Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,871 members, 7,806,482 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:08 PM

"DSS Has Proven That I'm Not Boko Haram's Sponsor" - Ali Modu Sheriff - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "DSS Has Proven That I'm Not Boko Haram's Sponsor" - Ali Modu Sheriff (8849 Views)

APC Accepts Ali Modu Sheriff Back Into The Party - Photo / Nigerian Army Nabs Fake General Alleged To Be Boko Haram Sponsor (Photo) / 13 Igbos Murdered In Mubi Were Killed By Their Kinsmen, Not Boko Haram! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

"DSS Has Proven That I'm Not Boko Haram's Sponsor" - Ali Modu Sheriff by TheRealMrStan(m): 9:36am On Dec 19, 2014
Former Borno State governor Ali Modu Sheriff yesterday said he owed the Department of State Services (DSS) gratitude for coming out with facts that confirm his innocence over allegations that he was sponsoring Boko Haram
activities.

Sheriff said this days after the DSS paraded six persons, including a former special assistant to Borno State governor Kashim Shettima, who confessed to being the one that cooked up stories that informed the indictment of former chief of army staff General Azubuike Ihejirika and himself as sponsors, as announced by the Australian selfstyled. negotiator, Steven Davis.

“Nigerians, by now, should have been convinced about my innocence on the lies being told against my person as a major sponsor of Boko Haram, but by God’s will, no amount of attacks would deter me from taking Borno State to the right path of politics and development.”

Sheriff said he was consoled that the federal government, through the, DSS, was able to conclusively unravel the truth on the matter.

“Do I need to stress to you that the government has vindicated me as the outcome of investigations have more clearly revealed the source of the blackmail against me. Those behind the plots to smear my name are more on the spot now, going by what has happened.

“I have always said that attempts to give me a bad name will always fail. I stand by the truth and I will not relent in pursuing the truth. Let them continue to toe the line of evil against me, but rest assured that those
involved would soon burn their fingers.”

The former governor further praised the DSS for its relentless quest to unravel the mysteries behind Boko Haram, and urged Nigerians to always accord the government and security agencies the necessary cooperation they need to win the war against terrorism in the country.

Sheriff, who made these comments in an interview with newsmen yesterday, said his efforts to ensure victory for the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Borno State was the reason he has been constantly under attack with desperation by those he described as ‘political foes’ to link him with insurgency in the state.

LEADERSHIP Friday recalls that one of the fake Boko Haram suspects, Junaid
Idrisa Khadi, in his statement at the DSS office, said he deliberately conspired to blackmail and implicate Ali Modu Sheriff and one Mala Othoman, former state chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC) as sponsors of the Boko Haram sect.

Khadi had said it was when the attempt failed that he sold the idea directly to Steven Davis, an Australian negotiator, that Sheriff was a sponsor of Boko Haram.

The spokesman of Borno State governor, Isa Gusau, had said in a statement
released on Tuesday that Governor Shettima condemned whatever act Khadi and
his cohorts had engaged in.
http://leadership.ng/news/396204/boko-haram-dss-vindicated-im-innocent-sheriff

1 Like

Re: "DSS Has Proven That I'm Not Boko Haram's Sponsor" - Ali Modu Sheriff by Abbey2sam(m): 9:37am On Dec 19, 2014
1st commandment....... you shall not believe anything those blood sucker says

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: "DSS Has Proven That I'm Not Boko Haram's Sponsor" - Ali Modu Sheriff by BUSHHUNTER: 9:37am On Dec 19, 2014
The Guy above me which Network u dey use grin and wich kind Fone? Cos na dis same time we enta grin

6 Likes

Re: "DSS Has Proven That I'm Not Boko Haram's Sponsor" - Ali Modu Sheriff by Austindark(m): 9:38am On Dec 19, 2014
well, good for him

this APC of a thing should stop politicising everything so that we can fight this insurgency.

or do they want it to continue??

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: "DSS Has Proven That I'm Not Boko Haram's Sponsor" - Ali Modu Sheriff by charitybabe: 9:38am On Dec 19, 2014
ok, when time reach naa
Re: "DSS Has Proven That I'm Not Boko Haram's Sponsor" - Ali Modu Sheriff by lanxlot(m): 9:38am On Dec 19, 2014
lemme assume he is innocent. u knw, we jux cannot afford 2 av a sheriff(police) amongst d sponsors of boko are rams
Re: "DSS Has Proven That I'm Not Boko Haram's Sponsor" - Ali Modu Sheriff by YEMOYEMI: 9:39am On Dec 19, 2014
Independent invesigation is to be done. DSS is an arm of the present goverment. They clear who they like and dent who is against GEJ. Sheriff, you are not clean. Asiwaju Tinubu challenged you and you tried to hit him publicly.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "DSS Has Proven That I'm Not Boko Haram's Sponsor" - Ali Modu Sheriff by Firefire(m): 9:39am On Dec 19, 2014
ONLY Time shall tell. undecided
Re: "DSS Has Proven That I'm Not Boko Haram's Sponsor" - Ali Modu Sheriff by Brymo: 9:39am On Dec 19, 2014
They r always above d law and d always get away with it.

1 Like

Re: "DSS Has Proven That I'm Not Boko Haram's Sponsor" - Ali Modu Sheriff by lanxlot(m): 9:39am On Dec 19, 2014
post=29016256:
K
4 kangaroo
Re: "DSS Has Proven That I'm Not Boko Haram's Sponsor" - Ali Modu Sheriff by SeverusSnape(m): 9:39am On Dec 19, 2014
I also don't believe the man is their sponsor, A man who killed their leader and killed a commissioner of his who was a boko haram member, How then can he be a sponsor?... A man that went to maiduguri with almost 200 soldiers just for protection from BH, A man that shekau has repeatedly threatened to kill, Can BH hand a threat to their sponsor?... BH has sponsors, but I don't think modu sherrif is one.

10 Likes

Re: "DSS Has Proven That I'm Not Boko Haram's Sponsor" - Ali Modu Sheriff by Isiterere(m): 9:39am On Dec 19, 2014
msheew, what do you expect? Are you not the president senior special adviser on Book Haram issue?
Nigerians don't belief in the DSS anymore.

ALL IZZ WELL

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: "DSS Has Proven That I'm Not Boko Haram's Sponsor" - Ali Modu Sheriff by kennosklint(m): 9:40am On Dec 19, 2014
Ok
Re: "DSS Has Proven That I'm Not Boko Haram's Sponsor" - Ali Modu Sheriff by Nobody: 9:40am On Dec 19, 2014
Who or what is DSS? Is it not a " parastatal " under killer party headquartered in wadata plaza in which u are a chieftain?
As soon as Buhari gets to office, ur case will be thoroughly investigated by the new improved SSS.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "DSS Has Proven That I'm Not Boko Haram's Sponsor" - Ali Modu Sheriff by pendy79: 9:40am On Dec 19, 2014
Hahaha, who does not know that was the reason behind the charade that the DSS organised.

The whole episode was stage managed to make you come out to say this.

Dont worry Nigerians know better.

Thank your God that reverend Davies revelation didn't cone out last year when you were in the APC, your whole family would have been made example of.

Was wise you decamped to the PDP, that's the party that cover up corruption and enemies of the state.

Just hold till 2015 then you will go thru proper investigation. Wicked and heartless bloodsucker.

10 Likes

Re: "DSS Has Proven That I'm Not Boko Haram's Sponsor" - Ali Modu Sheriff by CzarRex: 9:40am On Dec 19, 2014
K
Re: "DSS Has Proven That I'm Not Boko Haram's Sponsor" - Ali Modu Sheriff by candiva2013(m): 9:41am On Dec 19, 2014
Am some people called Jonathan names for not arresting Sherifft and Ihiejirika.

2 Likes

Re: "DSS Has Proven That I'm Not Boko Haram's Sponsor" - Ali Modu Sheriff by reknownedmarsk(m): 9:41am On Dec 19, 2014
DSS has proven
may i ask how??

1 Like

Re: "DSS Has Proven That I'm Not Boko Haram's Sponsor" - Ali Modu Sheriff by lanxlot(m): 9:41am On Dec 19, 2014
kennosklint:
Ok
4 oklahoma
Re: "DSS Has Proven That I'm Not Boko Haram's Sponsor" - Ali Modu Sheriff by Abbey2sam(m): 9:42am On Dec 19, 2014
BUSHHUNTER:
The Guy above me which Network u dey use grin and wich kind Fone? Cos na dis same time we enta grin

Samsung note3 + airtel grin grin

1 Like

Re: "DSS Has Proven That I'm Not Boko Haram's Sponsor" - Ali Modu Sheriff by zimoni(f): 9:42am On Dec 19, 2014
DSS ba?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaaha

2 Likes

Re: "DSS Has Proven That I'm Not Boko Haram's Sponsor" - Ali Modu Sheriff by Nobody: 9:42am On Dec 19, 2014
Who takes DSS seriously this days, their brazen display of partisanship and gross incompetence has made them a laughing stock.

5 Likes

Re: "DSS Has Proven That I'm Not Boko Haram's Sponsor" - Ali Modu Sheriff by kennyonthrone(m): 9:42am On Dec 19, 2014
Plz wen is dis season film going to end kuz as 4 me I have lost count of d season am watching nw.d production crew of dis great movie needs an award from d producer 2 the director nd 2 the last man of them alll

A well scripted movie full of suspense I must confess!

2 Likes

Re: "DSS Has Proven That I'm Not Boko Haram's Sponsor" - Ali Modu Sheriff by Nobody: 9:42am On Dec 19, 2014
Fast fingers every where!
@topic, knew it was a false allegation, they won't be so dumb to come out and point people sponsoring them. Such facts are gotten by investigation with hard facts to back it up.
Re: "DSS Has Proven That I'm Not Boko Haram's Sponsor" - Ali Modu Sheriff by Akbee(m): 9:43am On Dec 19, 2014
okay oh
Re: "DSS Has Proven That I'm Not Boko Haram's Sponsor" - Ali Modu Sheriff by teamlee: 9:43am On Dec 19, 2014
how am I sure
Re: "DSS Has Proven That I'm Not Boko Haram's Sponsor" - Ali Modu Sheriff by slightlyMad(f): 9:44am On Dec 19, 2014
and to think that we have intelligence department in this country?

how on earth will boko haram disclose their sponsors to a negotiator or to anyone for that matter.
anyways with Jesus Otuoke and his disciples, anything is possible

Buhari for 2015
Re: "DSS Has Proven That I'm Not Boko Haram's Sponsor" - Ali Modu Sheriff by kentochi(m): 9:45am On Dec 19, 2014
Re: "DSS Has Proven That I'm Not Boko Haram's Sponsor" - Ali Modu Sheriff by omenka(m): 9:46am On Dec 19, 2014
Mr Sheriff, just shut it already. Your case is like an insect trapped in a spider's web: the more you try to wriggle your way out of the web, the more entangled and trapped you become!!

grin

3 Likes

Re: "DSS Has Proven That I'm Not Boko Haram's Sponsor" - Ali Modu Sheriff by bynat(f): 9:46am On Dec 19, 2014
Bury ur head in shame

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Is Safe For World Leaders To Come - Lai Mohammed / Femi Adesina: Beware, Merchants Of Fake News On The Prowl / Governor Otti Makes 26 New Appointments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.