Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,194 members, 7,780,333 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:37 PM

I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, Says Jonathan - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, Says Jonathan (22768 Views)

Buhari And I Argue Over Issues, Says Adesina / PDP Queries Buhari ‘indifference’ To Burning National Issues / Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, Says Jonathan by abdulll6afh(m): 8:06am On Dec 19, 2014
Advise him to reduce drinking bear an alcohol so dat his brain go think well. Gej
Re: I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, Says Jonathan by AdeniyiA(m): 8:07am On Dec 19, 2014
Hmmmmn..... i can see reasons for committees upon committees, just to mark time? this is really a confession.
Nigeria deserves the kind of leaders it gets, i can't remember a president or head of state of this great nation who adequately prepared for the post before it fell on them, NONE!
They started learning how to fight at the battle front, tell me how they won't perform woefully and be tossed about by every tom, dick nd Harry's advice undecided
DISAPPOINTMENT is written all over him

1 Like

Re: I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, Says Jonathan by GhaliNaaba(m): 8:07am On Dec 19, 2014
sunkuns003:
President Goodluck Jonathan on Thursday said for every issue he had to take a decision on, multiple suggestions that were most times contradictory, were made available to him.

He said it was therefore important for Nigerians to continue to pray to God to give him wisdom to take the right decisions that would not bring suffering to the people.

Jonathan spoke at the 2014 Christmas Carol organised by the Aso Villa Chapel at the old Banquet Hall of the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

While saying that nobody placed oneself in a position of authority without the consent of God, he expressed the belief that God, who chose him, would see him through.

The President said, “We pray that God should give those of us who are in charge the grace to do things with the fear of God. If we begin to do what is right in our own little way, this nation will survive.

“God knows why we are here. Nobody will place himself in any position without God. So God that gives all of us the opportunity will see us through.

“For me your servant today, I will continue to request for your prayers that God should give me the wisdom to do what is right in His sight.

“Because it is quite challenging for a leader. For every subject that you want to take a decision, you will have multiple suggestions, some contradictory, some to the left, some to the right, some to the centre. But you must take a decision.

“It is only God that can guide you to take the rightful decision that will not bring suffering to your people.

“We will try our best and we will continue to do our best. We promise that any opportunity given to us, we will use it to serve mankind.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/i-get-contradictory-advice-on-national-issues-says-jonathan/
IF they give you bad advice, use your head as obama don't go around complaining. You are the president and must show the world you are not actually clueless.We won't give you symphaty vote for letting us down for 6 good years. So get that into your head.
Re: I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, Says Jonathan by BizBloke(m): 8:08am On Dec 19, 2014
tbaba1234:
There are tools in making decisions, critical analysis of options, cost benefit analysis..etc.

Apply those tools to make decisions, then ask God for guidance...

Do your work first.

!!
Re: I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, Says Jonathan by angelsing(m): 8:08am On Dec 19, 2014
liberty300:
dude, c'mon..I know you enjoy talking smack about the president of your country but theirs a limit. Its always easy to point fingers and call names but my friend give the president some breathing space. Don't reduce any word he says into some kind of yardstick to throw insults.

It's never easy to be a leader...give credit to those that are leaders, they're going through a lot
Truthfully they are going through a lot and they shud earn their pay...A person vying for the post of a president shud know wat the job entails and the difficulties that comes with it..Its like being paid a large sum of money to manage a company and u keep complaining the job is too hard, why not step down if its too hardn after all u are paid a large sum to manage it

2 Likes

Re: I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, Says Jonathan by libertyfather(m): 8:08am On Dec 19, 2014
nationwide1:
Only a sincere and honest man can speak like this. May God who gave Solomon the wisdom to rule also give our president the needed wisdom to govern Nigeria.

How come he's just saying this after 6 years, no time abeg...my prayer to me, my family, GMB and better Nigeria

Sai Buhari

1 Like

Re: I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, Says Jonathan by bosun11(m): 8:10am On Dec 19, 2014
That is y u got brain BOSS, make use of it.NIGERIANS ARE TIRED OF EXCUSES

1 Like

Re: I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, Says Jonathan by KingAdeOluomo1(m): 8:10am On Dec 19, 2014
I was here ;DI was here
Re: I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, Says Jonathan by Isryl02(m): 8:11am On Dec 19, 2014
Dis bros mata don taya me... angry

2 Likes

Re: I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, Says Jonathan by ademega(m): 8:11am On Dec 19, 2014
Who is surprise with this comment ? I dont think anybody should be surprise . We are used to it on regular bases . But the question is , how did we get here ?

1 Like

Re: I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, Says Jonathan by ikeduru2002: 8:11am On Dec 19, 2014
TRUE TALK MR PRESIDENT,GOD MUST SURELY SEE US THROUGH
Re: I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, Says Jonathan by olatade(m): 8:12am On Dec 19, 2014
COUNTDOWN TO GEJ MUST GO=56 days left for OTUOKE

wink

2 Likes

Re: I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, Says Jonathan by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:12am On Dec 19, 2014
You are not decisive.
Re: I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, Says Jonathan by jidexi: 8:15am On Dec 19, 2014
GEJ is a snake. He forgot when he presided over the decision to increase fuel price to welcome people for the new year. There was protest for 5 days. No be soldier the mumu deploy. undecided

1 Like

Re: I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, Says Jonathan by winnieG1(m): 8:15am On Dec 19, 2014
MOST PEOPLE MAKING NOISE HERE DON'T EVEN HAVE PVC TTO VOTE EITHER THEIR GMB OR GEJ, all i see is presidential election result heading to the direction of Anambra Guber result

1 Like

Re: I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, Says Jonathan by angelsing(m): 8:16am On Dec 19, 2014
hizroyalflynes:

U do even reason before u talk
I guess not
I tend to concur with his statement cos there are some people in his cabinet sabotaging his effort who I believe to be unintelligent..e.g, I wonder what that Doctor turned journalist is still doing there. Imagine him comparing Jonathan to jesus. Even if u want to praise him for his effort, why blaspheme.. I think Jonathan needs to fire many of them if he gets to win the next election though I hope he does not
Re: I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, Says Jonathan by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:16am On Dec 19, 2014
olatade:
COUNTDOWN TO GEJ MUST GO=56 days left for OTUOKE

wink

He has more than 56 days to spend. Yes, he will be defeat on the 14/02/2015, he will remain there till May 29. During this period, he would have made history as the first lame duck in Nigeria.
Re: I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 8:17am On Dec 19, 2014
liberty300:
dude, c'mon..I know you enjoy talking smack about the president of your country but theirs a limit. Its always easy to point fingers and call names but my friend give the president some breathing space. Don't reduce any word he says into some kind of yardstick to throw insults.

It's never easy to be a leader...give credit to those that are leaders, they're going through a lot
bt whn he knws he cnt cope n imcompetent he shd av walked away dat would av saved him all d insults.
Re: I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 8:18am On Dec 19, 2014
Even the 8 years old boy that ruled in the bible did not complain like this Jonathan. Mr President you talk too much
Re: I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 8:18am On Dec 19, 2014
Den whot is he goin to do der again wen after six years he dint tak correction....smh! O ma se o

Re: I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 8:19am On Dec 19, 2014
Emphany:
This little opportunity given to most of you in a chat room,u see the right to disrespect even your present president,you would never have such freedom in 1985,and because you are babies and you do not know about Buhari,you open your mouth to talk because you have one.I pray you dont bite your fingers in 2020,and if you are from the north,then i dont expect you to,afterall anywhere is good for you to lay your heads(you dont need a good shephard) NIGERIA DONT NEED CHANGE,its has been a slogan for too many years,NIGERIA NEED IMPROVEMENTS. And if change is what Buhari has to offer,there will be no continuity, BUHARI(4in1) wants to fight corruption when Tinubu and Amechi is their major fund raisers, I WONDER if Nigrians are FOOLS.
WELL SAID.I wish people could see through Buhari.All he wants is for power to shift back to the north and it will remain as usual.I pray it wont be too late before our people realises this.

1 Like

Re: I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, Says Jonathan by nessaluv(f): 8:20am On Dec 19, 2014
Wats x0 clueless abt wat he said?? d likes 0f 0bama and GW face(d) same challenge though dey dnt say theirs 0ut, jst c0s e said ez 0wn 0ut makes im a clueless president....

Its x0 easy 4pple 2call d president clueless even wen d situation d0esnt warrant dat....

Sum dnt even knw wat clueless means....

2 Likes

Re: I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, Says Jonathan by Opiosko: 8:20am On Dec 19, 2014
coolhamid:
Why won't you get contradictory advice when you are surrounded by less intelligent dudes.
A contrary opinion does not necessarily mean lesser inteligence. Let's learn how to comment constructively. Thnks.

1 Like

Re: I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, Says Jonathan by thaoriginator: 8:22am On Dec 19, 2014
walexzee11:
The Greatest Clueless Man ever liveth....

When they give you contrary advise.... Can't you use your brain?
grin the man dey represent wella cheesy
Re: I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, Says Jonathan by darediamond(m): 8:23am On Dec 19, 2014
There Cluelessness nearly know no boundary.
Will he now jail Tinubu, Obasanjo, Babangida etc.?
He could not beat them and he joined them to become there "Change".
I wonder how he is going to pass though the needle hole.
The way this people shout "CHANGE" is like the way Idol worshippers shout the name of there gods; at the end there will always bé no responce because Idols are lifeless!!
Think people.
Emphany:
This little opportunity given to most of you in a chat room,u see the right to disrespect even your present president,you would never have such freedom in 1985,and because you are babies and you do not know about Buhari,you open your mouth to talk because you have one.I pray you dont bite your fingers in 2020,and if you are from the north,then i dont expect you to,afterall anywhere is good for you to lay your heads(you dont need a good shephard) NIGERIA DONT NEED CHANGE,its has been a slogan for too many years,NIGERIA NEED IMPROVEMENTS. And if change is what Buhari has to offer,there will be no continuity, BUHARI(4in1) wants to fight corruption when Tinubu and Amechi is their major fund raisers, I WONDER if Nigrians are FOOLS.
Re: I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, Says Jonathan by uwaifo1234: 8:25am On Dec 19, 2014
Emphany:
It is easier said than done. lt baffles me to see pple who criticize govt but when given a little opportunity they flop. Then u begin to wonder, is dis nt d same person who was bragging. Critics have always be a legles persons who want to teach u hw to run. My prayer is dat God's wil be done dat is wat we need right nw. Cause d devil u knw is beter than d angel u don't knw.
Re: I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, Says Jonathan by payan(m): 8:25am On Dec 19, 2014
O MA SE OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. NO PROBLEM, WE GO MANAGE AM TILL FEB 2015 BEFORE YOU RELOCATE BACK TO OTUOKE
Re: I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, Says Jonathan by dklex(m): 8:26am On Dec 19, 2014
Bellfun:
Hope u supporters of Jona can clearly see that he's not fit for the office of a secondary school head-boy!
Yes contradictory advise will be given to u(each protecting their own interests) but the reason(s) u were voted in is to decipher the ones that serves the general public good!
Now I see why pple call u "clueless"!...and it will be a total waste of time to have u occupy that office for anoda 4yr!

the chicken has finally come home to roast, I don't expect this kind of statement from Obama, the like of Bill clinton during his reign or Tony Blair, considering the fact that they have to manage some international crisis too aside from their country issues.
Mr president, I think in my person opinion u have tried ur best, but ur best is not enough, so let's try something new, because ko si time lati ma check time omo Iya, that's is to say ko sere ni moscow. bow out jejely. #vote4change#

2 Likes

Re: I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, Says Jonathan by terrifiesme(m): 8:26am On Dec 19, 2014
Emphany:

Thank you emphany... I am very sure all those reigning insults on the presidents themselves has got no respect for themselves as a person, because how on earth would u just disrespect ur leaders and use all sorts of words against them? do u all know what leadership is all about? It's shows how saucy you are as an individual. Come on, u guys shd show maturity urselves... trends like this are not meant for babies. Pls let's act matured and like people with good reasoning.
Re: I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, Says Jonathan by Kewt: 8:26am On Dec 19, 2014
SLIDEwaxie:
Well, in my theory; God may not bypass certain natural laws.
For example: we can't pray for the rain to start falling from the ground and falls into the sky.
OR
As for a man with no legs for the leg to grow

What I'm saying is: if you have faith, u need the right action.
How do God give wisdom to a man without a brain?

It beats me though.

Beautiful analogy. Very on point!
Re: I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, Says Jonathan by badaru1(m): 8:26am On Dec 19, 2014
How many times did our president call God in this speech, that is sign of eye service
Re: I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, Says Jonathan by samento: 8:27am On Dec 19, 2014
When God is set to be part of an event, the unexpected will be happening. God purposely made PDP to be campagning for Buhari indirecly. But to them they are trying to rubbish the man. Oh LORD I PRAISE YOU.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Stop Seeking Foreign Assistance, Balarabe, Falae Tell Buhari / Wanted Officers Of Nigeria Custom Submits Self For Investigation / Tinubu: When Atiku Says "Walahi Talahi", He Means "Na Lie I Lie" (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.