Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,870 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:17 AM

Halt The Genocidal Elimination Of Nigeriansoldiers - Femi Falana - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Halt The Genocidal Elimination Of Nigeriansoldiers - Femi Falana (2664 Views)

$3.5 Billion Loan: Femi Falana Threatens To Sue FG / Why Femi Falana Was Not Made A Minister - Sahara Reporters / Halt The Genocidal Elimination Of Nigerian Soldiers - Femi Falana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Halt The Genocidal Elimination Of Nigeriansoldiers - Femi Falana by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 1:08am On Dec 20, 2014
[b]"Why We Could Not Defeat Boko Haram"- Army Commander Writes A Powerful Letter To President Jonathan
In a desperate letter to President Goodluck Jonathan and Senate President David Mark leaked to SaharaReporters this past weekend, a commanding officer stationed in Nigeria's northeast details several troubling issues plaguing troops combatting terror group Boko Haram in the region.

Below is the full text of the officer's letter addressed to President Goodluck Jonathan

PLEASE MR PRESIDENT SAVE THE MILITARY AND NIGERIA FROM COLLAPSING

1.    Sir, I am constrain to write you this letter which I consider it a matter of more than great importance for me to inform you and put to record issues that are happening in the North East (Operation Zaman Lafiya). I choose this medium to write you this open letter because I have written similar letter but no action was taking which I believe some forces have blocked it are now after my life.   in the field. My combined wealth of experience as a staff officer and now commanding officer are the disturbing fact that necessitated me to write you this letter. While as a staff officer, I was among those who believed that the commanders in the field are not doing well. But presently, as a commander in the field, I found out that it is not the fault of any commander that the defeat of the so called BOKO HARAM (BH) has not been achieved.

2.    First and foremost sir, the Nigerian Army is poorly equipped in the North East, if all the battalions are well-equipped as required; it will not take the Army more than two weeks to flush out the BH. Presently there are four units in my location here in KONDUGA including 21 Armoured Brigade HQ. If all the units are provided with all their requirements, we can advance and flush out BH out of North East. Mr. President sir, the Nigerian Army is well-trained and capable of defending our nation. It has demonstrated the capacity to even successfully enforce peace in other nations. Why not in our own country Nigeria?

3.    The fact about NE operation is that we are poorly equipped, understaffed, high corruption from Army Headquarters down to battalion level. Commanders see it as opportunity to make money. My predecessor has complained of the same problem. Instead of ASA addressing the issue raised by him, the army authorities decided to Court Martialled him. All the units in NE are understaffed, but on payroll their strength are complete just to collect more allowances than what each unit is supposed to. The commanders see it as a personal money making venture rather than taking care of men and equipment. This ugly trend led to loss of many officers and soldiers and thereby having adverse effect on the moral (sic) of troops. Majority of soldiers in the operation area wear mufti (civil cloths) under their military uniforms in case there is an attack and the troops cannot withstand the BH, they found it easy to disguise as civilians to enable them escape. This is not the traditional practice in the NA. Though it is lack of adequate equipment and poor administration from the higher authority that resulted to this ugly trend by our troops

4.    Sir, another bad and unprofessional act is that soldiers don’t take to orders from their superior officers because they have lost confidence/trust from them. The case of former General Officer Commanding 7 Division Major General A. Mohammed is enough evidence to show that all is not well in the Nigerian Army. It will interest you to note that worse cases has been recorded before that of the former GOC and more are still happening, but nobody is ready to investigate the root cause of problems facing the troops in the field.

5.    This brings me to a recent occurrence which is my main purpose of writing this letter. As I mentioned earlier, due to the failure of the authority to address issues that I made mentioned, when a unit is attacked and overran by the BH not because the soldiers are unable to fight, but lack of weapons, ammunitions and communications equipment, the soldiers on many occasions will ran away, and a commander cannot stand and fight alone as a result of this. Presently seventy percent of commanders in the NE are facing Court Martial due to the reasons mentioned. We the commanding officers are very worried over this development. This is because we many soon find our self as victims of this maladministration from our higher authorities.

6.    There is no sincerity in this operation; this is because the present acting GOC has never visited any location outside Maiduguri town not to talk of principal staff officers in Army Headquarters or even the COAS. But we keep on hearing all sorts of lies that Generals are leading the fight against BH. These are facts that can be confirmed from officers and soldiers in this operation including those in the 7 Division Headquarters. The GOC is so afraid that even with the Divisional Headquarters; he doesn’t go out and always locked himself inside his office. Infact it is a common knowledge among officers and soldiers in this operation that the acting GOC is here to make his money and earn his promotion to the detriment of the operation. The completion of his mansion at No 8 Gwamna Road in Kaduna which the GOC ignorantly disclosed that when he completed it, will be among the best houses in Kaduna, has turned to be a subject of discussion among troops.

7.    The former 21 Armored Brigade commander is facing Court Martial today because the acting GOC does not want to see him and his garrision in Maiduguri town simply because of the huge monthly allocations from the Borno State government to the brigade garrision. He wanted to be collecting his money by using 7 Div Garrison, but in reality 7 Div Garrision does not have troops to claim such money. It is worthy to note that the GOC received 33,000litres of AGO and PMS each, 600 bags of rice monthly from Borno State government. All these items are diverted for his personal use.

8.    Recently the newly appointed 21 Brigade commander lead 3 units to flush out the BH, that operation was successful, almost 300 BH were killed, weapons and vehicles were recovered from them, in the process the troops exhausted their ammunitions from the Div, the GOC simply replied that there was no ammunition this made all the troops to withdraw back to KONDUGA.

9.    Presently more than 3000 officers and soldiers are either killed in action, deserted, captured as POW or on AWOL. But due to lack of proper administration the army directed that their salary should be stopped. This affect the families of those that are either genuinely killed in action or captured as Prisoners of War. It has also affected some of the troops that are still participating in this operation.

10.  Mr. President sir, if all issues raised in this letter are not urgently address, the Nigerian Army will soon be history and by implication there will be no country called Nigeria. No country without strong army will survive. I decided to write you this letter because the life of officers and soldiers trusted in my care are no longer save. My life is also at the stake because the NA authority as usual will say I have communicated directly to you as the Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces and may sanction me. As a citizen of this country and a commander in the operational area, with all the points I have mentioned in this letter, it is clearly that the Military authorities have failed the country, as such they should be held liable for their misdeeds. I have consulted seasonal constitutional lawyers if writing you this letter will be an offence, but they said it is my constitutional right to inform the C in C about what is happening in the NE and within the military which if not address will affect the survival of Nigeria.
http://saharareporters.com/2014/12/15/why-we-could-not-defeat-boko-haram-army-commander-writes-powerful-letter-president

I guess, this army commander does not know military laws.[/b]
Re: Halt The Genocidal Elimination Of Nigeriansoldiers - Femi Falana by Duru1(m): 1:09am On Dec 20, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
Abi, you can not read for instance. If I knew the standard amount of magazines soldiers use, will I use for instance?

I suggest you stop insinuating.
Re: Halt The Genocidal Elimination Of Nigeriansoldiers - Femi Falana by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 1:13am On Dec 20, 2014
Duru1:

I suggest you stop insinuating.
Which one is insinuating? I was trying to paint a picture of what Ill equipped means. I created an analogy. That is no insinuation.

1 Like

Re: Halt The Genocidal Elimination Of Nigeriansoldiers - Femi Falana by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 1:16am On Dec 20, 2014
Ikengawo:

So because you're losing the argument you think capital letters will convince me that Nigeria should stop enforcing it's laws? People that throw words like 'genocidal' and 'corruption' around anyhow are the ones that are killing Nigeria. They want to say Nigeria is corrupt because it doesn't favor them. So when someone loses (election, court case, business, politics) they will say it's because of corruption and not from their own lack of intelligence, ability and strength.

When someone knows they can't win they will start throwing the word genocide around to inflame the ever ready pool of sentiment that is Nigeria. We're tired of that. You can't run from your post because of your feelings. Police and custom officers at airports are armed. Even village vigilantes. Nigerians aren't stupid enough to believe soldiers on the front line aren't armed.

And again tell me what this solider and his facebook account thinks those villagers are armed with? If he's running because he has no arms he's at least lucky to have a military vehicle to run with. What do these people in the poorest part of Nigeria that were left to die have? You can tell me in lowercase or capital letters but I feel based on reading your posts the answer won't be sufficient.
I do not care about winning an argument. I care about these young lives that are about to be wasted when they were ready to serve this nation with their lives. They just wanted to be well equipped as they go into battle.

You won the argument. If that will make you feel better.

What will make me feel better is for these boys to be reinstated and allowed to do their job.

Research the Port Chicago incident. You will see it is similar and they were cleared of guilt.

2 Likes

Re: Halt The Genocidal Elimination Of Nigeriansoldiers - Femi Falana by Ikengawo: 1:16am On Dec 20, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
We are talking about the lives of our young soldiers and you are here talking APC/PDP/Tinubu.

Because if you're going to use political gimmicks created by politicians you have opened the door to political debate. APC created the 'soliders aren't armed' story. I'm not on the ground to prove if they're armed or not but neither are the liars using this myth to justify cowardice and mutiny. village gate men are armed and somehow the federal government sent soldiers to the front line without guns?

This is an image from Borno

These guns are longer than your lifespan and we have one of the only armed forces in africa with bulletproof vests and modern fatigues. We have seen images of Boko haram attacking and not all of them even have guns in their hands based on a video of an invasion they posted. Some of them have 1 arm.

This is another image from Borno. So show me where they imply to you that they're unarmed outside of political media. Our politicians, including Falana have proven themselves to be lawless people with no understanding of due process, but you're trusting them to interpret the law for you over a judge's ruling, the constitution, the military code of ethics and international military convention.
Re: Halt The Genocidal Elimination Of Nigeriansoldiers - Femi Falana by Ikengawo: 1:19am On Dec 20, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
I do not care about winning an argument. I care about these young lives that want to be wasted when they were ready to serve this nation with their lives. They just wanted to be well equipped as they go into battle.

You won the argument. If that will make you feel better.

What will make me feel better is for these boys to be reinstated and allowed to do their job.

Research the Port Chicago incident. You will see it is similar and they were cleared of guilt.

Do you care about the young lives boko haram wasted because this man ran away when he was trusted to protect them? There is no image video or presentation of any nigerian solider in borno that isn't extremely well armed and up to date. I don't need to research the Port of Chicago incident to know what my country Nigeria has established as it's own laws. I am a Nigerian, these are our laws, they will be upheld and there's no backtracking because of a facebook post of femi falana's sentimental post.
Re: Halt The Genocidal Elimination Of Nigeriansoldiers - Femi Falana by Duru1(m): 1:19am On Dec 20, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:

Which one is insinuating? I was trying to paint a picture of what I'll equipped means. I created an analogy. That is no insinuation.

I guess you should understood that any military formation, be it USA, UK or Russia, runs into logistical problem. I am not surprised that such problem is endemic with Nigeria.
Re: Halt The Genocidal Elimination Of Nigeriansoldiers - Femi Falana by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 1:21am On Dec 20, 2014
Ikengawo:

Because if you're going to use political gimmicks created by politicians you have opened the door to political debate. APC created the 'soliders aren't armed' story. I'm not on the ground to prove if they're armed or not but neither are the liars using this myth to justify cowardice and mutiny. village gate men are armed and somehow the federal government sent soldiers to the front line without guns?

This is an image from Borno

These guns are longer than your lifespan and we have one of the only armed forces in africa with bulletproof vests and modern fatigues. We have seen images of Boko haram attacking and not all of them even have guns in their hands based on a video of an invasion they posted. Some of them have 1 arm.

This is another image from Borno. So show me where they imply to you that they're unarmed outside of political media. Our politicians, including Falana have proven themselves to be lawless people with no understanding of due process, but you're trusting them to interpret the law for you over a judge's ruling, the constitution, the military code of ethics and international military convention.

You got to be kidding me. Did you not hear proper ammunition were supplied and another group went on the mission. If you photograph the second group, won't they look well equipped. Will that prove that the first group were well equipped before supply. Na wa?

1 Like

Re: Halt The Genocidal Elimination Of Nigeriansoldiers - Femi Falana by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 1:24am On Dec 20, 2014
Duru1:

I guess you should understood any military formation, be it USA, UK or Russia, runs into logistical problem. I am not surprised that such problem is endemic with Nigeria.
What should I understand? So now, you believe there could be logistical problems? However, you have no problem in the lives of these young soldiers being wasted because they lacked proper ammunition for battle.

The officers of Port Chicago refused a direct order by a superior. Another set went and did the job. After a long case, they were cleared of all guilt because of the hazardous nature of the job.
Re: Halt The Genocidal Elimination Of Nigeriansoldiers - Femi Falana by Ikengawo: 1:26am On Dec 20, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
You got to be kidding me. Did you not here proper ammunition were supplied and another group went on the mission. If you photograph the second group, won't they look well equipped. Will that prove that the first group were well equipped before supply. Na wa.

You have proven nothing. You you came in here with sentiments and political opinions and realized that others have facts laws protocol and evidence so now you want to make it an argument about pictures. Without seeing a picture you have inferred that those soldiers that ran and let a village of innocent people that trusted them be massacred and r@ped had no weapons. But I have presented pictures of what our soldiers look like in real time and somehow you found a way to call that questionable?

This discussion is over. Just have the humility to bow out when you're not going to win. We're past the era of dictatorship, sentiments and lawlessness which requires Falana you and the rest of the 'opposition' in this country to change their strategy.
Re: Halt The Genocidal Elimination Of Nigeriansoldiers - Femi Falana by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 1:26am On Dec 20, 2014
Ikengawo:

Do you care about the young lives boko haram wasted because this man ran away when he was trusted to protect them? There is no image video or presentation of any nigerian solider in borno that isn't extremely well armed and up to date. I don't need to research the Port of Chicago incident to know what my country Nigeria has established as it's own laws. I am a Nigerian, these are our laws, they will be upheld and there's no backtracking because of a facebook post of femi falana's sentimental post.
I just showed you a letter addressed to the president concerning lack of supplies and you are here trying to act like if all is well with our young soldiers in harms way.
Re: Halt The Genocidal Elimination Of Nigeriansoldiers - Femi Falana by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 1:28am On Dec 20, 2014
Ikengawo:

You have proven nothing. You you came in here with sentiments and political opinions and realized that others have facts laws protocol and evidence so now you want to make it an argument about pictures. Without seeing a picture you have inferred that those soldiers that ran and let a village of innocent people that trusted them be massacred and r@ped had no weapons. But I have presented pictures of what our soldiers look like in real time and somehow you found a way to call that questionable?

This discussion is over. Just have the humility to bow out when you're not going to win. We're past the era of dictatorship, sentiments and lawlessness which requires Falana you and the rest of the 'opposition' in this country to change their strategy.
Why lie to make a point? I have no political affiliation. I am not that type. So if you are doing this based on political reasons, stop it.

These are peoples sons, husband's and fathers. We should not support them being killed if they actually wanted to serve but lacked proper ammunition.

1 Like

Re: Halt The Genocidal Elimination Of Nigeriansoldiers - Femi Falana by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 1:30am On Dec 20, 2014
Ikengawo:

I repeat, I do not care about winning an argument. I care about innocent lives who were ready to put their lives on the line to make Nigeria safe.

GIVE THE SOLDIERS ARMS, NOT DEATH.
Re: Halt The Genocidal Elimination Of Nigeriansoldiers - Femi Falana by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 1:48am On Dec 20, 2014
7.    The former 21 Armored Brigade commander is facing Court Martial today because the acting GOC does not want to see him and his garrision in Maiduguri town simply because of the huge monthly allocations from the Borno State government to the brigade garrision. He wanted to be collecting his money by using 7 Div Garrison, but in reality 7 Div Garrision does not have troops to claim such money. It is worthy to note that the GOC received 33,000litres of AGO and PMS each, 600 bags of rice monthly from Borno State government. All these items are diverted for his personal use.
Re: Halt The Genocidal Elimination Of Nigeriansoldiers - Femi Falana by BashBB: 1:53am On Dec 20, 2014
Ikengawo:

You have not challenged my fundamental point, which is that the soldier broke the law and the court of law has issued it's punishment. There is no law in Nigeria that is negotiable because of secondary circumstances. I can not rob someone and tell the courts my wife didn't provide me with food. I can not r@pe someone and say by girlfriend is not sleeping with me. I can not defect my post because I feel that I don't have enough weapons to fight boko haram. Most important is you don't know as a fact that he didn't have ammunition. I don't know as a fact that he had ammunition, but I do know that the Nigerian law for desertion calls for execution, he deserted as a fact and will be executed.

If you desert post, you are killed. There's no secondary excuse or way around it.
We can't keep amending our laws when sentiment arises. Falana called this court order a genocide. To me it sounds like emotions and politics and not law and due process.
Mr. Ikengawo I don't know if you have ever been to the troubled areas, but I can tell you this because I am from Michika in Adamawa state now in the control of Boko haram, soldiers in the fronts aren't given better weapons...they have just two magazines (60 rounds) given to them....most of the weapons are locked up in the armoury and they are not allowed to use them when BH atttacks, in some instances the GOCs often gives the order for the soldiers to withdraw (as was the case in mubi, michika, and gulak)......this are all my community.......I cannot give you detail account of whats happening here....but if interested you can contact me privately please

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Halt The Genocidal Elimination Of Nigeriansoldiers - Femi Falana by YourCoffin: 2:13am On Dec 20, 2014
Ikengawo:

The law isn't about what you wish, it's about what's written. Your wishes, Jonathan's wishes, and that soldiers wishes aren't relevant and this is where the term 'the law is blind' comes from. That's the disconnect between what you're understanding is and what I'm trying to teach you. It doesn't matter what the judge, the military, GEJ, PDP, APC, Falana, and the soldier wishes. If you break the law you invoke the consequence and that's the way civilization works. The law must be like the sun. No matter how you feel about the heat it will be hot and it's up to the soldier and the citizens to do what they need to do to deal with the rule of law (heat), not up to the rule of law (sun) to change to accommodate our wishes.

Your argument is only rooted in sentiment and sympathy. I commend you for being a kind person, but that's why you're not a judge. The madness Nigeria must raise against is sentiment and emotions. We have been a country ruled by emotions and not laws for years and that's why it's lawless.

More importantly leave Jonathan out of this. Nigeria has been a dictatorship for ages so it's hard for use to adjust our thinking to suit the new reality but the current reality that even his enemies will attest to is that Jonathan is a democrat and follows the Yar'Adua school of 'rule of law' building.

Once those soldiers defected it was out of Jonathan's hands. GEJ doesn't control the law, he can only carry out initiatives sent to him by the senate. Those men broke the law, they went to court, the judge sentenced them to death, they are to be killed by and execution squad. Jonathan is not a part of that process at all. He's not God. In a dictatorship because of someone's emotions they can say 'I don't want this person punished for defecting' and that will happen. A President isn't a God. Obasanjo had the wrong idea and so did others before him and this is why our country is playing catch up. Enough is enough. You break the law you're punished. Citizens with issues about that need to go to their senators office in their local government and petition for him or her to start a motion on the floor of the senate.

These men deserted their post and allowed hundreds to be killed because of cowardice. The villagers that were slaughtered and r@ped by boko haram who much ammunition did the federal government give them? Your argument isn't holding up.

Re: Halt The Genocidal Elimination Of Nigeriansoldiers - Femi Falana by YourCoffin: 2:15am On Dec 20, 2014
Ikengawo:

The law isn't about what you wish, it's about what's written. Your wishes, Jonathan's wishes, and that soldiers wishes aren't relevant and this is where the term 'the law is blind' comes from. That's the disconnect between what you're understanding is and what I'm trying to teach you. It doesn't matter what the judge, the military, GEJ, PDP, APC, Falana, and the soldier wishes. If you break the law you invoke the consequence and that's the way civilization works. The law must be like the sun. No matter how you feel about the heat it will be hot and it's up to the soldier and the citizens to do what they need to do to deal with the rule of law (heat), not up to the rule of law (sun) to change to accommodate our wishes.

Your argument is only rooted in sentiment and sympathy. I commend you for being a kind person, but that's why you're not a judge. The madness Nigeria must raise against is sentiment and emotions. We have been a country ruled by emotions and not laws for years and that's why it's lawless.

More importantly leave Jonathan out of this. Nigeria has been a dictatorship for ages so it's hard for use to adjust our thinking to suit the new reality but the current reality that even his enemies will attest to is that Jonathan is a democrat and follows the Yar'Adua school of 'rule of law' building.

Once those soldiers defected it was out of Jonathan's hands. GEJ doesn't control the law, he can only carry out initiatives sent to him by the senate. Those men broke the law, they went to court, the judge sentenced them to death, they are to be killed by and execution squad. Jonathan is not a part of that process at all. He's not God. In a dictatorship because of someone's emotions they can say 'I don't want this person punished for defecting' and that will happen. A President isn't a God. Obasanjo had the wrong idea and so did others before him and this is why our country is playing catch up. Enough is enough. You break the law you're punished. Citizens with issues about that need to go to their senators office in their local government and petition for him or her to start a motion on the floor of the senate.

These men deserted their post and allowed hundreds to be killed because of cowardice. The villagers that were slaughtered and r@ped by boko haram who much ammunition did the federal government give them? Your argument isn't holding up.

You forgot to also mention that a law is only as viable as its dynamics. A law- no matter how unsentimental it seems- without a proper system put in place to encourage its acceptance is no viable law. Such is the case with those millitary men. Once the conditions necessary for the soldiers to adhere to a law is not met, the law looses its viability. That's the reason for insisting on trial before the execution of a law. In the case of the soldiers, it was evident that certain condition was not met and yet they were unjustly sentenced to death . To me, that's the height of irresponsibility on the part of the millitary.

BH are slaughtering our boys in droves. Hunger is maiming. The government is supposed to kill them too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Halt The Genocidal Elimination Of Nigeriansoldiers - Femi Falana by Nobody: 5:23am On Dec 20, 2014
Ikengawo:
Military law says you are executed for abandoning post. Now that we have a court system that works there are people begging for an interruption of the national law because of their own sentiment and weak liver. Falana is a bastard. How many innocent people were raped and killed because these soldier ran away instead of protecting them.
why do you people reason like wicked fools? We all know that even a mechanic will perform poorly when ill-equipped talkless of soldiers facing boko haram with poor weapons. All because of your selfish love for GEJ which is majorly based on tribalism, you decide that it is good to have the young boys killed, boys who have been daring to face the terrorists bombarding a region even the president is scared stiff to visit. I sometimes wonder whether you guys don't know that you might have a family member among those facing such predicament. What stupid law permits suicide? I believe the wrath of God will one day fall you and your ilk for the wicked and malicious comments you make on a daily basis because of GEJ. So sad GEJ won't even notice.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Halt The Genocidal Elimination Of Nigeriansoldiers - Femi Falana by Nobody: 5:44am On Dec 20, 2014
Ikengawo:

posting pictures of a few "equipped" soldiers still doesn't prove anything. How many rounds of bullets do you think they have in their cartridges(that's if they even have more than one)? Being ill-equipped goes beyond just having an AK gun and bullet prove vests, numbers speak too. A battalion that's suppose to house over 750 soldiers has only 72 men and you expect them to. Over power boko haram that move in countless hilux vans and APC and might have a satelite connection spying the ground for them. You claim the soldiers are well equipped, how come boko haram keeps carving out a caliphate? Even after the soldiers regain some of these territories, how come boko haram still manages to chase them out? It is clear you are only against them because you think their actions exposes you master gej's incompetence and corrupt practices, which is evident in your bringing in of APC/PDP and tinubu that knows nothing about war. You GEJ supporters are the reason he's losing on a daily basis. Instead of you guys to blame the service chiefs, you are busy commending the foul judgment till protests will spark up thereby putting your master gej on a miserable spotlight.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Halt The Genocidal Elimination Of Nigeriansoldiers - Femi Falana by Duru1(m): 7:00am On Dec 20, 2014
BashBB:
Mr. Ikengawo I don't know if you have ever been to the troubled areas, but I can tell you this because I am from Michika in Adamawa state now in the control of Boko haram, soldiers in the fronts aren't given better weapons...they have just two magazines (60 rounds) given to them....most of the weapons are locked up in the armoury and they are not allowed to use them when BH atttacks, in some instances the GOCs often gives the order for the soldiers to withdraw (as was the case in mubi, michika, and gulak)......this are all my community.......I cannot give you detail account of whats happening here....but if interested you can contact me privately please

Issuing soldiers a truck load of ammunitions has led to wastefulness and lack of tactical approach to combat. Some modern assault rifles are designed without option of fully automatic mechanism but a burst of three shots. Therefore battles are not won because soldiers carry tonnage of lead to the battle field. Nigerians should quit the irresponsible propaganda for cheap political point. It does not speak well about the intellect of Nigerians if they continue to dwell on crass idiocy. Nigeria should endeavor to improve on the management of its logistical quagmire.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dasuki Bought 90million Naira House For His Son From Money Meant For Arms / State Of Aiyetoro Itele Road Ogun State / Buhari Is An Idiot, Mad.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.