Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,127 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:21 AM

What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? (28917 Views)

Youth Employment In Agriculture Programme (YEAP) / Jonathan Launches Youth Employment In Agriculture Programme / Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by Whynotthetruth(m): 8:46pm On Dec 19, 2014
Sleekyshuga:
I've mentioned Aluu twice; 1st in my response to this question and where I did quote someone.. I'm on IT in the establishment @ Aluu but this is owned by the Federal Government while Songhai is a State Government establishment, Rivers State Government to be precise..

It's all good.. I'll PM you the contact of a friend @ Songhai.. He'll explain better.. I can only tell of ARAC @ Aluu...

Thank you ezigbo mmadu...kindly send whatever detail to that phone number plz...I need both yours and the guys biko...and modify to remove those numbers from public glare biko...dalu
Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by Yommykixz(m): 8:59pm On Dec 19, 2014
please guys, any fish farmer based in ibadan? lets connect please!

1 Like

Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by Sleekyshuga(f): 9:10pm On Dec 19, 2014
Yommykixz:

thank you very much this is very helpful. i think i like fish farming but do you think its advisable to sink the whole money in it?

and also the feed mill will cost more than a million, don't you think?
Fish Farming can't take the whole of that, save you are buying a land (maybe, half plot for a start)..

N/B: Fish farming entails lot of care.. The fingerlings/fries needs to be fed(3-4 hours daily), their water changed regularly, provision of light etc.. They are quite tender, and @ such, need extreme care.. Not all will survive grin but ensure a large number do.. You'll experience loss @ the start (due to being a novice) but in later times, you'll smile @ your profit..

Errrrmmm, I just finished from the Feed Mill Unit last week, and I can say, if used wisely, one Million Naira will do.. You'll need:

A land..

A standby generator..

A pelleting and grinding machine..

Raw ingredients for the meal..

A motorcycle/taxi/bus that will always be on standby to go get blood meal, etc...

Workers because you can't do the job alone..

1st picture: Ingredients of Fish Feed In Progress..

2nd picture: The Feed is Mixed with Blood Meal..

3rd picture: That's a Peletted Machine.. Sometimes, it is attached to a Grinding Machine..

4th picture: That's an example of a Pelted Feed..

After peletting, you'll dry, and when dried, you'll crush with the grinding machine for different sizes of fishes..

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by Sleekyshuga(f): 9:15pm On Dec 19, 2014
Whynotthetruth:

Thank you ezigbo mmadu...kindly send whatever detail to that phone number plz...I need both yours and the guys biko...and modify to remove those numbers from public glare biko...dalu
Most welcome.. I'll do just that..
Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by Yommykixz(m): 9:22pm On Dec 19, 2014
@sleekyshuga

thank you that is very enlightening, i think i'll need to go for a comprehensive training before jumping into the fish farming.

now about the feedmill, do these machines also produce poultry feeds?

and how many workers do u think can be enough cos labour too is important.
Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by realowded(m): 9:23pm On Dec 19, 2014
adaybayor:
with 1m you can earn btw 250k to 350k monthly on agric, if you want to know how add my pin 7CE131F0 and I will share some ideas with you. cant put my business idea on a public forum.
What difference does it make, if he decides to publicize it after u gave him. If it's not dubious, you won't hoard it.

1 Like

Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by rabimlomo: 9:26pm On Dec 19, 2014
Yommykixz:
please guys, any fish farmer based in ibadan? lets connect please!
Be very very careful with fish farming. It can be very profitable and it can be very disastrous at other times. Read extensively about it before starting it.
Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by Sleekyshuga(f): 9:29pm On Dec 19, 2014
Yommykixz:
@sleekyshuga

thank you that is very enlightening, i think i'll need to go for a comprehensive training before jumping into the fish farming.

now about the feedmill, do these machines also produce poultry feeds?

and how many workers do u think can be enough cos labour too is important.
You are most welcome.. Anytime, dear.. About poultry feed, I can't say cos @ ARAC, they don't rear Poultry.. They deal on just aqua-cultural livestock.. On the other side, machines produce poultry feed but maybe, another machine..

The workers depends on you.. 3-5 is okay with you supervising the job..
Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by Untrollable: 9:32pm On Dec 19, 2014
2kris:
nice idea,but guy wen giving advice lik this u have to consider.....closeness to water.....nearness to the market......market demand.if they community he or she is staying is interested in fish,contacts.finaly God help

You raised some good points there but catfish is the highest demand of fish breeds in most parts of Nigeria. It's used to make the popular "pepper soup" most people crave about and bars usually place orders on it.
As for closeness to water, it doesn't have to be so because you can construct a fish pond to rear the fishes.
Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by aventura: 10:08pm On Dec 19, 2014
@ op 500 birds x 2 eggs a day equals 1000 eggs. 1000 x 20 naira wholesale price equals 2o,ooo daily i.e 600k monthly. think about it

2 Likes

Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by 360command: 10:26pm On Dec 19, 2014
potoki:
Wit 600k u can get ur personal 4acres of land cheaply n go into plantain plantation. It is a money spinning business. If u'r interested u can call (08034209734) n I'll give u d breakdown analysis of everything.
is something wrong given the breakdown n analysis here or you want to ask for recharge card.
Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by coolar: 11:11pm On Dec 19, 2014
VenusBetty:
Snail farming, snail is very expensive in the market now adays

Are you into heliculture?

I just followed you on nairaland, can you share more details pls?
Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by Angelstartups(f): 12:58am On Dec 20, 2014
Hello.

Visit www.angelstartups.com.ng and sign up as an Investor under Agriculture.

Cheers.
Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by AreaFada2: 1:57am On Dec 20, 2014
Nice thread
Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by ikanason(m): 7:21am On Dec 20, 2014
Sleekyshuga:
Most welcome.. I'll do just that..

But u refuse to do the same for me, is it fair?
Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by jam04(m): 9:02am On Dec 20, 2014
Invest in cat fish farming..although with your 1million, you do be starting small since you do not have facilities yet. If you can be patient,study, study terrain and be disciplined, your 1 million will double in no time.

I started with something close to that amount( I already had a land) in 2010 with just 1 pond and I have grew in several folds to over 10 natural ponds.
Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by xceedxcell(m): 9:39am On Dec 20, 2014
Yea sure!!! Hit me on xceed.xcell@yahoo.com...@ moderator, I am around UI area in ibadan and am a fish farmer

Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by femu(m): 11:14am On Dec 20, 2014
If you have land already pig farming is the best venture
Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by world1(m): 11:59am On Dec 20, 2014
N1 million is not much it can only do 3000 giant hyprid plantain then try to intercrop it with cucumber, you start making you money back after 49 days and you can turn your 1m to 4.7 in 18 months.

2 Likes

Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by world1(m): 12:30pm On Dec 20, 2014
Plantain is highly lucrative. After planting if you can raise more money you can add value to it buy doing plantain flour our chips.

Agriculture =suffering
Agriculture +Business =Agribusiness = Wealth
So think and act big.
You can join us at YABDI where young people do greater things
YABDI .......get involved
www.yabdi.org

Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by dawealthiestman(m): 12:31pm On Dec 20, 2014
rear lion
Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by Osas001: 12:39pm On Dec 20, 2014
Yommykixz:
Good day my good people!

i seek your assistance in my decision making, what can one possibly do with 1 million naira in Agriculture?

an investment that'll bring a reasonable return in short or long term.

please i want practicable and realistic advises, biko ino won enter 1 chance o.

Visit Clevenard Global International.
Www.Clevenard.com
Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by world1(m): 1:06pm On Dec 20, 2014
If you want to learn and get you hands dirty like me then register for our next pratical training coming up on the 31st of January at abeokuta ogun state.
You will learn how to plant cucumber, plantain and tomatoes for just 5k only.
Register now at www.yabdi.org call me

Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by SenatorJames(m): 2:45pm On Dec 20, 2014
babate3e:
rear snakes
...and be exporting it to France? Okay, he don hear.
Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by nd07(m): 3:03pm On Dec 20, 2014
Cryxtal:
For me, cash crops are very profitable. Cocoa, when done as extensive farming, will involve exportations. U could try rubber too, though nt exactly easy. Palms are also very good, especially if u intend to have mini-factories for conversions into semi-finished n finished products. Every part of a palm tree is useful from roots to leaves. A palm tree has so much to offer u. Generally speaking, The best investments, are those made in clothing, food n shelter. They are the 3 basic necessities of life n are always in high demand

What of IT, Automobile, Health, Even entertainment is a investment this days & there are a lot more.
Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by chubbypearl(f): 3:46pm On Dec 20, 2014
Yommykixz:

thank you very much this is very helpful. i think i like fish farming but do you think its advisable to sink the whole money in it?

and also the feedmill will cost more than a million, dont you think?
I did my IT in an agro feedmill.think about the machines,maintainance of the machines,the workers salaries etc.its a good business but i dont think a millon will cut it
Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by SenatorJames(m): 4:10pm On Dec 20, 2014
Yommykixz:
Good day my good people!

i seek your assistance in my decision making, what can one possibly do with 1 million naira in Agriculture?

an investment that'll bring a reasonable return in short or long term.

please i want practicable and realistic advises, biko ino won enter 1 chance o.
As a graduate in the field of Agriculture, Agribusiness inclined at Masters level, I will like to ask why you chose agricultural sector? do you just like agric, or from information gotten, also i will like to know your prior knowledge about agriculture.

My advice are:
-You should be discipline financially in any area you invest in.
-Be committed and devoted to succeed.
-Beware of scammers.
-Have a good record in any business you do.
-Go for training.

1 Like

Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by Nobody: 5:57pm On Dec 20, 2014
world1:
N1 million is not much it can only do 3000 giant hyprid plantain then try to intercrop it with cucumber, you start making you money back after 49 days and you can turn your 1m to 4.7 in 18 months.

world 1 is only out to sell his suckers . Do ur due diligence. U are not making any money after 49 days rather, u start spending on manure , weeding and irrigation. World 1 , stop mis informing ppl for your personal gain.

2 Likes

Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by princemolak(m): 6:44pm On Dec 20, 2014
mercylicious:

world 1 is only out to sell his suckers . Do ur due diligence. U are not making any money after 49 days rather, u start spending on manure , weeding and irrigation. World 1 , stop mis informing ppl for your personal gain.
Sintl,i fink World1 meant he will b gettin profit frm cucumber after 49days nt frm plantain

1 Like

Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by Nobody: 10:31pm On Dec 20, 2014
princemolak:

Sintl,i fink World1 meant he will b gettin profit frm cucumber after 49days nt frm plantain
is world 1 turning 1m to 4.7m in 18months and he is still out there looking for newbies to collect 5k from for seminar and also sell his suckers? he shld be d one making the money .
King maker ko, palace guard ni.
I will teach him how not to insult me in nairaland, i have nothing to lose .
Let him tell the ppl d truth and not bring them out and start milking them cos at dt point, no going back, while money from his sales is in his pocket.

princemolak, i know u have not seen sitl like this, but since he had my time as to bring my old thread on monkeys, we will all hunt together.

No more advert for him. He shld pay seun for any further advert. i know how to squeeze water from cloth wey dem put for water. So far, am just considering other sellers dt are wise or else.
palace guard.

1 Like

Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by dav8id(m): 11:33pm On Dec 20, 2014
Denn:

First, invest the money in a good savings account in a bank, possibly fixed deposit for a month

Then get online... Read.... You need to spend hundreds of hours reading about what people have done in the past... Of note is this agric section of NL. Read iita articles etc.

Then get closer to existing farmers.... They are plenty on NL. There are a lot here offering free and immense education on how it is being done

Then go to organizations like Songhai.... Dig in with your fingers...

Then come back to your fixed deposit and apply.... By then you will know what to do.

Any other approach, and that million is gone... Then you still need to do what I listed...

WELL SAID

1 Like

Re: What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? by X2X(m): 12:07am On Dec 21, 2014
mercylicious:

is world1 turning 1m to 4.7m in 18months and he is still out there looking for newbies to collect 5k from for seminar and also sell his suckers? he shld be d one making the money .

Thank you o jare my sister. People just making deceitful claims here and there. . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Earthen Pond Construction. (fish Pond) Pics. / Where To Get Cheap Palm Oil / Practical Farmers Pls Share Ur Bitter Experience, Let Learn From Your Mistakes.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.