Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,386 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:20 AM

Now That You Are Here: A Tale Of Deception And Betrayal (episode 4) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Now That You Are Here: A Tale Of Deception And Betrayal (episode 4) (550 Views)

SANDRA a Love, Passion And Betrayal novel-By Redgem / A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Now That You Are Here: A Tale Of Deception And Betrayal (episode 4) by Abisoyee(m): 9:01am On Dec 19, 2014
[Excerpt from Episode 3: Damilola urged him on as he pounded into her with all the fury of a man in heat and as he branded her with his seed before collapsing against her, she held him to her and cried silently. Kissing her tears away softly, he whispered “I am here now Damilola, we are going to be fine! I love you.” In a shaky voice, she whispered “I love you too.”]

It was three weeks since Gbade arrival in Nigeria and of the three weeks they had been at loggerheads for about two. The last one week had been peaceful and nothing but bliss. Damilola was pretty certain that he was going to propose before he returned back to the United States in another week. Their loved had grown stronger than ever and she was happy they had been able to overcome the hurdle of the cheating. She was preparing his breakfast when she suddenly felt dizzy and had to quickly hold onto the refrigerator door to keep her balance. Her vision clouded for some few seconds and then passed as quickly as it had come. She dismissed it as one of those spells and made a mental note to use an anti-malaria drug. She quickly dished out the steaming porridge and vegetables and made for the dining table where a patient Gbade was waiting. Just as she was about to drop the food, the dizziness swept over her again and the food dropped out of her hand and landed on the table with a bang, In a flash Gbade was out of his seat and he caught her just as she swooned against the chair. He pressed his face anxiously close to hers as he asked if she was alright. Offering him a weak smile, she disengaged herself and answered she was fine. He shook his head in concern and told her to go have her bath as they were going to the hospital after his breakfast. “Do you realize a lot of people kill themselves by not being more concerned about their health? Even if you feel fine again, you should have a routine checkup.”

Damilola was silent throughout the drive to the hospital as she had an inclining of what could be wrong with her. She wringed her hands together unconsciously as her mind flashed to about three weeks before Gbade’s arrival. She had run into her ex John and he had casually invited her to hang out with him for a drink and she had agreed reluctantly. John had always been an affable person and it wasn’t long before they were laughing like old lovebirds once again. Their relationship had lasted about seven months before she quit because he barely had her time. He was now dating a white girl named Trisha and he invited her for dinner to officially meet Trisha that night. She had not given it a second thought before she agreed and she went to his house that night with nothing but innocence in mind. The night wore on and Trisha didn’t show up, to cut a long story short, she ended up drinking more than she should have and somehow she woke up in his bed the following morning. It had been her little secret and she had run off like ma sacred rabbit back into its hole. John had been very apologetic about it and respected her relationship status even while admitting he still had feelings for her. Was she about to pay the price for that one day? It was too soon for her to have gotten pregnant for Gbade so it had to be John.
Gbade’s face was a mask of rage and hurt as he stared furiously at Damilola with all the veins stretching tautly in his temple. His little Miss Perfect wasn’t so perfect at all. How could she have gotten pregnant for another man? He had been cheating but he hadn’t impregnated another woman. Dammit! She was the one he loved and wanted to spend the rest of his life with but she had been too busy spreading her legs for another man. He was an African man and was allowed to have more than one woman but she wasn’t. He ran his hand through his hair with the frustration oozing from his every pore and taking her by the arms, he shook her violently. “How could you Damilola. I totally understand if you couldn’t stay off sex but get pregnant? Does he do it better than me? Is he richer? Is he more handsome? Tell me Dammy.” His betrayed expression made the tears come more freely as Dammy sobs rent the air and she made no move to stop them. In a teary whispered she answered “Gbade I am sorry. It was a mistake, it wasn’t mean to happen, I was drunk.” This only seemed to infuriate him even more as he bellowed “Drunk! I have always told you I don’t like you drinking, now look where that has gotten us. How would you feel if Mirabel showed up pregnant? Tell me.”

Dammy bowed her head and allowed him shout at her. She totally understood how he felt; it must be ten times worse than the way she had felt when she found out about Mirabel. She wished she could comfort him but she didn’t know how. Everything she said or tried to do only seemed to upset him more and in that moment she decided the baby had to go to save her relationship. Pushing aside her hair from eyes, she looked at him with red-rimmed eyes and said quietly “I will fix this Gbade.”

To be Continued

Keep updated, follow on Twitter and Instagram @iamposhkid. You can also visit www.akinwrites..com

(1) (Reply)

"Just Checking In Today" / Last Adventure / 15 Great Thoughts..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.