Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,319 members, 7,780,787 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:11 PM

RACE TO 2015: Why I Chose Prof. Osinbajo As My Running Mate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / RACE TO 2015: Why I Chose Prof. Osinbajo As My Running Mate (1297 Views)

Photo Of VP Osinbajo As A Pupil Of Corona School / Photos Of President Buhari,Osinbajo As they Resume In Their Offices / RCCG Did Not Endorse Osinbajo As Buhari’s Running Mate – Pastor Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

RACE TO 2015: Why I Chose Prof. Osinbajo As My Running Mate by Caseless: 10:04am On Dec 19, 2014
RACE TO 2015: Why I chose Prof. Osinbajo as my running mate – Buhari RACE TO 2015: Why I chose Prof. Osinbajo as my running mate – BuhariBy TODAY on December 18, 2014 @ 1:06 am@todayngr TweetPin It The presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (rtd), on Wednesday said his running mate, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, emerged through a meticulous process. According to him, the major reason he chose Osinbajo was becasue of his ‘unimpeccable integrity,’ adding that together with him, they’ll rescue Nigeria. Buhari stated this while presenting Osinbajo to Nigerians at the National Secretariat of the party in Abuja. He added that his running mate is a “friend of the masses.’’ “The challenging process of rescuing our country and changing Nigeria for good has commenced. One of the first decisions that I have to make is the choice of the vice-presidential candidate and my running mate. “The method employed in this choice was quite meticulous but yet rigorous. It involved the establishment of objective criteria, broad consultations with party leaders and a few opinion leaders outside the party and interactions with a number of nominees,” Buhari said. “To assist me in this great task of securing Nigeria’s future, I have chosen a man of unimpeachable integrity, an excellent professional, a man of faith, a devoted family man and a role model to our fellow countrymen and women. He is a professor of law and a Senior Advocate of Nigeria. “An alumnus of the University of Lagos and the London School of Economics. He is a prodigious author who has to his credit several books on civil procedure in Nigerian superior courts. “The vice-presidential candidate is a friend of the less privileged, compassionate and zealous in service. A man of uncommon humility, a loyal, dependable and selfless patriot. “Ladies and Gentlemen, I present Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, who by the grace of God and the vote of Nigerians will be the next Vice-President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria,” Buhari added. Buhari also thanked Nigerians for their goodwill messages since he emerged the party’s presidential candidate, saying, “I wish to thank all Nigerians and friends of Nigeria who have continued to send messages of goodwill and congratulations to me and the party since my election as the presidential flag bearer of the All Progressives Congress (APC). “The huge outpouring of support and acceptance has been a great encouragement to me and hardened my resolve to lead the process of rebuilding a New Nigeria and securing our future. “In my acceptance speech, I pledged to run an efficient government, fight corruption and indiscipline in our national life. I promised to end the current regime of fear and uncertainty in our country and place priority on national security. “I also pledged to rebuild our battered economy and reduce poverty by deliberate policies to create jobs.
Read full story here: http://www.today.ng/politics/race-to-2015-why-i-chose-prof-osinbajo-as-my-running-mate-buhari/
Re: RACE TO 2015: Why I Chose Prof. Osinbajo As My Running Mate by Caseless: 10:12am On Dec 19, 2014
all hail the president-in-waiting!
Re: RACE TO 2015: Why I Chose Prof. Osinbajo As My Running Mate by donphilopus: 10:31am On Dec 19, 2014
Caseless:
all hail the president-in-waiting!

I'm just too happy over the emergence of Osinbajo. It's high time we said NO to a clueless, inactive and ceremonial VP whose official duty is performed by a semi-literate called 'First Lady'.
Re: RACE TO 2015: Why I Chose Prof. Osinbajo As My Running Mate by Nobody: 10:33am On Dec 19, 2014
Did he choose that Manlet?

Wasn't that decision concessioned to the APC SW?

This ab0ki no sabi lie at all.

1 Like

Re: RACE TO 2015: Why I Chose Prof. Osinbajo As My Running Mate by Caseless: 10:38am On Dec 19, 2014
donphilopus:

I'm just too happy over the emergence of Osinbajo. It's high time we said NO to a clueless, inactive and ceremonial VP whose official duty is performed by a semi-literate called 'First Lady'.
i'm happy too. You know God has a way of doing things- those ways that are are beyond our knowledge. no one saw osinbajo coming, but here we're with him. He's so clean that the pdp has nothing bad to tag on him. I was for amaechi, but his emergence is coming to me as the right choice already.
Re: RACE TO 2015: Why I Chose Prof. Osinbajo As My Running Mate by Nobody: 10:39am On Dec 19, 2014
Caseless:
i'm happy too. You know God has a way of doing things- those ways that are are beyond our knowledge. no one saw osinbajo coming, but here we're with him. He's so clean that the pdp has nothing bad to tag on him. I was for amaechi, but his emergence is coming to me as the right choice already.

Mumu.
Re: RACE TO 2015: Why I Chose Prof. Osinbajo As My Running Mate by donphilopus: 10:42am On Dec 19, 2014
Caseless:

PDPians are presently bereft of propagandas against Osinbajo. They were already set to finish Tinubu, Fashola, Amaechi or Oshiomole, but they were really disappointed!
Re: RACE TO 2015: Why I Chose Prof. Osinbajo As My Running Mate by jamace(m): 10:43am On Dec 19, 2014
PappyMason:
Did he choose that Manlet?

Wasn't that decision concessioned to the APC SW?

This ab0ki no sabi lie at all.

Buhari was helpless in the selection of his VP. Left to Buhari, Osibanjo is a big no. And herein lies the beginning of the end of APC.
Re: RACE TO 2015: Why I Chose Prof. Osinbajo As My Running Mate by jamace(m): 10:44am On Dec 19, 2014
donphilopus:

PDPians are presently bereft of propagandas against Osinbajo. They were already set to finish Tinubu, Fashola, Amaechi or Oshiomole, but they were really disappointed!
Osibanjo is a big minus already for APC , so why waste bullets on a dead enemy.
Re: RACE TO 2015: Why I Chose Prof. Osinbajo As My Running Mate by donphilopus: 10:47am On Dec 19, 2014
jamace:

Keep consoling yourself. I'd advise you to visit thenation and see for yourself. Your Leaders are panicking, while you're here consoling yourself.
Re: RACE TO 2015: Why I Chose Prof. Osinbajo As My Running Mate by Caseless: 10:49am On Dec 19, 2014
jamace:
Buhari was helpless in the selection of his VP. Left to Buhari, Osibanjo is a big no. And herein lies the beginning of the end of APC.
it is none of ur business who buhari picks. the rule says ; if you dont get what you like, you end up liking what you got.

all we know now is that buhari picked osinbajo as his running mate, and not his party.
Re: RACE TO 2015: Why I Chose Prof. Osinbajo As My Running Mate by dre11(m): 10:49am On Dec 19, 2014
The two will work together since they are of like minds with integrity.

Although he isn't popular, but still a better choice
Re: RACE TO 2015: Why I Chose Prof. Osinbajo As My Running Mate by Caseless: 11:04am On Dec 19, 2014
donphilopus:

we beat them to it; we literally took the game to them. pdp will forever remember Tinubu as the only individual that rattled them and caused 'political tectonism' in their fold after 16 years of their un-challenged might.
Re: RACE TO 2015: Why I Chose Prof. Osinbajo As My Running Mate by Caseless: 11:05am On Dec 19, 2014
jamace:
sms!
Re: RACE TO 2015: Why I Chose Prof. Osinbajo As My Running Mate by donphilopus: 11:11am On Dec 19, 2014
Caseless:
we beat them to it; we literally took the game to them. pdp will forever remember Tinubu as the only individual that rattled them and caused 'political tectonism' in their fold after 16 years of their un-challenged might.

The thought they would rule us for 50yrs. We've unanimously said NO to them.
Re: RACE TO 2015: Why I Chose Prof. Osinbajo As My Running Mate by Caseless: 11:13am On Dec 19, 2014
dre11:

being a running mate to a presidential candiddate of the biggest opposition party in africa has made him a popular man already .
Re: RACE TO 2015: Why I Chose Prof. Osinbajo As My Running Mate by Caseless: 11:16am On Dec 19, 2014
donphilopus:

The thought they would rule us for 50yrs. We've unanimously said NO to them.
dont mind those old hacks. they should prepare to go to prison after buhari emerge next year.

1 Like

Re: RACE TO 2015: Why I Chose Prof. Osinbajo As My Running Mate by donphilopus: 11:19am On Dec 19, 2014
Caseless:
dont mind those old hacks. they should prepare to go to prison after buhari emerge next year.

In sha Allah.
Re: RACE TO 2015: Why I Chose Prof. Osinbajo As My Running Mate by Caseless: 11:21am On Dec 19, 2014
PappyMason:

Mumu.
duck!
Re: RACE TO 2015: Why I Chose Prof. Osinbajo As My Running Mate by Caseless: 11:25am On Dec 19, 2014
donphilopus:

In sha Allah.
let's remain steadfast.
Re: RACE TO 2015: Why I Chose Prof. Osinbajo As My Running Mate by mazzi: 11:36am On Dec 19, 2014
U mean why tinubu chose oshi plus njo for u?haba,we know na.
Re: RACE TO 2015: Why I Chose Prof. Osinbajo As My Running Mate by orimsamsam(m): 11:44am On Dec 19, 2014
Who sed oshibanjo is nt popular. His popularity is increasing more dan the deft v.p we have.
Re: RACE TO 2015: Why I Chose Prof. Osinbajo As My Running Mate by Purity1(f): 11:55am On Dec 19, 2014
dre11:

You think so
Re: RACE TO 2015: Why I Chose Prof. Osinbajo As My Running Mate by Purity1(f): 11:55am On Dec 19, 2014
dre11:

You think so?
Re: RACE TO 2015: Why I Chose Prof. Osinbajo As My Running Mate by dre11(m): 12:29pm On Dec 19, 2014
Purity1:
You think so?

Yes ooogrin

(1) (Reply)

Has Gej's Lagos Campaign Been Cancelled? / A Buhari Presidency Would Ridicule Nigeria –duke / We Have Failed Nigeria – President Jonathan <premium times>

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.