Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,340 members, 7,808,202 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:36 AM

Why Steven Spielberg Is Clueless About Nollywood Queen Omotola Jalade-ekeinde - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why Steven Spielberg Is Clueless About Nollywood Queen Omotola Jalade-ekeinde (32969 Views)

Is This True About Nollywood Actor Tony Umez? (Pic) / Caption This Photo of Omotola Jalade Ekeinde Dancing / Queen Nwokoye Vs Funke Akindele : Who Is Nollywood's Queen Of Comedy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Steven Spielberg Is Clueless About Nollywood Queen Omotola Jalade-ekeinde by jantavanta(m): 3:03pm On Dec 20, 2014
cap28:
she sits in between two of the most powerful people in Hollywood and shines her teeth like she's on cloud nine but the reality of the situation is that she could have been a refugee who just wandered into that event from off the street, sat next to two of the most powerful men in Hollywood and those white men would have still smiled for the cameras - they are consummate pretenders.

Omotola is unknown to Hollywood because Hollywood is a film industry run for the benefit of the white race, it pushes agendas that favour white supremacy and white power, black actors are only recognised if they slot into subservient roles as slaves (Lupita Nyongo) clowns (eddie Murphy) prostitutes and crack heads (Halle Berry) criminals and thugs (Denzel Washington , or the stereo typical good house negro who obeys massa (Morgan Freeman).

Omotola in my view is not the best that Nigeria can offer as far as acting is concerned but in her defence she will never be recognised by Hollywood because
a) she does not look European enough to be accepted by white audiences - European audiences do not find African women with obvious African facial and body features attractive that's why the likes of Halle Berry are the only 'black' women allowed to get anywhere in Hollywood.

b) she is not western enough in her speech to be accepted by a western audience (that includes blacks in the west who also reason and behave like whites)

c) her body shape is regarded as 'fat' in the western world and therefore she would never be cast in a love interest role

d)black women are never used as love interests in Hollywood because Hollywood executives who call the shots do not regard black women as attractive enough to be in such roles.

e) by now I hope you guys understand that Hollywood is a racist institution that promotes white supremacy therefore roles for black people not to talk of roles for black women are extremely limited - black women in Hollywood are usually cast as prostitutes and victims (Halle Berry) whores (Kerry Washington) or slaves (Lupita Nyongo)

so my dear Omotola take your eyes off Hollywood and concentrate on being the best you can be for your own people - charity as they say begins at home.

Hollywood is a White Supremacist Institution. They have no obligation to Nollywood. It is left for Nollywood to make more films than mere home videos.

Where are nollywood films for children?
Where are musicals?
Why are full grown adult women cast as school girls? Why are the same actors over used and thinking it makes them stand out?

2 Likes

Re: Why Steven Spielberg Is Clueless About Nollywood Queen Omotola Jalade-ekeinde by cap28: 3:08pm On Dec 20, 2014
Hollywood is a white supremacist institution set up to promote the myth of white superiority :

Many Nigerians are ignorant and do not understand how Hollywood works, listen to the words of a very talented African American comedian by the name of Paul Mooney who understands Hollywood:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8FOVz0AAEc
Re: Why Steven Spielberg Is Clueless About Nollywood Queen Omotola Jalade-ekeinde by Orikinla(m): 3:11pm On Dec 20, 2014
No Nollywood movie has even made the selection (not nomination) of the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film, one of the Academy Awards of Merit, or Oscars, handed out annually by the U.S.-based Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences (AMPAS). It is given to a feature-length motion picture produced outside the United States of America with a predominantly non-English dialogue track

Eligibility

Unlike other Academy Awards, the Foreign Language Film Award does not require films to be released in the United States in order to be eligible for competition. Films competing in the Foreign Language Film category must have been first released in the country submitting them during the eligibility period defined by the rules of the Academy, and must have been exhibited for at least seven consecutive days in a commercial movie theater.[1] The eligibility period for the Foreign Language Film category differs from that required for most other categories: the awards year defined for the Foreign Language Film category usually begins and ends before the ordinary awards year, which corresponds to an exact calendar year. For the 80th Academy Awards, for instance, the release deadline for the Foreign Language Film category was set on September 30, 2007, whereas the qualifying run for most other categories extended till December 31, 2007.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Academy_Award_for_Best_Foreign_Language_Film
Re: Why Steven Spielberg Is Clueless About Nollywood Queen Omotola Jalade-ekeinde by itstpia8: 3:11pm On Dec 20, 2014
Whether omotola is cast in hollywood or not, how exactly does it concern me?

Have black women never been cast in hollywood? It is primarily an american film industry, should they ignore the millions of eligible black women in the west and specifically in america, because?

Besides, if you are serious about putting your favourite nollywood star on the big screen, then go about it whichever way others have gone about theirs.

As for me, explain exactly why I must carry this matter on my head. What is omotola ( and most if these celebrities) looking for that she (or they) doesn't/dont already have? Is it husband, money, fame, clothes, makeup, press, or what exactly?
Re: Why Steven Spielberg Is Clueless About Nollywood Queen Omotola Jalade-ekeinde by Nobody: 3:13pm On Dec 20, 2014
hifaif:

Calm down, you simpleminded cretin. I only advised you. You watch western movies indeed. You think all those pirated Aba-made movies that you watch are what we call western movies? Go out there and buy quality movies and help your shallow self.
Ur utterances alone are a clear manifestation of ur emptiness.U've got nothing useful to offer humanity but only to come to a forum like this to display ur chronic empty piece, u call advice. Go take a chill pill,scruffy riff-raff!
Re: Why Steven Spielberg Is Clueless About Nollywood Queen Omotola Jalade-ekeinde by Nobody: 3:23pm On Dec 20, 2014
axortedbabe:
Who's omotala omotola..
Dnt even knw her too..
grin grin grin I am Omotola,any problem?
Re: Why Steven Spielberg Is Clueless About Nollywood Queen Omotola Jalade-ekeinde by technokid(m): 3:25pm On Dec 20, 2014
If you have ever watched an American movie, in fact if u have watched a movie in your life and you have never heard steven spielberg it means u don't look beyond the screen and it also applies a lot to a lot of areas in your life not just movies. If u haven't heard of Steven Spielberg or Peter Jackson then I guess u limit the amount of knowledge your brain can accomodate. Smh
As for Omotola, she should have introduced herself and established a relationship with the man, and probably give him her works in a flash drive or disc or try to get an appointment with the man, if that man put that babe as a waka-pass for any of her movie her LIFE don change be that "goodbye to nollywood and hello to hollywood". I trust people like dbanj who can capitalise on anything like he did with meeting Kanye in d airport. This is where PEOPLE SKILLS matter and evidence that talent isn't enough

1 Like

Re: Why Steven Spielberg Is Clueless About Nollywood Queen Omotola Jalade-ekeinde by Nobody: 3:33pm On Dec 20, 2014
enkay4love:
Ur utterances alone are a clear manifestation of ur emptiness.U've got nothing useful to offer humanity but only to come to a forum like this to display ur chronic empty piece, u call advice. Go take a chill pill,scruffy riff-raff!

All this garbage cos I advised you to help your dead brain. Haba!!!

Who is empty? I have a wider scope on movies but you only know those Aba-made movies and the vulcanizers that write their subtitles. Anyway, you look like one of their waka pass association member. To you, Aki is Denzel Washington and the 1 dollar they pay you every week (including servicing the ogas) is pretty much.

3 Likes

Re: Why Steven Spielberg Is Clueless About Nollywood Queen Omotola Jalade-ekeinde by InvertedHammer: 3:33pm On Dec 20, 2014
/
In Spielberg's world Omotola is insignificant.

Jews attach more importance to economics than emotions.

Omotola is good but not bankable...just a queen in her castle where competition is almost nonexistent
\

3 Likes

Re: Why Steven Spielberg Is Clueless About Nollywood Queen Omotola Jalade-ekeinde by rhames(m): 3:44pm On Dec 20, 2014
Mcbussy:

I'm sure u watch hollywood movies...If u don't know Steven Spielberg, then you are not enlightened grin

Its like using Facebook and not knowing Mark Zuckerberg or using Nairaland without knowing Seun Osewa

This one na correct yab

1 Like

Re: Why Steven Spielberg Is Clueless About Nollywood Queen Omotola Jalade-ekeinde by rhames(m): 3:47pm On Dec 20, 2014
Thats the reason why Nollywood should move magic based scripts to more surreal and modern story telling.
Re: Why Steven Spielberg Is Clueless About Nollywood Queen Omotola Jalade-ekeinde by cap28: 3:49pm On Dec 20, 2014
Hollywood is actively involved in an assault on the psyche of black people, their objective is to demean, degrade and destroy psychologically the mind of the black race, therefore it is totally s.tupid to imagine that this same institution would put you on a pedestal or accord you any kind of respect.

This is why black people only get academy awards for films like precious where black women are depicted as violent, abusive welfare queens, who allow their boyfriends to se.xually assault and damage their own children:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L26bnfsPb2A

1 Like

Re: Why Steven Spielberg Is Clueless About Nollywood Queen Omotola Jalade-ekeinde by cap28: 4:00pm On Dec 20, 2014
Blacks only gain recognition from Hollywood when they wash their dirty linen in public:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxxqA4NhQM4
Re: Why Steven Spielberg Is Clueless About Nollywood Queen Omotola Jalade-ekeinde by Nobody: 4:01pm On Dec 20, 2014
hifaif:

Who is empty? I have a wider scope on movies but you only know those Aba-made movies and the vulcanizers that write their subtitles. Anyway, you look like one of their waka pass association member. To you, Aki is Denzel Washington and the 1 dollar they pay you every week (including servicing the ogas) is pretty much.
hahahaha ,u're a just a shameless clown,who condemns the attributes of his land of heritage & rather takes pride in those of a foreign land that u don't even know the route to.If I should start naming the western movie collections I have,it'll seem we're on the same pedestal.I actually thot u were a misguided species that culd simply be put right with sarcasm,but I just realized,u're just a pathetic & collosal excuse for a human species that takes pride in folly .So. Right now,u're officially ignored.If u quote me back,i'll certainly understand the level of ur insanity.
Re: Why Steven Spielberg Is Clueless About Nollywood Queen Omotola Jalade-ekeinde by itstpia8: 4:08pm On Dec 20, 2014
technokid:
If you have ever watched an American movie, in fact if u have watched a movie in your life and you have never heard steven spielberg it means u don't look beyond the screen and it also applies a lot to a lot of areas in your life not just movies. If u haven't heard of Steven Spielberg or Peter Jackson then I guess u limit the amount of knowledge your brain can accomodate. Smh
As for Omotola, she should have introduced herself and established a relationship with the man, and probably give him her works in a flash drive or disc or try to get an appointment with the man, if that man put that babe as a waka-pass for any of her movie her LIFE don change be that "goodbye to nollywood and hello to hollywood". I trust people like dbanj who can capitalise on anything like he did with meeting Kanye in d airport. This is where PEOPLE SKILLS matter and evidence that talent isn't enough

you have broken it down o.
Re: Why Steven Spielberg Is Clueless About Nollywood Queen Omotola Jalade-ekeinde by reezee: 4:08pm On Dec 20, 2014
he does not know her because they make crappy movies in nollywood where they act like 3 movies in a week unlike american movies that takes months and years to make
standard matters alot.
Re: Why Steven Spielberg Is Clueless About Nollywood Queen Omotola Jalade-ekeinde by Originalsly: 4:11pm On Dec 20, 2014
@Cap28.....why are you suggesting it would be hard for Omotola to break into Hollywood because of her African features....which Europeans don't like? Is that why she is lightening up to stand a better chance? This is the mentality of too many of us. With the same token Lupita is everything pure bred African....from complexion to nappy hair...everything that so many like yourself see as setbacks. If what you say is true why is she celebrated by the White media? She has graced the cover of so many glossy magazines....including I think this month's issue of Glamour? Why? They said the same of Lauyn Hill with her silky smooth dark skin and dreadlocks......and as for Denzel Washington.....he has always been sought after by Hollywood....and acts in movies of his liking. He even acted in Bollywood's Nair movie "Mississippi Masala" when he was red hot in Nollywood.....his roles are diverse so why pigeon hole him as a bandit/slave actor?.... and did you notice he plays major roles if not the star?..I uess you forgot.
Re: Why Steven Spielberg Is Clueless About Nollywood Queen Omotola Jalade-ekeinde by cap28: 4:15pm On Dec 20, 2014
Hollywood didn't give Denzel an Oscar for this magnificent performance in the film Glory, but they gave him one for acting like a stereo typical black thug in training day:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KD5DVxqmjRo

1 Like

Re: Why Steven Spielberg Is Clueless About Nollywood Queen Omotola Jalade-ekeinde by kgr28(m): 4:19pm On Dec 20, 2014
cap28:
Hollywood didn't give Denzel an Oscar for this magnificent performance in the film Glory, but they gave him one for acting like a stereo typical black thug in training day:

Are you for real?? stop with conspiracy and propaganda!
Re: Why Steven Spielberg Is Clueless About Nollywood Queen Omotola Jalade-ekeinde by Zaikon(m): 4:19pm On Dec 20, 2014
Orikinla:

But they are popular in Atlanta.
u bad gan
Re: Why Steven Spielberg Is Clueless About Nollywood Queen Omotola Jalade-ekeinde by Nobody: 4:22pm On Dec 20, 2014
enkay4love:
hahahaha ,u're a just a shameless clown,who condemns the attributes of his land of heritage & rather takes pride in those of a foreign land that u don't even know the route to.If I should start naming the western movie collections I have,it'll seem we're on the same pedestal.I actually thot u were a misguided species that culd simply be put right with sarcasm,but I just realized,u're just a pathetic & collosal excuse for a human species that takes pride in folly .So. Right now,u're officially ignored.If u quote me back,i'll certainly understand the level of ur insanity.

What are you gibbering about? Work on your English, ma. You can't even spell colossal or use it correctly. Same with species. Please, are there other human species presently? Your English is just as pathetic as your mentality. Work on yourself, please.

4 Likes

Re: Why Steven Spielberg Is Clueless About Nollywood Queen Omotola Jalade-ekeinde by cupidhero(m): 4:25pm On Dec 20, 2014
Sophyrocks:

True talk. We cannot compare the quality of acting in nollywood with that of hollywood. I think i get what steven spielberg is trying to say. Can any of our actors/actresses pull off any of the stunts in hollywood movies? LOL. Nah!! The hollywood actors that are nigerian by birth had a different form of training from those in bred here in nollywood. Our orientation in acting still differs from theirs. Nollywood uses Nigerian mentality to act. grin grin
FSE# You are even going too far,is like you want them to quit acting. seeunns's sweetheart tonto dike can't even jump over a 10 litre plastic can. Lol. If a real director puts these actors to work i promise you many will quit. Not every stunt is done by the main actor,big stars have doubles who they use as stuntmen and stuntwomen but 80% of their roles are usually won by auditioning. Tonto and her squad is above auditions. All they know how to do is to spread false hope to through their movies not to talk of the royal titled movies. A NLder even called me a baboon just because i criticised these amateurs. I still got love for omotola tho,she is one of the hottest celebrity moms i know.
Re: Why Steven Spielberg Is Clueless About Nollywood Queen Omotola Jalade-ekeinde by Originalsly: 4:33pm On Dec 20, 2014
cap28:

Same with Malcolm X....but he played lead roles in these and many more Hollywood movies.
Re: Why Steven Spielberg Is Clueless About Nollywood Queen Omotola Jalade-ekeinde by cupidhero(m): 4:44pm On Dec 20, 2014
technokid:
As for Omotola, she should have introduced herself and established a relationship with them

I swear she would have landed a role by now. You don't seat with oga kpatakpata of hollywood and just keep mute. Omotola is a beautiful woman and i know oga spielberg would have loved a lil chitchat with her no matter how occupied he must have been. Maybe she did not actually recognize him early and thought he was just a regular joe. Spielberg is no more making much movies but i know if he reccomends anybody to people like christopher nolan or guillermo del toro they will gladly accept the person without much scrutiny.
Re: Why Steven Spielberg Is Clueless About Nollywood Queen Omotola Jalade-ekeinde by cap28: 4:54pm On Dec 20, 2014
Originalsly:
@Cap28.....why are you suggesting it would be hard for Omotola to break into Hollywood because of her African features....which Europeans don't like? Is that why she is lightening up to stand a better chance? This is the mentality of too many of us. With the same token Lupita is everything pure bred African....from complexion to nappy hair...everything that so many like yourself see as setbacks. If what you say is true why is she celebrated by the White media? She has graced the cover of so many glossy magazines....including I think this month's issue of Glamour? Why? They said the same of Lauyn Hill with her silky smooth dark skin and dreadlocks......and as for Denzel Washington.....he has always been sought after by Hollywood....and acts in movies of his liking. He even acted in Bollywood's Nair movie "Mississippi Masala" when he was red hot in Nollywood.....his roles are diverse so why pigeon hole him as a bandit/slave actor?.... and did you notice he plays major roles if not the star?..I uess you forgot.

I don't think you understood the gist of my post. I was not criticising Omotola for her looks, am I not an African myself? I adore black beauty. I was simply highlighting Hollywood's racism , Hollywood hate black people and only depict us in a negative light.

Lupita is only successful in Hollywood because she played the part of a slave, that is not to take away from her obvious talent but it is simply the truth, Lupita will never be cast as a love interest opposite a white man in Hollywood, if Hollywood didn't think Whitney Houston was worthy to be cast as Kevin Costner's love interest imagine what they think of Omotola.
And you are totally wrong about how I feel about Lupita Nyongo - I thiknk she is beautiful and natural and projects a very positive image of what African women should aspire to, unfortunately Lupita is not a creation of Africa but a creation of Hollywood, the average African woman doesn't want to look like Lupita because the average African's mind has already been contaminated by the poison of self hatred which is projected by Hollywood. So the situation is quite complex - on the one hand blacks are despised and hated by Hollywood but in the same token Hollywood uses blacks only when it suits whatever agenda they are pushing.

I don't rate Omotola as a good actress I believe with better training Nigeria can produce much better actresses, here in the UK there are Nigerians who are professionally trained ie attended drama school and have a broad range of experience, Omotola can not compete with those sort of actresses , those are the people I respect. Omotola has only one range - as a love interest which she doesnt even do well, I want to see Nigerian women who are not simply depicted as sexu.al objects, long suffering wives, door mats, abused wives they need to be given more meaningful roles in Nollywood to reflect the reality of todays Nigerian society.

As you correctly said Lupita is celebrated on the covers of some glossy western magazines but only bevause she is the flavour of the month for now, very soon there will be another African looking flavour of the month who will take her place, what im trying to say in a nutshell is that the celebration of Lupita Nyongo is just a fluke, a fleeting fancy in the fickle mind of the white media, very soon another fluke will take her place. We as Africans need to take charge of our own destiny and celebrate our own people and not wait for the white man to celebrate him or her first before we give him or her the recognition which they deserve.

Lupita is a beautiful black natural African woman there is no dispute about that but why didn't we celebrate her before 12 years a slave after all she has been on south African tv for a while now.

Denzel is one of my personal heroes and so is Lauryn Hill but both are creations of the western entertainment industry and only got so far because they agreed to play the game according to the white man's rules. For a while Lauryn refused to tow the line and ended up in prison on 'tax evasion' charges so that should give you an idea of what happens to black entertainers in the west who refuse to toe the line.

And for the record Denzel does not act in any film of his liking - if he wants to stay employable in Hollywood he acts in films that are guaranteed to make money for the major Hollywood film companies which are run by whites and jews.
Re: Why Steven Spielberg Is Clueless About Nollywood Queen Omotola Jalade-ekeinde by koyyess: 5:03pm On Dec 20, 2014
No na , hollywood directors/producers are allergic to actresses who are'nt slim. They need trim, agile actresses that can run around in their sci-fi movies.
Re: Why Steven Spielberg Is Clueless About Nollywood Queen Omotola Jalade-ekeinde by usmanspihn(m): 5:06pm On Dec 20, 2014
phellycia2013:
truth is dis ladies need 2 step up their game, av watched last flight 2 Abuja nd I must say it is one big flop....av also watched IJe..yes its a li2 beta bt nt mind blow per say, I watched d almighty Genny (grt fan dou) act and am nt really so engulfed as I shld av expected, if dey step u their game, he will nt only recognize dem, d whole world will....I knw Olivia pope nw nt coz am a grt fan of Hollywood movies bt coz I watched scandal by persuasion nd am so addicted 2 it nw..never tot of finding out abt her real name as I type nw sef

Her name is Perry Washington. One of Hollywood's finest. Please that series is in what number presently?
Re: Why Steven Spielberg Is Clueless About Nollywood Queen Omotola Jalade-ekeinde by cap28: 5:12pm On Dec 20, 2014
Halle Berry had to do this in order to get recognition from Hollywood:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3zcF3YvK-o
Re: Why Steven Spielberg Is Clueless About Nollywood Queen Omotola Jalade-ekeinde by cap28: 5:17pm On Dec 20, 2014
Originalsly:
Same with Malcolm X....but he played lead roles in these and many more Hollywood movies.

but never received an Oscar for any of the memorable ones like Malcolm X.
Re: Why Steven Spielberg Is Clueless About Nollywood Queen Omotola Jalade-ekeinde by darkman200: 5:26pm On Dec 20, 2014
hifaif:

Majority of comments on this forum come from people that are 75% brain dead. They do not have what it takes to understand and appreciate a superior argument like yours. I gave up on them long ago. From the leadership to the commoners, they all have the same mentality. Excessive aggression in the face of superior points. Defending the indefensible, blind nationalism and false claim to patriotism instead of fixing the ills of our society, what we now have is a retrogressive one.

4 Likes

Re: Why Steven Spielberg Is Clueless About Nollywood Queen Omotola Jalade-ekeinde by cap28: 5:27pm On Dec 20, 2014
The white man never gave Denzel an Oscar for this, why is that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3p5rMLDt2rs

2 Likes

Re: Why Steven Spielberg Is Clueless About Nollywood Queen Omotola Jalade-ekeinde by amelieoneill: 5:29pm On Dec 20, 2014
Like Shannon said I'm amazed that you able to make $4303 in 4 weeks on the internet .
You could try here ------>>> W­­W­­W.J­­O­­B­­S­­F­­I­­S­­H.C­­O­­M

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Toke Makinwa, Agbani Darego Step Out In Style for Silverbird 35th Anniversary / Seun Kuti Blasts Ooni Ogunwusi: "Shame, For Saying Jesus Is Your Father" / "Dr Sid's Career Died With His Father” – Follower Trolls Son Of Justice Esiri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.