Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,137 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:56 AM

The Fraudulent Construction Of 2nd Niger Bridge: Another 419 On The Igbo Nation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Fraudulent Construction Of 2nd Niger Bridge: Another 419 On The Igbo Nation (5491 Views)

Pictures From On Going Construction Of 2nd Niger Bridge. / ENUGU International Airport Scam: Another 419 On The Igbo Nation / Fraudulent Construction Of The Second Niger Bridge- Another 419 On Ndigbo Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Fraudulent Construction Of 2nd Niger Bridge: Another 419 On The Igbo Nation by pacodas: 7:23am On Dec 19, 2014
The construction of 2nd Niger Bridge through a Public Private Partnership involving Julius Berger -NSIA Consortium and tolling the Igbo people for 25 years thereafter is another 419 on the Biafran Igbo citizens of South East Nigeria. According to the terms of this fraudulent business, the project is a Design, Finance, Build, Operate and Transfer (DFBOT) model to cost N117 Billion naira with the Federal Government contributing a paltry N30 billion naira while the consortium will raise the rest of the funds and thereafter hold the Igbo people to ransom by collecting a 25 year toll tax for raising the rest of the funds offshore.
President Jonathan speaking at the ground breaking ceremony at Onitsha in March 2014 said that “as part of our administration’s Transformation Agenda in the road sector, we have set out to construct two very important new bridges, across our Nation’s two great rivers – the River Niger and River Benue.These are the Loko-Oweto Bridge linking Nasarawa and Benue States,which is progressing satisfactorily, and this 2nd Niger Bridge, connecting Anambra and Delta States.” It is worthy to note that the other bridges are being constructed by Jonathan regime without any PPP and without any toll tax on the people of Benue and Nasarrawa States.

This means that all President Ebele Jonathan can do for the Igbos since they gave him unprecedented support since 2010 is to contribute only N30 billion naira while some Shylock consortium raises the rest of the money and milks the Igbo nation for 25 years.

Experts have told me that the bridge is not supposed to cost anything above N50 billion , going by Nigerian standard of cost inflation, including the 11 km access roads. However, this contract cost was doubled overnight to N117 billion naira to justify the financial heist on Ndigbo. The fraudulent construction will cost N117 billion for a 1.5 km bridge while the 1.3 km Lekki-Ikoyi suspension Bridge cost only N29 billion naira. Thus the thieves jerked the cost of constructing the 2nd Niger bridge to 4 times the actual cost just to justify the rape on the over grateful Igbo nation.
Informed sources within Ohanaeze and among Igbo leaders and All Progressive Grand Alliance (APGA) have continued to echo that this 2nd Niger Bridge business venture is actually between Julius Berger, Ebele Jonathan and Peter Obi and that Mr Peter Obi’s 2nd Niger Bridge business venture will yield at least N12 billion naira annually. Reliable sources have revealed that whenever the bridge is finished, all heavy duty vehicles will pay N1000 toll fee while cars and mini buses will pay N500 naira. Tricycles will pay N200 while cyclists will pay N100 naira each time they pass through the bridge.

This criminal toll gate will yield the corrupt business consortium and their secret sponsors about N1 billion monthly. This means that in 4 years, the thieves would have recovered N50 billion which is the actual over-exaggerated cost of constructing (going by the Federal Ministry of Works Corrupt Standard). Going by the Governor Fashola Run Lagos State standard, the bridge will not cost anything above N30 billion naira and thieves will take about two years plus to recover their investments and the rest 22 years will be excess profit.
The financial interpretation of this criminality is that for 25 years with static revenue of N12 billion annually (ignoring the tendencies to increase the toll fee after 2 years) , the thieves will make N300 billion naira turnover with 250 billion naira as profit. This means that their investment is recouped within 4 years and the rest 21 years is profit. If the cost of such offshore long term cost is factored, usually 2.5 -5% per annum, and its future value for 25 years is factored, it cannot get any anywhere near N60 billion naira and yet the financial bandits are bandying N117 billion naira as cost of constructing the bridge.

The implication is that some politicians within the presidency and Anambra State Govt House have done 419 on the Igbo nation and we are all smiling like charmed drunks. If the entire Igbo nation is charmed, I am not. God will definitely disgrace the thieves that want to put the Igbo race into a slavish bondage of paying through the nose for a Niger Bridge when all the rest of Nigeria, from Benue to Kogi , Calabar to Lagos,Maidugeri to Sokoto and all over Nigeria has bridges, dams, silos, roads etc built with Federal Government money while the defeated Biafran Igbos of South East will have theirs built and tolled for 25 years.

For all the support Ndigbo gave Ebele Azikkiwe Jonathan since 2010, a PPP modeled 2nd Niger Bridge is far worse that what Awolowo did when Ojukwu released him from Calabar prison and he promised to declare Oduduwa Republic, but chickened out at the deceptive offer of Gowon. This time around, this disappointment is not from a Soyinka nor Obasajo nor Tinubu, rather it is under the supervision of “our cousin” Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan, and our former Chairman, Board of Trustees of All Progressive Grand Alliance (APGA) ‘Igbo Party” Peter Obi and world acclaimed Igbo Economist Okonjo Iwuala whose economic wisdom failed to notice the injustice and criminality in this transaction.
Condemning the fraud called 2nd Niger Bridge, former governor of Anambra State and serving senator, Dr Chris Ngige said that “The first is that the bridge is being built on a Public Private Partnership(PPP) deal, with overseas financiers. For that reason, the cost of the bridge suffered double inflation, both from the Nigeria end and the financiers who alleged cost of fund.
“The bridge, which should have cost N70 billion is now to cost N114 billion, that was why I told the South-East Senate Caucus that I was not going to be a part of it”. Ngige even got it wrong-the bridge should have cost between N30-N50 billion naira, and factoring cost of funds it should be t around N40-N60 Billion if PPP should be used.

Ohanaeze and all Igbo leaders should condemn this enslavement of Ndigbo through this over-bloated and fraudulent construction of a bridge and must demand immediately the cancellation of this PPP Design, Finance, Build, Operate and Transfer model .

Jonathan led Government should takeover the responsibility for the full construction of that bridge, and settle off the fraudulent consortium. This fraudulent 419 2nd Niger Bridge should be revised for a full scale Federal Government Built arrangement before another scandal erupts.

Source: http://abusidiqu.com/fraudulent-construction-2nd-niger-bridge-another-419-igbo-nation-obinna-akukwe/

2 Likes

Re: The Fraudulent Construction Of 2nd Niger Bridge: Another 419 On The Igbo Nation by simplemach(m): 7:24am On Dec 19, 2014
Hmmmmm, nawaoooo, this is 9ja.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Fraudulent Construction Of 2nd Niger Bridge: Another 419 On The Igbo Nation by Ngwakwe: 7:41am On Dec 19, 2014
Another busybody.

Do you have a problem with who I choose to date?

We are in Love

14 Likes

Re: The Fraudulent Construction Of 2nd Niger Bridge: Another 419 On The Igbo Nation by Nobody: 7:56am On Dec 19, 2014
Ngwakwe:
Another busybody.

We are in Love
Your people are getting duped and slaved and all you can type is the above? You actually make ibos look stupid with your horrible posts.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Fraudulent Construction Of 2nd Niger Bridge: Another 419 On The Igbo Nation by Collynzo9: 8:01am On Dec 19, 2014
Abusidiqu has always been a useless paid APC blogger just like Osun defender, they don't even try to disguise their lies.
Don't worry about us, a simple matter like toll or no toll cannot make us block the construction of that bridge.
Let it be completed first, then see if we will pay any toll.
We will cross the bridge when we get there (literally).

13 Likes

Re: The Fraudulent Construction Of 2nd Niger Bridge: Another 419 On The Igbo Nation by Ngwakwe: 8:22am On Dec 19, 2014
eighTHREAD:

Master of knowledge. Do you actually believe Igbos are silly?

Just because we suffered a temporary setback during the war of annihilation doesn't make us inferiors to Mr Nobody.

We believe in ourselves and it is working for us.

As I said before, I repeat, we are in love and that's solely our business if we decide to fall mugu, we accept the responsibility.

We've gotten the respect we so desire. The jealousy is now so glaring that our indefatigable women in Government are now referred to as acting Presidents.

We don't need the op-editor's advice nor yours.

18 Likes

Re: The Fraudulent Construction Of 2nd Niger Bridge: Another 419 On The Igbo Nation by Nobody: 8:32am On Dec 19, 2014
Ngwakwe:

Master of knowledge. Do you actually believe Igbos are silly?

Just because we suffered a temporary setback during the war of annihilation doesn't make us inferiors to Mr Nobody.

We believe in ourselves and it is working for us.

As I said before, I repeat, we are in love and that's solely our business if we decide to fall mugu, we accept the responsibility.

We've gotten the respect we so desire. The jealousy is now so glaring that our indefatigable women in Government are now referred to as pseudo Presidents.

We don't need the op-editor's advice nor yours.
no wonder an ibo man can never rule nigeria! Look at how this one is supporting perpetual fraud just cos it is committed by "our brother". That same brother of yours is enslaving you and generations of ibos to come. As for female presidents, watch as they'll be thrown in jail except if you still believe in the GEJ till 2019 delusion.

4 Likes

Re: The Fraudulent Construction Of 2nd Niger Bridge: Another 419 On The Igbo Nation by Ngwakwe: 8:34am On Dec 19, 2014
eighTHREAD:
no wonder an ibo man can never rule nigeria! Look at how this one is supporting perpetual fraud just cos it is committed by "our brother". That same brother of yours is enslaving you and generations of ibos to come. As for female presidents, watch as they'll be thrown in jail except if you still believe in the GEJ till 2019 delusion.

We have electricity in our houses and we don't sleep in darkness courtesy of our individual and collective ingenuity.

Mud houses are becoming a history in our clime yet Mud house dwellers have the effrontery to lecture us on the need for cement.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Fraudulent Construction Of 2nd Niger Bridge: Another 419 On The Igbo Nation by juman(m): 8:37am On Dec 19, 2014
Yiiibo things.

2 Likes

Re: The Fraudulent Construction Of 2nd Niger Bridge: Another 419 On The Igbo Nation by Nobody: 8:49am On Dec 19, 2014
Ngwakwe:

We have electricity in our houses and we don't sleep in darkness courtesy of our individual and collective ingenuity.

Mud houses are becoming a history in our clime yet Mud house dwellers have the effrontery to lecture us on the need for cement.
look at a NL Mod being a bigot, instead of facing the topic he's bringing tribalism into it. Do you know why mud houses still abound in SW? Cos the region has enough land to build modern structures, which they are doing, so they don't feel the need to destroy an ancestral heritage which stood as modern cities in their time while some people where swinging in trees and eating each other. It's just so funny how this people who have no history other than being cave men are now taunting their neighbors who built the oyo empire. Oyo state is larger than the whole southeast so we don't need to destroy to build new structures cos we have land in abundance.

22 Likes

Re: The Fraudulent Construction Of 2nd Niger Bridge: Another 419 On The Igbo Nation by Nobody: 8:52am On Dec 19, 2014
Collynzo9:
Abusidiqu has always been a useless paid APC blogger just like Osun defender, they don't even try to disguise their lies.
Don't worry about us, a simple matter like toll or no toll cannot make us block the construction of that bridge.
....with your hard-earned money even after shouting GEJ till 30005600089 grin

3 Likes

Re: The Fraudulent Construction Of 2nd Niger Bridge: Another 419 On The Igbo Nation by Ngwakwe: 9:02am On Dec 19, 2014
eighTHREAD:
look at a NL Mod being a bigot, instead of facing the topic he's bringing tribalism into it. Do you know why mud houses still abound in SW? Cos the region has enough land to build modern structures, which they are doing, so they don't feel the need to destroy an ancestral heritage which stood as modern cities in their time while some people where swinging in trees and eating each other. It's just so funny how this people who have no history other than being cave men are now taunting their neighbors who built the oyo empire. Oyo state is larger than the whole southeast so we don't need to destroy to build new structures cos we have land in abundance.

Stop claiming superiority, we are all equal and do use and pass through the same Niger Bridge, be you Igbo, Hausa, Yoruba, Tiv, Fulani, Urhobo etc. The Bridge is not more important to South East than their close door neighbours. It is a means to falicitate trade and movement.

Do South-Easterners cross the bridge to go to another South East State - No

I don't even know which part of the country you're from when I made the comment.

What I wrote up there is just an idiomatic expression

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Fraudulent Construction Of 2nd Niger Bridge: Another 419 On The Igbo Nation by thomastbibler: 9:14am On Dec 19, 2014
Corruption and tribalism are the main problems we have in this country.
Re: The Fraudulent Construction Of 2nd Niger Bridge: Another 419 On The Igbo Nation by Nobody: 9:49am On Dec 19, 2014
Ngwakwe:

Stop claiming superiority, we are all equal and do use and pass through the same Niger Bridge, be you Igbo, Hausa, Yoruba, Tiv, Fulani, Urhobo etc. The Bridge is not more important to South East than their close door neighbours. It is a means to falicitate trade and movement.

Do South-Easterners cross the bridge to go to another South East State - No

I don't even know which part of the country you're from when I made the comment.

What I wrote up there is just an idiomatic expression
@bold stop lying. As long as there are more ibos in oyo than there are in ebonyi, they'll definitely use the bridge.

1 Like

Re: The Fraudulent Construction Of 2nd Niger Bridge: Another 419 On The Igbo Nation by Collynzo9: 10:03am On Dec 19, 2014
eighTHREAD:
@bold stop lying. As long as there are more ibos in oyo than there are in ebonyi, they'll definitely use the bridge.
So there are more than 2.5 million Igbos in Oyo?
What is the total population of the state again?

11 Likes

Re: The Fraudulent Construction Of 2nd Niger Bridge: Another 419 On The Igbo Nation by Nobody: 10:09am On Dec 19, 2014
Collynzo9:

So there are more than 2.5 million Igbos in Oyo?
What is the total population of the state again?
no be talk say ibo yapa for oyo pass ebonyi, na one ibo elder talk so.
Re: The Fraudulent Construction Of 2nd Niger Bridge: Another 419 On The Igbo Nation by mrvitalis(m): 10:18am On Dec 19, 2014
as an igbo ...i know my people just hate the Hausa man ..for the civil war ....without knowing our brother caused the war....major kadunna was the problem
Hausa trusted us....and we betrayed them ...i just pray they forgive us so that this country can move forward
..i just laf when igbos support ijaws ....cos dey have never and will never support us

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Fraudulent Construction Of 2nd Niger Bridge: Another 419 On The Igbo Nation by mazzi: 10:20am On Dec 19, 2014
eighTHREAD:
Your people are getting duped and slaved and all you can type is the above? You actually make ibos look stupid with your horrible posts.
u mean the way gambaris are yanshing u ofeoil people...cry frm now till christ come our votes for GEJ are already in the bag.

4 Likes

Re: The Fraudulent Construction Of 2nd Niger Bridge: Another 419 On The Igbo Nation by mazzi: 10:25am On Dec 19, 2014
mrvitalis:
as an igbo ...i know my people just hate the Hausa man ..for the civil war ....without knowing our brother caused the war....major kadunna was the problem
Hausa trusted us....and we betrayed them ...i just pray they forgive us so that this country can move forward
..i just laf when igbos support ijaws ....cos dey have never and will never support us
see this abooki goat or lazy ofesomething dey form igbo.u be real aturu ugwu.

15 Likes

Re: The Fraudulent Construction Of 2nd Niger Bridge: Another 419 On The Igbo Nation by mrvitalis(m): 10:39am On Dec 19, 2014
mazzi:
see this abooki goat or lazy ofesomething dey form igbo.u be real aturu ugwu.
am pure igbo man ...an mbaise man for the ....in my village the war started and ended so i know more about it than u can ever know ...go ask questions
Re: The Fraudulent Construction Of 2nd Niger Bridge: Another 419 On The Igbo Nation by Yeske2(m): 11:25am On Dec 19, 2014
Ngwakwe:
Another busybody.

We are in Love
For your church mind now, you feel you're making sence abi

1 Like

Re: The Fraudulent Construction Of 2nd Niger Bridge: Another 419 On The Igbo Nation by Yeske2(m): 11:29am On Dec 19, 2014
Collynzo9:
Prove to me that the author lied and forget the rest. Next time speak for yourself. Tell me I'm from Osun state as well

1 Like

Re: The Fraudulent Construction Of 2nd Niger Bridge: Another 419 On The Igbo Nation by minister2015: 11:49am On Dec 19, 2014
IGBOS IS HIGH TIME U USE UR COMMON SENSE TO KNOW UR REAL ENEMY. TWENTY YEARS NO BE JOKE O! THE CONSTRUCTION OF MR OBI SECOND BRIDGE IS BEING HIGHLY INFLATED. WHY ARE OHTER BRIDGES BEING CONSTRUCTED BY FG AND MR OBI IS TRU PPP(UNBORN IGBO).I'm trully being convinced, that jonaout is trully an ijaw suprremacist. this is aim at bringing down the fortunes of igbo nation even after nigeria might have broken up.
Re: The Fraudulent Construction Of 2nd Niger Bridge: Another 419 On The Igbo Nation by Dolarman(m): 12:42pm On Dec 19, 2014
Igbos fooling Igbos.... I pray it will not be too late before you realise that GEJ is fooling you all. Calling a Spade a Spade is alwayz their problem since their kingsman is involve.
Re: The Fraudulent Construction Of 2nd Niger Bridge: Another 419 On The Igbo Nation by Laird(m): 1:34pm On Dec 19, 2014
AS AN BOY WITH A YORUBA MOTHER AND WHO WAS BORN IN KADUIGBOKADUNA HAVE LIVED AND SCHOOLED IN KADUNA, ZARIA, LAGOS, EDO STATE AND ABIA..I BELIEVE I SHOULD SPEAK THE TRUTH....
THAT BRIDGE SHOULDD BE TOLL FREE
Re: The Fraudulent Construction Of 2nd Niger Bridge: Another 419 On The Igbo Nation by Collynzo9: 2:09pm On Dec 19, 2014
Yeske2:
Prove to me that the author lied and forget the rest. Next time speak for yourself. Tell me I'm from Osun state as well
Some of you talk trash just to feel funky, a bridge hasn't been completed yet and you are worrying about tolls. Should we halt the construction of the bridge because they suggested it might be built through PPP? Why not wait for the bridge to be completed first then make it clear that you wouldn't pay the toll?
They also said the Lagos-Ibadan expressway will be built through PPP, have you heard the Yorubas who are advising you ever call for the project to be stopped because of that?
People toy with your emotions and you fall for it, use your brain and not your heart for thinking.

6 Likes

Re: The Fraudulent Construction Of 2nd Niger Bridge: Another 419 On The Igbo Nation by comos: 2:13pm On Dec 19, 2014
pacodas:

Source: http://abusidiqu.com/fraudulent-construction-2nd-niger-bridge-another-419-igbo-nation-obinna-akukwe/
You can write whatever you feel, but we from the east knows how important that bridge is to us and we are seeing physically the construction that is going on and we pray it be completed.
Re: The Fraudulent Construction Of 2nd Niger Bridge: Another 419 On The Igbo Nation by Nobody: 2:27pm On Dec 19, 2014
Ngwakwe:

eighTHREAD:see punch line up there I beg the guy don tell u all
Re: The Fraudulent Construction Of 2nd Niger Bridge: Another 419 On The Igbo Nation by waternogetemeny: 2:30pm On Dec 19, 2014
Collynzo9:

Nwanne u hit the hammer on the nail head with this comment.

Wen the Bridge is completed na high speed, we dey take zoom, afterall it is an express Bridge.

Ten Kobo we no go give, unless it will be used for another (3rd) Bridge ongoing construction then we can contribute

1 Like

Re: The Fraudulent Construction Of 2nd Niger Bridge: Another 419 On The Igbo Nation by Nobody: 2:41pm On Dec 19, 2014
These enemies of progress don't ever get tired. Toll gate or no toll gate, how come the past govts didn't build any 2nd Niger bridge in the last 30 years? Let's see the bridge first, then we can talk about the tolling later. After all there is an existing bridge, which is free for all

6 Likes

Re: The Fraudulent Construction Of 2nd Niger Bridge: Another 419 On The Igbo Nation by humblesteve(m): 3:18pm On Dec 19, 2014
Nigerians can't get tired of taking panadol 4 another man's head ache how does this add value to your life

BizzyBody or rather joblessness!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Who Is Capable Of Been The Igbo President Of 2019? / An Untold Story Of The Man Called "Samuel Doe" (Photos) / APC Reveals Sponsors Of Niger Delta Avengers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.