Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,819 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:16 PM

Prove That You Have A Brain And Check If It's Still Working, Properly. - Forum Games - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Forum Games / Prove That You Have A Brain And Check If It's Still Working, Properly. (1294 Views)

Try This, You Will See That Your Brain Is Not Working Properly / A Brain Teaser! Guess The Names Of The Countries / A Brain Test Question. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prove That You Have A Brain And Check If It's Still Working, Properly. by CuteEmma(f): 10:59pm On Dec 18, 2014
During the latest round of the Eko2014 triathlon, Kenneth was fourth. Tayo is not the oldest,but is older than Dumebi, who was not second. The child who was next in age to the youngest, finished second. The child who finished in third place is older than the child who finished first. Daniel is younger than the child who finished in third place. With these, who Can determine the position they finished and the children in order
of their age?
Re: Prove That You Have A Brain And Check If It's Still Working, Properly. by Nobody: 11:10pm On Dec 18, 2014
Olodo tongue
Re: Prove That You Have A Brain And Check If It's Still Working, Properly. by SirHouloo(m): 11:11pm On Dec 18, 2014
Abeg, who get biro make I do am?
Re: Prove That You Have A Brain And Check If It's Still Working, Properly. by CuteEmma(f): 11:22pm On Dec 18, 2014
SirHouloo:
Abeg, who get biro make I do am?
use your brain, not biro
Re: Prove That You Have A Brain And Check If It's Still Working, Properly. by Readonee35L(m): 11:27pm On Dec 18, 2014
cry cry cry
Re: Prove That You Have A Brain And Check If It's Still Working, Properly. by Dopeyomi(m): 11:39pm On Dec 18, 2014
Pls I need calculator and four figure table to solve tHis question.. Wait leMme cHeck my INS111 note to check for the formula.. undecided
Re: Prove That You Have A Brain And Check If It's Still Working, Properly. by Youngsage: 11:56pm On Dec 18, 2014
It's quite easy, I deciphered the answers in a jiffy!

Others can keep trying to figure it out. tongue
Re: Prove That You Have A Brain And Check If It's Still Working, Properly. by pweetyz(f): 1:03am On Dec 19, 2014
AGES;
Kenneth-1st(oldest child)
Tayo-2nd oldest
Daniel-3rd
Dumebi(youngest child)

POSITIONS
Dumebi-1st position
Daniel..2nd position
Tayo-3rd position
Kenneth-4th position..

hope i'm right grin
Re: Prove That You Have A Brain And Check If It's Still Working, Properly. by kristein(m): 1:35am On Dec 19, 2014
@op,is this what have been cracking your brain which is as simple as abc
tayo (2nd oldest child)
daniel(3rd oldest child)
dumebi(4th oldest child)

POSITION:
kenneth 4th position
tayo 3rd position
daniel 2nd position
dumebi 1st position

are you okay nw?
Re: Prove That You Have A Brain And Check If It's Still Working, Properly. by bovamm(f): 1:53am On Dec 19, 2014
Kenneth is the first born and came fourth
Tayo is the second born and came third
Daniel is third born and came second
Dumebi is 4th born and came first
Re: Prove That You Have A Brain And Check If It's Still Working, Properly. by kristein(m): 2:02am On Dec 19, 2014
bovamm:
Kenneth is the first born and came fourth
Tayo is the second born and came third
Daniel is third born and came second
Dumebi is 4th born and came first
yh babe...but ur rilli rilli cute
Re: Prove That You Have A Brain And Check If It's Still Working, Properly. by CuteEmma(f): 9:19pm On Dec 19, 2014
Okay cool answers. fine, now Let's move to question 2 which goes thus:
Three people check into a hotel. They pay #30,000 to the receptionist and go to their room. The receptionist suddenly remembers that the room rate is #25,000 and gives #5,000 to the cleaner to return to the people. On the way to the room, the cleaner reasons that #5,000 would be difficult to share among three people so he decides to pocket #2,000 and gives #1,000 to each person. Now each person had paid #10,000 and got back #1,000. So they paid #9,000 each, totalling #27,000. The cleaner has #2,000, totalling #29,000. So Where is the missing #1,000?
Re: Prove That You Have A Brain And Check If It's Still Working, Properly. by kristein(m): 10:16pm On Dec 19, 2014
CuteEmma:
Three people check into a hotel. They pay #30,000 to the receptionist and go to their room. The receptionist suddenly remembers that the room rate is #25,000 and gives #5,000 to the cleaner to return to the people. On the way to the room, the cleaner reasons that #5,000 would be difficult to share among three people so he decides to pocket #2,000 and gives #1,000 to each person. Now each person had paid #10,000 and got back #1,000. So they paid #9,000 each, totalling #27,000. The cleaner has #2,000, totalling #29,000. So Where is the missing #1,000?
and what will be my reward if I eventually got the answer?..because I nearly cracked my brain off for me to be able to get the initial one..
Re: Prove That You Have A Brain And Check If It's Still Working, Properly. by Ikott(m): 10:17pm On Dec 19, 2014
They paid 25k
Got back 3k
Cleaner 2k
Total 30k
Nothing missing
Re: Prove That You Have A Brain And Check If It's Still Working, Properly. by kristein(m): 10:28pm On Dec 19, 2014
CuteEmma:
@op you cn't confuse us here..their total amount wich dey pay shd be 28k..but u wrote 27k wich is not true..I think that's wia ur mistake is comin frm..25k is their total xpenses,3k is to be returned makin 28k total..den 2k for the cleaner
Re: Prove That You Have A Brain And Check If It's Still Working, Properly. by pweetyz(f): 4:08am On Dec 20, 2014
one of them paid higher

reason;
25/3 would be 8,8, and 9
i.e they paid 25K got back 3k which is 28k and the cleaner collected 2k which sums up to 30k
Re: Prove That You Have A Brain And Check If It's Still Working, Properly. by CuteEmma(f): 6:28am On Dec 20, 2014
kristein:

@op you cn't confuse us here..their total amount wich dey pay shd be 28k..but u wrote 27k wich is not true..I think that's wia ur mistake is comin frm..25k is their total xpenses,3k is to be returned makin 28k total..den 2k for the cleaner

Okay, cool. Then let's move over to question 3..

There are 5 houses in 5 different colours. In each house, lives a person of a different nationality. The 5 owners drink a certain type of beverage, smoke a certain brand of cigar, and keep a certain pet. Using the clues below can you determine who owns the fish?
Clue: The British lives in a red house. The Scottish keep dogs as pets. The Irish drinks tea. The green house is on the immediate left of the white house. The green house owner drinks coffee. The person whos mokes PallMall rear birds. The owner of the yellow house smokes Dunhill. The man living in the house right in the middle drinks milk. The Norwegian lives in the first house. The man who smokes Blend lives next door to the one who keep cats. The man who keep horses lives next door to the man who smokes Dunhill. The owner who smokes BlueMaster drinks chocolate. The German smokes Prince. The Norwegian lives next to the blue house. The man who smokes Blend has a neighbour who drinks water. So if a fish is seen outside, who would be the owner?
Re: Prove That You Have A Brain And Check If It's Still Working, Properly. by akinsadeez(m): 11:58am On Dec 20, 2014
^^^ Very interesting puzzle. Had to think deep.

The owner of the fish should be the German. Am I right?
Re: Prove That You Have A Brain And Check If It's Still Working, Properly. by CuteEmma(f): 9:36pm On Dec 20, 2014
akinsadeez:
^^^ Very interesting puzzle. Had to think deep.

The owner of the fish should be the German. Am I right?

Yeah, it's the German., who lives in a green house; the fourth to be precise, drinks coffee, smokes Prince, and has the fish as his pets, with his annoying British neighbour on the left who drinks milk, smoker Pallmall, rear birds. Then his Never-smiling Scottish Neighbour on the right, who lives in the white house, i.e. the last house, takes chocolate, smoker Bluemaster and keep dogs (Nigerian local dogs anyway). The puzzle is hard, but not difficult.
Re: Prove That You Have A Brain And Check If It's Still Working, Properly. by CuteEmma(f): 9:58pm On Dec 20, 2014
Now I have two move-over riddles;
QUESTION 1: Here in Edo state, you cannot take a picture of a man with a wooden leg (even when nobody/camera is watching you). Why is it so?
And 2.. If you were running a race and you passed the person in 2nd place, what place would you be in now?
Simple but tricky.
Re: Prove That You Have A Brain And Check If It's Still Working, Properly. by Ikott(m): 11:24pm On Dec 20, 2014
1. You can't take the picture of a man with a wooden leg in Edo or anywhere else cos you can only take a picture with a camera.
2. In a race, if you pass the peron in second place, you'll take his position. You'll be in 2nd place
Re: Prove That You Have A Brain And Check If It's Still Working, Properly. by CuteEmma(f): 8:29pm On Dec 22, 2014
Next Puzzle.. A secondary school had a strange principal. On the first day, he asked his students perform an odd opening day ceremony: There are one thousand lockers and one thousand students in the school. The principal asks the first student to go to every locker and open it. Then he asked the second student go to every second locker and close it. The third student would go to every third locker and, if it is closed, he opens it, and if it is open, he closes it. Then the fourth student does this to every fourth locker, and so on. After the process is completed with the thousandth student, how many lockers would be open?

(1) (Reply)

Any FPS Offline Games For Android?? / Yes! I Finally Got The Answer ;d / 7 Brain Exercises To Stay Sharp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.