS NOW TELLING US HE IS THE C in C OF CLUELESS NIGERIANS. I NOW SEE PHYSICALLY AND BELIEVE THAT PROVIDED U'RE ON THAT SEAT, OUR MILLIONS STRONG MILITARY WILL ONLY CONTINUE TO DIEEEEEE IN THE HANDS OF BOKOHARAM INSTEAD OF DEFEATING THEM. NO WONDER THE C in C OF NIGERIAN HUNTERS ACHIEVE WHAT IF THEY SET EYES WAITING FOR YOUR IDEA, MUBI WOULD HAVE BEEN ON BH's HANDS UP TO NOW. ANYWAY VOTE FOR GEJ MAY BE U CAN TELL GOD WHY. BUT FOR ME? WALAHI I DONT THINK I CAN BAIL MY SELF BEFORE GOD. THEREFORE, GMB ALL THE WAY...

133 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, Says Jonathan by OtunbaJega: 1:23am On Dec 19, 2014
Who says this nigga is not clueless?

88 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, Says Jonathan by walexzee11(m): 1:30am On Dec 19, 2014
The Greatest Clueless Man ever liveth....

When they give you contrary advise.... Can't you use your brain?

88 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, Says Jonathan by menesheh(m): 1:36am On Dec 19, 2014
It is called democracy, govt of the people by the people for the people. Rational govt.

Rationalism entails many ideas, pick up the ideal one suitable for the polity.

Whoever speak against your govt today will have every reason to praise same in the near future.

Ride on Mr President

11 Likes

Re: I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, Says Jonathan by sojjy: 1:48am On Dec 19, 2014
An intelligent HEAD BOY of a secondary school is better than GEJ as Nigeria president. President Jonathan has shown and demostrated to the world how CLUELESS he is when it comes to governing. Nigeria can be great again if we vote wisely comes 2015.
Change is possible
Vote BUHARI for a GREAT Nigeria.

77 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, Says Jonathan by sojjy: 1:50am On Dec 19, 2014
walexzee11:

Don't mind him..He uses only what he has.

10 Likes

Re: I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, Says Jonathan by BossAyuk: 2:25am On Dec 19, 2014
Funny thread cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, Says Jonathan by courage54(m): 2:28am On Dec 19, 2014
Is not easy

1 Like

Re: I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, Says Jonathan by Sunymoore(m): 2:57am On Dec 19, 2014
Oga Jona
Re: I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, Says Jonathan by oduastates: 3:02am On Dec 19, 2014
This is the definition of Cluelessness.
There are certain intuitive skill that can never be taught in the classroom .
You simply pick them up as you grow up to become a refined and well rounded person.
This particular fisherman is lost at sea.
When you are on top of the issues, advise are never contradictory.
They are either right or wrong.
When those issues are murky or complicated, you methodologically break them into little pieces to understand those problems.
When someone consistently gives the wrong advise, he should be shown the door.
For instance , nobody needs an incompetent iweala to bamboozle them with Neo-liberal economic PR speak to know that a substantial chunk of the country's income and budget should have been going towards increasing and improving power infrastructure.
Also, you should know something Is not right when your so-called minister of the economy is presenting a budget which is built on crude oil selling for $65 a barrel on a day when the price is 60 a barrel in the market. What sort of budgeting is this?
You do not need those advise to know that dangote is making so much money that he does not need a corrupt waiver from iweala.
Only common sense is needed to know that you do not turn your country into a dumping ground for rubbish products from other countries.
With the likes of anenih, omokri , okupe, wike,orurebe, uba, iweala ,bode George, buruji , Marilyn Ogar,Edwin Clarke, abati in his inner circle, what you get is the JAPANjantis of cluelessness in aso Rock.
The first anomaly afflicting this man starts from his bedroom. The groupies who hang around her alone, are enough to crash the presidency of the most competent person on the planet.
I have never voted for anyone in this country but for the first,I am going to do so just to see the back of him and her.
Even though like other,I was hoping l that a PhD holder would be a major upgrade over all the lackeys we've had before, but I knew just after 2 weeks,that the country was in for another long trip.
Guess why?
His wife.( Obasanjo had that spousal problem as well but her negative impact on his presidency were not apparent unless you are sensitive and capable of building the big picture out of little information . But the hanger-on around her dogged his presidency even after she had left the scene.
One word to describe it.
VANITY.
Within 2 week of being elected, patience had already organised an owambe fashion parade at obudu cattle ranch
THEY CALLED IT " A SYMPOSIUM TO EDUCATE OTHER FIRST LADIES ON ETIQUETTE "
Wife of governors, minister etc.
In actual fact, it was simply an egomaniachical ploy to tell them that there is a new unelected Mary antoinette in town.
I was like,mennnnnn.........
A couple of weeks later,I read in the financial times that the excess crude account had been depleted from 22 billion to 2 billion with nothing to show for it.( you can see a few things the states did with the money but you cannot point to anything Jonathan did with the Jonathan did with the FG's $11 billion share.)

76 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, Says Jonathan by toyecoach(m): 3:07am On Dec 19, 2014
nationwide1:
Only a sincere and honest man can speak like this. May God who gave Solomon the wisdom to rule also give our president the needed wisdom to govern Nigeria.
Not about prayer ,but doing the perfect will of God .

5 Likes

Re: I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 4:09am On Dec 19, 2014
Making the right decision out of many(be they contradictory) is a burden that even a village chief knows he has to carry, and it would be a shame if he uses that to seek pity whenever he fails.

It is now clear that GEJ is indirectly blaming the people that voted him in, for bestowing on him a ``huge`` responsibilty for which he is clearly not deserving.

46 Likes

Re: I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, Says Jonathan by wazobiaforu(m): 4:13am On Dec 19, 2014
Finally he has accepted failure and cluelesness.

TAKE THIS BEST ADVICE NOW BEFORE YOU REGRET IT IN 2015

GO AND RENOVATE PRISONS

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, Says Jonathan by TheMadame(f): 4:43am On Dec 19, 2014
Clueless governance 101.
Your vote is your power. Vote wisely in 2015.

20 Likes

Re: I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, Says Jonathan by mistabiola: 5:02am On Dec 19, 2014
Even if a President is being given a contradictory Advice, can't he think on his own before leading his followers astray::::: Wisdom is not something you can buy with MONEY, it is a Natural gift from GOD. We really appreciate JONATHAN for running Nigeria the way he has done but now is the time to try someone else. cheesy grin

sai Buhari 2015
#iBelieve #weCanDoIt

24 Likes

Re: I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, Says Jonathan by Bishop4bella(m): 5:10am On Dec 19, 2014
That means Mr President does not seek God first.
Next time you seek on God before doing anything.
Need you to know your time is almost over remember.

Buhari is taking over very soon

14 Likes

Re: I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, Says Jonathan by Pavore9: 5:25am On Dec 19, 2014
He gets contradictory advice & still maintains the same advisers...who is fooling who? Even mothers when they return home, their children give different versions of what happened at home in their absence but they still know how to sieve out d truth!

38 Likes

Re: I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 5:31am On Dec 19, 2014
jonaSATAN

4 Likes

Re: I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, Says Jonathan by babane442(m): 5:38am On Dec 19, 2014
JONA.DAFT CHIEF CLUELESS C IN C .AFTER U SURROUNDED URSELF WITH DRUNKARDS,THIEFS N KILLERS HOW CAN YOU NOT GET CONTRADICTORY ADVICES.

PLS WITH DUE RESPECT YOU N UR CO FOOLS SHOULD JUST RESIGN

26 Likes

Re: I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, Says Jonathan by mumu9gerian: 6:12am On Dec 19, 2014
Now,how did we get to have someone like this as President.Its normal for u to get contradictory advice,you only need to do a bit of more research and analyze the various options.
Why is He complaining?
Me i dont understand oooo

7 Likes

Re: I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, Says Jonathan by mumu9gerian: 6:13am On Dec 19, 2014
walexzee11:

pls tell him,how can he say that?
is he a baby?
o ma ga o

7 Likes

Re: I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, Says Jonathan by Emphany: 6:14am On Dec 19, 2014
sojjy:
An intelligent HEAD BOY of a secondary school is better than GEJ as Nigeria president. President Jonathan has shown and demostrated to the world how CLUELESS he is when it comes to governing. Nigeria can be great again if we vote wisely comes 2015.
Change is possible
Vote BUHARI for a GREAT Nigeria.
This little opportunity given to most of you in a chat room,u see the right to disrespect even your present president,you would never have such freedom in 1985,and because you are babies and you do not know about Buhari,you open your mouth to talk because you have one.I pray you dont bite your fingers in 2020,and if you are from the north,then i dont expect you to,afterall anywhere is good for you to lay your heads(you dont need a good shephard) NIGERIA DONT NEED CHANGE,its has been a slogan for too many years,NIGERIA NEED IMPROVEMENTS. And if change is what Buhari has to offer,there will be no continuity, BUHARI(4in1) wants to fight corruption when Tinubu and Amechi is their major fund raisers, I WONDER if Nigrians are FOOLS.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 6:17am On Dec 19, 2014
coolhamid:
dude, c'mon..I know you enjoy talking smack about the president of your country but theirs a limit. Its always easy to point fingers and call names but my friend give the president some breathing space. Don't reduce any word he says into some kind of yardstick to throw insults.

It's never easy to be a leader...give credit to those that are leaders, they're going through a lot

2 Likes

Re: I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, Says Jonathan by jacabi(m): 6:25am On Dec 19, 2014
But he should have dismissed such people from his cabinet. I mean those that mean no good for the country.

4 Likes

Re: I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, Says Jonathan by TheMan3: 6:49am On Dec 19, 2014
Hmm.. May God grant you Wisdom to lead this great nation. Amen

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Xenophobia: First Batch Of 320 Nigerians Set To Return From South Africa Today / Boko Haram Attacks Army Chief Tukur Buratai’s Hometown Again / Attempt To Defend Buhari’s Comments On Nigerian Youths Imbecilic — Lawyer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.