Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,766 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:06 PM

One Thousand Naira (N1,000) = $5! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / One Thousand Naira (N1,000) = $5! (5425 Views)

Over One Thousand Shiites Reportedly Killed by Army in Zaria- Human Rights / Interior Ministry Denies Charging N1,000 For Immigration Service Recruitment / N2.1Billion Of N1,000 Notes Missing At NSPMC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

One Thousand Naira (N1,000) = $5! by Nobody: 10:23am On Dec 19, 2014
forget the rising dollar to naira rate but what about the reverse? the naira is a worthless piece of paper.

Just imagine N1, 000 = just $5?

Let Boot our the government of errors.

Say no to PDP 2015!

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Thousand Naira (N1,000) = $5! by Nobody: 10:26am On Dec 19, 2014
diluminati:
forget the rising dollar to naira rate but what about the reverse? the naira is a worthless piece of paper.

Say no to PDP 2015!

have you craze angry

12 Likes

Re: One Thousand Naira (N1,000) = $5! by ZKOSOSO(m): 10:35am On Dec 19, 2014
GMB is damn too illiterate to handle economics of polity.
GMB pls go to school.
Go get OND or Degree first before I take u serious!! This is not arab nation pls!

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Thousand Naira (N1,000) = $5! by Nobody: 12:13pm On Dec 19, 2014
grin this actually happened under Jonathan's watch, we don die!

1 Like

Re: One Thousand Naira (N1,000) = $5! by ducii: 12:17pm On Dec 19, 2014
diluminati:

Say no to PDP 2015!

Don't make it a Jonathan thing. it is a problem with most emerging economies. Nigeria has even done a better job in managing our currency.

If you look at some country's currency you will marvel

8 Likes

Re: One Thousand Naira (N1,000) = $5! by Etetejake(m): 2:17pm On Dec 19, 2014
lilmaxfidel:

have you craze angry
Another man smoke him dey raze and para
Re: One Thousand Naira (N1,000) = $5! by Nobody: 2:46pm On Dec 19, 2014
ZKOSOSO:
GMB pls go to school.
Go get OND or Degree first before I take you serious!! This is not arab nation pls!
How shallow can you go? Buhari is illiterate yet he was trained in Military Schools home and Abroad. Buhari is too illiterate yet he reduced inflation rate from 27% to 5% within 20 months. He was pragmatic with sound economic policy, yet he had no degree. Your Havard trained Iwaela with PHD and the equally PHD holding President are dummies when placed side-by-side with Muhammadu Buhari.

PS: Brazillian immediate Past President Da Silva had NO tertiary education but he lifted so many poor Brazillians to middle class through his economic policies. Something the incumbent couldn't sustain despite her bogus certificates.

16 Likes

Re: One Thousand Naira (N1,000) = $5! by ducii: 2:51pm On Dec 19, 2014
barcanista:
How shallow can you go? Buhari is illiterate yet he was trained in Military Schools home and Abroad. Buhari is too illiterate yet he reduced inflation rate from 27% to 5% within 20 months. He was pragmatic with sound economic policy, yet he had no degree. Your Havard trained Iwaela with PHD and the equally PHD holding President are dummies when placed side-by-side with Muhammadu Buhari.

PS: Brazillian immediate Past President Da Silva had NO tertiary education but he lifted so many poor Brazillians to middle class through his economic policies. Something the incumbent couldn't sustain despite her bogus certificates.

Da Silva was a sham, he created the biggest welfare state in Brazil, something that is not sustainable, just like what the labour party did in the UK, before the Conservatives took over power.

5 Likes

Re: One Thousand Naira (N1,000) = $5! by nduchucks: 2:53pm On Dec 19, 2014
ducii:

Don't make it a Jonathan thing. it is a problem with most emerging economies. Nigeria has even done a better job in managing our currency.

Nonesense!!!!

The Central bank has been supporting the naira with N40 - N45billion in reserves, for the past 15 or so years. The naira was devaluated because the reserves fell to N35 - N38billion.

If the clueless one had not Presided over a thieving administration including his NNPC stooges who still cannot find $10.8billion if we are to believe Iweala instead of Sanusi's $20billion, we would have had well over $70billion in reserves - enough to support the naira and help position us for greatness.

Feb. 2015 cannot arrive too soon.

10 Likes

Re: One Thousand Naira (N1,000) = $5! by Olaolufred(m): 2:54pm On Dec 19, 2014
ZKOSOSO:
GMB pls go to school.
Go get OND or Degree first before I take u serious!! This is not arab nation pls!

SO YOU ARE NOT TOLD THAT NDA IS A DEGREE AWARDING INSTITUTION?

10 Likes

Re: One Thousand Naira (N1,000) = $5! by stevecantrell: 3:04pm On Dec 19, 2014
nduchucks:

Nonesense!!!!

The Central bank has been supporting the naira with N40 - N45billion in reserves, for the past 15 or so years. The naira was devaluated because the reserves fell to N35 - N38billion.

If the clueless one had not Presided over a thieving administration including his NNPC stooges who still cannot find $10.8billion if we are to believe Iweala instead of Sanusi's $20billion, we would have had well over $70billion in reserves - enough to support the naira and help position us for greatness.

That's the plain truth.

2 Likes

Re: One Thousand Naira (N1,000) = $5! by ducii: 3:06pm On Dec 19, 2014
nduchucks:

Nonesense!!!!

Feb. 2015 cannot arrive too soon.

First of all, if they find that $10.8billion it will not go the reserves, it will be used for capital expenditure, Nigeria has a $100billion capital expenditure shortfall. I don't know where you are getting $70billion dollars from.

What I am saying is that Nigeria is not peculiar with what is happening with the Naira. Most Emerging countries have that issue, hence the coined the phrase the Fragile 5 currencies.

Take a look at the M.I.N.T countries, and see how their currency is faring.

6 Likes

Re: One Thousand Naira (N1,000) = $5! by Nobody: 3:07pm On Dec 19, 2014
ducii:

Da Silva was a sham, he created the biggest welfare state in Brazil, something that is not sustainable, just like what the labour party did in the UK, before the Conservatives took over power.
Welfarism is sustainable, It all depends on the economic plan of the incumbent. He was never a sham
Re: One Thousand Naira (N1,000) = $5! by humblesteve(m): 3:11pm On Dec 19, 2014
diluminati:

Say no to PDP 2015!
and what has these got to do with political party. Anyway that's ur opinion but is pointless.
Re: One Thousand Naira (N1,000) = $5! by nduchucks: 3:13pm On Dec 19, 2014
ducii:

Take a look at the M.I.N.T countries, and see how their currency is faring.

To be frank with you, I don't give rat's asse about how the currency of the M.I.N.T countries is faring. What is glaring is that, the Naira could have survived this period of falling oil prices, if the clueless one and his thieving apostles were not at the helms of power.

I'm afraid your excuse itself is inexcusable.

4 Likes

Re: One Thousand Naira (N1,000) = $5! by ducii: 3:14pm On Dec 19, 2014
barcanista:
Welfarism is sustainable, It all depends on the economic plan of the incumbent. He was never a sham

I beg to differ, China has proven that a country can do without Welfare, and still be very successful. What a welfare system does, is it makes people less ambitious and lazy.

4 Likes

Re: One Thousand Naira (N1,000) = $5! by ducii: 3:15pm On Dec 19, 2014
nduchucks:

To be frank with you, I don't give rat's arse about how the currency of the M.I.N.T countries is faring. What is glaring is that, the Naira could have survived this period of falling oil prices, if the clueless one and his thieving apostles were not at the helms of power.

I'm afraid your excuse itself is inexcusable.

No qualms we agree to disagree

4 Likes

Re: One Thousand Naira (N1,000) = $5! by Nobody: 3:22pm On Dec 19, 2014
ducii:

I beg to differ, China has proven that a country can do without Welfare, and still be very successful. What a welfare system does, is it makes people less ambitious and lazy.
You obviously are reading from a wrong source. Economically brazil was noweher before Silva but ""Under Lula, Brazil became the world's eighth-largest economy, more than 20 million people rose out of acute poverty and Rio de Janeiro was awarded the 2016 Summer Olympics, the first time the Games will be held in South America."

— The Washington Post, October 2010

If you know How Brazil economy was pre-Silva era and post Silva era, you will give the man a standing Ovation. Even Brazillians regard him as the Best ever, his achivement shamefully could not be sustained by Incumbent Dilma Rousseff. His administration created jobs, cut xcess waste and stabilise the system before leaving office. Bros, try read the economy of Brazil abeg.

BTW: Do you know that just like Muhammadu Buhari, Lula Da Silva contested for the Presidency and failed 3 consecutive times? And Like Silva, Muhammadu Buhari will win this time(His fourth attempt) and will make the Best ever leader globally

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Thousand Naira (N1,000) = $5! by ducii: 3:41pm On Dec 19, 2014
barcanista:
You obviously are reading from a wrong source. Economically brazil was noweher before Silva but ""Under Lula, Brazil became the world's eighth-largest economy, more than 20 million people rose out of acute poverty and Rio de Janeiro was awarded the 2016 Summer Olympics, the first time the Games will be held in South America."

— The Washington Post, October 2010

If you know How Brazil economy was pre-Silva era and post Silva era, you will give the man a standing Ovation. Even Brazillians regard him as the Best ever, his achivement shamefully could not be sustained by Incumbent Dilma Rousseff. His administration created jobs, cut xcess waste and stabilise the system before leaving office. Bros, try read the economy of Brazil abeg.

BTW: Do you know that just like Muhammadu Buhari, Lula Da Silva contested for the Presidency and failed 3 consecutive times? And Like Silva, Muhammadu Buhari will win this time(His fourth attempt) and will make the Best ever leader globally

I am not a Politician, but I think Buhari has been President before, so he might be different from Da Silva in that aspect.

About Brazil what i am saying is that Da Silva introduced a lot of welfare programmes that were not sustainable, because Brazil's Economy boomed the welfare programmes he created were paid for, but as soon as the credit crunch hit most of the programmes Brazil could not afford anymore.
China did a better job in taking people out of poverty than Brazil did.

2 Likes

Re: One Thousand Naira (N1,000) = $5! by Nobody: 3:54pm On Dec 19, 2014
ducii:

I am not a Politician, but I think Buhari has been President before, so he might be different from Da Silva in that aspect.

About Brazil what i am saying is that Da Silva introduced a lot of welfare programmes that were not sustainable, because Brazil's Economy boomed the welfare programmes he created were paid for, but as soon as the credit crunch hit most of the programmes Brazil could not afford anymore.
China did a better job in taking people out of poverty than Brazil did.
Buhari have never been President before but Military Head of State. The slight fall of Brazil economy (which isn't that bad) should be blamed on the incumbent President and not the ex. Silva did what he could to take millions of Brazillians off poverty to middle class and they had booming economy all through his stay (not the paper economy of Iwaela). The incumbent couldn't sustain it as much as Silva did and economic programmes is not a straight-one-way ticket, it needs continuous evaluation, re-evaluation, modification of existing policies to flow with trends. Again, brazillians are better off today thanks to Lula Da Silva.
Re: One Thousand Naira (N1,000) = $5! by macklef(m): 3:59pm On Dec 19, 2014
ducii:

Example pls?

2 Likes

Re: One Thousand Naira (N1,000) = $5! by ducii: 4:03pm On Dec 19, 2014
barcanista:
Buhari have never been President before but Military Head of State. The slight fall of Brazil economy (which isn't that bad) should be blamed on the incumbent President and not the ex. Silva did what he could to take millions of Brazillians off poverty to middle class and they had booming economy all through his stay (not the paper economy of Iwaela). The incumbent couldn't sustain it as much as Silva did and economic programmes is not a straight-one-way ticket, it needs continuous evaluation, re-evaluation, modification of existing policies to flow with trends. Again, brazillians are better off today thanks to Lula Da Silva.

They might be better of, but they are incurring huge debts as they are going along, and their Economy is not growing on the other hand, I think they are going to grow by less than 1% this year, why do you think Brazilians have been protesting and burning properties, because the present President wants to reduce governments spending on welfare which is not sustainable. The developed countries can muster this welfare programmes, because they borrow at 0% and can borrow in the time of a downturn to pay for these programmes, but for emerging economies welfare kills the economy, Brazil that was thriving is now stocked and practically can't grow anymore.
Re: One Thousand Naira (N1,000) = $5! by Nobody: 4:03pm On Dec 19, 2014
Apcist are illiterates, go and see why Russian currency is also collapsing. Smh

2 Likes

Re: One Thousand Naira (N1,000) = $5! by macklef(m): 4:04pm On Dec 19, 2014
Wetin dey tire me for this kind topic is that some political dogs will start pointing hands at GeJ or buhari or

Whoever is on or has or will be on that seat.

Abeg make objective sense for once. Analyse economic matters economically even tho we know politics

Is one of our economic drawbacks, it actually on the other hand isnt the only.

Its those who have been entrusted with economic management one should point fingers at. Bloody olodos.

1 Like

Re: One Thousand Naira (N1,000) = $5! by kolaaderin: 4:05pm On Dec 19, 2014
ZKOSOSO:
GMB pls go to school.

Product of failed education. Dont u know NDA is a degree awarding Institution only that they are tailored to the field of national defense,
my friend get a refund of fees from where ever u have ur certificates, they have done more harm to ur faculty.
Re: One Thousand Naira (N1,000) = $5! by Nobody: 4:06pm On Dec 19, 2014
macklef:
Wetin dey tire me for this kind topic is that some political dogs will start pointing hands at GeJ or buhari or

Whoever is on or has or will be on that seat.

Abeg make objective sense for once. Analyse economic matters economically even tho we know politics

Is one of our economic drawbacks, it actually on the other hand isnt the only.

Its those who have been entrusted with economic management one should point fingers at. Bloody olodos.
the op is the no1 illiterate.

1 Like

Re: One Thousand Naira (N1,000) = $5! by ducii: 4:06pm On Dec 19, 2014
macklef:

Example pls?

Look at the Indonesian Rupiah, the Indian Rupees, the South African rand, the mexican peso, the Russian ruble(although their's are also affected by the sanctions), and also the Argentine Peso, most of these countries are affected by what is happening globally in the US and the EU.
Re: One Thousand Naira (N1,000) = $5! by Nobody: 4:08pm On Dec 19, 2014
ducii:

They might be better of, but they are incurring huge debts as they are going along, and their Economy is not growing on the other hand, I think they are going to grow by less than 1% this year, why do you think Brazilians have been protesting and burning properties, because the present President wants to reduce governments spending on welfare which is not sustainable. The developed countries can muster this welfare programmes, because they borrow at 0% and can borrow in the time of a downturn to pay for these programmes, but for emerging economies welfare kills the economy, Brazil that was thriving is now stocked and practically can't grow anymore.
The Economic program of Silva is never the problem, that of Dilma is the problem. Just as how Nigerians protested after IBB had accepted the SAP which Muhammadu Buhari firmly rejected. A government will always bring excuse for everything. Jonathan cut subsidy yet no significant change. The Problem is the policy of the incumbent and not the predecessor

1 Like

Re: One Thousand Naira (N1,000) = $5! by Nobody: 4:10pm On Dec 19, 2014
kolaaderin:

Product of failed education. Dont u know NDA is a degree awarding Institution only that they are tailored to the field of national defense,
my friend get a refund of fees from where ever u have ur certificates, they have done more harm to ur faculty.
`NDA is an Islamic school
Re: One Thousand Naira (N1,000) = $5! by Nobody: 4:16pm On Dec 19, 2014
barcanista:
tell me something undecided
Re: One Thousand Naira (N1,000) = $5! by kolaaderin: 4:18pm On Dec 19, 2014
barcanista:
grin grin grin
Re: One Thousand Naira (N1,000) = $5! by Nobody: 4:19pm On Dec 19, 2014
customized13:
tell me something undecided
something

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Newsflash!!! Sharing Of Apc Posters In Rccg Church - Photos / Hilarious Photo. When they Saw Buhari Embarking On Another Foreign Trip / Nnamdi Kanu: Reps Finally Breaks Silence (see What They Ordered Against DSS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.