Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,996 members, 7,806,889 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:23 AM

Controversial Ibaka Seaport Relocated And Renamed. - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Controversial Ibaka Seaport Relocated And Renamed. (13430 Views)

A Trip To The Proposed Gelegele Seaport in Edo State / Ibaka Seaport: Akwa Ibom Buys 15,000 Hectares Of Land / $1.5bn Lekki Deep Seaport Project Suffers Setback (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Controversial Ibaka Seaport Relocated And Renamed. by RichDad1(m): 1:38pm On Dec 19, 2014
Chai
Re: Controversial Ibaka Seaport Relocated And Renamed. by rozayx5(m): 1:39pm On Dec 19, 2014
nigerianvenom:

Stop this.
Ure not from akwa ibom yet u want to create problem between siblings

we are a peace loving people dont mind the ijaw guy undecided
Re: Controversial Ibaka Seaport Relocated And Renamed. by Eyop: 1:59pm On Dec 19, 2014
rozayx5:
if ibeno get a sea port . onne will be childs play in terms of jobs shocked shocked

exxon mobil
jim ovia 1.5B$ petrochemical plant
numerous servicing companies

since the next governor is coming from eket zone. he will build it
bring it on cant wait for industrialisation cool

The next Governor coming from Eket senatorial district has nothing to do with building the sea port. It's not a state government project.
Re: Controversial Ibaka Seaport Relocated And Renamed. by davidonyemayma: 2:03pm On Dec 19, 2014
ijawcitizen:
It is a wonderful project to be sited in Ijawland, although we didn't complaint when it was sited in our neighbour's enclave, nor did we agitate for it to be brought to our soil
Is your foolishness deliberate or natural? What has Ijaw got to do with AkwaIbom?
Re: Controversial Ibaka Seaport Relocated And Renamed. by Ayoswit(f): 2:13pm On Dec 19, 2014
Collynzo9:

Ibeno people of Akwa Ibom have links with the Ijaws.

no dats nt true. u can say dt of eastern obolo but then not wit ijaw rather andoni
Re: Controversial Ibaka Seaport Relocated And Renamed. by darediamond(m): 2:17pm On Dec 19, 2014
Do not bring that parasite North into picture.
They are there to extract everything from all coners of South!
Flets:

Chill ..... they call this government clueless yet its the smartest I've seen.

If you want your port functional and effective, you need infrastructures in place to handle the population migration that comes with it. Akpabio has succeded in laying the groundwork infrastructure that Akwaibom needs. Uyo is currently set up to be a home for most Nigerians that will be relocating there in the coming years. It currently positions as an alternative to Lagos.

All it needs is to have the port come onboard and watch the massive migration from Lagos following the relocation of so many service companies and businesses down south. In the coming years..... watch the dynamics of Nigeria.

North will be busy with agriculture, SS will be self sufficient in Oil and commerce, SW through lagos maintains its commerce and economy. SE will be the link between all these through businesses
Re: Controversial Ibaka Seaport Relocated And Renamed. by Nobody: 2:40pm On Dec 19, 2014
Dopeyomi:

Admin I don catch all of them.. #spacebookers oya come and 'ban' them grin
bro i am not part of that little kids party called S.BAN
Re: Controversial Ibaka Seaport Relocated And Renamed. by peter4d2(m): 2:46pm On Dec 19, 2014
Its a welcome development doe wish d incoming government wuld do justice 2 compliment GA efforts.
Re: Controversial Ibaka Seaport Relocated And Renamed. by rozayx5(m): 2:50pm On Dec 19, 2014
Eyop:

The next Governor coming from Eket senatorial district has nothing to do with building the sea port. It's not a state government project.

the governor still has to rally support for the project. by providing funds for it

1 Like

Re: Controversial Ibaka Seaport Relocated And Renamed. by Nobody: 2:53pm On Dec 19, 2014
I don't like the PPP arrangement for the proposed seaport. Why cant the FG contribute 60% while AKSG pays 40% to fund the project 100% without involving external financiers who usually come with shylock payback conditions that tie citizens to the apron string of the financiers for as long as 50 years. If the seaport in PH and that in Lagos and other federal projects in the country were built with govt direct funding, why, in this digital age, must we be enslaved to some foreign bigots who will be milking us throughout our eternity after they complete the project and start recouping. The 2nd Niger bridge is another such project with the same concept. Igbos are already complaining that the project, after its completion, will enslave them for some 25 - 50 years. They want the PPP financing plan with Julius Berger abrogated. Any trailer passing thru the bridge when completed will pay N5000 everytime it crosses the bridge to or fro. I reject PPP for a rich country like Nigeria.
Re: Controversial Ibaka Seaport Relocated And Renamed. by Nobody: 2:55pm On Dec 19, 2014
I don't like the PPP arrangement for the proposed seaport. Why cant the FG contribute 60% while AKSG pays 40% to fund the project 100% without involving external financiers who usually come with shylock payback conditions that tie citizens to the apron string of the financiers for as long as 50 years. If the seaport in PH and that in Lagos and other federal projects in the country were built with govt direct funding, why, in this digital age, must we be enslaved to some foreign bigots who will be milking us throughout our eternity after they complete the project and start recouping. The 2nd Niger bridge is another such project with the same concept. Igbos are already complaining that the project, after its completion, will enslave them for some 25 - 50 years. They want the PPP financing plan with Julius Berger abrogated. Any trailer passing thru the bridge when completed will pay N5000 everytime it crosses the bridge to or fro. I reject PPP for a rich country like Nigeria. I don't like the PPP arrangement for the proposed seaport. Why cant the FG contribute 60% while AKSG pays 40% to fund the project 100% without involving external financiers who usually come with shylock payback conditions that tie citizens to the apron string of the financiers for as long as 50 years. If the seaport in PH and that in Lagos and other federal projects in the country were built with govt direct funding, why, in this digital age, must we be enslaved to some foreign bigots who will be milking us throughout our eternity after they complete the project and start recouping. The 2nd Niger bridge is another such project with the same concept. Igbos are already complaining that the project, after its completion, will enslave them for some 25 - 50 years. They want the PPP financing plan with Julius Berger abrogated. Any trailer passing thru the bridge when completed will pay N5000 everytime it crosses the bridge to or fro. I reject PPP for a rich country like Nigeria. I don't like the PPP arrangement for the proposed seaport. Why cant the FG contribute 60% while AKSG pays 40% to fund the project 100% without involving external financiers who usually come with shylock payback conditions that tie citizens to the apron string of the financiers for as long as 50 years. If the seaport in PH and that in Lagos and other federal projects in the country were built with govt direct funding, why, in this digital age, must we be enslaved to some foreign bigots who will be milking us throughout our eternity after they complete the project and start recouping. The 2nd Niger bridge is another such project with the same concept. Igbos are already complaining that the project, after its completion, will enslave them for some 25 - 50 years. They want the PPP financing plan with Julius Berger abrogated. Any trailer passing thru the bridge when completed will pay N5000 everytime it crosses the bridge to or fro. I reject PPP for a rich country like Nigeria.
Re: Controversial Ibaka Seaport Relocated And Renamed. by Samabu07(m): 3:22pm On Dec 19, 2014
Dopeyomi:

Admin I don catch all of them.. #spacebookers oya come and 'ban' them grin

The Mods + Super Mods are busy pushing worthless threads to the Front Page.

Seun is definitely on Holiday! I said it...
Re: Controversial Ibaka Seaport Relocated And Renamed. by Immune1(m): 3:23pm On Dec 19, 2014
ChimaAdeoye:
[size=14pt]The problems isn't to move it 20 times, the big question is
[/size]
[size=21pt]When will construction start[/size]

Are you thinking at all?Whats the point starting only for it to fail?
Re: Controversial Ibaka Seaport Relocated And Renamed. by makapella(m): 5:44pm On Dec 19, 2014
Rubbish...i see dz as a propaganda to frustrate Oro Nation..i am a typical ibibio man n i knw wot Udom led administration is going to be like under the supervision of his lord and master Gov Akpabio...WE R WATCHING

1 Like

Re: Controversial Ibaka Seaport Relocated And Renamed. by magnusbane: 6:17pm On Dec 19, 2014
I heard that powers that be are sworn not to let this project come to fruitfull,as it will drastically reduce lagos status as the central business hub of Nigeria
Re: Controversial Ibaka Seaport Relocated And Renamed. by Abagworo(m): 1:58pm On Apr 17, 2015
magnusbane:
I heard that powers that be are sworn not to let this project come to fruitfull,as it will drastically reduce lagos status as the central business hub of Nigeria

When you have all the powers?
Re: Controversial Ibaka Seaport Relocated And Renamed. by Sunrise258: 8:31pm On Mar 18, 2023
cheruv:

all the ijos do is claim clans whose origins are yet to be known. they did that with the ogoni ,now its clear that ogonis are more related to mmoños than ijos.
among ijos,there are 5 main groupings
1]yorobiod Ijos
2]Edoid Ijos
3]Ijoid Ijos
4]Igboid Ijos
5]Ibibioid Ijos
I've always asked myself what happens when Nigeria breaks up and mother states of those groupings decide to come for their own

for now, ibaka belongs to AKS

Nigeria is a complicated country. Breakup is almost impossible! How many sections would SS and NC break into?! I was shocked when Ikwerre man and an Ijaw man told me they are related to the Yorubas through Oduduwa. I googled it and found out Ijaw is actually an Oduduwa son/grandson!!!
Re: Controversial Ibaka Seaport Relocated And Renamed. by cheruv: 9:12pm On Mar 18, 2023
Sunrise258:

Nigeria is a complicated country. Breakup is almost impossible! How many sections would SS and NC break into?! I was shocked when Ikwerre man and an Ijaw man told me they are related to the Yorubas through Oduduwa. I googled it and found out Ijaw is actually an Oduduwa son/grandson!!!
Through which oduduwa? shocked
Ijos especially those in Bayelsa and Delta States are the oldest groups in southern Nigeria. Those claiming ijo in Rivers State are not really ijo.
The ikwerre themselves are a conglomerate of different groups... Infact, their name "ikwerre" means congregation, and other versions are "ekwerre" or "ekwulu". The ikwerre themselves come from different parts of Igboland and so have no single origin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Again Naira Falls, Sells At N465 Per Dollar / Bombs From Abuja To Nairobi Fail To Slow Africa’s Markets / Cpa Offer That Pays $1.5 Per Signup (worldwide)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.